• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Unless they change it later, it looks like the boosters for TM Enel are finally starting to reduce the amount of TM RRs boosted - only the higher rarity unit is boosted until the Beckman/Apoo duo, at which point it's everyone. It's understandable since the list would have gotten unwieldy eventually, though I mourn TM Monet, she came in handy a few times. I hope the rarer boosters stick around indefinitely though, I've gotten an absurd amount of usage out of TM Beckman.

It took me about a day to realize that they probably made Lucy the guaranteed pull for X-Mas because he has a white beard. :P Also I think we had a limited characters sugo early January 2018, so I guess they combined that into X-Mas since we'll be getting Warco around that time 2019. Those are always tempting since they have a high chance of actual new stuff, but most of them aren't useful (especially the early ones).

Support looks cool so far, seems like the database only has a few up right now. A lot of them are just stat boosters, but a few are interesting: Raid Pica and RR Lafitte basically do mini versions of their specials. There's a few other cool ones in there, like Bellmere and Genzo being able to boost Nami, giving them some vague usability (Bellmere gives a reasonable RCV boost to Nami, not sure if there's any Namis that could do something with that). Support being character limited is interesting though, sometimes you'll just end up with a mild stat boost because it'll be all you can find for that character.

Just Colo Shiryu farming today, plus some Neo Boa. Gonna have to focus a bit on that over the weekend. Also I should probably go beat Colo Orlumbus for the first time.

Deleted member 19954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got abit of time to post!
Got the 10 gems lucky draw!
Cant always have good luck, 3 Legends from TM pull.
4th and 5th marco, 5th barto.

And this Sugo unit suxxxxxx.
The RR are not useful at all.
Those legend rate up, Boa KFL Ace??? WTF???

Missing only Kuzan and Lucy, need to be extremely lucky to get Kuzan and guarantee Lucy.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I've figured out a roundabout Katakuri team to beat Cerebral Neo Boa using my box.

Robin / Kata
Psy Kuma / TS Nami
RR Pudding / colo Pedro

Either pray for Kuma to wipe Boa on turn 1, or else spend 2 turns taking her down with Pedro and Robin specials. On revive, pop Pudding and Nami. If Pudding has been struck with a block orb, tank a hit, then Katakuri special and clear. Elsewise, clear on revive.

There has to be a straightforward team out there, but dammit I'll make my way work!

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Man this Christmas sugo seems like it should just be considered outright buying Lucy for 210 gems, the boosted units are a garbage fire

I think even at 2x legend I'm not going to bother with the discount pulls

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Minor pet peeve, but does anyone else hate having to go back to the world map in order to check chopper man missions? Missed out on so many free tomes because of this.

Also found out after years of playing this game that I can sort my box by characters. :O What a game changer. Really useful for socketing.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TM Nami reward was dupe Buggy. Wish I could pull him on Global, kinda sucks to still rely on Haruta after all this time.

Man this Christmas sugo seems like it should just be considered outright buying Lucy for 210 gems, the boosted units are a garbage fire

I think even at 2x legend I'm not going to bother with the discount pulls

That RR pool is something else... And you know they'll drop like candies too, so many of them. I actually regret not having pulled on V2G4 sugo now... Though I might still go for 2-3 multis and hope for V2 Sanji, V2 Aokiji and off-banner pulls...

Minor pet peeve, but does anyone else hate having to go back to the world map in order to check chopper man missions? Missed out on so many free tomes because of this.

It really is annoying, Chopperman should show up on extra islands, especially since that's where most missions take place. My number one QoL change would be being able to feed more than 5 units at once though. It's such a turn off, how much of a chore it is to feed turtles or tomes or dupes. They should streamline the interface really, their playerbase would be happier and would spend more.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the cost of the gem sales will be? I'm at around 110 gems now and can probably grind out another 20-25 or so before Christmas. I really want to go for the guaranteed Lucy, since my best Legend right now is probably time-skip Luffy (at least healer-wise), so Lucy would open up a lot of content for me. If I knew how much it was going to cost me, I'd know whether it'll be possible or not. CDN prices for currency is never cheap, unfortunately. :(

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the cost of the gem sales will be? I'm at around 110 gems now and can probably grind out another 20-25 or so before Christmas. I really want to go for the guaranteed Lucy, since my best Legend right now is probably time-skip Luffy (at least healer-wise), so Lucy would open up a lot of content for me. If I knew how much it was going to cost me, I'd know whether it'll be possible or not. CDN prices for currency is never cheap, unfortunately. :(
I think they're all the same prices as normal but with bonus gems

Optc does crappy sales

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're all the same prices as normal but with bonus gems

Optc does crappy sales
Well that's disappointing. :(

Thanks, I'll check out the current prices next time I log in!

