• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
NeoGarp....? *it's something*

Got my 10 gems from the 200-count ranking. That's all I needed. Won't be buying the gem pack since its='s a 3/12 chance at something new and it's all the best units (katakuri, akainuv2, aokijiv2). I'll save my money, and I've got enough gems for the Anni at any rate

Just really looking forward to something to do

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
OPTC Global is all
IEhvaB7.gif

Also I'm glad to have gotten a new legend but man this event was a boring slog

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yay content? Lots of chopperman missions. Seems about 2 gems per returning Neo if you do 10 60-stamina runs and 5 40-stamina.

Also NeoGarp is here. Easy as expected. I see lots of teams, personally I'm running a Lucy/Lucy/ColoLucy/SenGarp/RaidKizaru/STRMarco. Stall 1-3, use SenGarp/Kizaru on 4 killing at least Coby (I use Lucy sometimes too), and then final stage just use all and KO. Using ColoLucy damages, changing Garp from STR to DEX making it very easy to kill

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
It's me, the guy who forgets to switch Sengoku to Garp every other run

Wish there waa a way to set who's out first by default

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
What's this? Upcoming content, in MY global?!

ColoKuma on the horizon, all but confirming Warco sugo soon. So my bet is Warco Sugo around the end jan/beginning of feb, followed immediately by TM Enel. End of February (23rd I think) is the actual Anniversary when we'll see Big Mom. Should be a big month all things considered, which is nice coming from the lackluster January.

Garp and Kinemon missions are done, working through Sabo It's gems, but nothing exciting. Should have Sabo done either tomorrow or early Saturday. But man, NeoGarp hated skillups. Only got like... 3 from 15 runs? Bleh.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, my predictions from last week are looking pretty viable (Kuma's even coming a little earlier than I expected). That's three big sugos in one month if all holds out.

Getting roughly 2/5 per Garp feedings, which is decent enough. Kind of lame that he has as many skill ups as a regular raid boss (as opposed to roughly half like most Neo content) and costs 50 instead of 30. I think he's a decent unit and a great upgrade over vanilla Garp but maybe not for that much effort.

(still running him because what else am I gonna do)

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Don't play with my heart guys... Although it's a relief to see Colo Kuma being confirmed sooner than later.

Done with Neo Garp missions, went very smoothly with double Lucy. Got 6 skillups out of 15 copies but debating maxing him out now. I'd have to spend a few gems since I've been using natural stamina for Neo Kinemon (wasted a few runs trying to remember my old team...). Garp is a good unit, can see some niche use for him but we just got Garp/Goku who is superior.

Got the rewards for New Year lottery on JP, didn't win anything because I picked Chopper and Robin. But at least got Gastino who is new from the 5 consolation pulls. Also the two red tickets from Snakeman vs Kata were both dupes, Croc and Usoland.

Colo Smoothie is rainbowed, just used V2 Doffy team with Mont d'Or in underground difficulty. Been working on the new Pirate Docking raid today, it's really easy for sure, similar to Tankman raid.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yesh, Wharco confirmed in the pool prior to Anni.

That's the planni.

Same. Though I may do one discounted multi on a day somewhere. All the boosted days are pretty good to me, day 1 and 2 being the best and minimal dupes. But I still feel like it's the bait before the anniversary. And a guaranteed Cora doesn't help me, I've got him ready for his + when it comes, not worth a second multi

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Cora 6+ ? Yes - my Enel team just got better.
Wharco ? Yes, my most wanted Legend ( not that im getting him...still cool to have him in the game finally).

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yesh, Wharco confirmed in the pool prior to Anni.

That's the planni.

Wonderful news! 4th anni is back on track to be the best sugo ever, we might be looking at 3 new batches in the first 3 weeks of February. ^___^

Guess Bandai was saving Warco as the ultimate pre-anniversary bait and looking at the sugo structure, it's fairly tempting. That list of boosted legends is the best we've ever seen on Global. And they are finally doing that restricted pool of legends on the 10th multi, which is a pretty good sign for 4th anni.

