• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
My anniversary summary of new stuff:

Day 1 (0): Didn't pull, but bought the gem pack and got V2 Sanji
Day 2 (8): L/A, Log Ace, Cracker, Perospero, Daifuku Zeff, RR Hancock
Day 3 (3): Smoothie, Log Vivi, G4 Luffy, Tesoro
Day 2 Redux (1): V2 Shanks

Various day dupes I am keeping:L/A, Vivi(for support??), Shirahoshi(??? she seems like she'll probably get a good support someday??)

I went hard on day 2 and came away feeling massively regretful. I still regret it, but my luck turned around quite a bit after that. In the end 5 new top tier legends is not something I could possibly feel disappointed by.

As for what I'm still missing.

Low Rate Legends: Big Mom, Brook, Whitebeard V2, Shiki, Warco, V2 Sabo, Nami
Higher Rate Legends: Kizaru, Franky
RRs: Qck Garp (D:) and SOMEHOW SW CHOPPER??

All in all a great Sugo. It'd be stupid to walk away with what I wanted most but in any way disappointed I didn't get that and the rarest legends in the game. There's some serious regret about Day 2 and impulse control but I have to just deal with that and shake it off. Feeling really good about my box going forward.

Last edited:

mi1es

Nov 7, 2017
So I got burned bad in my day 2 pulls. Do I try again with one discounted? It would basically bring me to 0 gems. Decisions decisions....
After watching plenty of videos and looking around online..Day 2 sounded like it was bad for most people. Which is ironic because it was by and far the most suggested day to pull on (for obvious reasons yes) Day 1 was fire tho

Settle this debate for me. Is it v2 Sabo or v3. It's starting to annoy me looking up vids or teams online. I feel v2 sounds and feels right.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to everyone who had great pulls! Some pretty amazing stuff, look forward to a stronger friend list! :D

I did my final 4 multis last night on part 2, it almost was a disaster but the last multi softened the blow. Got 7 legends, 5 were dupes :

1) V1 Lucci (dupe)
2) V2 Shanks (dupe but I'll take it, he'll be a useful unevolved version)
3) Secret red..... Extended animation!!! It's either Big Mom, Warco or Lac surely! No it's V1 Katakuri, terrible dupe for me, Corazon (dupe)
4) V1 Kuzan (dupe), Hody (NEW), V2 Law (NEW)

I'm just glad I finally got one of my white whales, V2 Law and also Hody. Both are great subs who should boost my teams. Debating super evolving V2 Law now, I could run the dream Neko team but he's very useful for Cerebral teams aswell and I've got all the Cerebral leads.

So my total haul from this 4th anni sugofest : 21 multis (910 gems) ---> 38 legends (8 guaranteed), 6 new legends + 32 dupes

- I averaged 1.81 legend per multi, it's by far the highest drop rate of red posters I've seen on both JP and GLB and I pulled on every big sugo the last 2 years.
- Legend wise I was missing 18 of the 30 rate boosted legends so 60%.
- My dupe rate was 32 out of 38 pulls so 84%, so 16% of my pulls were new legends.
- 3 of my new legends were 2019, the other 3 were 2017, none were from 2018.
- Since I spent 910 gems, it costs me about 151 gems for a new legend.
- I pulled 9 multis on part 1, 7 multis on part 2, 5 multis on part 3, on each part I got 1 extended animation (new Brook, dupe Katakuri, new V2 Sabo)

List of legends pulled (new in bold) :

V2 Sabo
2 V2 Whitebeard (!)
Brook
2 Inuarashi (!)
V2 Law
Hody

3 Garp
3 KF Luffy
2 V1 Kuzan
2 V1 Lucci
2 V2 Lucci
2 V1 Whitebeard
Katakuri
V2 Shanks
Shirahoshi
Zoro
Usoland
V2 Rayleigh
V1 Sanji
Enel
Cavendish
Magellan
V1 Akainu
V2 Boa
TS Luffy
Log Luffy

- Rare Recruit wise, there were 41 boosted units over 3 parts, I was missing 25 so 60%. I pulled all of them except for Knight Zoro and PSY Carrot so that was a big success on the RR front.

