• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
The V2 Germa mini event just ended on JP. Managed to farm enough skulls to 5+ my free V2 Reiju and also picked up 5 evo crystals for the other rangers, in case I pull them in the future. That island was much easier to farm than the first Germa island, could even run double TM Enel to speedfarm the 40 stamina version.

The special Big Mom ranking on the other hand...... Tried to complete it on the last day and failed miserably. That was the hardest ranking so far. Either you were lucky enough to pull the new Judge/Sanji legend and the whole V2 germa batch or you were pretty much out of luck.

I tried to run the most "F2P" friendly option which was 6+ V1 Doffy with friend Barto/Cavendish (and like 45 turns of stalling), even used up a bunch of AAM and turkey feasts on Invasion Linlin (she's incredibly important for so much content) but kept messing up the targetting on the early stage and there's not much room for error with that kind of team. Didn't help that it cost 50 stamina per try and hardly anyone on my friendlist pulled Barto/Cavendish.

That brand new debuff Bandai introduced with this event is absolutely brutal. It disables damage dealing specials of all sorts, HP cuts, fixed damaged, tap timing damage you name it. Clear middle finger to not only V2 Doffy, 6+ Enel but also the brand new king in town V2 Katakuri (his reign lasted 2 months). We'll see how common this debuff will be in the future but this could be a big nerf to many teams. The most popular method to deal with these increasingly tanky bosses has been to load up on HP cuts like Warco and abuse the crazy special damage from units like Enel, 6+ Inu, V2 Kata.

Funny enough there was an easy Lace team but I don't have V1 Sabo. Think it's pretty lame to lock an exclusive support unit behind such a difficult ranking. Then again Sora is useless if you don't pull the whole V2 Germa batch. The new Rangers team is completely busted but they are much harder to fit in other teams now because their specials are more restrictive than ever.

Oh, hey there. It's been a while.

Congrats on the amazing haul! That's some incredible luck over the last 2 months for you!

How are the manual drops on the Germa Resurrection island?

After collecting the full crew and a dupe Judge, I really want to work towards maxing them. Thing is at this time I don't much care for upgrading any of them besides Judge. Would be running mostly for skill up manuals. Should I just wait for fortnights to come back around or take this chance before it leaves on March 11th and get some books?

I'm running the island on JP atm since it finally returned and I think the book drops are not that great, I get one or two per 50 stamina run. That being said, you get a lot of forbidden tomes and skulls. Even if you're not planning on evolving the Germa kids right now, in the long run you might want to, most of them gets an upgrade and the 6+ Judge team is just better than the OG team.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble connecting? I wanted to do my free pull but it just keeps connecting and I'm stuck on the title screen. Thought it was my phone but seems like other people on the subreddit are experiencing the same thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble connecting? I wanted to do my free pull but it just keeps connecting and I'm stuck on the title screen. Thought it was my phone but seems like other people on the subreddit are experiencing the same thing.
Yeah, looks like servers are down. I'm at 270 stamina with 5k XP until a level up. Poor timing, but hey, apologems?!!?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hey there. It's been a while.

I'm still playing but I turned into a bit of a lurker and haven't posted since before the Christmas Eve sugo. I had a bit of a cold during the holidays and then the Void January happened where there was no new content in the game for a month. The lack of stuff to do aside, the sugos had been pretty well for me.

To recap:

Christmas Eve sugo: Did the 5 mutlis for the guaranteed Lucy since I didn't have him. It was a huge legend dupefest until the 8th poster of the 5th multi when I got V2 Akainu. Did an extra multi for the guaranteed legend and got V2 Sanji in the multi and V2 Aokiji as the guaranteed. My only disappointment was the lack of content to try out my new legends on.

Warco sugo: Did 3 multis and got the RR batch except for Strawberry. Got an extended red poster animation in the multis but I got baited and it was Katakuri. He was still new so that was cool.

TM Enel: Placed 325 because I'm a glutton for punishment even though I swore I wouldn't go for top 500 ever again after getting two QCK Marco dupes as my rewards the last time. Got a dupe Inu and something like my 4th or 5th TSL. It wasn't all bad because I got a new V2 Rayleigh from the point reward pulls.