Edit: So yeah, it's looking like $75 for the 85 gem bundle. ...I might have to pass, unless I get a gift card or something for Christmas. If the RR pool was stronger I'd probably do it, but for just Lucy...

I can get it down to around $65, if I purchase the challenger bundles. I also get 90 gems instead of 85, and a few RR pulls. Still not sure, I might just save up for the anniversary instead. If currency in Canada wasn't so damned expensive. :/

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Well now, that's interesting. Japan's New Year event is super stacked and it also comes with 6+ Inu/Neko starting on the 1st and a new Extra Island invasion in the form of Invasion Big Mom, in her younger years. Extra challenge mode is also being made available for Raid Sabo, Fuji, Kuma and Barto for the whole of January, which is...interesting. They have half stamina for two weeks straight, quadruple exp. on story islands, a max special/3x exp/berri boosting Sunny, and TM Kaido was confirmed

Bandai...you know what'd be a genius idea to pair with the release of 6+ Neko/Inu. Giving Jack a Legend. Even if he is a jobber. My minks didn't lose limbs for nothing dammit :(

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yup pretty great set of New Year events on JP. Just a shame there hasn't been a 3x skill up for months.....
I'm excited about the new 6+, glad they are giving away the materials for free for one of them, I'll just go with Inu since I don't own Lasagna Cat.
Charlotte Linlin invasion coming to new FN first is an interesting idea, will make her easier to encounter, will try max her out if I can beat her since she'll only appear with raids after this event. New difficulty for older raids is probably another step to take advantage of the powercreep introduced with support abilities.

Also max special ship for the duration of the Luffy vs Kata event is amazing and pretty smart, probably means the new sugo units will be crucial and boosted to the max. TM Kaido is coming quite early, TM Enel should arrive a few days later if they still need to release Warco and Shiki.

Glad there's not much to do on Global atm. Just working on Slasher Boa, only a few runs left to do.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Neko+! And Inu too I guess. I have both but Neko has been my main lead since i first pulled him AGES ago. My first rainbow legend, I hope he has an amazing 6+. No idea what they'll do with him though...

Overall, happy with the new years stuff, can't wait for it to hit global. In terms of global, finishing the last of my Cerb runs today and then NeoBoa's all done. I'll try to finish skilling up the Pizza FN runs and hopefully get some Tashigi invasions, that's been completely neglected because of the Neo Raid. But as we know, gems > anything else

Also tonight's Lucy night! I'm happy to finally get him, hopefully I can pick up something else useful along the way!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Lucy sugo!!! 210 gems well spent. Here are the highlights:

- Multi1: Chobro, Ace dupe
- Multi2: Baccarat, ShanksV1 dupe
- Multi3: RayV1 (new!), LucciV2+ dupe
- Multi4: nothing
- Multi5: Magellan (new) And of course Lucy

So six legends (three being new) plus a few good RRs and a lot of padding RRs (filled up the Pokédex with kid versions and limited of almost all of them - Bonney, Hancock, Sabo, etc). Still to get Mag and Lucy, it's 100% worth it for me

Edit: And just like that finally beat chaos Kid coliseum. Magellan teams rule! I might be happier about him than Lucy (well, tied)

Used saved skill books and all theee are maxed. Had a saved green skull for Mag and used RP from the Shanks and Lucci to get a purple one. Saving the Ace since it's my first dupe and I might keep his normal evo since his + does a few different things

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to just do 3 multi's instead of 5 and got...

Legend Garp, Dogstorm, Akainu v1, Jinbe, and G4 v2!! Also got a lot of the rate boosted units.

