• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ranking has slowed down where I clear a map and barely move. I'm a lock fo the 2500-3000 spot which is 5 gems and a red ticket.

But I echo the drained bit. I think I'm going to keep my overflow stamina since I think tomorrow is an off day, then Thursday is NeoBoa. Might as well start off with double stamina for that.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Boa starts tomorrow. Yikes, not even a day to slow down. Still, at least I won't wait on the stamina I guess?

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I've bought 2 legends packs, I remember getting V1 Akainu and being ecstatic about it back then. And then I got a dupe Blucci from the second pack, that was so disappointing. My luck was fairly below average on Global, bought a couple gems packs to do more multis but never got anything. Probably would have spent more money if I didn't make a JP account over a year ago.

Rerolled to start with V2 Doffy (back when he was first introduced) and only pulled every 4-5 months on the biggest sugos (4th anni, Big Mom, 100m downloads). My JP account is pretty lucky , especially since for a long while I mostly logged in to get the daily free gems. But somehow I got a lot of top tier legends and I'd probably need to spend hundreds of euros to get the same account on Global. That taught me a couple things :

1) I didn't need to spend anything on the game (not that I can now anyway since gems purchase is banned in Belgium)
2) I barely used most top tier legends I got like V2 Akainu, Lace, V2 Aokiji, V2 Sanji. Once the euphoria of actually pulling them was over, I realised I didn't really need them nor did I want to use most of them.

In other news, TM Nami is finally done, FC Carrot is pretty amazing for sure, paired her up with my crappy V1 6+ Rayleigh and she carried me through. Going to try hit 3M, got a few days left so that seems possible. Will try staying in top 1K on Global for the extra tablets but will probably drop out, went down from 650 to 950 over the last couple days.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently 544 on all natural stamina. I gain about 20 ranks per sea level. I could potentially grind it out for that extra dupe legend. Hmm...

My TM Jack special is no longer one shotting Pudding. It might be cause for concern. (But not really.)

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Got to 3 Million in east blue, got Shirahoshi~~~~~~~~~~

Question for everyone here, what TM unit should I get with tickets? I have TM: Shanks, Boa, Nami; Legends: (Carrot, Bege, G4V2, Nami, Kata, Lucy, V2Akainu).

Currently debating between Law, BM, and Enel. That 500k damage from enel looks sexy~~~

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Got to 3 Million in east blue, got Shirahoshi~~~~~~~~~~

Question for everyone here, what TM unit should I get with tickets? I have TM: Shanks, Boa, Nami; Legends: (Carrot, Bege, G4V2, Nami, Kata, Lucy, V2Akainu).

Currently debating between Law, BM, and Enel. That 500k damage from enel looks sexy~~~

Grats on Shira! Out of those 3 I would pick Enel, no doubt. For me he's arguably the best TM unit released so far. He's amazing to speed run farming content like restaurant Le Crap. Great rainbow captain for random teams in TM too. 500k fixed damage wave clear is just so useful. He's got that great reduce cooldown LB too, you can use his special twice quite often.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Grats on Shira! Out of those 3 I would pick Enel, no doubt. For me he's arguably the best TM unit released so far. He's amazing to speed run farming content like restaurant Le Crap. Great rainbow captain for random teams in TM too. 500k fixed damage wave clear is just so useful. He's got that great reduce cooldown LB too, you can use his special twice quite often.
Enel acquired.

Oct 25, 2017
Praise jebus, it's finally over. Finished 428 with almost 111M points on nav level 65. I don't know why I do this to myself. This dupe legend best be worth it. Didn't fail at all and probably used 3 or 4 gems for stamina refills towards the final stretch.

On the bright side, I can finally play Smash Bros again. Treasure map lasts for too damn long.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
TM is all well and fine when you're running for the 5 million mark, but trying to obtain and keep a decent ranking is exhausting. Especially with this one. Felt like it went on forever.
Anyway, I ended up ~2800, so that's at least some decent rewards.

I'm actually struggling against Hancock. Anyone got a Katakuri team for it?

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, should have done one more run. Got pushed down to 3-3500 rank by only a handful. One more clear would have done it.

I lament the loss of one gem, but I'm okay with it. I'm over 500 already thanks to just hitting day 1400 (yikes!)

Made an easy Boa FS team. LawV1 x2, TM Luffy, TM Ace, NeoKinemon, and QCK Garp. Use Garp on stage 3. Use Luffy and Ace on Stage 5 to KO, both Law's on revive to KO. Easy Peasy.