Missing 4/8 on part 1, 6/8 on part 2 and part 3 but I definitely won't pull, it's way too close to anni to waste a single gem. Much bigger chances to get something new during the anniversary sugo with V2 Sabo, Warco, Shiki and Big Mom batches most probably all included/boosted. That's almost 20 new units to pull for!

February should be a wild ride content wise aswell then, back to back TM Enel content and Big Mom event with some extra anniversary islands.

And can't wait for Corazon 6+, such a fantastic utility unit.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Wonderful news! 4th anni is back on track to be the best sugo ever, we might be looking at 3 new batches in the first 3 weeks of February. ^___^

Guess Bandai was saving Warco as the ultimate pre-anniversary bait and looking at the sugo structure, it's fairly tempting. That list of boosted legends is the best we've ever seen on Global. And they are finally doing that restricted pool of legends on the 10th multi, which is a pretty good sign for 4th anni.

Missing 4/8 on part 1, 6/8 on part 2 and part 3 but I definitely won't pull, it's way too close to anni to waste a single gem. Much bigger chances to get something new during the anniversary sugo with V2 Sabo, Warco, Shiki and Big Mom batches most probably all included/boosted. That's almost 20 new units to pull for!

February should be a wild ride content wise aswell then, back to back TM Enel content and Big Mom event with some extra anniversary islands.

And can't wait for Corazon 6+, such a fantastic utility unit.

Yep I agree on the batches, it's very likely we'll get shiki for the TM enel sugo as he was iirc kinda designed for it & I expect big mom to fall on anni herself, perhaps with brook as the guaranteed anni pull?

Regardless I feel we're going to have loads of new units available for people who haven't pulled too much recently.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think on this Warco sugo, the more I think I'll skip it. Looking at my gems, I'm in a comfortable place, but I'll want to do 1-2 multis on the TM Enel sugo for boosted units, which seems a better investment for gems and whatnot. Then save up a bunch during events for the true Anniversary and hopefully some guaranteed 6th summon unit that's amazing

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Hi, after a one year break i want to get back to the game, is there any legend i should chase ?

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I think i have him, i'm downloading the game right now.

And thanks for the welcome !

There's a number of new legends that are all quite good, v2G4, Luffy/Ace, the upcoming Whitebeard/Marco, V2 Doflamingo, V2 Shanks.

I'd say wait for anni though, there's probably gonna be a whole slew of good legends boosted at once there.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Raise your hand if you called a barto/cav dual legend!

...Anyone?

.....Anyone?

Seems to be a nice amalgamation of the two units, should give Driven units a nice boost. DoffyV2 users will be happy

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Raise your hand if you called a barto/cav dual legend!

...Anyone?

.....Anyone?

Seems to be a nice amalgamation of the two units, should give Driven units a nice boost. DoffyV2 users will be happy

Are. You. Kidding. Me?! This new Barto/Cavendish batch is absolutely insane. It's like Bandai said "Fuck it, we nerfed V2 Doffy and Driven for too long, let the King reclaim his rightful throne"!

Barto/Cavendish is superb, 4.25x ATK CA for Driven, 25% damage reduction during 3 turns. His special is packing a punch aswell, 2.25 ATK boost and reduces damage over 5k? Yes please. And then the switch ability is so good : heals for 5% max HP and reduces damage by 25% and then throw an extra 1.5 own orb boost. Will pair nicely with V2 Doffy.

And the rest of the batch is bringing so much utility for Driven, they definitely had fewer options than most classes out there. Ideo and Hajrudin get rid of BLK orbs and give a conditionnal boost, Don Sai will make sure you don't need to run the whole Doffy batch together.