Overall, 110 gems well spent I think.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to just do 3 multi's instead of 5 and got...

Legend Garp, Dogstorm, Akainu v1, Jinbe, and G4 v2!! Also got a lot of the rate boosted units.

Overall, 110 gems well spent I think.

Yeah I decided to do 3 multi's and did really well. Got that fake gold/legend animation with Kung Fu Luffy then got: V2 Rayleigh, Neko, V2 Sanji, and Magellan. Only Magellan was a dupe.

Overall very pleased.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Grats to everybody pulling new Legends, I'm glad to see good luck during the holidays. I decided to throw two multis at the Sugo just out of curiosity; got Swimsuit Vivi and Kid Hina which were 2 of the 3 units I was missing from the limited RR units. IIRC the last one I'm missing is Kid Smoker, not that I'm exactly determined to get him. Vivi was pretty much the only unit I was interested in for potential niche utility so huzzah, a quick and successful Sugo. Also rainbowed RR Bellamy so I'm happy.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
First three multi-pulls gave me a handful of Legends:

- Hancock V2 (dupe)
- Judge (new)
- Robin (new)
- Sukazuki (new)
- Kung Fu Luffy (dupe)
- Rayleigh V2 (new)

I still need to decide whether to purchase the gem pack so I can do the two remaining multi's for Lucy...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Havent played much lately because lack of time - so not even started Neo Boa yet.
Did one multi....no Legend but i got Carrot, one of my most wanted....now i have her and Chopper Bro - so im quite happy.

- Hancock V2 (dupe)
- Judge (new)
- Robin (new)
- Sukazuki (new)
- Kung Fu Luffy (dupe)
- Rayleigh V2 (new)

I still need to decide whether to purchase the gem pack so I can do the two remaining multi's for Lucy...
Grats - thats quite the crazy haul for only 3 multis.
Makes me wonder if i should do one more multi....

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Congrats to everyone who pulled good stuff, seems like it's been a great sugo for most! Did 3 multis, got 4 legends but 3 of them were dupe (Neko, SW Ace and Magellan), didn't get a single recent RR (best one was dupe Amande). My only new legend was V1 Rayleigh. Totally regret spending 110 gems but I can't complain too much with the great luck I've had with tickets last couple months. For sure the double legend rate was real though.

Our young Garp/Sengoku dual unit is finally coming, pretty strange timing but it's a nice thing to drop before New Year. It's actually a raid unit instead of a free giveaway which bodes much better for their usefulness. They might actually be pretty good!

Just farming colo Shiryu today, I never really did but he's actually a very important unit, was MVP for TM Nami in Japan just a few days ago (his LB reduces silence by 1 turn for the whole crew). Half stamina and double skill up, hopefully I can max him out, only need a few more levels.

Neko+! And Inu too I guess. I have both but Neko has been my main lead since i first pulled him AGES ago. My first rainbow legend, I hope he has an amazing 6+. No idea what they'll do with him though...

Neko is a pretty interesting case, he's arguably the best legend to get a 6+. I don't think anybody expected him to get a 6+ so "soon" since he's kinda viable still. The other strong legends who got a 6+ like TS Luffy or Blucci got a sidegrade (or downgrade some might argue for TSL). I'm a bit worried he'll get a sidegrade aswell.

Neko captain ability is still pretty strong, a 3.75 atk modifier is nothing to sneeze at. His special is obviously what needs to be fixed, just making some orbs matching isn't nearly enough nowadays. He should get some utility or get rid of TND/RCV/Block orbs too (but then again other striker units do that for him). Any significant boost would potentially make him OP. The striker revival sure is happening though.

Deleted member 19954

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

- Hancock V2 (dupe)
- Judge (new)
- Robin (new)
- Sukazuki (new)
- Kung Fu Luffy (dupe)
- Rayleigh V2 (new)

wow nice legend there Chrono. gratz
it's christmas and it sux not to pull.
did 2 multi.
1st V1 Boa + Sengoku
2nd Sengoku + Dupe Buggy.

shouldnt have pulled T_T

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Only took about six runs to get a Doflamingo skull

Now I have this sweet incredibly mediocre 5+

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Grats - thats quite the crazy haul for only 3 multis.
Makes me wonder if i should do one more multi....
Thanks!