4th Anni Sugo:
Day 1: V2 G4 Luffy, V2 Doffy, Franky, and V2 Whitebeard
Day 2: dupe V2 G4 Luffy (Snakeman, ho!) and V2 Shanks (probably my most wanted legend)
Day 3: Legend Brook
Strawberry still managed to allude me being the only regular RR unit I don't have.

Co-op Mission rewards: Barto, SW Ace, V1 Doffy, and V2 SABO! Sabo was an incredibly lucky pull. I can't recall even seeing anybody post in the reddit thread about getting him. I was so happy to get him just because he's so stupidly good and fits in so many teams.

As it stands now, the only legends I'm missing are Warco, Big Mom, Tesoro, Shiki, Robin, and Nami. It's a strange feeling having such a stacked box right now, especially with the V2 Akainu and V2 Shanks combo. V2 Shanks is just so good and gate keeps so many powerful teams by just being a sub. Really fun experimenting with V2 Sabo as well.

Good to hear the anni sugo worked out pretty well for everyone. Now it's just the wait for the hunt for LRR Bonney and LRR Koala.
Absolutely insane luck, some really great pulls in there. You're set for a while!

Also, welcome back! I just returned myself after a long break, haha.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone cleared Big Mom Training Island yet ? If so what team did you use.
Ive been at max Cola for like a year and could use a new ship to relieve some Cola pressure xD

They kind of switched from early meta utility (delay, orb lock, bind and despair) to current meta utility, which is to just deal with all kinds of debuffs. Both sets provide all the damage buffs as well. Both can still be useful, and if I ever get a second Judge I'll be able to use both, but I'm going with the plus evos for now.

They do quite well against the new island, though you'll have to brute force a few levels. Nothing terrible though. Zou feels easier than a lot of the recent story isles, but that kind of fits its purpose in the storyline.

Managed to get Story Capone after a few tries. Not sure I'm going to go for Jack. Capone is vaguely useful if you don't have 6+ Blucci...and are running shooters for some reason...:/
Yeah i get but just as a general feeling their v1 Germa 66 squad felt way more useful than the v2 ones - they are supposed to be a full package for the more recent meta but you often end up needing diffrent subs in addition or as an replacement anyway. With v1 it felt like they were ready for pretty much everything the game has to offer.

Sure it makes sense, since the game has introduced many new mechanics and debuffs - so one team being able to counter all would be OP. Nowadays my f2p team is my standard team because Bobbin, newer STR Marco and Corazon 6+ have a response ready for most stuff you can get thrown at you.

PS. Good to know about the new Story Island - guess im gonna use v2 Germa 66 there heh.
Gonna wait for half stam though.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone cleared Big Mom Training Island yet ? If so what team did you use.
Ive been at max Cola for like a year and could use a new ship to relieve some Cola pressure xD

I used this team HERE

its a zombie team and took me a few tries to do it. So now ive done the garp challenge and big mom forest. Anni was good to me. Now we have a shit sugo this weekend and after that we get the Treasure Map Sugo which has 3 new boosted units. I don't think ill pull there even though we get Higuma guaranteed on 2nd multi.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Garp 14. Found a Korean youtube channel where the user beat the last few with Double ColoNeptune and a few legends I have, so.... there's a lot of EXP that I'm getting. Just leveled up twice (i was close to a level up anyway), just wasn't expecting that much. Should get 15 done today or tomorrow.

TM coming on a... Friday? Bleh, that stinks. Not like weekdays are better but weekends stink just as much.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I used this team HERE

its a zombie team and took me a few tries to do it. So now ive done the garp challenge and big mom forest. Anni was good to me. Now we have a shit sugo this weekend and after that we get the Treasure Map Sugo which has 3 new boosted units. I don't think ill pull there even though we get Higuma guaranteed on 2nd multi.
Thanks - i can actually put this squad together.
Gave it a shot earlier and died on stage 7 or 8 because im not really used to zombie teams and let myself get poisoned lol.

Ill have more time this weekend for a couple attempts.

