• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow - did 1 multi....didnt get a single new or TM boosted units.
Here i thought i could get 2-3 new units because i skipped Anni Banner lol.

why would you do that?

i am one of the guys that had a so-so anni compard to how much gems i spent, but to not pull on one of the best banners we ever got and then throw gems at this tm sugo..why?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
why would you do that?

i am one of the guys that had a so-so anni compard to how much gems i spent, but to not pull on one of the best banners we ever got and then throw gems at this tm sugo..why?
I would have pulled if I had been playing ....was just too busy and I forgot playing the game and when I logged in again I realized the banner has been gone gone for like 2 days already.

It's a bummer but can't change the past.

For this banner i was at least looking to get some of the boosted RR units...no luck though.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Got baited. DId a 30gem multi, filled up the pokedex with unevolved copies, but only walked away with QCK Viola. A good unit, and one I've wanted, but nothing spectacular and nothing for the TM.

Higuma is TM only, right? So if I have no plans to pull again this TM, is it worth the 5 box space to keep his skulls?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got baited. DId a 30gem multi, filled up the pokedex with unevolved copies, but only walked away with QCK Viola. A good unit, and one I've wanted, but nothing spectacular and nothing for the TM.

Higuma is TM only, right? So if I have no plans to pull again this TM, is it worth the 5 box space to keep his skulls?
he never came back on japan so i suppose not?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
he never came back on japan so i suppose not?

Makes sense. Won't waste the stamina then on the skulls. I did get 2 (thanks buggy) from my first run. *shrug*

Oh, and looked at my units. Turns out I got 3 new units, not 1 -- QCK Pedro and INT Dream Chaser Robin. Not units I'll ever use but it's feels better to go 3/11 instead of 1/11. And I got some more good sockets (Amande is now 1 away from being rainbowed)

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
The sugo does give the usual "Units may return in the future" notice, so it's always possible Higuma might return. I wouldn't wait for it though. The only example we have so far of boosters returning is the Zoro and Robin boosters returning for a Strawhat-focused sugo. Plus if Higuma does return his island probably will too.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
5 stamina: 3 skulls with Buggy
10: Skull
15: Skull

....alright then

Edit: woof, Helmeppo seems really bad. Guess I'll just get my gems and pokedex entry and bounce

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: woof, Helmeppo seems really bad. Guess I'll just get my gems and pokedex entry and bounce

We got this so late. I looked up youtube videos and it's all JPN stuff with teams like RaidHawk, RaidDoffy, and other year 1-2 things. There was a QCK team with Cav leading and BOA as a sub. BOA!

I just loaded up an Enel+ team, healers and Lawv1, and went to town on the Chaos stages. Underground and the first wave is all buggyable. But hey! Free gems, and I need it

Oct 25, 2017
Team building for this TM is such a pain in the ass.

edit: I think this might be my optimal team organization. There's so much crap you need to take into account for this TM and the scarcity of ATK down reducers doesn't help.

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TM Smoothie/Oven is going fairly smoothly so far! Probably one of the easier TMs in recent times. On paper, the final boss duo, Kata + Big Mom, inflicts some nasty effects if you don't kill them both in the same turn. In reality, they just die when you sneeze at them so you just need a 4 turns rainbow shield remover.

Here are my teams. They all work pretty well so far. The Galette team is a bit annoying because most guides didn't mention that on stage 6, Brulee gives like 8 turns of despair and 10 turns of special bind... Just makes it so much slower to stall through that with Snakeman. I'm glad I get to use V2 Sanji as a captain, it's been a while since he's last been boosted.

On global, all the CMs for Seducing Woods are done and completed colo Helmeppo once for the rewards. I'll focus on farming Mansherry/Wanda stage, didn't realise that my FN Wanda only had 2 skill ups and I'll definitely use her as a paralysis remover for TM Shanks.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
My crews for tm, I got a lot of point boosters but my Ben Beckman team worries me since I need to have a tm dex mihawk friend captain. I will probably have to change it up once tm starts. This is going to be an annoying tm.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
We got this so late. I looked up youtube videos and it's all JPN stuff with teams like RaidHawk, RaidDoffy, and other year 1-2 things. There was a QCK team with Cav leading and BOA as a sub. BOA!
I went and checked out his number placement to get some context and, man

he's pre V1 Sanji

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Made my teams and it's gonna be rough goings. We'll see how it goes with points. Fully boosted but nothing amazing...

Also, isn't this the TM we get the "idle" cruise? 5 hours=50k points but it's better than wasting stamina

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is "idle" cruise?

It's on JPN. I don't know much because I barely use it, so someone else can clarify. But it's part of Treasure Map, where you can stop playing TM for a set amount of time depending on your that you have left (so max 5 hours I think), and it will collect points for you. When you come back and stop it for however-long (say 5 hours), you get the stamina back along with points up to 50k.