Yeah, it surprised me too. A couple of them were surprise Legends (gold poster turned to red), and this was technically from two multi-pulls, since the first gave me nothing but gold. It's the first time a Legend rate-up actually felt like a rate-up to me. I don't know what it is, but I'm usually lucky with Bandai Namco games at Christmas.

Congrats to you on your Carrot, nice to see you got that RR you were after!

wow nice legend there Chrono. gratz
it's christmas and it sux not to pull.
did 2 multi.
1st V1 Boa + Sengoku
2nd Sengoku + Dupe Buggy.

shouldnt have pulled T_T
I'm worry I encouraged you to pull, but hey...Ray Points!? Also, Sengoku must REALLY like you, coming to you two times.

Oct 27, 2017
Went all in with 5 multis because, honestly, if I don't get Lucy here I probably won't get him in the future.

New legends:
Lucy
V1 Boa
Luffy & Ace
Kung Fu Luffy (x2)
V1 Akainu

Dupe legends:
Shirahoshi
Sabo

Misc. new units:
Dice, Lafitte, Limited Rayleigh, Kid Smoker, Cherry Blossom Koala, Cherry Blossom Sugar, Pudding, Wedding Perona, Wedding Hancock, Kalifa, Gentleman Sabo, Carrot, 3D2Y Usopp

Pretty satisfied overall. Still have like 250 gems for anni, too.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
1 30 gem multi, Summer Perona. I can use V2 Doffy now lmao. Actually got everything I was hoping for from this Christmas in <100 gems. A complete novelty for me but I'll take it

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
What are considered the best LRRs? I have on JP Usopp, Pedro, Moria, Akainu, Aokiji, Leo and Urouge

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Blitzed through the last Dressrosa story mode. Forgot about that Señor Pink stage...luckily 3D2Y Franky (appropriately) is all you need to win. With the boosts he gives afterwards I did 11m with just one Magellan's attack. :P

After about six runs of the last stage, I got one copy of STR Doffy and three skulls. 5+ Doffy is pretty mediocre (as mentioned) but EOT damage stuff is always nice for resilience, the problem is we won't get his books for ages (and TM Enel kind of makes most of those things obsolete anyway).

New Year's sugo is interesting, new Zoro and Sanji units plus most of the other seasonal units that weren't boosted for X-Mas. Probably still gonna skip in favor of TM Enel/Shiki sugo, but it's tempting. I do kind of like the design for these Zoro and Sanji units, which are a lot like the World Clash units in that they require you to bring an unboosted unit for full boosts.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm coming back from a long hiatus (basically just logged in for daily rewards for a long time) and I have a ton of RR to sell off since my box is full, is it worth keeping them for LB;ing (haven't even limit broken anyone yet) or should I just sell them for Ray Points? Obviously I'll keep the highest evolved copy of every RR, but beyond that is it worth keeping extras of any of them? I'll keep Legend duplicates for now (though I might start selling if I go beyond two copies of those with a second evolution, so I can keep one at 6 and the other at 6+), but I'm not sure what to do about the RR. Also, probably a stupid question, but are there any RR that function better at lower rarities that I should keep a second copy of?

My box and I thank you for your time.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Since I'm coming back from a long hiatus (basically just logged in for daily rewards for a long time) and I have a ton of RR to sell off since my box is full, is it worth keeping them for LB;ing (haven't even limit broken anyone yet) or should I just sell them for Ray Points? Obviously I'll keep the highest evolved copy of every RR, but beyond that is it worth keeping extras of any of them? I'll keep Legend duplicates for now (though I might start selling if I go beyond two copies of those with a second evolution, so I can keep one at 6 and the other at 6+), but I'm not sure what to do about the RR. Also, probably a stupid question, but are there any RR that function better at lower rarities that I should keep a second copy of?

My box and I thank you for your time.