If it wasn't for pulling V2 Sabo, the guaranteed V2 WB + Ace + Vivi and picking up all these new RRs, I think my sugo would be close to dumpster fire category. But then again my Global account sugos always have been average at best so this might be one of the better ones. And I guess there's comfort in knowing I already pulled all the legends currently out in Global (bar Shiki and Tesoro) on my JP account.

I had two "broken" leads before this sugo : Lucy and V2 Doffy, now I have doubled that tally with V2 Sabo and V2 Whitebeard so there's that aswell.
Holy hell that's a lot of Legends! I know many of them are dupes, but that's still a lot of red posters that came your way. Congrats again on the Sabo + Whitebeard, they're great.

My anniversary summary of new stuff:

Day 1 (0): Didn't pull, but bought the gem pack and got V2 Sanji
Day 2 (8): L/A, Log Ace, Cracker, Perospero, Daifuku Zeff, RR Hancock
Day 3 (3): Smoothie, Log Vivi, G4 Luffy, Tesoro
Day 2 Redux (1): V2 Shanks

Various day dupes I am keeping:L/A, Vivi(for support??), Shirahoshi(??? she seems like she'll probably get a good support someday??)

I went hard on day 2 and came away feeling massively regretful. I still regret it, but my luck turned around quite a bit after that. In the end 5 new top tier legends is not something I could possibly feel disappointed by.

As for what I'm still missing.

Low Rate Legends: Big Mom, Brook, Whitebeard V2, Shiki, Warco, V2 Sabo, Nami
Higher Rate Legends: Kizaru, Franky
RRs: Qck Garp (D:) and SOMEHOW SW CHOPPER??

All in all a great Sugo. It'd be stupid to walk away with what I wanted most but in any way disappointed I didn't get that and the rarest legends in the game. There's some serious regret about Day 2 and impulse control but I have to just deal with that and shake it off. Feeling really good about my box going forward.
Nice pulls, I'm so jealous of that G4 Luffy. Really hope we get a guarantee when Snakeman arrives. >_<

I'll trade you a SW Chopper for a Cracker.

After watching plenty of videos and looking around online..Day 2 sounded like it was bad for most people. Which is ironic because it was by and far the most suggested day to pull on (for obvious reasons yes) Day 1 was fire tho

Settle this debate for me. Is it v2 Sabo or v3. It's starting to annoy me looking up vids or teams online. I feel v2 sounds and feels right.
V2 Sabo, IMO. People probably count
Lucy as a Sabo character, which isn't right. Lucy is Lucy.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017

It's V2

Are we calling the QCK WB WBv3 since he's a part of Warco? No. Lucy is lucy and DEX Sabo is Sabov2

Sorry, pent up anger. I hate all those naming threads on reddit....

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
A little reminder that Ray's shop inventory is changing tonight so don't forget to grab some interesting deals if you haven't done so yet. I know some of us did multiple pulls and probably are overflowing with RPs. All the crystal skulls are currently on sale for 7.5K instead of 10K (good opportunity to get that green skull for 6+ Corazon)! Also there are two sales on the +100 CCs, one for 5K, another one for 7.5K. I always pick up the discounted socket tomes, at 300 each (3 max), they are good value. The discounted price will go back up to 500 tomorrow I think for some reason.

Holy hell that's a lot of Legends! I know many of them are dupes, but that's still a lot of red posters that came your way. Congrats again on the Sabo + Whitebeard, they're great.