All in all it's a pretty big buff for Driven and while Dressrossa has been milked quite a lot, I think it's a good idea to have a Coliseum themed batch. Especially with TM Doffy coming up. Would love to pull on this sugo but I'm out of gems.

Hi, after a one year break i want to get back to the game, is there any legend i should chase ?

Welcome back! As others already said, if you have Lucy, he's still very strong and will clear almost everything. You came back at the right time, try to save your gems for 4th anniversary sugo which should be in 3 weeks time, give or take.

I'd say the two best legends on Global (by a margin) are V2 Luffy G4 (rainbow captain with a fun playstyle/captain action, can use any sub) and the next to be released Whitebeard/Marco dual legend (almost rainbow and incredible survivability). Both are highly future proof. Next one you should look out for would be Dual Legend Luffy/Ace which bypasses many mechanics, has great subs.

While it might be tempting to pull on Whitebeard/Marco sugo, you really shouldn't unless you can afford to refill your gems stock 2 weeks after pulling. You'll have a bigger chance to pull Warco and other top units during 4th anni.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Welcome back! As others already said, if you have Lucy, he's still very strong and will clear almost everything. You came back at the right time, try to save your gems for 4th anniversary sugo which should be in 3 weeks time, give or take.

I'd say the two best legends on Global (by a margin) are V2 Luffy G4 (rainbow captain with a fun playstyle/captain action, can use any sub) and the next to be released Whitebeard/Marco dual legend (almost rainbow and incredible survivability). Both are highly future proof. Next one you should look out for would be Dual Legend Luffy/Ace which bypasses many mechanics, has great subs.

While it might be tempting to pull on Whitebeard/Marco sugo, you really shouldn't unless you can afford to refill your gems stock 2 weeks after pulling. You'll have a bigger chance to pull Warco and other top units during 4th anni.

Turns out i had him so i should be fine but i wanted to play something else, i mean he was insanely strong but he wasn't that fun imo. I'm going to hoard everything for the anni and see what i get, thanks everyone for the advices !

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I've slept through Neo Garp and the Neo Coliseums, still on daily log in, collect 3 gems mode. I think it's not content, I need QOL features. I recently picked up Dragon Ball Legends on a friend's recommendation and the QOL features in that game crap on OPTC from great heights, bar some pulling incentives.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Dual Raid Shanks & Mihawk??!!! Another Global first F2P dual unit! And we have a whole week to farm them, very nice.

Also Wedding Sanji and Pudding finally coming, Pudding is a really good unit to max, pairs very well with TM Big Mom.

And Warco sugo officially announced. It's all kicking off!

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Now this is what I like to see! Super pumped for Shanks/Mihawk.

Also looks like the TM will be MID-February, so I don't think we'll be seeing a double TM month(thank god)

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Glad to be getting that Pudding unit, I was running a Cerebral team against Neo Sabo and was surprised that Rayshop Cora was basically the only choice for a chain locker.

The new batch in JPN is awesome (and Driven sorely needed it) though I do kind of question characters like Don Sai or Hajrudin as being Driven, but whatever. Gives the class more options at any rate. Also Barto/Cabbage (Cabbarto?)'s animations are great.

(Also if dual legends like this and Warco are Bandai's way of giving v2s to characters who haven't had enough screen time lately, I'm all for it)

Shanks/Mihawk is a shock. Pretty interested to see how they work...Slasher isn't quite in "need buffs now" territory yet, but it's getting there. I'm guessing we'll see Legend Zoro v2 eventually in JPN, maybe they'll get Shanks/Mihawk close to that.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy to see a ton of content coming to Global in the next month (LOVE more dual units!). January was hard.

Finished the Neo stuff for chopperman gem rewards. Now I just farm EXP Fns to get near level up and I'll hold it there for when all this content hits in a day or two.

I'm so torn on this sugo though. With a TM and Anniversary coming up, I know it's best to wait past these banners and save. But I need 6/8 legends on day 2 and 5 RR, all of which would be boosted anyway in the next TM.... but then again I'd also want to pull on the TM banner for boosters.