PS. What team did you use to clear Garp Challenge 13 ?
Stage 13 of Garp is turning out to be a pain in the ass

I beat Stage 12 with a LAce team - tried 13 twice, once with LAce and once with Enel - results were less than satisfying.
Right now i dont really see how i can beat that stage....too much fuckery going on. I probably just need more time to prepare my team.

Might have to invest in some map-damage resistance.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I beat Stage 12 with a LAce team - tried 13 twice, once with LAce and once with Enel - results were less than satisfying.
Right now i dont really see how i can beat that stage....too much fuckery going on. I probably just need more time to prepare my team.

Might have to invest in some map-damage resistance.
there's a V2 Akainu team that looks good but the catch is you need barrier penetration

I've been really resistant to putting that on him because it seems like it could work against his captain ability and you can't undo it. I've already had a couple things I wouldn't have been able to beat as easily if the enemy barriers weren't getting taken out

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks - i can actually put this squad together.
Gave it a shot earlier and died on stage 7 or 8 because im not really used to zombie teams and let myself get poisoned lol.

Ill have more time this weekend for a couple attempts.

PS. What team did you use to clear Garp Challenge 13 ?

Yeah I died a lot, I spent way too long on it yesterday lol.

For Challenge 13 I used this team HERE

I used Kidd instead of Magellan since I still don't have him. On stage 8 is where I died the most. Its more rng since you need meat to heal in order to survive the attack.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017

I used Kidd instead of Magellan since I still don't have him. On stage 8 is where I died the most. Its more rng since you need meat to heal in order to survive the attack.
This worked like a charm, thanks! Beat it first try.

Pulling for the guaranteed Enel is turning out to be the best decision I've ever made in this game. Dude feels unkillable under the right circumstances

Xero

Oct 25, 2017

Pulling for the guaranteed Enel is turning out to be the best decision I've ever made in this game. Dude feels unkillable under the right circumstances

Congrats! Same, I've used Enel so much, he is a beast. Hopefully V2 Whitebeard gets some play, ive yet to use him but still happy I pulled for him. Can't wait for this TM, gonna have so many high boosted units hopefully i can push my way into the higher league.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

screenshot_20190307-2skk4b.png
First off thanks for hooking me up with the Big Mom Training Island team - just cleared it on my "first" real try where i managed to get past stage 9 lol. Maxed with 210 Cola - i dont have Big Mom but maybe the ship can be used for other leads as well.

Have the units for the Challenge 13 sqaud as well....gonna try it later but more likely tomorrow.

Edit:

Nevermind...this team worked perfect asap. Thanks.
Where was the RNG part at stage 8 though ? Colo Kid cleared special cleared the stage in one round.

Now i gotta see whats up with Stage 14 xD

Nice - im still getting used to him after my short hiatus but under the right circumstances he seems to be able to clear almost everything. Might be the most popular Captain right now.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like TM Sugo is starting on the 12th, so TM Shanks is probably next Thurs or Fri. We should be getting Higuma island soon, not sure if JPN had it before or alongside the TM itself.

I'll be interested to see how the boosted units end up working this time around. I think JPN had Higuma, Ace, and Mihawk all at the same value along with Legend Garp, who debuted at the same time for them. I'm not sure Garp will be boosted here, but we've got Whitebeard, Big Mom, and Brook who could all get that boost as well. I'm guessing they might put WB at 1.5x and keep Big Mom and Brook at 1.35x along with Bell Luffy from last time. I have all of those units along with at least Higuma, so I'll have to see how many of them I can stuff onto the boss team.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Beat stage 13 with Warco and used the same team to 1 shot stage 14. It was incredibly easy compared to 13... Tried stage 15 and it looks like I can't stall in stage 15 without a full RCV bind resist team. This is going to be annoying since I've recently came back and have no units at max RCV bind...

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Beat Garp stage 12 with Warco, was fairly easy, plenty of room for mistakes because of his tankiness. Haven't tried stage 13 yet but will probably either use a Warco or an Enel team that you guys posted. :)

Completed the new story island aswell, a breeze with V2 Doffy team. Didn't farm Jack nor Capone though, I spent my stamina on the new FN Brook/Kinemon island, great source of sockets for Legend Brook.