I think the way stamina works is you won't regenerate during that time, but can only get points up to max. So if you have 80 TM stamina, you can only collect 40k points. Someone who plays it more can explain it better

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
It's on JPN. I don't know much because I barely use it, so someone else can clarify. But it's part of Treasure Map, where you can stop playing TM for a set amount of time depending on your that you have left (so max 5 hours I think), and it will collect points for you. When you come back and stop it for however-long (say 5 hours), you get the stamina back along with points up to 50k.

I think the way stamina works is you won't regenerate during that time, but can only get points up to max. So if you have 80 TM stamina, you can only collect 40k points. Someone who plays it more can explain it better
Interesting, seems like it would help out if you don't have time to play. Thanks for the info.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Made my teams and it's gonna be rough goings. We'll see how it goes with points. Fully boosted but nothing amazing...

Also, isn't this the TM we get the "idle" cruise? 5 hours=50k points but it's better than wasting stamina

Yup I think you're right, the auto-adventure feature was added with Shanks or maybe it was Boa the following month. I actually never used it so I can't really comment on how it works. I really should try it out though since I sometimes skip a full day worth of stamina.

Smoothie/Oven are already rainbowed, that was my main goal! Currently sitting at 1.5M points, hopefully I can reach 3M by the end of the TM for the extra legend. Tomorrow is the last day to farm JP before TM Shanks starts.

I still haven't prepared my TM Shanks teams but I reckon I'll need to run some non boosted units to deal with atk down and paralysis.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think we'll get the autosail thing because we have 3 minute stamina refill

a trade I will gladly take

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Good point actually and 3 mins stamina refill is definitely much better.

Ohhh CYO sugo coming on Global, voting for legends has started on FB. Top 5 will be featured. It's been a while since the last CYO, it was right after Lace debut sugo in September right?

Predictions for top 5 :

1) V2G4
2) Warco
3) Big Mom
4) Katakuri V1
5) Luffy/Ace

No LRR this time it seems.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Good point actually and 3 mins stamina refill is definitely much better.

Ohhh CYO sugo coming on Global, voting for legends has started on FB. Top 5 will be featured. It's been a while since the last CYO, it was right after Lace debut sugo in September right?

Predictions for top 5 :

1) V2G4
2) Warco
3) Big Mom
4) Katakuri V1
5) Luffy/Ace

No LRR this time it seems.
Bummer, last CYO is the only reason I have any LRR at all

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, CYO. Not pulling. I'm done pulling for a bit, need to recoup my gems and start saving again for something I want, like Carrot or Snakeman

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Alright got my exp to the point that I'll probably level up after draining my TM stamina

Now we play the waiting game

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone pull the new mihawk? I need to add you if so....... please?

also revised my teams HERE

The beckman fight seems to be way easier going in with big mom.

vs. Ben Beckman

Stage 6: Just let BM kill Beckman in rampage mode over time.

Stage 7: Pop Vivi so all your orbs get sealed. Use Sanji and let BM do the rest. This team will consistently clear Beckman until ~5.8M HP.

Afterwards swap out Sanji for RR Cracker and don't use Vivi. Now simply pass the following turns until one or preferably both BMs have one matching orb. Then use Cracker and let her do the rest. I would suggest using the BM ship for an increased matching orb rate.

via reddit

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Woof at that Beckman fight. Stage six has silence, attack down, and a 4000 damage DoT? We have exactly two attack down reducers boosted and they're both limited RRs. Not to mention that you need to reduce silence to even be able to use them, and both of the more common silence reducers here (Legend Garp, Log Ace) want to be used in stage 7. The other option is to wait out the debuffs, but then you get the DoT...screwed each way. I've got a WBv2 team that should work provided I can take enough damage, which should be doable with the stat boost from Shanks and TM in general...but I'm worried about later sea levels.

Anyway, this is what I came up with. Very worried about many things here. That being said, I do like my Yasopp team since I actually get to properly use Chainmail Zoro's captain ability. Also my Roux team is some galaxy brain shit and I can't really tell how much damage it'll do even with the damage calculator...I'll just have to see. I can always target him on the map.

Oct 25, 2017
Woof at that Beckman fight. Stage six has silence, attack down, and a 4000 damage DoT? We have exactly two attack down reducers boosted and they're both limited RRs. Not to mention that you need to reduce silence to even be able to use them, and both of the more common silence reducers here (Legend Garp, Log Ace) want to be used in stage 7. The other option is to wait out the debuffs, but then you get the DoT...screwed each way. I've got a WBv2 team that should work provided I can take enough damage, which should be doable with the stat boost from Shanks and TM in general...but I'm worried about later sea levels.

