• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I... am not a smart man. Fed my SenGarp copies (6/10 skillups!) before Limit Breaking.... whoops.

Found a good Lucy team. Lucy/Lucy/STR Marco/ColoLucy/LawV2/RR Leo. Use Lucy and Marco on stage 4 (if garp use lucy turn 2), then use all but law on the last stage, Law on revive. Works well, but I'm not going to farm too hard since they comes back in a week or so

EDIT: That worked well. Gemmed to do more runs, did a double stamina 60, and got them to drop twice! 4 copies for 120 stamina, not bad. Current 9/20 skillups, but they're rainbowed now

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not a lot of time the next couple days, so i used like 3-4 gems today to max Garp during 3x skillups.
Worth it. Found a good LAce team.
Since I'm coming back from a long hiatus (basically just logged in for daily rewards for a long time) and I have a ton of RR to sell off since my box is full, is it worth keeping them for LB;ing (haven't even limit broken anyone yet) or should I just sell them for Ray Points? Obviously I'll keep the highest evolved copy of every RR, but beyond that is it worth keeping extras of any of them? I'll keep Legend duplicates for now (though I might start selling if I go beyond two copies of those with a second evolution, so I can keep one at 6 and the other at 6+), but I'm not sure what to do about the RR. Also, probably a stupid question, but are there any RR that function better at lower rarities that I should keep a second copy of?

My box and I thank you for your time.
Welcome back !!
With the Legends you pulled you should be able to have a good time even if you cant spend too much time on the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Max skilled the Lucy, LAce, and KFL I recently got. I somehow don't have any Hancock or Akainu books.

I... am not a smart man. Fed my SenGarp copies (6/10 skillups!) before Limit Breaking.... whoops.

Found a good Lucy team. Lucy/Lucy/STR Marco/ColoLucy/LawV2/RR Leo. Use Lucy and Marco on stage 4 (if garp use lucy turn 2), then use all but law on the last stage, Law on revive. Works well, but I'm not going to farm too hard since they comes back in a week or so

EDIT: That worked well. Gemmed to do more runs, did a double stamina 60, and got them to drop twice! 4 copies for 120 stamina, not bad. Current 9/20 skillups, but they're rainbowed now

Hey, that team worked for me too. Thanks MiTYH! Probably not gonna farm him this time around, though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back !!
With the Legends you pulled you should be able to have a good time even if you cant spend too much time on the game.
Thanks!

Yeah, I have a nice selection of Legends now, and with the casual pulls I did while I was basically just logging in for the daily rewards, I have a good amount of RR to fill them out. I'm working on socketing my Legend Robin and Usopp now, since the New Year fortnight drops them both.

Speaking of Legend Usopp, I really want to evolve him to his 6+ so I can get the health cut on his special, as well as access to his guaranteed delay (even to those with immunity) and additional socket. Do any of you think it's worth buying a Jade Skull for 10k Ray Points? I know you can get them from ambushes, but I'm read the rates for them are really low and I'd rather spend my time filling out the sockets as I mentioned above. I'd wait, but I kind of want to use him on my planned Lucy team.

Lucy/Lucy
V1 Doflamingo
V2 Rayleigh
God Usopp
(Not sure who to use on my final slot, I have so many possibilities in my character box due to Lucy's versatility)

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

Yeah, I have a nice selection of Legends now, and with the casual pulls I did while I was basically just logging in for the daily rewards, I have a good amount of RR to fill them out. I'm working on socketing my Legend Robin and Usopp now, since the New Year fortnight drops them both.

Speaking of Legend Usopp, I really want to evolve him to his 6+ so I can get the health cut on his special, as well as access to his guaranteed delay (even to those with immunity) and additional socket. Do any of you think it's worth buying a Jade Skull for 10k Ray Points? I know you can get them from ambushes, but I'm read the rates for them are really low and I'd rather spend my time filling out the sockets as I mentioned above. I'd wait, but I kind of want to use him on my planned Lucy team.

Lucy/Lucy
V1 Doflamingo
V2 Rayleigh
God Usopp
(Not sure who to use on my final slot, I have so many possibilities in my character box due to Lucy's versatility)

Nowadays there's more emphasis on building a team around a stage since the biggest hurdles are now dealing with debuffs rather than boosting your damage. You might not run a team like that all too often, but you''ll likely be using a large roster of utility units like RR Bobbin, Shirahoshi, etc. that are Lucy-friendly. If you wanna cheese with Usopp's guaranteed delay plus further boost your damage, good candidates are Legend Katakuri, RR Cabbage, and RR Momonga in that order of bustedness.