Tough tough decisions. I guess I'll see how rates are, but I'm leaning towards a single multi on Day2. Of the boosted legend's only Lucy and Boa would be a dupe, everything else would be a very welcome addition!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming the Anni is similar to last years one...where would you have a higher chance of pulling Wharco ? Upcoming Sugo or Anni ? Honestly thats the only unit i care about at this point.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I see that some quests are classed by classes in the bonus island now, are the quests changing everyday ? I see some old raids too that's pretty cool

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
So Mihawk/Shanks raid is tonight, right? Gotta start saving stamina. I hoped to be closer to a level up (about 1/2way) so I'll throw a gem for Chopperman rewards. Should still come out on top, assuming I can make a team that doesn't need Warco. It'll be interesting to see the teambuilding that's needed

Assuming the Anni is similar to last years one...where would you have a higher chance of pulling Wharco ? Upcoming Sugo or Anni ? Honestly thats the only unit i care about at this point.
Hard to tell. I'd check rates, I believe on debut sugos the new units aren't really that high compared to others. The big question is if they do limited pools. I believe Warco is limited in the 10th this sugo? Might be your best bet

I see that some quests are classed by classes in the bonus island now, are the quests changing everyday ? I see some old raids too that's pretty cool

Yeah that happened a few updates ago. Some Fortnights stay for a week, other older ones, and raids, are on a rotating basis. They arrive maybe 3/7 days for each one, on a changing schedule. Great to catch up on units.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Really happy to see a ton of content coming to Global in the next month (LOVE more dual units!). January was hard.

Finished the Neo stuff for chopperman gem rewards. Now I just farm EXP Fns to get near level up and I'll hold it there for when all this content hits in a day or two.

I'm so torn on this sugo though. With a TM and Anniversary coming up, I know it's best to wait past these banners and save. But I need 6/8 legends on day 2 and 5 RR, all of which would be boosted anyway in the next TM.... but then again I'd also want to pull on the TM banner for boosters.

Tough tough decisions. I guess I'll see how rates are, but I'm leaning towards a single multi on Day2. Of the boosted legend's only Lucy and Boa would be a dupe, everything else would be a very welcome addition!

I'm in the same boat as you pretty much : I'm missing tons of RRs, 6/8 legends on parts 2 and 3. While it's tempting to pull on this Warco sugo, here's my reasoning : historically (aside from Luffy/Ace debut sugo, which was French anniversary), a legend debut sugo is the worst sugo to pull on for that specific legend. The rate boost is lower for "some" reason. The following TM sugo actually usually gives you a better chance at pulling that legend, on top of guaranteeing you a TM booster for 80 gems usually.

Now, even though next TM sugo is a bit different since it's also Shiki's batch introduction, there's a chance Warco will be boosted in one part. I do believe that the best chance to pull Warco will be on 4th anniversary, it would be a very scummy move for Warco not to be rate boosted on any of the 3 parts, I don't see that happening.

I don't think it's worth pulling just one multi on this Warco sugo, you'd probably want to at least do 2 multis to get that guaranteed showcase unit OR 10 multis to get that limited pool. Keep in mind this is a regular sugo, no 2 times legend rates. And the TM sugo should be a normal one aswell while 4th anni will have at least 2x legend rates, if not 3x AND more RRs to pull for and more bonuses probably.

So Mihawk/Shanks raid is tonight, right? Gotta start saving stamina. I hoped to be closer to a level up (about 1/2way) so I'll throw a gem for Chopperman rewards. Should still come out on top, assuming I can make a team that doesn't need Warco. It'll be interesting to see the teambuilding that's needed

Yup Mihawk/Shanks is landing tonight, at the same time as Colo Kuma and Wedding FNs so it will be an exercise of stamina management to farm everything without gemming too much. Priority to the new raid probably. I like what they did with Mihawk/Shanks, it's a useful utility unit providing a conditionnal boost and the condition itself but they are not as good compared to Garp/Goku for sure. Just 2 turns of combined form and the switch ability is mostly an orb shuffle like Zanji.