Yeah, this Beckman fight was pretty clearly intended to be a double legend Garp showcase when it debuted in Japan. With Garp however, the only available ATK down reducer is TMRR Ace. Can't use Ganfor since he's a striker. I have to imagine with Garp being a 1.5x HP booster stalling was still a viable option. Japan at least had Corazon boosted, who I'm pretty certain is owned by more people than Ganfor or Ace so team building was a bit more forgivable. I'll be using a V2 WB team simply because it gives me 6.64x multiplier. If all else fails I can default back to a Garp team but I'd only get half as many points.

I have a feeling people looking for TMRR Mihawk friends are going to be in for a rude awakening. Most people who have him will likely be using him as a sub and the only way to see him on your friends list is if they have him assigned as their captain on whatever active team they're using. This TM might be a bit of a shit show for some people.

My only concern right now is stalling properly against Shanks without Big Mom going beserk and kill the fodder I'm trying to stall on.

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I actually wonder for these rare TM characters how many copies actually exist in the playerbase. Like, a couple thousand maybe??

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ok, just opened my 1.75m gold ticket and this happened :

WaE8QJT.jpg

Pretty darn sweet! Wish I had the V2 Rangers now but didn't pull on their sugo. Should make this TM a bit faster at least! :)

Need to make my TM Shanks teams now, cutting it close. I have V2 WB, Ganfor and Garp but no Big Mom so not quite sure which team I'll run for Beckman and Shanks yet.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
OK, so far so good. Turns out damage resistance reduces end of turn damage as well (probably should have known that), so thanks to WBv2's innate damage reduction, tanking against Beckman is much easier. With the stat boost from the Shanks fight, I should be good for quite a while.

The rest of my teams are working fine (though I adjusted my Roux team to be led by TM WB, which made it much simpler). Big Mom absolutely wrecks the Mihawk stage with the right subs, though I'm sure it was built that way. Brook can also block Ace's orb unfavorability (use it the prior turn, same strat as Colo Ray, just wasn't sure if two turns was sufficient), so he works well for that fight.

Yeah, this Beckman fight was pretty clearly intended to be a double legend Garp showcase when it debuted in Japan. With Garp however, the only available ATK down reducer is TMRR Ace. Can't use Ganfor since he's a striker. I have to imagine with Garp being a 1.5x HP booster stalling was still a viable option. Japan at least had Corazon boosted, who I'm pretty certain is owned by more people than Ganfor or Ace so team building was a bit more forgivable. I'll be using a V2 WB team simply because it gives me 6.64x multiplier. If all else fails I can default back to a Garp team but I'd only get half as many points.

I actually didn't even think of getting two silence reducers with double Garp, probably because I never really considered using Garp as a captain. :P But yeah, we were worried that they'd forget to boost Garp for Global's TM, but even though they did we didn't get the proper supporting cast.

And yeah, if I get to higher levels in the 30+ range and my current team won't cut it, I'll just find an unboosted unit or two to use. Having two WBv2s and Log Ace is a solid base for the multiplier, it can survive unboosted units at that point.

I actually wonder for these rare TM characters how many copies actually exist in the playerbase. Like, a couple thousand maybe??

Well, I've been doing two multis per TM sugo since TM Kizaru and I've gotten the rarer booster two times (Beckman and Bell Luffy). I think they usually sit around a 1-2% chance. Add that to the fact that few of them actually work well as captains past early levels, and yeah, they aren't going to show up much on your friends list.

As a side note, Booster Beckman has been vital for me in 3-4 TMs so far (including this one), absolutely got my gems worth there. Too bad Bandai's starting to phase the older ones out. I totally get it (the list is unwieldy enough already), but I kind of wish the ones with specials tied to TM would always be boosted, since they're way less useful elsewhere.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
500k ticket: V2 Trebol, last one I needed to rainbow him so hooray.

This definitely feels like the most technical TM so far. So far so good, slowly adjusting teams. The only major gripe I have is how godamn slow Shanks' little rock smashing animation is. COME ON MAN I GOT STUFF TO DO

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
This is... a tough Tm. Might need to remake teams. And I'm so far behind in rankings! Yikes!

Bonus though: 500k was RR Cracker, the only one of the batch I didn't get on the anniversary!

mi1es

Nov 7, 2017
Good ol' east blue is making this TM a breeze. Sad that I missed last months but I can't complain about tapping mindlessly and getting over x9 pts with every fight.

The hard part is deciding what to do with my tickets. I would go for Enel but I'm sure he won't be on the shop until next month. The only other TM characters I have are Ace and Big Mom.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Unfortunately, I didn't have as much time as I hoped to play today, had to let sailing stamina go to waste. It's going well so far otherwise with these teams. Not the most optimal ones, on every team there are at least 1 or 2 units with the wrong classes/types and I reckon I'll start to struggle sooner than later. But can't beat these points multipliers, it's going very fast so far, already past 2M points thanks to landing on bento box almost every run.