On Garpgoku, I maxed him out in 12 runs, and my stamina overflow got me to exactly 360 stamina, so now I'm doing three more runs for those 2 extra gems. That'll mean that overall it only cost me 1 gem to get Garpgoku maxed :)

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see the red sugo ring around the tavern I really want to do some pulls. The Christmas sugo was pretty good for me so I didn't want to pull again for a while but just had to do one single.

Got TS Luffy and he's not a dupe. Super happy.

Now I really wish we had more crew slots instead of just 8. I hope there is a plan to add more soon.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Well... TM Kaido's been revealed and I'd say he's a huge disappointment all things considered. He's supposed to be beastly in the manga, there was so much anticipation around him and he's launching in a new era of powercreep. He's got a decent captain ability for Powerhouse and Driven but I think his special is mediocre :

"Cut HP of 1 enemy by 20% that will ignore damage negating abilities and barriers, get rid of all positive buffs on crew, number of RCV orbs obtained during the adventure x number of turns (max 6 turns) boost orbs by 1.5x and boost own ATK by 3.25x "

Supposedly the weak orb boost is for the entire crew and you certainly don't want it to last too many turns. You're kinda forced to use it on a mini boss but his special CD is on 13 and you're stuck hoping you'll only have eaten 1 or 2 RCV orbs so that you don't carry the orb boost into the boss room. That 20%HP cut would be great on the boss but you certainly don't want the rest of the effect. I'm sure Bandai will come up with content specifically tailored for him but I think there are too many downsides to his special to make it work in most situations. Even though she was released 1 year ago, TM Big Mom is a much superior unit imo.

I used a similar team, just used V1 Kuzan 6+ and RR DEX Cavendish instead since I don't own Law V2. First time using Lucy and I'm already a big fan, farming 60 stamina was pretty easy, just needed to hit at least 4 perfects on the burst turns. Very simple and safe. Of course STR Marco was MVP. Spent 2 gems to max Garp/Goku out but the extra rewards from Chopperman missions more than made up for it. :)

Thanks!

Lucy/Lucy
V1 Doflamingo
V2 Rayleigh
God Usopp

To reply more specifically about buying crystal skulls from the Ray Shop, I'd say go for it if you really need one now. Obviously it depends on your resources, people would prioritize ships like Van Der Decken, Rocketman etc but if you have spare Ray Points, you could do worse than 10K for a skull imo. 6+ God Usopp is a good unit.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit I bought the first 5-6 skulls I needed (sometimes they go on sale for 7k, next one is a blue skull in January I think) but as you said, farming ambushes is very time and stamina consuming. Nowadays I have plenty of skulls just sitting there from farming the ambush characters.

Every time I see the red sugo ring around the tavern I really want to do some pulls. The Christmas sugo was pretty good for me so I didn't want to pull again for a while but just had to do one single.

Now I really wish we had more crew slots instead of just 8. I hope there is a plan to add more soon.

Grats on TS Luffy! Apologies if you already know but they added extra crew slots in an update a few months ago. On the edit crew screen you can save/load your up to 30 crews using the crew log (top right corner). You still have to go through a couple screens to access those saved crews but it's better than just having 8 in total. :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nowadays there's more emphasis on building a team around a stage since the biggest hurdles are now dealing with debuffs rather than boosting your damage. You might not run a team like that all too often, but you''ll likely be using a large roster of utility units like RR Bobbin, Shirahoshi, etc. that are Lucy-friendly. If you wanna cheese with Usopp's guaranteed delay plus further boost your damage, good candidates are Legend Katakuri, RR Cabbage, and RR Momonga in that order of bustedness.

Thanks, I'll be sure to save any duplicates I get from here on out just to be safe. RIP character box space, though. :/

To reply more specifically about buying crystal skulls from the Ray Shop, I'd say go for it if you really need one now. Obviously it depends on your resources, people would prioritize ships like Van Der Decken, Rocketman etc but if you have spare Ray Points, you could do worse than 10K for a skull imo. 6+ God Usopp is a good unit.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit I bought the first 5-6 skulls I needed (sometimes they go on sale for 7k, next one is a blue skull in January I think) but as you said, farming ambushes is very time and stamina consuming. Nowadays I have plenty of skulls just sitting there from farming the ambush characters.
I might go ahead with the purchase then, since it's a great opportunity to fill his sockets out with the New Years fortnight going. I don't have a lot of Ray Points though (only sitting at around 18k), and now that I'm afraid to sell duplicates, it probably won't increase much beyond that, unless I get a lot of duplicate Legends. Even if I do get a duplicate Legend, I won't sell it unless it's my third of it, since the abilities seem to differ between the 6 and 6+ a lot so it's nice to have each of them.

Speaking of sockets, I know the go to for basically everything is Bind/Despair/AH/CD. The fifth, should I go for DR or Orbs? It seems like the meta has changed a lot since I last played, with the preference being for DR now instead of Orbs?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to do at least one pull on the new sugo but I'll probably keep waiting until the anniversary.