80 gems for Enel will probably go down as the best deal ever in OPTC Global history lol. Still can't believe Bandai allowed that 6+, he's so strong. He'll complete future challenges aswell, think there even is content where we will need his unevolved version.

Looks like TM Sugo is starting on the 12th, so TM Shanks is probably next Thurs or Fri. We should be getting Higuma island soon, not sure if JPN had it before or alongside the TM itself.

I'll be interested to see how the boosted units end up working this time around. I think JPN had Higuma, Ace, and Mihawk all at the same value along with Legend Garp, who debuted at the same time for them. I'm not sure Garp will be boosted here, but we've got Whitebeard, Big Mom, and Brook who could all get that boost as well. I'm guessing they might put WB at 1.5x and keep Big Mom and Brook at 1.35x along with Bell Luffy from last time. I have all of those units along with at least Higuma, so I'll have to see how many of them I can stuff onto the boss team.

JPN got the Higuma island with the TM sugo. I don't mind a Thursday/Friday start to the TM. I'm more dreading the fact that it is the TM right after anni, it will be a bloodbath, everyone and their dog pulled hard and will have most TM boosters. It's always a pain to rank after a big sugo T_T

I don't see Garp being boosted either indeed, which is a shame since he's quite optimal for this TM. I don't think WB will be at 1.5x, not sure Bandai is that generous since he was guaranteed. Hope they prove me wrong.

Anyway can't wait to get TM Shanks, he's TM Enel BFF! Double special, yummy double CD reduction for Enel. Those 2 are a lock on my Neptune teams, just add V1 Law and that's most farmable content easily dealt with. :)

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to zombie 15 is not going well

Love when guides forget to mention stuff like "yo don't get him below 50% or you die" most of the way through

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to zombie 15 is not going well

Love when guides forget to mention stuff like "yo don't get him below 50% or you die" most of the way through
I ran a V2 Shanks/Warco team against the 1 stamina Co-op Mission. I used Magellan on Hody and apparently attacked him too much while I was waiting for him to die and got 1-shot when his health broke a percentage threshold. All I had to do was wait for him to die and then kill Doffy in a single burst. It was at that point I decided the 3 tablets of each type weren't worth it and instead booted up a PC game to play instead for the last 2 hours the event was available.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Woooo beat 15 with Enel.

https://www.nakama.network/teams/12485/details

My advice: take Str Marco instead of Alvida, play it SUPER safe with Coby(healing against him can be tough) and resetting to reroll Shanks/Mihawk's orb shuffle to stay alive against Garp can take a while

Other than that easy! Garp emoji title is the best reward they've ever given

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
So im reading up on all these Nakama setups and wondering myself - why the hell do they expect me to have the 4th Anni ship still ? Oh wait...they used Moby Dick - weird, because they all say i should use Kid on the first stage how wou....wait - i double check my Kid only to realize what his LB does and more importantly that i dont leveled/maxed his LB even though i have him max skilled - WTF.

I dont know how this happens but this is incredible stupid - this must have happened while i was playing extra casual and just didnt care or look it up.

Thats a bummer, hope Colo Kid returns soon so that i can finish him.
On the other hand...i already considered him a top tier sub, knowing that he can and will get even better is amazing lol.

PS. Free Daily pull is still available - dont miss out on it.
Woooo beat 15 with Enel.

https://www.nakama.network/teams/12485/details

My advice: take Str Marco instead of Alvida, play it SUPER safe with Coby(healing against him can be tough) and resetting to reroll Shanks/Mihawk's orb shuffle to stay alive against Garp can take a while

Other than that easy! Garp emoji title is the best reward they've ever given
Congrats - thats the squad i was going to try later as well.
I just hope it works without Kid special ready for stage 1.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Legend Cracker is datamined. As is the next TM unit, dual Oven and.... smoothie? Didn't see that coming, really thought it was the genie

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wow Legend Cracker, that's quite unexpected at this point in time. Some people were expecting him back when OPTC started releasing WCI content. He definitely deserves a Legend version though, behind Big Mom and Katakuri, he's the Charlotte member with the most screentime!