Thanks again! Yeah all those reds made for a pretty wild ride for sure. Most memorable one probably was that multi with 5 reds when the first 3 were Log Luffy, TS Luffy and Kung Fu Luffy. All dupes but I thought that next one surely would have to be either new V2 G4 Luffy or Luffy/Ace. Turns out it was V1 Whitebeard and V2 Boa...
I'm pretty happy with V2 Sabo so far, especially since I pulled Zeff and Tamago from V2 Sanji batch, can run a nice fighter team. He will also have access to those great shooter subs too when Zephyr and Capone batches get released in a month or so.

Congrats on your V2 WB, Big Mom and Franky again! Hope you'll have enough gems to do 9-10 multis when Snakeman comes around, to make it guaranteed. :)

It's V2

Are we calling the QCK WB WBv3 since he's a part of Warco? No. Lucy is lucy and DEX Sabo is Sabov2

What MiTYH said. No one ever called Lucy "V2 Sabo". And if they ever release another Lucy legend, people will call him V2 Lucy, not V4 Sabo. And the next legend Ace should be V2 Ace, not V3 because of Lace. But since some peoplewill call them V3 Sabo and V3 Whitebeard, it will make it messier to look for some youtube videos in the future...

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
It's V2

Dunno what you're so angry about, on an unrelated note I love my Version 5 Luffy I just pulled

Edit: Version 6??

Last edited:

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
My pulls for this sugo we're pretty great, I'm pretty happy now that I had some time to play with the new legends. I really wanted v2g4 and v2 shanks (I still haven't pulled any Shanks legend in the 3 years I've been playing...) but at least I got great Captains.

Did my last multi with the 5 FB gems and got a bunch of dupes + legend Shiki + Legend Barto and Log Ace. All 3 were new and are perfect for my v2 WB team. :D

Should I super evolve my Barto or keep him str? He looks a bit better as qck tbh...

Edit: Shiki doesn't seem that great tbh... What makes him so great? I guess I can see his low health + RCV orbs but I feel like I would need another character to manipulate the RCV orbs into something matching or use that turn to heal. In terms of damage though, he does a lot of damage from the damage portion of his special.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Chance! doesn't count for Chopperman missions, but the Very Hungry stages don't take any of Big Moms health IIRC.

I think the "Chance !" one doesn't work for the new Chopperman missions

Oh. Well, I guess I'll just keep doing the regular ones. I need the skill books anyway.

Edit: Decided to do a discounted pull on Part 2. Got Smoothie, so now I have the whole batch minus Big Mom herself. Also got Shiki.

Last edited:

mi1es

Nov 7, 2017
Strange highlight I had this anniversary.
V2 Law x2
Judge x2

I can see myself using all 4 once I eventually get to the Germa 66 island.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, we're getting Garp challenges. Finally! Nice source of harder content and 31 gems by the looks of it, plus some +100 CC. My poor empty gem count will love this.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Did a random 30 gem pull this morning and got 3 Red posters and NONE of them were dupes!!

V2 Law
V2 Aokiji
OG Whitebeard

I did get really happy when I saw Whitebeard's art thinking it was the new one, but heck I still didn't have the original.

The problem I'm currently having though is that I'm not able to do some of the top tier stuff or even the hardest coliseums regularly. I have a lot of really powerful legends and good RR's but either my teaming sucks or I do lol.

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
The two Chance islands reset every night btw so that's 2 extra gems per day. Alas they might disappear after today since Big Mom is almost dead. Would be sweet if we somehow got them again on the last 2 days for an extra 4 gems.

My pulls for this sugo we're pretty great, I'm pretty happy now that I had some time to play with the new legends. I really wanted v2g4 and v2 shanks (I still haven't pulled any Shanks legend in the 3 years I've been playing...) but at least I got great Captains.

Did my last multi with the 5 FB gems and got a bunch of dupes + legend Shiki + Legend Barto and Log Ace. All 3 were new and are perfect for my v2 WB team. :D

Should I super evolve my Barto or keep him str? He looks a bit better as qck tbh...