Congrats!

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Grats on TS Luffy! Apologies if you already know but they added extra crew slots in an update a few months ago. On the edit crew screen you can save/load your up to 30 crews using the crew log (top right corner). You still have to go through a couple screens to access those saved crews but it's better than just having 8 in total. :)

I play sporadically and had no idea this was a thing. Thank you so much!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Luck isn't with me. Farming RaidZoro since I need just ONE skill from the last time. So far 0/6

betelgeuzah

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm a new player and a bit confused about what to do. I'm sure this is the first time that's happened in this thread.

I know it's much to ask but could someone give me some guidance/walkthrough in regards to

1. Sockets
2. Limit breaks
3. Leveling up specials?

I managed to pull and max level up Kuzan but aside from that he has no socket things, limit breaks or anything. I got a special lvl up from some exp thing at the least.

I guess my most concerning issues are:
1. Do obtained sockets, lb's, specials as Kuzan carry over to Kuzan 6+?

2. I only need the azure skull to evolve him, is it worth it to sell some 5-star characters for the skull? I can get 5k training points from a Corazon right now and the rest from 300-point characters. I've heard his 6+ form is good utility though? I only use F2P though so not sure how likely it is for me to evolve him..

3. What socket skills to use? I've understood that for Kuzan as a captain you want some auto-heal and reduced cd's for stalling and such.

The game is great, just a bit too bloated for a newcomer. It's almost stressful to try to understand what the hell you should be doing.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm a new player and a bit confused about what to do. I'm sure this is the first time that's happened in this thread.

I know it's much to ask but could someone give me some guidance/walkthrough in regards to

1. Sockets
2. Limit breaks
3. Leveling up specials?

I managed to pull and max level up Kuzan but aside from that he has no socket things, limit breaks or anything. I got a special lvl up from some exp thing at the least.

2. I only need the azure skull to evolve him, is it worth it to sell some 5-star characters for the skull? I can get 5k training points from a Corazon right now and the rest from 300-point characters. I've heard his 6+ form is good utility though? I only use F2P though so not sure how likely it is for me to evolve him..

3. What socket skills to use? I've understood that for Kuzan as a captain you want some auto-heal and reduced cd's for stalling and such.

The game is great, just a bit too bloated for a newcomer. It's almost stressful to try to understand what the hell you should be doing.

Sockets are straightforward once you interact with them a bit more; your units always keep their sockets, LB, and special ups when evolved to a 6+, and this applies to every unit in the game with one notable exception; some early units had unique specials compared to their evolutions. The only time you'll ever lose skillups is if your unit changes special, otherwise you're fine. People use 5* universal skillbooks on their unevolved Legend units for this reason. Sockets always either stay the same or go up between evolutions and limit breaks are tied to the unit's evolution path.

To wrap up sockets, Bind/Despair/Autoheal/Charge Special are the ones everybody defaults to, with Damage Reduction and Orbs being the tossup on 5 socket units. I personally opt DR in 90% of cases. As to what to do if your unit has <4 sockets, it always varies. I personally put Autoheal on everything, followed by Charge Special because of this simple assumption: Your leads are always Legends, ergo 10 bind/despair sockets are accounted for. You have 4 more units to get 10 more sockets on your team, and the only meta relevant units that don't have 4+ sockets are a handful of raid units. Ergo in the name of always being able to stall and speedrun, I always favor AH and CS. As for socket exceptions, the only real exception to this rule is Legend Enel. Enel wants to maximize how much he heals so you can run RCV sockets on him as well as common subs for him such as Legend Marco, Shirahoshi, Corazon, 6+ V1 Law, etc. But it's strictly a concern if you have Enel.

Limit Breaks are a two part process of giving your max level units LB points(henceforth referred to as 'The Juice') then using LB materials and cold hard belli to unlock the actual nodes that you get access to by having fed The Juice to your units. Each node is tied to one buff. Both The Juice and LB materials are obtained via clearing Treasure Map mode. As to who to prioritize, general rule of thumb is TM units which are generally useless without max LB, followed by units who receive major buffs such as large CD reductions, 'X socket as matching for Y class/color' sailor abilities, etc. The lowest priorities IMO are Legends, because they take 5M Juice Points versus 5* units which only take 2M points and generally have pretty minor buffs bar something like Legend Nami who gets universal DEX matching, or V1 Law who gets a serious CD reduction. As for what LBs are worth more than Rayleigh Points, CD reduction and double special. CD reduction is king in this game

Special ups are probably the most important part of improving your units and make your units actually usable. 20 turns of stalling is impractical for most hard content so the sooner you get them the better. You get skillups via skillbooks or duplicates; the usual gameplay loop is farm dupes/books -> wait for a special up event(you'll see it labeled as such in the Power Up button; we currently have one going on). Never ever ever use RRs for special ups unless you're flushed in Rayleigh points and the unit's new with skillups far off into the future.