6* Cracker Captain: Boosts Atk of Powerhouse by 3.75x and the HP of Fighter, Slasher, Striker, and Shooter by 1.35x
Special: Changes Empty, Block, Bomb, RCV, G, and own orb into matching. If your Captain is a Fighter, Slasher, Striker, or Shooter character, adds 1.1 to chain multiplier for 2 turns and If your Captain is a Free Spirit, Driven, Cerebral, or Powerhouse character, boosts color affinity of Free Spirit, Driven, Cerebral, and Powerhouse by 1.75x for 2 turns

Pretty boring CA actually, it's been a long while since Bandai released a legend with such a straightforward CA? Powerful though, he's almost like a Neko version of Powerhouse.

His special on the other hand is pretty good, +1.1 to chain multiplier is the biggest boost so far if I'm not wrong and 1.75x colour affinity for 2 turns is kinda nice. Wish it was 2x for 1 turn instead. He's perfect as a sub for the most recent legends though, Sanji/Judge, V2 Katakuri, Snakeman.

All in all, pretty solid unit, more exciting as a sub like Nami or V2 Sabo! We're still in the Powerhouse lovefest period it seems, Slasher revival is delayed until the anime reaches Wano possibly.

Rip Daifuku, pretty strange choice to pair up Oven and Smoothie but whatever, I'll take more dual units, just hope they are interesting.

In other news, completed Garp 13 with Warco, not the most exciting playstyle but very safe for sure and you can't ask much more than safety for this type of difficult content.

Almost done farming Germa V1 island on JP, just missing one last Judge skull obviously. Might farm the new difficulty for Raid Judge after that, I saw quite a few V2 Kata and Snakeman teams who can clear it.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Cracker's captain ability is snoresville

really should have had a captain action to turn into a biscuit man and get less attack but a bunch of defense or something

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah Cracker's captain ability is snoresville

really should have had a captain action to turn into a biscuit man and get less attack but a bunch of defense or something

Yeah if there was one character who was deserving of a captain action in all of WCI arc, it was Cracker. Anything to do with his ability to control biscuit soldiers. It made too much sense I guess.

Wow TM Oven/Smoothie is pretty good, 3.75x atk boost in their dual form, I think that's the highest multiplier for a F2P unit so far! 3x to one colour and 2.5x to two other colours in their normal form is nothing to sneeze at either.

Captain (Dual) : 3.75x Atk to QCK, PSY and INT and recovers 3x of his Rcv in Hp at the end of each round
Captain (Smoothie) : 3x Atk to PSY and 2.5x Atk to QCK and INT
Captain (Oven) : 3x Atk to the QCK and 2.5x Atk to PSY and INT
Switch : Treat QCK, PSY and INT as Matching Orb for 1 turn.20x atk at the end of turn
Special : The appearance of QCK and PSY orbs for 2 turns slightly increases.Boost QCK,PSY,INT orbs by 2x for 2 turn.Turn into smoothie oven for 2 turn
Sailor 1 : +50 stats to QCK/PSY/INT
Sailor 2 : Cannot blown away

QCK, PSY and INT booster is amazing, they get access to a pretty big pool of useful units. End of turn attack on switch?! That's pretty original and actually useful, a good way to deal with resilience or get a bit of aoe damage to clear mobs. The special itself is quite restrictive, 2x orb boosts for 2 turns but just for 3 types of orbs.

Powerhouse/Slasher, QCK/PSY, they work perfectly with V2 Kata and V2 Aokiji!

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Smoothie/Oven for resilience killer! Yeah it's a great F2P unit. Great stats, and well needed after some lackluster TMs recently

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, pre-WCI I was expecting legends of Big Mom, Kata, Cracker, and Pudding as far as the Charlotte family was concerned, I'd given up on the latter two. Making him a TM legend means you don't have to dig out four more Charlotte family members as RRs, so that makes it easier.

He reminds me a lot of Nami in that he's an amazing sub with slightly limiting factors (though his are a littler tougher than hers). He can potentially offer three useful functions, which allows a ton of room for utility, though the orbs will be situational and you don't always want affinity. That's a hell of a chain boost though.