Edit: Shiki doesn't seem that great tbh... What makes him so great? I guess I can see his low health + RCV orbs but I feel like I would need another character to manipulate the RCV orbs into something matching or use that turn to heal. In terms of damage though, he does a lot of damage from the damage portion of his special.

Congrats on your pulls! Shiki is mostly useful as a captain in some TMs, his wave clear special is one of the strongest in the game. He works well enough with his batch, especially RR Dr Indigo who will heal him back to full health. You could theorically use him as a sub for V2 WB and use Zunesha ship to make RCV orbs matching but if you have Log Ace, I don't see why you would run Shiki instead, Lace is a much superior sub and has incredible synergy with V2 WB.

All in all, Shiki is a pretty tough captain to use and thus isn't very popular at all, probably one of the least popular legends released last year in JP.

Oh hey, we're getting Garp challenges. Finally! Nice source of harder content and 31 gems by the looks of it, plus some +100 CC. My poor empty gem count will love this.

Excited about Garp challenges arriving! This first one was by far the longest one and also most rewarding one. I forgot whether this one has a cost restriction stage or not but I think some parts can be beaten with a Zombie team. Wonder how tough/easy this will be for us since we have access to stronger legends/units than when it landed in JP.

I do like Garp challenges but I wonder how the reception will be on Global. They've become more common in Japan now, almost a monthly thing and I noticed that people got bored/sick of them the last few months, much less enthusiasm even though they give great rewards.

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, gotta do my 1 stamina Doffy runs soon. I put it off on the off chance I'd pull Warco but no dice.

Is Zombie team the best option?

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
The two Chance islands reset every night btw so that's 2 extra gems per day. Alas they might disappear after today since Big Mom is almost dead. Would be sweet if we somehow got them again on the last 2 days for an extra 4 gems.

Congrats on your pulls! Shiki is mostly useful as a captain in some TMs, his wave clear special is one of the strongest in the game. He works well enough with his batch, especially RR Dr Indigo who will heal him back to full health. You could theorically use him as a sub for V2 WB and use Zunesha ship to make RCV orbs matching but if you have Log Ace, I don't see why you would run Shiki instead, Lace is a much superior sub and has incredible synergy with V2 WB.

All in all, Shiki is a pretty tough captain to use and thus isn't very popular at all, probably one of the least popular legends released last year in JP.

Excited about Garp challenges arriving! This first one was by far the longest one and also most rewarding one. I forgot whether this one has a cost restriction stage or not but I think some parts can be beaten with a Zombie team. Wonder how tough/easy this will be for us since we have access to stronger legends/units than when it landed in JP.

I do like Garp challenges but I wonder how the reception will be on Global. They've become more common in Japan now, almost a monthly thing and I noticed that people got bored/sick of them the last few months, much less enthusiasm even though they give great rewards.
Oh wow, I completely forgot that Zunesha exist lol. I think he might be decent if I need to burst twice with log Ace in team as well. He definitely makes a good orb manipulator + low health but his damage might activate the special interrupts from certain islands. Thanks for the input.

Ugh, gotta do my 1 stamina Doffy runs soon. I put it off on the off chance I'd pull Warco but no dice.

Is Zombie team the best option?
There was a double enel team up on Reddit last night but it seems that the mods took down that post... I should have screenshot it. I'm not a big fan on how heavily modded that subreddit is, sometimes those helpful post gets taken down but those dumb ass memes stays up. You would think they would prioritize helpful posts over shit posts...

Oct 27, 2017
Max skilled V2 Shanks, finally. I can put off Inu FN for a while. Not having much luck with the Charlotte Kid skill books. They seem to drop pretty rarely, at least in 30-stam.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
There was a double enel team up on Reddit last night but it seems that the mods took down that post... I should have screenshot it. I'm not a big fan on how heavily modded that subreddit is, sometimes those helpful post gets taken down but those dumb ass memes stays up. You would think they would prioritize helpful posts over shit posts...
thanks, I'll search on YouTube for enel teams and see what I can find

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
You beautiful bastard you did it! Warco and their entire batch, plus V2 Rayleigh. Anni goddamn redeemed!