Which brings me into the next point, skulls and Rayleigh points. As far as balancing the P2P currencies goes for F2P, it goes Rainbow Gems <- First copies of units <- Rayleigh points <- LBs. I'd never sell your only copy of a RR/Legend no matter what unit they are. I'd also add that Kuzan's not exactly easy unit to use even in a developed box and he relies heavily on max special subs. I'd personally shift immediately to 6+ Corazon as soon as he drops on Global as a lead over 6+ Kuzan because stalling is going to be absolutely necessary early on as a new player.

I'd suggest that you try to diversify your Legend and RR pool as quickly as possible and would suggest the following: Hoard gems until you hit 130 gems and wait for Treasure Map Sugofests. You'll get a guaranteed TM boosted unit on the second multipull and a guaranteed Legend on the 3rd multipull. Stick to 3 multis per Sugofest to pull from a wide pool of boosted RR units while also giving you lots of chances to pull stronger Legend leads. The boosted TM unit will also help you clear Treasure Map efficiently so as to get guaranteed Red posters. 6+ Corazon is unexpectedly really good as a lead, but he's also far from a carry Legend and he's also not really accessible given that you have few to no Ralyeigh points. Assuming no dupes until your ~10th Legend, 6+ Corazon might be a ways off and you'll have to use TM units as leads. The good news on that front is that TM Enel is the next unit and he's fantastic. for clearing easier content, and TM Enel as a sub on 6+ Corazon teams is going to be great for the early game too assuming RNG gives you the absolute worst case scenario.

As for resources for more info, r/OPTC is the go-to, Youtube is good for team guides, and OPTC-DB is vital as it provides a damage calculator, a lookup table for all units in the game, and information about drops for every stage in the game including where to find a RR unit's skillbooks.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys,

1. Sockets
2. Limit breaks
3. Leveling up specials?

Since you're talking about super evolving, I assume you have the QCK Kuzan, so if you wanna max skill and socket him the components are relatively easy to get. You can get his skill books from the Smoker/Tashigi fortnight and more copies of him from his raid, and they're both on extra island permanently (albeit on a rotating schedule). I forgot which category Smoker/Tashigi is in (driven, maybe?) but I'm pretty sure the Aokiji raid is in striker.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks to a level up, finished farming Neko FN and also completed the new story island. Got Doffy skull to drop after 4 runs, not too bad really. Shame we'll need to wait 6 months to get his skillbooks...

The Luffy vs Kata event on JP has a pretty interesting format, hope Global will get something similar. They currently have some very easy practice islands that give out 5 copies of pretty useful units like Raid Cracker, Colo Oven, Colo Daifuku. Perfect to max their support ability level. There also is a sweet live (?) lottery coming up, where you pick 5 out of 9 Strawhat characters. Basically 6 free gems to collect in game and a chance at earning big prizes if you got the correct characters. I think everyone will get 5 gold pulls aswell.

Gutted by the Sugo rate-ups , of course Carrot, Bege and Warco are on 3 different parts. I'm skipping part 1 even though it has Bege, too much chance to pull a dupe and the RR pool is the worst of the 3 parts.

I'll either go 3 or 6 multis on part 2, mostly chasing Carrot but wouldn't mind V2 Kata, V1 Kata and Garp. I also really want Bobbin, Zeff for V2 Sanji and Praline.

Part 3 is by far the best day for me, 5/9 to get something new from the restricted pool, I'll do 9 multis and hope for Warco, V2 Jinbe, V2 Kata, Tesoro, Judge, Lucy and Blackbeard. I need most RRs aswell, like Chiffon, Oven, Camie, Opera. From I saw, the 2.5 legend is pretty high, almost 10% chance to get a red poster so I'm quite happy to go all out!

Thanks, I'll be sure to save any duplicates I get from here on out just to be safe. RIP character box space, though. :/

I might go ahead with the purchase then, since it's a great opportunity to fill his sockets out with the New Years fortnight going. I don't have a lot of Ray Points though (only sitting at around 18k), and now that I'm afraid to sell duplicates, it probably won't increase much beyond that, unless I get a lot of duplicate Legends. Even if I do get a duplicate Legend, I won't sell it unless it's my third of it, since the abilities seem to differ between the 6 and 6+ a lot so it's nice to have each of them.

Speaking of sockets, I know the go to for basically everything is Bind/Despair/AH/CD. The fifth, should I go for DR or Orbs? It seems like the meta has changed a lot since I last played, with the preference being for DR now instead of Orbs?