I didnt' expect us to get guaranteed ambush bird, that's an amazing change! On the other hand, the rankings are a carnage as I feared. Just hoping to stay in top 2k but that might require a lot of efforts.

Also I had forgotten how annoying the mobs on Mihawk stage are, had to switch to Big Mom FC to try make it faster. Thanksfully V2 Raid BB has barrier penetration. I'm prioritizing Mihawk and Yasopp on the map but usually can't beat both if you try to go through the rainbow road. My Yasopp team is pretty rough but so far FC Shiki special is enough for the boss stage.

I'm happy I get to use the new V2 WB team, it's actually working fine for Beckman and Shanks, Log Ace and Brook sure are MVP!

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
2 million was 3D2Y Nami so whatever
3 million was a dupe Judge but it's my first dupe Judge so I'm cool with that

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TM ended on JP, 3M red ticket was dupe V1 Akainu but I can't complain after getting Sanji/Judge, still beaming about that. Ended with 4.3M, my highest tally.

Next TM unit seems to be... Weevil aka Whitebeard Jr? That would be out of left field and all sorts of amazing.

Bummer, last CYO is the only reason I have any LRR at all

Yup same. In the end, I ended up with LRR Kizaru whom I never used. Mind you, I wouldn't pull even if this CYO had LRR, too early after anni and too many great units on the horizon. I'm grateful for extra filler sugos, the more they delay Snakeman/V2 Kata, the more gems we'll have by then!

Good ol' east blue is making this TM a breeze. Sad that I missed last months but I can't complain about tapping mindlessly and getting over x9 pts with every fight.

The hard part is deciding what to do with my tickets. I would go for Enel but I'm sure he won't be on the shop until next month. The only other TM characters I have are Ace and Big Mom.

Since you already have Big Mom, I think saving for Enel next month would be a good idea, can't stress enough how useful a unit he is. That being said if you can afford another TM character, G4, Sabo, Whitebeard and Jack are all pretty good and fill different niches. As usual it depends on your box and most used teams.

Boy, Shanks really hates that rock.

Might be one of those fabled Rocks they keep mentionning in the manga!

I also find it pretty funny that Shanks display Zoro-level sense of direction, just trying to get to our ship.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Not sure what's going on but my 5 mil ticket was a new legend again, Mr Absolute Justice V2 himself!! No idea how much I'll use him as a leader because I suck at this game but at least he'll make a great sub for V2 Shanks!

Possibly my best TM ticket pulls ever, guess it's Bandai trying to balance out my anni luck.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I think with the way people are earning points, they could add a select legend pool ticket to what... 10mil? That'd be a lot more appealing

3mil was Fujiv2 dupe again, should have 5mil shortly

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I think with the way people are earning points, they could add a select legend pool ticket to what... 10mil? That'd be a lot more appealing

3mil was Fujiv2 dupe again, should have 5mil shortly

I was thinking that aswell, we're not even half way through the TM and a lot of people have already reached the 5 million mark. I'd take an extra red ticket at 10m, I'd even take extra rewards like socket tomes, orbs, LB potions every half a million really. Most people trying to maintain a certain rank will farm anyway.

The 5M deadline makes sense on JP where you have to do 40-50 runs with boosted units to get there. On Global we're earning so much more points. Then again I guess Bandai can't be too generous with free rewards because "balance".

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
5mil was LawV2. Cool, didnt get like 5 dupes of him during the anni....

Currently 5mil is around 2900 points. I'm overflowed with normal and TM stamina, keep hitting those stupid refills which I shouldn't complain about since it's saving me gems. What's the cutoff for another free pull in rankings for new world? I keep forgetting to check before starting a new round

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
The first red ticket is for top 4k, the second one is for top 500. I'm currently rank 1575 with 6.5m points so it seems like quite a few people stop after 5m as usual. Though we are not even halfway.

Been farming Colo Neko with my normal stamina, just noticed his LB was out and he's a pretty decent unit. Especially since Striker and Powerhouse will be dominant in a few months time. Leeching of Big Mom 6+ with Lucy, she makes the runs much easier.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
5mil was LawV2. Cool, didnt get like 5 dupes of him during the anni....

Currently 5mil is around 2900 points. I'm overflowed with normal and TM stamina, keep hitting those stupid refills which I shouldn't complain about since it's saving me gems. What's the cutoff for another free pull in rankings for new world? I keep forgetting to check before starting a new round

that's my aim, I'm at 2400 or so right now but I plan to slow way down

Oct 25, 2017
My pulls were a dupe Garp and a dupe V1 Lucci, who I had forgotten even existed in this game. Even with his 6+, he has not aged well in this game in the least. People rag on Boa and Sengoku but I've seen them used more often than V1 Lucci. This also got me thinking as to whether or not we'll ever see a 6+ Log Luffy. If it hasn't happened yet, I'm beginning to think it never will.