Incredible multi! Congrats!! Now I'm almost tempted to go for a last 30 gems multi before sugo is over, don't see any future sugo with better odds in the next 5-6 months.

thanks, I'll search on YouTube for enel teams and see what I can find

I've just cleared it for the first time with this Enel 6+ team. I failed a couple tries at first because I dealt too much damage early on Enel so couldn't stall enough turns but otherwise it's pretty safe. Moriah can be a bit scary if you really have terrible luck with meat orbs. Pretty slow team of course since you have to stall to charge up Enel special but it might be faster than a Shirahoshi zombie team. The rewards are well worth it.

Max skilled V2 Shanks, finally. I can put off Inu FN for a while. Not having much luck with the Charlotte Kid skill books. They seem to drop pretty rarely, at least in 30-stam.

Been running the 40 stamina version and I'm getting 0-1 skillbook per run (usually one on stage 5) so yeah the drop rate isn't that great. But thanks to pulling on the sugo and 4x skill up, I got a few Charlotte kids maxed out already.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You beautiful bastard you did it! Warco and their entire batch, plus V2 Rayleigh. Anni goddamn redeemed!
Now that's some amazing luck, haha. Congrats! Glad to see your decision paid off for you!

I really should think about doing my Chopper Candy Island runs soon, I only have a few more days to do it. I guess I'll run a Lucy team with a bunch of AOE damage dealers along with the anniversary ship. Should work out okay.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I caved in... Did a desperate last 30 gems multi on part 3.... Oh a red, great, surely my 4th Garp of this sugo....

vGjxJZ2.jpg

YES YES YES!!!! GET IN!!!!!!!! CLUTCH OFF BANNER REDEMPTION PULL!!

I'm completely out of gems but that's fine! Warco was probably my 2nd most wanted legend and getting him has turned this anni from decent to pretty good. Even pulled PSY Carrot, the last RR I was missing, in this multi. ^___^

No regret, thanks Facebook and the "something special" Big Mama event, just gave me enough for that last multi! Thanks AgentLampshade and Kyou for their inspiring last ditch pulls too. :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I caved in... Did a desperate last 30 gems multi on part 3.... Oh a red, great, surely my 4th Garp of this sugo....

vGjxJZ2.jpg

I'm completely out of gems but that's fine! Warco was probably my 2nd most wanted legend and getting him has turned this anni from decent to pretty good. Even pulled PSY Carrot, the last RR I was missing, in this multi. ^___^

No regret, thanks Facebook and the "something special" Big Mama event, just gave me enough for that last multi! Thanks AgentLampshade and Kyou for their inspiring last ditch pulls too. :)
Great stuff man, congrats!

saiko

Nov 4, 2017

Wow grats on the pull, man! That is some insane luck.

I need 35 more gems and I could get Ace. There's 4 coliseums that I could currently complete for gems, still have rookie missions, and the last story island. Can I make it to 80 gems in the next couple days?? If we get those 10 gems then I certainly could.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Great stuff man, congrats!

Thanks, I have to admit, I'm much more satisfied with the outcome of this sugo now. Went ahead and rainbowed Warco with tablets (since I never use them anyway), my 2nd rainbowed legend after V2 Doffy. I gave him HP CC instead of RCV CC in the end.

Wow grats on the pull, man! That is some insane luck.

I need 35 more gems and I could get Ace. There's 4 coliseums that I could currently complete for gems, still have rookie missions, and the last story island. Can I make it to 80 gems in the next couple days?? If we get those 10 gems then I certainly could.