We'll need to wait for the rates tonight but based on previous sugo history, Anni will provide a better chance to pull Warco but it will still be pretty marginal. Your best bet would probably be a limited pool of legends, which usually happens on very high multi numbers. On the 10th for this one, maybe 9th during 4th anni, 6th would be amazing.

I'm personally saving all my gems for anni, hopefully will have enough for 15-16 multis, possibly split on different days based on the bonuses structure.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the position of only missing 3 or 4 legends each day and only the new RR

But boy Warco looks good

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm missing 3 Legends on day two but nahhhh. I'm content to keep sitting on my gems for now

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Mihawks/Shanks is interesting, though my initial thought is that they might end up as one of those units who are good on paper but don't find a specific niche. Our current "best" Slasher captains are 6+ Mihawk, Fuji v2, and 6+ Zoro. Mihawk, obviously, can't use them. Fuji can use them, but since he also delays they end up being a bit redundant, and Fuji would just as soon use PSY Oars. Plus Fuji really really really wants TM Mihawk around anyway. Zoro makes solid usage of them, but he's probably the weakest of the Slasher captains right now (and honestly Mihawk/Shanks are almost as good of captains as he is). I still feel like we might see a new Slasher legend around the time they hit JPN that fits them best.

Oddly enough, their best place might be with Shiki (who is CONVENIENTLY just days away). They fit his DEX/QCK/INT type requirements, he makes RCV orbs matching, and his special fulfills their under-50% requirement.

Otherwise, their switch ability might be their most intriguing function, since it offers orb chance boost on demand (which is still a relatively rare function anyway).

But hey, keep giving me new dual units. I'll take 'em all.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did two pulls, didn't get any legends but I did get all of the new RR's. Every gem I get now we'll be saved for the anniversary.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
6+ Corazon get - my Kami Enel team is complete now.
Hard to tell. I'd check rates, I believe on debut sugos the new units aren't really that high compared to others. The big question is if they do limited pools. I believe Warco is limited in the 10th this sugo? Might be your best bet
We'll need to wait for the rates tonight but based on previous sugo history, Anni will provide a better chance to pull Warco but it will still be pretty marginal. Your best bet would probably be a limited pool of legends, which usually happens on very high multi numbers. On the 10th for this one, maybe 9th during 4th anni, 6th would be amazing.

I'm personally saving all my gems for anni, hopefully will have enough for 15-16 multis, possibly split on different days based on the bonuses structure.

Thanks - i kinda figured that would be the case.
Still was thirsty and did at least one 30 gem pull....no WB but i got new Mihawk twice and Strawberry - so thats something at least.

Will try for Wharco again during Anni.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
First poster of the first multi was Wharco. Super happy, lots of dupes on the rest of the pull including V1 Lucci. Doesn't matter though, need the Ray points for skulls.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ever have an off day? I've failed the Shanks/Mihawk raid 4 times. Twice with Lucy team since I didn't hit perfects, then twice with an Enel team (stalled one to many turns the first time, and again missed perfects second time). I know the raid's here for more days but man, that's a disappointing, stupid waste of stamina on my part

Edit: did my one multi just now. Got my Xth dupe Ace legend, and new RR Jinbe and Boa

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I did one thirty gem pull on Part 2 and got Warco plus Mihawk and Strawberry.

Guess I'm playing OPTC again 😂

EDIT:

Aytvl3t.png

Send help. Also seriously considering RCV sockets over DR

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I ended up doing 3 multis on Barto/Cavendish sugo. Figured it was worth a shot since 5th anni is still 4-5 months away on JP and I really wanted this new Driven batch for V2 Doffy and it was all gold posters, which happens pretty rarely. First sugo since the official legend rate increase and it showed, I pulled 3 legends in 3 multis. Alas they were all dupes : Barto (...), V2 G4 and Big Mom. At least I got the entire new RR batch.