Looking at other teams, I've got all the RR to make Slasher and maybe have all the ones for Cereb. Will hammer out FS today and worry about the rest later

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
should have done one more run. Got pushed down to 3-3500 rank by only a handful. One more clear would have done it.
Sorry, that was me. I woke up half an hour early to get a run in. Pushed me from ~3000 to ~2800.

I'm only going to be sitting on about 130ish gems for the Christmas sugo, so I'm tempted to skip and wait for the anni. I'd rather go all in for Big Mom than Warco, simply because I like her more.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I slowed down a lot on TM on the last few days. I love the mode but I inevitably get tired of it by the end. On the other hand I'm not sure if shorter TMs is better since I remember the G4 TM being super-tense. Also I got a ton of friend captain uses this time around, almost certainly due to Legend Nami. I can only imagine what having Tesoro was like.

I wanted to pull on LRR Tashigi, but I got LRR Doffy last time so I doubt my luck will hold out. Plus I did a few more pulls than planned on Tesoro Sugo so I want to save for the 4th anniversary. Big Mom/Brook is where I want to go all-in.

Also hit 1400 login days today! That's a lot. I wonder if we'll get anything extra for 1500 days.

Legend Robin makes the Cerebral level of Boa pretty simple, though I was actually a bit more limited on teams than expected since I don't have LRR Hawkins, LRR Tashigi, or v2 Doffy. Tried a v2 Fuji team for Slasher but there's just too much damage to deal with. Kind of feels like they wanted to screw over Fuji specifically. Oh well, I'll just find a team for Zoro or v1 Law.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wooo version 9.0 dropping this Friday on Japan with a brand new feature called Support! Sounds pretty interesting, going to double the number of characters in your crew it seems and add support abilities to each of your "main crew member" by attaching "a supporting crew member" to them. Might hint towards more difficult content which would require such feature (100 floors training tower???). Nothing game-breaking probably in terms of power but adds a new layer to the game like sockets and limit breaks did.

Also can't wait for the RDR2 collab in January, seems like it will drop at the same time on Global and Japan.

Didn't play much TM yesterday so eventually ended 1022. Missed out on 1 gem and a few tablets but that's no big deal, it's by far my best rank in a TM and didn't even have to spend a single gem on refill for the first time! Having a point booster sure made a world of difference.

I'm actually struggling against Hancock. Anyone got a Katakuri team for it?

Neo Boa is kinda tricky for Katakuri, Robin, V2 Shanks, Croc 6+ are all better Cerebral leads for this I think. If you have Brûlée and she's got her LB (to remove 1 turn of paralysis), you could pair her up with TS Nami to deal with the post revive pralysis, she's also PSY. Valentine Koala is mandatory to remove despair and bind on stage 3. Colo Neptune on stage 4 to carry the orb boost to next stage. Then Brûlée + Kata to burst in two turns and then TS Nami + Kata again after revive probably.

I'm putting my newly recruited V2 Shanks and Valentine Koala to good use for Cerebral. Got a super safe team, just need to stall for specials : V2 Shanks, TS Nami, RR Sicilian (wave clear on stage 2 or 4, removes 1 turn of paralysis with his sailor), Raid Caesar (another wave clear). Pretty much fool proof with Zunesha.

Sorry, that was me. I woke up half an hour early to get a run in. Pushed me from ~3000 to ~2800.

I'm only going to be sitting on about 130ish gems for the Christmas sugo, so I'm tempted to skip and wait for the anni. I'd rather go all in for Big Mom than Warco, simply because I like her more.

If you don't prefer Warco to Big Mom, I think skipping Christmas and saving for 4th year anni is the best choice by far yup. Anni will be a much much better sugo, there will be quite a few more batches released by then so fewer chances for dupes. And honestly Big Mom's batch has better units than Warco's batch.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, my guess right now with Support is that it will essentially be like adding an additional sailor ability to each character, though they could certainly get more complex with it if they want. It's a good idea though, since it allows them to make better use of crew cost, which has been irrelevant for most of us for ages, as well as offering another chance for older units to be good again (or perhaps good for the first time).

They should really make the Celestial Dragons into good supports, just so we have to deal with that 99 crew cost. :P

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Support sounds neat but man putting teams together is going to take a while

Yes and no. Might be tough at first but I bet each unit will only do one thing. Like adding story sanji = remove 1 turn of paralysis. If bosses give 5 turns, you need 5 support units that do that one thing.

That's my guess at least. It'll be interesting to see. I'm all for adding a bit more to the game. Sailor abilities were and continue to be nice. LB was rare then became standard for all new RR units.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Yes and no. Might be tough at first but I bet each unit will only do one thing. Like adding story sanji = remove 1 turn of paralysis. If bosses give 5 turns, you need 5 support units that do that one thing.