Yup, the meta favours DR sockets nowadays, with so many different ways to obtain matching orbs (orb manipulation specials, sailor abilities/LB making orbs count as matching for the whole crew or even Captain Ability like Legend Carrot's), Orbs sockets are much less necessary.Typically people go for Orb sockets mostly on the units with an Orb boosting special.

And if you only have 18k RP and would rather save your duplicates for limit breaks, you might want to wait for a sale on a green skull (price would go down to 7.5k), it might happen when the next DEX legend (should be Corazon) get their 6+. God Usopp is useful but he's not a must have, it really depends on your box. If you have Corazon (who is pretty much useless in its 6* version), you might want to hold onto that green skull to super evolve him later because 6+ Corazon is an amazing utility unit who fits many of the most powerful teams. Also not all legends duplicates are worth keeping, some 6+ are straight upgrades so you can easily sell the extra copies instead of keeping two versions. And some legends are so outdated that they are not worth limit breaking at all with duplicates, like V1 Boa.

I play sporadically and had no idea this was a thing. Thank you so much!

You're welcome! You can even rename the saved crews to make it easier to remember (like Friday INT Team or Beli Farming Team).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the meta favours DR sockets nowadays, with so many different ways to obtain matching orbs (orb manipulation specials, sailor abilities/LB making orbs count as matching for the whole crew or even Captain Ability like Legend Carrot's), Orbs sockets are much less necessary.Typically people go for Orb sockets mostly on the units with an Orb boosting special.

And if you only have 18k RP and would rather save your duplicates for limit breaks, you might want to wait for a sale on a green skull (price would go down to 7.5k), it might happen when the next DEX legend (should be Corazon) get their 6+. God Usopp is useful but he's not a must have, it really depends on your box. If you have Corazon (who is pretty much useless in its 6* version), you might want to hold onto that green skull to super evolve him later because 6+ Corazon is an amazing utility unit who fits many of the most powerful teams. Also not all legends duplicates are worth keeping, some 6+ are straight upgrades so you can easily sell the extra copies instead of keeping two versions. And some legends are so outdated that they are not worth limit breaking at all with duplicates, like V1 Boa.
Nice, thanks so much for the informative post!

I do have Corazon actually (two of him, IIRC), so I might do as you say and wait it out and evolve him instead. It sucks, since I have my God Usopp max skilled and everythinh while Corazon doesn't have a single skill-up (and no universal skill books to use :/), but if it'll be the better use of a Jade Skull, I'll hold off on Usopp. I'll have to do a write-up of my duplicate Legends and post them here, just to be sure I don't sell something I shouldn't. That seems like something I would do. >_<

Nice to know about the sockets as well. That's more-or-less what I thought, but I wanted to be absolutely sure before I started using all of these tomes I have and didn't incidentally mess things up.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Nice easy day today. If you need some LB items, run the east Luffy clash 5 times. Gets drinks and very little items but it's better than nothing, and I'm always out of drinks lately. Actually will run Carp when he comes for the same things, plus Legend Garp sockets.

And now that I've got Lucy/Magellan, I think it's finally time to take on the BB forest which I somehow never cleared.

Happy new year to everyone!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Happy New Year to everyone! May 2019 be blessed with super lucky pulls, great lottery prizes, amazing skill ups for you guys! :)

Thanks MiTYH, completely missed those Chopperman missions! Just ran 3 dungeons to get the daily gem, pretty quiet period now on Global.

I'm not complaining though, farming Raid Rayleigh on JP, it's going so fast with max special ship and V2 Doffy team. It's finally available in double stamina aswell so trying to take full advantage since I never farmed him on JP. Now that 6+ V2 G4 is a an orb booster, he's more relevant than ever, one of the few unconditionnal universal attack boosters. RR Dice would work with Snakeman too but I don't have him.

Honestly team building with Snakeman is so much harder, he might be a rainbow captain but finding a rainbow attack booster is much much harder than finding a universal orb booster. Now Nami is redundant with him too and if you want to use Zunesha ship to get easier perfects, you're suddenly stuck with a Fighter/Cerebral/Powerhouse team and good luck finding a 2x atk booster for that.

Spent 50K RP to buy the red ticket in the Ray Shop and it was a Hody dupe. Was still worth it since I only use RP on socket books and almighty manuals. And will probably refill my RP stock tonight with the sugo. Quite excited about it! One of Carrot or V2 Katakuri in 6 multis would be amazing, won't go 9 multis since I have 4/8 of the legends and I only really want 2 of them. Hope Bobbin, Dice, Zeff, Aladdin and the new batch show up too.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Did my 3 multis on japan, hoping for one of the new units or Carrot. Didn't get them (sad), but walked away with 5 legends after 3 multis. Got SanjiV1, Mihawk, LucciV1, and dupes of Buggy and Enel. Nothing stellar, but this account is just swimming in legends anyway.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Did my 3 multis on japan, hoping for one of the new units or Carrot. Didn't get them (sad), but walked away with 5 legends after 3 multis. Got SanjiV1, Mihawk, LucciV1, and dupes of Buggy and Enel. Nothing stellar, but this account is just swimming in legends anyway.