Agreed that they could have been more creative. Maybe they thought it would be redundant with Capone's ability? Actually, I would have liked something that would fill empty slots in your party, actually giving you a reason to go with less than a full crew, but that might be difficult to implement.

Smoothie and Oven look solid for F2P units. QCK/PSY/INT is a new combo, though they slightly favor the QCK/PSY end of that. Nice option for Aokiji v2 though, and their switch ability kills resilience.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Actually forget captain action, they could have just made him a dual unit with himself :P

Oh well, maybe they're saving that for V2 Cracker in two years

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I liked the idea of a Big Mom dual unit that was basically Big Mom and Prometheus, Big Mom and Zeus, then all three for the special form. She'll be getting a v2 someday, of course...

Also, unrelated, but when we thought the TM unit was Oven/Daifuku it made sense since they're (part of) triplets, but Oven/Smoothie feels a bit less natural. I'd have preferred Katakuri/Smoothie since then we'd get the Sweet Commanders with Legend Cracker...but I'm sure TM Katakuri is coming someday. I'm not sure we'll get a Snack unit any time soon. He didn't do anything, and we didn't even get a full shot of his appearance...

(Granted, Smoothie didn't do anything either, but...)

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Man, challenge 15 is annoying with v2 WB... If four of those fodders on Tsuru stage start with 1 turn CD, it's all over. Not to mention that I don't have a lot of v2 WB friends with the right sockets since he's still new.

Edit:
Uggg... I came so close yet so far... This is with level 3 matching orbs. This slot is fucking incredible sometimes...

Edit 2:
I did it! I had to move some units around and plan out my specials so that I go into the last stage with matching orbs + WB special. It was actually pretty easy and guaranteed once I got to Kuma stage with the right ones not at 1 turn.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Guess there's not a lot going on right now. Post-anni fatigue I suppose. Will probably tackle Garp 15 today just to finish it.

We should have the TM in global... Friday I think? Announcement tonight I bet, in time for the new Sugo Banner. Need to see boosted units but I doubt I'll pull on this banner, save it for the next TM.

Oh but we should have a new FN, so that's... something, at least.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting Wanda/Mansherry sockets but mostly just letting my stamina go to waste, not a ton to do right now.

Trying to decide if I want to do two multis for Higuma. I'll have 80 stones but he also seems like kind of a lousy unit. Still trying to figure out what route I want to take post anniversary. Go into save mode or just pull for boosters every TM to make them more tolerable.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Garp 15 done. Used this team, beat it on the first try following it. Very safe if you have Enel+ and RayV2. About half the stages were just stalling and healing, even a bit on the last stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4VCjfqj5q4

EDIT to avoid a double post.

Me: TM is too long! Make it 4 days
Bandai: Fine, but now it starts at reset o'clock, and on a weekend. Enjoy spring ahead
Me: *Shocked Pikachu face*

So yeah, gonna be interesting. 4 Days is nice and I believe the sweet spot, but.... it start so late for me on EST that even staying up, I won't burn through 200 stamina. Means I start off wasting about half a day sleeping, and then the weekends generally I'm busy with things.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Rainbowed Colo Raizo because why not. Finally got to use a WBv2 team, which was fun. Log Ace is going to prove to be worth the extra pulls, I can already tell.

Otherwise I've been making use of these Garp Challenge stages for sockets as well. Wanda and Mansherry are done, moving on to socketing Legend Brook and I guess RR Kinemon even though he's useless.

Trying to decide if I want to do two multis for Higuma. I'll have 80 stones but he also seems like kind of a lousy unit. Still trying to figure out what route I want to take post anniversary. Go into save mode or just pull for boosters every TM to make them more tolerable.

I think he's an interesting unit, the fixed damage combined with barrier ignore is kind of unique, though I'm not sure if any actual usages exist. Despair and resilience are nice too. I wish his CD was a bit lower, if only so I could use him on turtle teams. Obviously the main draw is to have him as a point booster, but I'll be glad to have him beyond that.