Most 6+ legends are straight upgrades when you super evolve them so you don't need to keep duplicates for those. Only ones worth keeping dupes of include Boa v1, Law v2, God Usopp, TS Luffy, Judge, and Lucci v2. It is also worth keeping certain unevolved 5* legends for ranking missions or 0 stamina missions because you can't use any characters that cost 50 or more. I'd advise only doing this for newer legends, preferably post-Lucy. It might also be worth keeping dupe legends that have not received a 6+ form yet in Japan, otherwise you can sell the rest. Oh one other thing, if you have legend Enel, it's worth keeping dupes of 6* Marco and Shirahoshi and giving them RCV sockets.

Unless you have certain need for ray points, like ships or socket tomes or CC or skulls, I would keep RRs for LB, at least for useful units only. Personally, I've been LBing every character I can because I don't have much need for ray points anymore but it's up to you. If you really need the box space and have no way to LB since you've been missing out on farming treasure maps, then I would start by selling all the dupe RRs that will never see use.

Off the top of my head, the only RRs besides legends worth keeping dupes of are the germa kids. Anything else is preference, like maybe you want different socket combinations for different team comps, though I've been less inclined to keep dupes for this purpose these days. I usually have more than enough sockets in my teams to max out everything I need.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Most 6+ legends are straight upgrades when you super evolve them so you don't need to keep duplicates for those. Only ones worth keeping dupes of include Boa v1, Law v2, God Usopp, TS Luffy, Judge, and Lucci v2. It is also worth keeping certain unevolved 5* legends for ranking missions or 0 stamina missions because you can't use any characters that cost 50 or more. I'd advise only doing this for newer legends, preferably post-Lucy. It might also be worth keeping dupe legends that have not received a 6+ form yet in Japan, otherwise you can sell the rest. Oh one other thing, if you have legend Enel, it's worth keeping dupes of 6* Marco and Shirahoshi and giving them RCV sockets.

Unless you have certain need for ray points, like ships or socket tomes or CC or skulls, I would keep RRs for LB, at least for useful units only. Personally, I've been LBing every character I can because I don't have much need for ray points anymore but it's up to you. If you really need the box space and have no way to LB since you've been missing out on farming treasure maps, then I would start by selling all the dupe RRs that will never see use.

Off the top of my head, the only RRs besides legends worth keeping dupes of are the germa kids. Anything else is preference, like maybe you want different socket combinations for different team comps, though I've been less inclined to keep dupes for this purpose these days. I usually have more than enough sockets in my teams to max out everything I need.
Thank you so much for the write-up, it's appreciated. Lots of helpful information in there!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Blitzed through the last Dressrosa story mode.

Thanks for this, completely forgot it was released. about 15 gems all told. Germa+ squad wrecked every stage. Might farm that last one to try and get Doffy and his skull to drop

Did some math since it was a slow day. I've currently got 44 legends (counting duplicate sidegrades like Usopp and Usopp+ as two separate ones). Missing 17 currently released global ones, and only 2 sidegrades (Barto and Judge). That's pretty great, even if most of the ones I'm missing came out this year

New raid tonight, hopefully it'll be easy teambuilding since I love dual units!

EDIT: Ayyyyyyy double drop for the win! Second run got me Doffy and the skull!

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
A lot of exciting new units for both Global and Japan!

Really like what they did with Young Goku/Garp, pretty strong for a F2P unit, their dual form actually lasts 3 turns like legends and not just 1 turn. The 1.2 atk boost on character switch is pretty amazing aswell. Hopefully the raid is easy to farm, really would like to max them out during triple skill-up!

We also got an unexpected new year sugo with Medieval Zoro and Sanji! Knight Sanji special is super good for V2G4 and also Katakuri. Definitely won't pull though, the sugo isn't great. Shame they are limited units.

And the new Katakuri, Luffy, Inu 6+ and Neko 6+ have been datamined! :

- Wow new Luffy is actually a 6+ for V2G4! Pretty unexpected, requires 1 red and 1 blue skull to super evolve. He's a slight improvement over V2G4 overall, but he's dropped the captain action completely, which is pretty disappointing. He's also STR now, did we really need another OP STR legend when we have Big Mom?

- New Katakuri is NOT a 6+! (I'd have preferred the opposite really, 6+ Kata and new Luffy). His CA doesn't boost Cerebral (!!!!!) nor Striker anymore, instead they are replaced by Driven and Slaher. At first sight that's not a good thing,unless we're getting a lot of great slasher and driven subs in the next few months. His special is now some kind of super boosted Enel special, he needs to take tons of damage before dishing it back. Not sure he's as broken as fans hoped for.