Grats on the new legends. ^^

For me, this sugo wasn't the best way to kick off the new year. It was a carnage in terms of legends : pulled 8 (6 excluding the guaranteed ones) in 6 multis, which is roughly the same ratio I experienced during 2x rates. Seven of them were dupes : V2 G4 (got the extended animation with luffy voice, I really thought it was V2 Kata...), Brook, Luffy/Ace, Nami (at least I can keep her for future rankings), Buggy, V1 Sanji and good old Log Luffy. I can't really complain about the quality of those dupes, 4 of them were rated boosted and would love them on my Global account. I super evolved my rainbow V2G4 to Snakeman, evolved the other one and now I have an unevolved copy for rankings. My only new legend was Garp, I'll take it but yeah not my most wanted one.

Got a bunch of RRs though, pretty much hit all my targets in that regard. Out of the 18 in the boosted pool, only Mont d'or (obviously the best one of the new batch..) and Gastino didn't drop. Finally getting my hands on Bobbin, Zeff and Dice! Got multiple copies of most too, pretty much amazing for LB and support levels. I wish the RR pools were as good on Global.

This Blitz Battle event seems dead in terms of participation, the community barely hit 5 million points and 2/3rd of the first day is gone. At this rate no free 10 gems for 25M. I did about 25 runs of the 40 stamina version for Chopperman missions and I'm currently sitting in the top 3k, which is enough for 2 legends, 10 gems and 2 gold manuals, pretty crazy. Usually JP events are brutal when it comes to rankings.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
New year, so I took a look at my gem log I started back in September. I've been F2P for a long time now, and here's how it looks. Again, this is only from September (19th to be specific):
- Total Gems Earned: 641
- Total Gems spent on sugos: 460
- New Legends: RayV2, Shira, Nami, Garp, Lucy, Mag, RayV1
- Best Sugo: Lucy's sugo (got 6 legends, 3 were new)
- Worst Sugo: SanjiV2 Sugo (3 multis, 2 dupe legends and no good RRs)
- Best TM pulls: Big Mom (2/3 new legends, including Nami)
- Worst TM pulls: Jack

It's interesting to see how gem friendly this game is, if you're smart in pulling. I think for now I'm going to stick with just TM sugos, one or two to get the boosted units. We'll see how the anniversary comes, I don't really feel the need to get Big Mom (have her on JPN), and Brook isn't appealing either. Might just hold out for the guaranteed Snakeman in case I never pull G4v2

Anyway, happy new year!

EDIT: Also, went back to my roots with my new Shira and FINALLY completed BB's forest. Cakewalk with her and Elizabell0. 225 cola later, I've finally got all the ships!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Happy new year Crewmember,

thats impressive MiTYH - ive been kinda down on the game lately, dont even know why.
Might go into Chrono Mode for a while and only login for a couple months until the desire is back again.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Yes Happy New Year fellow OPTC peoples.

I haven't been posting much because honestly there's not much to talk about. I don't want to be much of a downer but these Christmas and New Years events back to back just kind of both sucked. There's just nothing to do in the game besides do a couple runs of raids I dont need to do for a piddly amount of of limit break materials.

I also can't believe that a) the New Years gift was like a quarter of the amount of money you get from a run of the berri cave and b) you have to BUY it?! Why wasn't that just a daily mail thing.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't been posting much because honestly there's not much to talk about. I don't want to be much of a downer but these Christmas and New Years events back to back just kind of both sucked. There's just nothing to do in the game besides do a couple runs of raids I dont need to do for a piddly amount of of limit break materials.

I also can't believe that a) the New Years gift was like a quarter of the amount of money you get from a run of the berri cave and b) you have to BUY it?! Why wasn't that just a daily mail thing.

+1 to all of that. It was a mess, especially with a free Sparking unit in DBZLegends and the amazing LR banner on Dokkan.