Will build TM teams after the pulls, hopefully I'll snag Ace or Mihawk as well. The boosted list seems heavier on FN units than usual, which is something I've seen them doing more in JPN as well. Also joining in on the "Brook was robbed" chants, he doesn't get the boost that WB and Big Mom get. I actually have an extra Big Mom so I could potentially evolve it and get the boosts from both 6 and 6+, but she's probably better left unevolved in case of a low cost challenge or something.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I didn't have much time to play much last week end but Global has had a bit of downtime anyway. Been on max stamina until today. I've been pretty unlucky with WCI Pedro books so far, really hoped to get a decent amount since the Chopperman missions don't reward any.

Trying to focus on JP today since it's the last day for both Garp challenges and also the Support Raid Judge. I'm up to stage 7 for Garp but this one is a pain, there's a cost restriction of 50 and most teams either use an unevolved V2 Kata or RR Chiffon (such an amazing unit) as captain. I could use the Chiffon/Colo Neptune team but I don't currently have the right support yet. And I won't be able to complete the 40 runs for Support Raid Judge alas, I'm merely at 9, the orbs RNG is killing me even with this safe V2 Kata team. Support content is so hard to farm but that's what people asked for.

Looks like TM Shanks will land on Friday night/Saturday morning which is ok. TM Smoothie/Oven starts tomorrow on JP so they'll overlap for 2 days but that's manageable.
The points booster list is out for TM Shanks, Garp is a 1.2x booster at least so that's a nice surprise, thought Bandai wouldn't boost him at all.

V2 WB is actually 1.5x so that's pretty nice. On the other hand 6* Big Mom and Brook are just 1.35x and their batch is even lower at 1.2x. Then again there are so many boosted from the anni sugo. I'm a bit surprised to see Shiki at 1.5x!

I own quite a few boosted legends so I shouldn't struggle for leads in this TM, I'm more worried about dealing with atk down and paralysis, there doesn't seem to be many options. In any case, can't wait to get my hands on TM Shanks, absolutely fantastic unit, very low cooldown, double special activation and he gives matching orbs 90% of the time, just perfect for speed farming and tougher content. He's also a decent TM lead!

I liked the idea of a Big Mom dual unit that was basically Big Mom and Prometheus, Big Mom and Zeus, then all three for the special form. She'll be getting a v2 someday, of course...

Also, unrelated, but when we thought the TM unit was Oven/Daifuku it made sense since they're (part of) triplets, but Oven/Smoothie feels a bit less natural. I'd have preferred Katakuri/Smoothie since then we'd get the Sweet Commanders with Legend Cracker...but I'm sure TM Katakuri is coming someday. I'm not sure we'll get a Snack unit any time soon. He didn't do anything, and we didn't even get a full shot of his appearance...

(Granted, Smoothie didn't do anything either, but...)

I like your idea for V2 legend Big Mom! She's definitely coming indeed, maybe for 5th anni on JP. She's getting a raid version next week too it seems. Agreed about the Charlotte kids, I think Oda has just completely forgotten about Snack at this point in time and if he ever shows up, it will probably be disappointing.

Garp 15 done. Used this team, beat it on the first try following it. Very safe if you have Enel+ and RayV2. About half the stages were just stalling and healing, even a bit on the last stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4VCjfqj5q4

EDIT to avoid a double post.

Me: TM is too long! Make it 4 days
Bandai: Fine, but now it starts at reset o'clock, and on a weekend. Enjoy spring ahead
Me: *Shocked Pikachu face*

So yeah, gonna be interesting. 4 Days is nice and I believe the sweet spot, but.... it start so late for me on EST that even staying up, I won't burn through 200 stamina. Means I start off wasting about half a day sleeping, and then the weekends generally I'm busy with things.

Grats on beating stage 15! I completed stage 14 with Warco, went fairly smoothly, going to wait until after the TM to try stage 15, there's no real rush.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I have like non of the boosted RR units for the upcoming TM and also missing TM Enel - welp.
Only good thing is that i was demoted so the TM stages will be easier anyway....stilla bummer.

Ill do one multi on the first TM Banner and hope to get at least 2-3 new units.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Okay decided I'll pull for Higuma. Not because he seems good, not because I think I'll be desperate for points, but because it will be really funny to have a super evolved Higuma

Congtats BN, well played

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
How hard are the special encounters on the Treasure Map ? Do you have to bring a real team or you can do it with any random team of point boosters ?