- Neko 6+... Oh boy.... He got some utility on his special as expected, removes 3 turns of ATK down and bind now. And that's it... Hardly any change, guess he was "too good" to get buffed.

- Inu 6+ got nicely buffed on the other hand but he really needed it.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Snakeman is just G4V2+? That stinks, I'll never pull him! Kinda wished it had been a LL++ or something.

Neko.... eh. I mean he didnt NEED a 6+ that much. Captain abilitiy is... the same? Nice to have his special changed up a bit. Inu as well. I've got both but Neko's my man

KatakuriV2 is interesting. Moving to a new stage hels back 50% damage taken. He's going to be a beast on zombie teams, and I'm sure double captains get full health back which is just... insane.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
People are justifiably distracted by Katakuri's special and missing that he has like a 4.6x captain boost against the right color enemies

Snakeman is honestly really disappointing

Inu and Neko seem like good upgraded, interested in how big Neko's matching orb boost is. Maybe you won't be forced to use the bike anymore.

edit: Just quickly throwing garbage together, pretending Coby is Katakuri 2 you can use something like this and get EIGHTEEN MILLION damage that BYPASSES BARRIERS

JHc1Nt5.png

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, Katakuri heals back to full at the end of each stage in a level. 50% heal + 50% heal = full health. Plus he has 4.6x base damage on enemies that are type weak. And his nuke plus added damage. Oh my fucking god o.o Powerhouse just got V2 Katakuri and V2G4 6+. Say hello to the new best class in the game(again). Cerebral just got it's new best lead almost equivalent to V2 Lucci in damage but with a way more broken class to support it. Strikers stay flopping about without utility but Neko ain't bad at all, next time we get a broken Striker Legend he's back to nyan styling on people immediately. Fighters are tied with Cerebral as the best class in the game seeing as both of their 2 leads plus V2 Sanji exist. Losing Cerebral support for Fighter teams will really suck though.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I like Neko's buff. More bind reducers are always welcome and looking at the database, there aren't many strikers with atk down reducing specials. There's Baccarat who doesn't synergize well with Neko, LRR Ganfor, Story Judge, and TM Nami... the added utility is nice.

Thank you so much for the write-up, it's appreciated. Lots of helpful information in there!

Np. If you play this game regularly more, you're never at a loss of ray points due to all the guaranteed red tickets you get plus any dupe legends from pulling in sugofests. So best use of RRs is for LB imo. You can get a potential skill up and a free socket out of it too! Also the rainbow border is nice.

And like EMT said there are some units that gain really useful sailor abilities or potential abilities through LB. Elizabello is a really good example of one.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
This got translated late but it slipped past people's radars with all the new units revealed. The next Sugo on JP guarantees you Snakeman on the 9th multi for Part 1. I wonder if Global will do what they did before for guaranteed G4 lol(they will)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How are dupes needed for Limit Breaks, as I'm looking at the abilities for several characters now and (from what I can see) only those crystals are needed. I see nothing about duplicates, but then I'm completely new to this so I'm probably over-looking something. >_<

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
This got translated late but it slipped past people's radars with all the new units revealed. The next Sugo on JP guarantees you Snakeman on the 9th multi for Part 1. I wonder if Global will do what they did before for guaranteed G4 lol(they will)

Thanks, just saw the sugo structure, it's definitely a must pull, 2.5 x legend rate (best legend rate ever on JP I think), guaranteed all gold (pretty rare on JP) and guaranteed legends from a restricted pool! Best sugo since Big Mom in August! I have 750 gems saved for this, might do 12 multis since anni is in 5 months or so. I'm just waiting for the rate-up list before I decide which part to pull on. I'm aiming for Carrot, Capone, V2 Katakuri, Warco, V2 Jinbe in that order. Don't really need Snakeman since I have a dupe V2G4, can always evolve one of them.

Global definitely won't give Snakeman on 9th multi unless they completely change their approach next year in terms of sugo structure.