That's my guess at least. It'll be interesting to see. I'm all for adding a bit more to the game. Sailor abilities were and continue to be nice. LB was rare then became standard for all new RR units.
I meant more the literal physical time of assigning all the characters

One thing is I wonder if they'll count as point boosters, shit could get real crazy

At the very least that's ten units getting blacklisted every fight in TM.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I think it's also a nice way to buff and maybe make some old RR units relevant again, like limit break did. They just added LB to the very last batch of old legends/RRs on Japan, even the ambush units got theirs so that's probably why they felt it was the right moment to come up with a new feature. Support abilities will eventually come to every single unit in the game.

I don't think support units will count as point boosters, that would be way too much but it's definitely a system that could potentially be very complex and messy. It's probably in their best interest to keep it simple. Really look forward to getting more clarity on friday. I wonder if the upcoming Xmas legend will also be tailored for this support feature, it would make sense.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the upcoming Xmas legend will also be tailored for this support feature, it would make sense.

Oh, now there's a good idea. We're still missing Legend Chopper, maybe if you assign all versions of chopper story mode you can give him some extra something?
... I'm bad at designing units.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
christmas legends on Japan appear to be Snakeman Luffy and Scarfless Katakuri (6+s???)

surprised they didn't save that for the next anniversary

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I had saved up for this sugo. I really dont "need" lucy since I do have a few OP legends but he is so interesting to play with. I need about 210 gems for him, should i buy or not... Aarghhh.
I think he's quite bland to play with after Katakuri's delay, Sanji's multiplier and Akainu's EOT damage. He's strong, and can clear pretty much anything, but I have more fun with gimmicky captains personally.

Manga spoilers: Next Japan TM seems to be the drunken dragon Kaido himself. His legend is probably a ways off it's going to be his dragon form, and it's going to be awesome but I'm glad he's getting some representation right now. No idea how he'll play though.

My TM legend was Whitebeard, continuing my trend of pulling 5000 Ray Points.

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
So many big exciting news today!

First the Global Christmas sugo..... Meh whyyyyyyy? It's pretty good on paper, the first part ticks most boxes : all gold, double legend rate, not one but TWO 30 gems multis (1st and 2nd too, which never happened), guaranteed legend from a restricted pool of OP legends and guaranteed Lucy on the 5th?! That's pretty great, I'd have loved to go 9 multis deep on this. But :

- I just pulled Lucy with my TM ticket.
- I just got Katakuri and Robin from World Clash rewards, 3/5 chances to get a new legend on the 9th multi, would love to get Lace since he makes some content trivial but with my pull luck I'd get a dupe probably.
- The boosted legends pool is absolutely awful on both parts, SW Ace? V1 Boa? No V2G4, no Nami, no Tesoro, no V2 Akainu.
- No mention of any RR batch being boosted either.
- And the big elephant in the room... it is NOT Warco sugo! That's so disappointing. It means Warco sugo is coming later, maybe for New Year, maybe start of January but there's no chance that it will be as good a sugo as this one. There won't be any double legend rate for sure, there won't be a guaranteed restricted pool of legends. It's probably going to be a normal sugo. Now I can see why Bandai didn't release Warco yet, it's so close to V2G4, they want to space out those super hype legends to milk their players. But it's their own fault for delaying V2G4 for so long and then not releasing him on Xmas.

I'll probably do 2 or 3 multis on part 1 and wait to see what Warco sugo looks like. If it's nothing special, anni is the planni.

Now the Japanese New Year sugo sure is something else! So hyped for V3 G4 Snakeman and V2 Katakuri (most probably not 6+), they look great, they should be way OP, they come with a nice blitz battle type of event. This is a proper launch sugo. Hopefully it's all gold with a nice pool of boosted legends (Carrot, Warco, Capone etc). I'll definitely pull regardless. Will probably go pretty hard on this, got 700 gems saved and anni is months away on Japan. Didn't expect them to be released so early, it probably means we-know-who for 5th anni.

Got a feeling Snakeman/Kata V2 will be delayed until December on Global, similar to V2 G4. There's a window for them to be released in August during French anni though. It all depends on how they schedule Warco, Big Mom/Brook and Carrot, the 3 super hype sugos before them. Possibly Warco in january, Big Mom/Brook for 4th anni, Carrot for French anni.

Manga spoilers: Next Japan TM seems to be the drunken dragon Kaido himself. His legend is probably a ways off it's going to be his dragon form, and it's going to be awesome but I'm glad he's getting some representation right now. No idea how he'll play though.