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Good luck to everyone who's pulling on this sugo! No new batch, Snakeman/V2 Kata in a few months time, this sugo definitely is a hard pass for me. Capone and Carrot sugos soon will be the real baits but I'm going to try keep my gems usage to a minimum until the next big sugo, hopefully I'll have saved 600 gems by then.

How hard are the special encounters on the Treasure Map ? Do you have to bring a real team or you can do it with any random team of point boosters ?

If you mean the ambushes like Shanks in the upcoming TM, it depends on your league. It should be trivial in East Blue and Grand Line but in New World, you definitely can't bring a random team. It's as hard, sometimes even harder than the final boss but it also gives more points. So you want to build the strongest possible team with the highest point multiplier you can afford. Good news is you can use those units once again afterwards against the mini-bosses or the final boss!

Here's what you need to prepare for in case you encounter Shanks in New World league :
Shanks
  • Stage 1: Special Cooldown of Slasher and Free Spirit units will be reduced by 5
  • Stage 2: Chain Multiplier will be locked by 1.5x for 6 turns, so it is recommended to bring someone that can remove that debuff as it will be tough to stall it out since Shanks is the next stage
  • Stage 3 Shanks:
    • Will preemptively paralyze your team for 3 turns and rewind your Captain's special by 2 turns.
    • Will have an interrupt mechanic after his 2nd turn where he makes STR, DEX and QCK orbs count as bad orbs for 6 turns.
    • After death he will revive for 25% health, ENRAGE(1.5x ATK) for 5 turns and will also have a 5 turn resilience buff.

Basically you want to burst in one turn, you want someone who can remove 3 turns of paralysis, you need a team that doesn't rely on captains specials and you need something to deal with the 5 turns resilience after his revive.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Okay decided I'll pull for Higuma. Not because he seems good, not because I think I'll be desperate for points, but because it will be really funny to have a super evolved Higuma

Congtats BN, well played

Yeah, that's part of the appeal. Plus as a 5+ he'll be near the top of your unit list, for all time. :P

(I'll be happy to see him there, unlike those Celestial Dragons. Sold those jerks)

Here's what you need to prepare for in case you encounter Shanks in New World league :

Basically you want to burst in one turn, you want someone who can remove 3 turns of paralysis, you need a team that doesn't rely on captains specials and you need something to deal with the 5 turns resilience after his revive.

Sounds like enraged Big Mom plus Higuma will be enough, at least early on. Can probably stuff the rest of the team with point boosters.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that was, bar none, the worst two multis I've ever seen

Story strawhats, v2 strawhats, cp9 and wb batches. Good lord.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I got Higuma, RR Kizaru, and nothing else of note. :P I was actually surprised at the rates for Ace and Mihawk until I realized they don't have 4* versions.

Higuma's skull drop rate is pretty generous. Finished it already. Was expecting it to take a few days like Germa and Enel's islands, so I guess I can go back to the Seducing Woods or do Helmeppo tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that was, bar none, the worst two multis I've ever seen

Story strawhats, v2 strawhats, cp9 and wb batches. Good lord.
Yeah, no kidding. I did two multis for Higuma, hoping to get Strawberry along the way since he was boosted. Instead I got Log Luffy, Log Nami, bunch of story strawhats, 2 Bellemeres, 2 Neptunes, and some other unimpactful garbage. Only redeeming pull was a dupe V2 Shanks on the 2nd multi to be used on the ranking missions we never seem to get anymore.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wow - did 1 multi....didnt get a single new or TM boosted units.
Here i thought i could get 2-3 new units because i skipped Anni Banner lol.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
If you mean the ambushes like Shanks in the upcoming TM, it depends on your league. It should be trivial in East Blue and Grand Line but in New World, you definitely can't bring a random team. It's as hard, sometimes even harder than the final boss but it also gives more points. So you want to build the strongest possible team with the highest point multiplier you can afford. Good news is you can use those units once again afterwards against the mini-bosses or the final boss!

Thanks for the details ! I'm on Grand Line so i'll be probably fine, i just need a special to through resilience or removes it