My only only thought is that with Anniversary so close they didn't want to double up. But even that's lame because past years had a "buy gem pack for a bonus and a legend" thing, and they didn't even do that this year

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
New year, so I took a look at my gem log I started back in September. I've been F2P for a long time now, and here's how it looks. Again, this is only from September (19th to be specific):
- Total Gems Earned: 641
- Total Gems spent on sugos: 460
- New Legends: RayV2, Shira, Nami, Garp, Lucy, Mag, RayV1
- Best Sugo: Lucy's sugo (got 6 legends, 3 were new)
- Worst Sugo: SanjiV2 Sugo (3 multis, 2 dupe legends and no good RRs)
- Best TM pulls: Big Mom (2/3 new legends, including Nami)
- Worst TM pulls: Jack

It's interesting to see how gem friendly this game is, if you're smart in pulling. I think for now I'm going to stick with just TM sugos, one or two to get the boosted units. We'll see how the anniversary comes, I don't really feel the need to get Big Mom (have her on JPN), and Brook isn't appealing either. Might just hold out for the guaranteed Snakeman in case I never pull G4v2

Anyway, happy new year!

EDIT: Also, went back to my roots with my new Shira and FINALLY completed BB's forest. Cakewalk with her and Elizabell0. 225 cola later, I've finally got all the ships!

Gems log is actually a great idea, I'm going to start doing that too. So far I've only kept a log of my sugofest pulls. I totally agree with you, it's pretty impressive to see thenumber of gems the game gave away. Almost 3 gems daily and then add on top gems from new content and rewards. Not only that, I think they've done a good job at controlling the powercreep since Lucy's release. Even legends like Neko or Blucci are still fairly relevant. Plus, the F2P units in OPTC are super useful. It's easy to go for months without pulling. I prefer to wait 3-4 months before doing 9 multis but your method of doing 30 gems multis every TM probably nets you recent RRs more regularly.

And grats on completing BB's forest, I just did aswell, only missing Enel forest now on Global.

I feel you. I think on paper it wasn't such a bad Christmas period but it was poorly paced and it was unfortunately happening at the same time as a pretty hype period for the Japanese version. Guaranteed Lucy for 210 gems was amazing but it does nothing for people who already pulled Lucy over the last 10 months and it could have been so much more hype or better if they had released either V2G4/Nami or Warco during Christmas. I think it was their biggest mistake : holding a random big sugo at the start of December.

Global exclusive raid Garp/Goku is a big deal, it's a a pretty good character. But at the end of the day, it's just one raid that most people probably completed within a day. And now there's absolutely nothing else to farm, nothing to spend stamina on for veteran players. This 3x skill-up felt a bit like a waste. New Year sugo with two limited and global first units is probably the best new year Sugo ever on Global. It's historically a non-event, last year we got some random LRR parade. But Medieval Sanji and Zoro are hardly exciting, especially compared to V2 Kata and Snakeman.

I think the run up to Chrismas was much stronger with the road to 100M download thing but it really fizzled out and absurdedly ended with 2 million berries to buy from the Ray Shop (nice for newcomers but that's about it). The current login gifts are pretty good, absolute almighty manuals, gems but even then it feels underwhelming. That being said, with anni coming in 7 weeks, the game will progressively get busier. Especially if they have to squeeze in Warco and Big Mom within a month (terrible scheduling imo).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Happy New Year's all! To those that don't know, Bandai Namco were nice enough to give us all a gloarious gift to celebrate the occasion! Just go into the Ray Shop to see it. Pretty generous, right? Can always use more beli!

Happy new year Crewmember,

thats impressive MiTYH - ive been kinda down on the game lately, dont even know why.
Might go into Chrono Mode for a while and only login for a couple months until the desire is back again.
It's definitely not a bad idea if you're feeling a little burned out. If it's not enjoyable for you, take a break and then re-assess how you feel about the game. It's always great for perspective!

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They should add the stacking socket book update already lol, it's been eons since we've had a feature update.

Happy New year btw guys.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Who else remember farming Garp raid with Vivi and Laboon? *raises hand*

I just took in my FN standard team and demolished him in one turn

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray new ranking event

Boo new multi-day cumulative ranking event

At least the level 3 reward looks like an easy miss if you want to just go for gems

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Did 9 multis on part 3 since that's where I had the highest chances to get a new legend. Phew, what a rollercoaster of emotions :

1) Nothing at all, not a good sign...
2) Secret red turning into dupe V1 Doffy ?!
3) Yet another dupe Lace and then guaranteed legend was dupe V1 Rayleigh (not a single rate boosted legend so far)
4) Dupe Barto, continuing the trend of off-banner reds
5) Dupe Corazon
6) 11th poster is a new legend finally, Judge!
7) Secret red turning into V2 Jinbe!!!
8) Nothing
9) Dupe V1 Jinbe and then the very last poster is... V2 Katakuri!!!!! Max special to boot!

Overall 9 legends from 9 multis (6 non guaranteed, which is very low, especially for a 2.5x rate). Only 3 of them were new but they were very good ones. I'll take quality over quantity any day. It was a pretty good haul RR wise too, got Mont d'Or today so that's the whole V2 Kata batch. And also got a bunch of recent RRs that I needed like Chiffon, Opera, Oven. Only missed Galette, not a big deal.