Also just saw the V2 Katakuri's batch, on top of synergizing pretty well with him, it's also a full DRIVEN batch! Mont d'Or is actually a 4 turns silence remover! No need anymore for that Summer Perona! That's pretty huge for V2 Doffy, so excited about that, Driven badly needed more utility. Even the new invasion Big Mom is a driven unit!

How are dupes needed for Limit Breaks, as I'm looking at the abilities for several characters now and (from what I can see) only those crystals are needed. I see nothing about duplicates, but then I'm completely new to this so I'm probably over-looking something. >_<

What Ecko and EMT0 meant was that you need duplicates to upgrade their potential abilities (it looks like 2 extra socket slots in red when you check your character) but they only appear after you've used crystals and mastery potions to limit break your character. So basically you want to do things in this order :

1) Feed mastery potions to your character (or use them during Treasure Mode, they'll earn mastery points after each fight they take part in)
2) Unlock your limit break nodes using shards, crystals, orbs
3) Feed dupes of that character. you'll need 4 copies per potential ability since they max out at lvl 5 and you start at lvl 1. Rare Recruits have 2 potential abilities, Legends have 3 (It is recommended to use tablets on your legends though since it's pretty hard to get dupes of them). You earn the tablets from Treasure Mode aswell, they are very rare rewards and unlike dupes, they don't guarantee a rank up for your potential ability.

I hope it was clear enough, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, it's pretty confusing at first :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What Ecko and EMT0 meant was that you need duplicates to upgrade their potential abilities (it looks like 2 extra socket slots in red when you check your character) but they only appear after you've used crystals and mastery potions to limit break your character. So basically you want to do things in this order :

1) Feed mastery potions to your character (or use them during Treasure Mode, they'll earn mastery points after each fight they take part in)
3) Feed dupes of that character. you'll need 4 copies per potential ability since they max out at lvl 5 and you start at lvl 1. Rare Recruits have 2 potential abilities, Legends have 3 (It is recommended to use tablets on your legends though since it's pretty hard to get dupes of them). You earn the tablets from Treasure Mode aswell, they are very rare rewards and unlike dupes, they don't guarantee a rank up for your potential ability.

I hope it was clear enough, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, it's pretty confusing at first :)
Nice, I think I got it now. It's unfortunate how the potential abilities don't appear until after you've fully LB'd your characters with crystals, but I can always go online and look at the database information for stuff like that, if I have duplicates of anything.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, just saw the sugo structure, it's definitely a must pull, 2.5 x legend rate (best legend rate ever on JP I think), guaranteed all gold (pretty rare on JP) and guaranteed legends from a restricted pool! Best sugo since Big Mom in August! I have 750 gems saved for this, might do 12 multis since anni is in 5 months or so. I'm just waiting for the rate-up list before I decide which part to pull on. I'm aiming for Carrot, Capone, V2 Katakuri, Warco, V2 Jinbe in that order. Don't really need Snakeman since I have a dupe V2G4, can always evolve one of them.

Global definitely won't give Snakeman on 9th multi unless they completely change their approach next year in terms of sugo structure.

Also just saw the V2 Katakuri's batch, on top of synergizing pretty well with him, it's also a full DRIVEN batch! Mont d'Or is actually a 4 turns silence remover! No need anymore for that Summer Perona! That's pretty huge for V2 Doffy, so excited about that, Driven badly needed more utility. Even the new invasion Big Mom is a driven unit!

I don't think Bandai's actually that slick but...release G4V2 on Global, drop him guaranteed in JP shortly after. Offer up Summer Perona as the chase RR on the Christmas banner, reveal a better Driven silence remover a day later. They got me twice .-.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Nice, I think I got it now. It's unfortunate how the potential abilities don't appear until after you've fully LB'd your characters with crystals, but I can always go online and look at the database information for stuff like that, if I have duplicates of anything.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

You can also check in-game what the potential abilities are before fully LB-ing your character, you just need to go to character LB screen (where all the nodes are), tap on the very last node to select them all and then click on unlock, even if you don't have the mats nor the mastery points to LB your char, it will list the different effects and at the bottom you'll see the potential abilities. Basically the potential abilities are 2 nodes you unlock on your LB grid.