Wow just saw that, that's surprisingly early once again! Might be like TM Big Mom, which came much earlier than Legend Big Mom. Can't wait to see drunken Kaido, he must have some very big drawback.

Oh, now there's a good idea. We're still missing Legend Chopper, maybe if you assign all versions of chopper story mode you can give him some extra something?
... I'm bad at designing units.

The dream is dead, poor Chopper T.T

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I AM 100000% IN ON A 210 GEM LUCY SUGO (+ a random legend)!

Save for Luffy/Ace, this has been my most wanted legend for some time. I have him on JPN and he's great, so I don't even care if he gets "powercrept" in the future, I want him, I'm getting him. Plus, I'm lacking some real hard hitters. Nami and RayV2 are my recent legends, and those are both Dex. And I've got over 500 gems so I'll save the rest for TM and maybe 4th anniv

Legend pull was another FujiV2. Ah well, the other tickets were amazing for me so I won't complain. I'll save it for maybe a 6+?

And Kaido... that's interesting. Can't wait to get all these units on Global.

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
My TM reward was Blucci evolved, I'm actually pretty fine with that since I had to super evolve mine for TM. All in all fantastic pulls this TM for me.

On JP, TM Nami just ended, reached 4M and stayed firmly in the top 20k which will give me another red ticket. My 3M ticket was dupe Luffy/Ace, will keep it unevolved for rankings. Got another red from a yellow ticket too, which was dupe V1 Law.

Lucy for 210 gems definitely is an amazing deal, possibly the best deal in sugo history. Better than 270 gems for Kung Fu Luffy or 450 gems for V1 G4 Luffy.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Praying it's 6+ Katakuri instead of V2. Mochi boi sorely needs an upgrade to keep pace with Legends that dropped around his release even if it's only requiring one class to give his full boost instead of two classes. He's probably the weakest and most obtuse Legend of that period from V2G4 onwards excluding movie Legends and arguably weaker than V2 Shanks and Akainu.

My red from TM was a dupe V1 Fuji, expected. Neo Boa's tedious, just like the original Raid Boa. V2G4 can KO her but it's not any faster than a 6+ Law team. Haven't tried Cerebral or Slasher yet since they both seem tedious but hey, I at least did a thirty gem multi and got Tashigi(and my fifth Kizaru...)

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would love to have Lucy, I already have Luffy/Ace although 210 gems sounds really nice....

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wow this 9.0 update has added some nice QoL changes! There's a drop-down menu now in the top right corner of the extra island screen, allows you to filter/search using categories like fortnights, raids, coliseums, special dungeons (challenge/sugo/1 gem stuff). Makes it faster to navigate, especially since there are so many islands nowadays.

There are quite a few units with the support feature unlocked already, looks like a pretty healthy mix of old and recent units, legends, RRs and F2P too. 4 legends in my box have the support icon : Nami, V2 G4, V2 Sanji and V2 Shanks. A lot of raid units already have it aswell : Sanji, Arlong, Mihawk, Sabo, Cracker, Barto, Boa. RR-wise, it seems like they tried to work with batches or themes? V2G4 batch, Boa sisters, Big Mom batch, Fisherman batch.

Reading on reddit the support abilities are pretty varied (adding raw stats, adding an extra effect to the special, removing some debuffs like bind, etc) and more importantly a certain support unit doesn't work with everyone, only with a limited group of units. It seems based on theme/lore, reading V2 Sanji can help Luffy etc. I really like that idea, I guess it's kind of a rework of the tandem thing. Can make a powerful full Minks team maybe!

Sounds pretty complex overall though, will be a pain to figure everything out. Will need the database more than ever to keep track of all this. At first support abilities probably won't be too important but as they get added, Bandai will probably roll out quite harder content forcing us to use them.

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this 9.0 update has added some nice QoL changes! There's a drop-down menu now in the top right corner of the extra island screen, allows you to filter/search using categories like fortnights, raids, coliseums, special dungeons (challenge/sugo/1 gem stuff). Makes it faster to navigate, especially since there are so many islands nowadays.

There are quite a few units with the support feature unlocked already, looks like a pretty healthy mix of old and recent units, legends, RRs and F2P too. 4 legends in my box have the support icon : Nami, V2 G4, V2 Sanji and V2 Shanks. A lot of raid units already have it aswell : Sanji, Arlong, Mihawk, Sabo, Cracker, Barto, Boa. RR-wise, it seems like they tried to work with batches or themes? V2G4 batch, Boa sisters, Big Mom batch, Fisherman batch.