First poster of the first multi was Wharco. Super happy, lots of dupes on the rest of the pull including V1 Lucci. Doesn't matter though, need the Ray points for skulls.
I did one thirty gem pull on Part 2 and got Warco plus Mihawk and Strawberry.

Guess I'm playing OPTC again 😂

EDIT:

Aytvl3t.png

Send help. Also seriously considering RCV sockets over DR

Congrats on pulling Warco!! You guys are set for the upcoming year worth of content! About Cotton Candies, I'd be leaning towards RCV over HP because of the meat orb on demand every turn but there's an argument for both. From what I've seen on JP, it's pretty much 50/50. I wouldn't go for RCV socket though unless other units on that team have RCV sockets aswell.

Ever have an off day? I've failed the Shanks/Mihawk raid 4 times. Twice with Lucy team since I didn't hit perfects, then twice with an Enel team (stalled one to many turns the first time, and again missed perfects second time). I know the raid's here for more days but man, that's a disappointing, stupid waste of stamina on my part

Edit: did my one multi just now. Got my Xth dupe Ace legend, and new RR Jinbe and Boa

Shanks/Mihawk is actually pretty tricky. I found a very safe 6+ Enel team but it's not very F2P friendly, full legend squad : 6+ Enel, Garp, 6+ V1 Law, Marco, 6+ Magellan.

Stages 1-3 : Stall and eat meat orbs
Stage 4 : Deal damage on Turn 1, use 6+ Magellan and poison will take care of Shanks within 3 turns
Stage 5 : Use Garp, Law, Marco and both Enel specials

Using 6+ Enel and Garp for the first time, great combo for sure. I just wished 2x skillup was right now and not on the last day of Shanks/Mihawk. I'd have wanted to start farming Colo Kuma and the Wedding FNs but 30 copies might not be enough.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Shanks/Mihawk is actually pretty tricky. I found a very safe 6+ Enel team but it's not very F2P friendly, full legend squad : 6+ Enel, Garp, 6+ V1 Law, Marco, 6+ Magellan.

Stages 1-3 : Stall and eat meat orbs
Stage 4 : Deal damage on Turn 1, use 6+ Magellan and poison will take care of Shanks within 3 turns
Stage 5 : Use Garp, Law, Marco and both Enel specials

Using 6+ Enel and Garp for the first time, great combo for sure. I just wished 2x skillup was right now and not on the last day of Shanks/Mihawk. I'd have wanted to start farming Colo Kuma and the Wedding FNs but 30 copies might not be enough.
Oh wow that is so so much safer than what I was using. Thanks!! First time I used legend garp to be honest. Didn't know what he did just trusted your guide haha

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Just what i needed if it works how i think it would.
I still like OPTC but its the mobile game where i have the most difficult time to spend stamina - especially when i only have a couple minutes per day to play.

This could help.
My ideal autoplay is just to get Greats on every hit and attack in normal order. I don't think there'd be anything too unreasonable about that. Only useful for stuff you're wildly overpowered for but I'm sure that'd be good enough for some fortnights.

Seems it's just gonna be story islands at first but I look forward to the "Mihawk Forest beaten with autoplay!" videos

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Tesoro sure would like an auto-great function. :P But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how it works. I wouldn't mind burning stamina that would go to waste otherwise.

Also, since we're coming to the end of Shanks/Mihawk farm time: remember that there's a solid chance we'll get a 4x special up during the anniversary, so if you want to max him with 20-25 copies, that's an option. You'd probably be waiting till the end of the month, and might not be able to use his special during the TM, so keep that in mind.

Planning on taking advantage of that for Colo Kuma, I think. Maybe Wedding Sanji too if he's still around, not sure he's worth it otherwise.