It's definitely a good idea to check on the database before feeding dupes. Some potential abilities aren't great. I personally don't rainbow my RRs since I always need Ray Points because I don't pull very often. I do rainbow all the free units like Coliseum, Raid and TM though, it's quite often very much worth it.

I don't think Bandai's actually that slick but...release G4V2 on Global, drop him guaranteed in JP shortly after. Offer up Summer Perona as the chase RR on the Christmas banner, reveal a better Driven silence remover a day later. They got me twice .-.

I actually was happy and jealous at the same time when you pulled Perona lol. I really wanted her aswell, considered doing a multi on part 2 but part 1 burned me too hard. Well at least you'll enjoy those units for 6 months (or probably 1 year if they delay Snakeman/V2 Kata) :p

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I actually was happy and jealous at the same time when you pulled Perona lol. I really wanted her aswell, considered doing a multi on part 2 but part 1 burned me too hard. Well at least you'll enjoy those units for 6 months (or probably 1 year if they delay Snakeman/V2 Kata) :p

She's at least getting mileage letting me speedrun FNs using Colo Kid as a sub which is nice. Can't say I regret pulling at all but Bandai...I'm on to you :eyes:

As for Garpgoku I found a V2G4 team that stomps the raid:

pZLohkI.png

1 V2G4 to deal with Stage 4, Amande to deal with the barrier, then my second V2G4 and Nami to KO on Stage 5 turn 1, plus Kuzan to extend my boosts. Sanji is there to give me full RCV orbs at the start and to unbind me on Stage 3. I also found a Lucy team being shown off by the German streamer bzcd:

DO29qW1.png

Corazon is replaceable with the Bind reducer of your choice, and I think you can replace 6+ Law with Speed Jiru, V2 Senor Pink, and if your Bind reducer is QCK, Coliseum Hajrudin but I'm not 100% sure on that. The only must have RR here is 6+ Kuzan since he extends your class and orb boost from the previous turn but I'm sure there's other teams out there that can beat them without him. The almost F2P variant would look something like this:

6ZCDZQg.png

As for teams without V2 Kuzan, I'm not sure on exactly how much HP Garpgoku have so I'm not sure if the chain lock is the dealmaker/breaker. If you can KO without Kuzan's chain lock then RR V2 Pedro can take his place and should still result in a KO. Don't try this unless you're desperate and impatient until you can verify that HP pool.

EDIT: This V2 Doffy team should probably work; you don't necessarily need a bind reducer if the halberd ensign is the last enemy to die. Basically tank hits on Stage 4 and slowly grind your way through it, burst stage 5 turn 1 with Amande + Cabbage + Zoro hitting last with Zoro, activate Perona on revive, activate both Doffy specials. The only question mark is if this team can survive Stage 4 reliably. Amande is pretty much a must have for V2 Doffy teams since he can't naturally farm STR orbs with his captain ability

ACqkbUv.png

Also, Reddit says 5.2m HP initially, 3.64m on revive.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Man, this raid really wants you to have STR Marco. :P I ended up with double Lucy, Colo Lucy, STR Marco, Neo X-Drake, and v1 Legend Doffy as a successful team. Stall stages 1 and 2, clear most/all of the units on stage 3 besides the middle guy, then KO him next (getting the block and bind).

On stage 4, use STR Marco to clear bind, clear either chain lock or ATK down depending on who you face, and set up a 90% shield (damn that's a lot of stuff from one unit) and use one Lucy, and you should be able to clear in two turns (haven't gotten Sengoku yet to make sure).

For stage 5, use Colo Lucy, Drake, then Lucy, attack with STR first and KO, then use Doffy for the revive. Reliable, but you really need your perfects on the first stage 5 burst due to the irregular attack order (considering using RR Leo instead of Drake since his ATK is better, but mine isn't socketed, so I'd have to burn some socket books).

Also, I got stage 4 Garp to drop, so you can get two copies in one run if you're lucky.

EDIT: Also also: I'm a bit surprised they didn't give us 6+ Cora yet, since he's a good alternative to STR Marco for this raid (deals with the bind, ATK Down, and some of the chain lock). We should be getting him this cycle...