In total I spent all my gems gathered over the last 6 months, did 15 multis and got 4 new legends : V2 Kata, V2 Jinbe, Garp and Judge. I didn't get any legend from my top 3 most wanted (Carrot, Capone and Warco) but I can't complain, V2 Kata and V2 Jinbe are amazing consolation prizes. I also got 20 new RRs, almost every batch released over the last few months. Fortunately it's 2x skill up and half stamina evolver islands right now. Spent the evening trying to max these new units.

Back to hoarding mode now until 5th anni, hopefully I'll have 600 gems by then.

Blitz battle is over and I surprisingly ended in the top 3k with 60 runs or so. Two legend pulls from that and should get an extra for being on Team Luffy!

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
200 times! Not exactly what I wanted after the dull festive period. Cannot be bothered with that grind.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
It says at the top of the announcement "each time a character deals 500k+ in a single run" so it's not actually 200 runs.
it'll only counts your best run of the day so it will still be many days of remembering to run it

I just don't think some books are worth the hassle

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
First off. Stackable tomes coming to global! Finally!!!

For Enel 6+, two points of note. First, guaranteed Enel on second multipull (so 80 gems). It's a neat deal that's tempting me but... I don't really see a use for him. Very niche and nothing besides a future TM booster, personally

Secondly I've not idea what they're doing for this TM except maybe ditching Shiki or, yikes, Wb/Marco. There's just not enough time to wait for Enel, have Enel, then a legend batch, then the Tm stuff. That's push the TM to the end of the month which is getting too close to the feb anniversary

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
First off. Stackable tomes coming to global! Finally!!!

For Enel 6+, two points of note. First, guaranteed Enel on second multipull (so 80 gems). It's a neat deal that's tempting me but... I don't really see a use for him. Very niche and nothing besides a future TM booster, personally

Secondly I've not idea what they're doing for this TM except maybe ditching Shiki or, yikes, Wb/Marco. There's just not enough time to wait for Enel, have Enel, then a legend batch, then the Tm stuff. That's push the TM to the end of the month which is getting too close to the feb anniversary

Well...on the one hand you'll likely pull Enel given enough time. On the other, Enel 6+ is an immediate top 3 Legend on Global if you have 6+ Law and at least one of Corazon/Shira/Marco. I'd put him ahead of V2 Akainu, Lucy, and V2 Doflamingo, easily. He's probably the best easy clear Legend in the game for hard content. Personally, I'd pull at 80 gems for a guaranteed 6+ Enel. That's a steal. Plus even if you don't wanna lazymode content, Enel 6+ has a strong captain modifier and matching orb rate that lets you dedicate 4 specials to the final boss in say, a Coliseum, while using Enel specials to nuke minibosses.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Well...on the one hand you'll likely pull Enel given enough time. On the other, Enel 6+ is an immediate top 3 Legend on Global if you have 6+ Law and at least one of Corazon/Shira/Marco. I'd put him ahead of V2 Akainu, Lucy, and V2 Doflamingo, easily. He's probably the best easy clear Legend in the game for hard content. Personally, I'd pull at 80 gems for a guaranteed 6+ Enel. That's a steal. Plus even if you don't wanna lazymode content, Enel 6+ has a strong captain modifier and matching orb rate that lets you dedicate 4 specials to the final boss in say, a Coliseum, while using Enel specials to nuke minibosses.
Wow. Really? I've got all those legends available subs.

Hunh. Guess I need to look into what makes Enel tick. Might be worth pulling then!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have Enel as well as Law, Corazon, Shirahoshi, AND Marco. Assuming that's QCK Law/V2 Law, that is.

I need to look more into this.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I knew it was too good to be true, haha.

Is Enel 6+ still viable without V1 Law?

Yep, perfectly so. It'll make it so that you can't clear things with barriers unless you can stall them out(which knowing Enel is also usually plausible...). For example, Colo Kuma, Global's next Coliseum absolutely melts to 6+ Enel despite having a barrier and without 6+ V1 Law.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, perfectly so. It'll make it so that you can't clear things with barriers unless you can stall them out(which knowing Enel is also usually plausible...). For example, Colo Kuma, Global's next Coliseum absolutely melts to 6+ Enel despite having a barrier and without 6+ V1 Law.
Thanks man, I'll definitely put him at the front of my list to start working on!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not a bad idea if you're feeling a little burned out. If it's not enjoyable for you, take a break and then re-assess how you feel about the game. It's always great for perspective!

Yeah, gotta do everything to prevent a burnout.
But i gotta say...6+ Enel has been one of my most wanted Legend Updates in a while, so now that he is coming to Global...i can see myself playing around with him for a while. I think i have the perfect squad for him.