Reading on reddit the support abilities are pretty varied (adding raw stats, adding an extra effect to the special, removing some debuffs like bind, etc) and more importantly a certain support unit doesn't work with anyone, only to a limited group of units. It seems based on theme/lore, reading V2 Sanji can help Luffy etc. I really like that idea, I guess it's kind of a rework of the tandem thing. Can make a powerful full Minks team maybe!

Sounds pretty complex overall though, will be a pain to figure everything out. Will need the database more than ever to keep track of all this. At first support abilities probably won't be too important but as they get added, Bandai will probably roll out quite harder content forcing us to use them.

I'm looking forward to them adding more out there/utility abilities that add QOL features. Like 'Increases beli/ex earned by 1.1x at the end of the stage', 'Decrease/Increase the rate of posters/chests/CC', 'Decrease the CD of the unit this character is attached to by X', etc.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Grats! Got 10 gems too, pretty sweet!

I'm looking forward to them adding more out there/utility abilities that add QOL features. Like 'Increases beli/ex earned by 1.1x at the end of the stage', 'Decrease/Increase the rate of posters/chests/CC', 'Decrease the CD of the unit this character is attached to by X', etc.

I really like the increased drop rate or exp idea! Might be a bridge too far for Bandai though. To be honest I'm dreaming of a silence reducer or shield ignoring support for V2 Doffy. That would be way too broken probably though. Some stuff might be too good already like V2G4 adding atk to V2 Akainu. We will see how they handle the power deep.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Finished cerebral with no problem

Moving on to free spirit and got a janky team that works well

6+Law x 2, KF Luffy, Invasion Garp, V2 Rayleigh and Clash Sabo

Sabo's just there because I don't feel like resetting if garp gets locked

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Time to start hoarding RR dupes again for the inevitable release of support on global.

not gonna even mention my lottery reward, exactly what I expected.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TM Enel announced. *Warco intensifies*

The preliminary list of trusty characters is once again worrying. They'll probably only add a handful of older legends/RRs. There seems to be a shift encouraging us to pull on the most recent sugos. Ironically, Japan have started to to be more generous, adding a lot of older F2P units (TM, raids, colo). At least New Year Sanji and Reiju still count as boosters.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Supports sound cool and all but I need that extra island filtering like yesterday

also I simplified my FS Boa team by throwing more legends at it. 6+ Psy Law, Legend Garp, Legend Sabo, KF Luffy and TM Ace. Only five legends!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of time means i cant really farm Neo Boa right now.
But since my goal as of the last TM, is only to get 1M points for the TM unit i should be fine without her.

Holiday Banner looks great for people that still ne Lucy - everyone else should still be good with two multis at 30 gem.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a decent Cerb team for Inu or Croc leads? I'm almost done with my slasher runs

Edit: or RayV2. Still not comfortable using him but I think I've got the cerb subs for this event

Last edited:

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
A little late, but my TM ticket was Fuji v1 and I got 100k beli as my lottery reward. In other words, a normal day of treasure cruise.

Think I'm skipping the Christmas sugo. Getting Luffy/Ace certainly lowered my desire for Lucy. Plus those boosted legends are real bad.

Anyone have a decent Cerb team for Inu or Croc leads? I'm almost done with my slasher runs

Edit: or RayV2. Still not comfortable using him but I think I've got the cerb subs for this event

I'm using this team:

Inu/Inu
Valentine Koala/Wanda
Sicilian/TS Nami

Koala is for stage 3. Use Wanda stage 4 before clearing. Either Sicilian or TS Nami needs LB to reduce paralysis.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
A little late, but my TM ticket was Fuji v1 and I got 100k beli as my lottery reward. In other words, a normal day of treasure cruise.

Think I'm skipping the Christmas sugo. Getting Luffy/Ace certainly lowered my desire for Lucy. Plus those boosted legends are real bad.

I'm using this team:

Inu/Inu
Valentine Koala/Wanda
Sicilian/TS Nami

Koala is for stage 3. Use Wanda stage 4 before clearing. Either Sicilian or TS Nami needs LB to reduce paralysis.

Thanks!

What's a good slasher team? That'll be all I have left after a couple runs

I'm using Friend Mihawk, Legend Zoro lead with coffin boat. Subs are Dex Rebecca, Qck Diamanté, Psy Oars Jr, and TM Mihawk. Pretty RR heavy.
Use Diamanté and Oars on stage 3, then rebecca/zoro/mihawk on 5. You need at least 21k HP AFTER her first hit in stage 5 to survive the death hit, which is very doable with this team (I often go in with full health)