Thanks and good luck with gems hunting! Hope you can make it. Big Mom just died for the last time but I don't think we'll get the last 10 gems before the end of the sugo alas, it says rewards will be distributed within 3 days after HP reaches zero, exclusing Saturdays and Sundays. I can't remember whether we got the 10 gems for her 2nd death yet, I'm tempted to say yes.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Wharco's one of my most wanted legends tbh, though I can't be mad about not pulling him when I got over 10 new legends including many deliciously good ones.

Who knows, maybe the free legend pulls will surprise me, we're still getting those~

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Okay got one clear of the 1 stamina thing so that's done.

May or may not do two more runs. That is a lot of work for tablets that likely wont get me anything anyway

Oct 27, 2017
Did the 400 mil for Big Mom so I guess I'm done with her. Didn't max skill the kids yet, though. I'll just wait for the FNs that have their manuals.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Completed my three 1-stamina runs with the Enel 6+ team, took about 1h30 overall with failures, not too bad.

Last day of max special ship and 4x skill up! Used up all my silver manuals on new units, might use a gem or two to farm big mom and co-op missions, the drops are pretty good, would like to stock up on homies, CCs and socket tomes as much as I can.

mi1es

Nov 7, 2017
Did the 400 mil for Big Mom so I guess I'm done with her. Didn't max skill the kids yet, though. I'll just wait for the FNs that have their manuals.
I wonder how long we will have to wait for some of these manuals. 4x skill up has been godlike.. but for some reason my legend Brook went 0/7... really strange rng there.

Got my 400mil done with a WBv2 team, conditional booster and an unevolved v2 doffy on the team. It was much faster to run the 15stam chance mission for the most dmg. Bursting on all the purple units before BM.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how long we will have to wait for some of these manuals. 4x skill up has been godlike.. but for some reason my legend Brook went 0/7... really strange rng there.

JPN apparently has them in the Mother Caramel and Cavendish fortnights, which are like 6 fortnights away from where GLB is. Don't really know when we'll be getting them, though.

I ended up just maxing them with my 5* almighty manuals. I also max skilled WBv2 and Wharco with my 6* almighty manuals. I don't think even JPN has their books yet? And what better time to use them than during 4x skill up, besides.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
JPN apparently has them in the Mother Caramel and Cavendish fortnights, which are like 6 fortnights away from where GLB is. Don't really know when we'll be getting them, though.

I ended up just maxing them with my 5* almighty manuals. I also max skilled WBv2 and Wharco with my 6* almighty manuals. I don't think even JPN has their books yet? And what better time to use them than during 4x skill up, besides.

Exactly what I did with my new legends. I hate grinding for the books, so for those that I had (BB and Katakuri) I used books, but Tesoro and BWv2 I used manuals. I've got a TON of them just sitting there so why not? Got them all maxed out pretty quick too

4x ship, Max special ship, and 4x skillup most of all... you will be missed

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Smoothie: Maxed, Cracker: Maxed, Perospero: Maxed

Daifuku... WHERE ARE YOUR BOOKS DDD:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

Warco books have been out in Japan for a while actually, was Perospero FN, which should arrive in 2-3 months on Global. Surprisingly Warco batch books are still missing. It's like Bandai completely forgot about them, the last two FNs have been about V2 Jinbe and Capone Bege batches.

I ended up using all my gold 4* and 5* too on top of the silver manuals, definitely the best time to use them as you said. I prioritized INT Boa and Strawberry with the spare manuals since who knows when they'll get their books.

I tried to run a V2 WB for the 40 stamina co-op mission, that was brutal, quickly went back to the Lucy team for faster and safer farming haha.

Will dearly miss 4x skill up for sure, it's currently 2x skill up on Japan for the Germa "event" and it's so painful to go 1/10 on V2 Sabo books... It's great though that his manual came out so soon after his release.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a bunch of 4* silver manuals to use, which RR would you guys recommend? Maybe ones that are useful that still don't have a fortnight for books (or they do but as a rare drop). I'd like to use them while the 4x skillup is still active. I'd post which RR I have, but it's a lot, haha.