• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I've got 160k. I decided if I ever drop below 100k, I'll start selling legend dupes again, but...I'm not really expecting that to happen.
I've been getting looser with my points, buying the discount socket books every month and exclusively buying evolution materials. I've been keeping 1 of each type and 3 of each rainbow and it feels so good. I haven't had to farm since they added it. Missing a crab and a dragon? Why, I can spare 300 points for that!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to about 170 RP myself, after buying some skulls recently because I couldn't be bothered to farm them. I guess I should start saving Legends for the eventual support skill? I'm wondering if I'll waste the... 50k I think, to get a legend pull like JPN had in the ray shop. 10 legends for a probably Sengoku would hurt....

I've been getting looser with my points, buying the discount socket books every month and exclusively buying evolution materials. I've been keeping 1 of each type and 3 of each rainbow and it feels so good. I haven't had to farm since they added it. Missing a crab and a dragon? Why, I can spare 300 points for that!
I do that every now and then as well, especially with rainbow ones

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Red ticket was dupe Zoro, can't complain though, 2 new legends out of 3. I did sell him to the slave shop because my Legend Zoro isn't limit broken.

I've been living the (wasteful) life too since I got more than 100k RP, buying yellow robber penguin and stuff because I couldn't be bothered farming them. Rayleigh's expanded inventory was actually a pretty great QoL change.

I just got to about 170 RP myself, after buying some skulls recently because I couldn't be bothered to farm them. I guess I should start saving Legends for the eventual support skill? I'm wondering if I'll waste the... 50k I think, to get a legend pull like JPN had in the ray shop. 10 legends for a probably Sengoku would hurt....

I'm not sure we'll get that deal, it was some kind of New Year celebration "gift" (if you consider turning 50K into 5K a gift). We'll see when we get the Snakeman/V2 Kata update I guess.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I got Kizaru, who is new for me. Forgot this guy even had a super evolution. Finally I can use one of my ten skulls in stock!

Oct 25, 2017
My legend pull was a dupe Kizaru. Knowing that he could have been a pretty good legend if they had only given him double special on his limit break really bums me out. As he is now, he only pairs with himself and gets no more than 2 consecutive rounds of respectable captain ability multiplier. It was funny because people assumed this was the case after they waited so long to give him a limit break. Such a wasted opportunity.

I finished rank 1138. I kinda wanted to finish top 1k only because you get 5x instead of 3x tablets but my work schedule was hellish during the entire duration of the TM. Feels bad.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lrr are once again in the pool in the cyo sugo..think i'm gonna pull..the question is "how much"

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
lrr are once again in the pool in the cyo sugo..think i'm gonna pull..the question is "how much"
I saw that, Bonney especially. I went from not pulling to "well, maybe a single multi couldnt hurt" real fast. Plus I need 4/5 of the boosted legends, almost guaranteeing I get the 1/5, if any

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw that, Bonney especially. I went from not pulling to "well, maybe a single multi couldnt hurt" real fast. Plus I need 4/5 of the boosted legends, almost guaranteeing I get the 1/5, if any
i have 2 out of 5 of the boosted legends and 1 out of all the lrr boosted

not being x2 legend rate hurts though

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Adding LRR makes the sugo more tempting but the LRR selected pool is pretty disappointing imo. No Doffy (especially since the Shooter meta is arriving on Global very soon and he just makes most Shooter teams that much better), no Koala, no Killer. Bonney is the main prize from that pool and while she's amazing, Free Spirit decline already has started. Coming from the last CYO where we could vote for the top 5 LRR aswell, I don't think like how Bandai handled this one.

And yeah, no 2x legends rate.... I'd probably pull if I had enough for 10 multis and owned 0 or just 1 of the 5 guaranteed legends.

Anyway good luck to everyone pulling! :)

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta see the rates first, but this might get me to do one multi.

I only have three LRRs (Doffy, Akainu, Coby) and two of them are in there, though, which is annoying.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait for rates as well. I have 3/5 of thr legends and 2/7 of the LRR

Still a chance every LRR is in the pool I guess. Really missing Doffy and Koala there

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
First time in a while I'm letting my stamina sit. Got a bit burnt out on the TM, and there's nothing worth farming now (already did 3 0-stamina Kinemon runs. There's a F2P + buggy teamon reddit if you have STR Diamante).

Probably will do a single multi and just hope for the best

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I'll probably be pulling tonight for LRR Bonney. She's easily one of my most wanted units and helps out a ton of my teams, V2 Sanji, Luffy/Ace, and V2 Akainu. I'd love to get LRR Koala as well but I'm not going to put too much hope in pulling a non-boosted unit. It helps that I pulled 2 V2G4s during the anni so I won't have to save up for the next big gem sink which will presumably be Snakeman and V2 Katakuri event. I don't have Big Mom or Warco so I wouldn't mind pulling either of those but why on earth is Katakuri a boosted legend in this sugo? Someone needs to have a talk with these Facebook users. Nami or V2 Sabo would have been such a better choice.

0 Stamina Neo-Kinemon still gives good drops if you feel like investing the time to do it. It's a pretty quick and easy 150 HP and ATK CC if you have LRR Leo. My stamina bar has been double filled for two days since there's not much to do otherwise. You can't really call them fortnights anymore when they all last 3 weeks. I do still have 3 Garp challenges left and the Big Mom forest to do but I haven't touched them out of laziness.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Found a quick and safe (well, as safe as it gets) team for Raid Big Mom with double Snakeman and abusing V2 Doffy and V2 Kata as subs. Funny how Bandai tried very hard to counter V2 Kata again with the heal debuff and it's worked to some extent, he's being relegated to the role of super sub. She's 3 skill ups off being maxed, hopefully I can get them tomorrow. Wasted too much stamina because I keep hitting misses on stage 4. -__-

Yeah, I think I'll probably be pulling tonight for LRR Bonney. She's easily one of my most wanted units and helps out a ton of my teams, V2 Sanji, Luffy/Ace, and V2 Akainu. I'd love to get LRR Koala as well but I'm not going to put too much hope in pulling a non-boosted unit. It helps that I pulled 2 V2G4s during the anni so I won't have to save up for the next big gem sink which will presumably be Snakeman and V2 Katakuri event. I don't have Big Mom or Warco so I wouldn't mind pulling either of those but why on earth is Katakuri a boosted legend in this sugo? Someone needs to have a talk with these Facebook users. Nami or V2 Sabo would have been such a better choice.

I blame the character's incredible popularity. There were so many more deserving legends. On top of the two you mentionned, Luffy/Ace probably deserved that top 5 spot the most, V2 Shanks and V2 Whitebeard aswell should have had more votes.

0 Stamina Neo-Kinemon still gives good drops if you feel like investing the time to do it. It's a pretty quick and easy 150 HP and ATK CC if you have LRR Leo. My stamina bar has been double filled for two days since there's not much to do otherwise. You can't really call them fortnights anymore when they all last 3 weeks. I do still have 3 Garp challenges left and the Big Mom forest to do but I haven't touched them out of laziness.

Was debating going through those again or not. It was such a chore back then since I don't have LRR Leo, had to use Raid Barto captain and refresh for FC Leo. I really didn't want to use that team again. Thought I could breeze through using unevolved V2 WB or V2 Shanks but got destroyed lol. Gutted that I had to resort to a zombie team still after all this time. In the end I went for FC Buggy + Story Hannyabal, that first completion was as bad as I remembered it, I can't believe the animations were reset. Buggy duped 1 Forbidden tome, +50 ATK CC and +50 HP CC so it was definitely worth it in the end though.

Wait until the FNs last a whole month. Can tell Bandai are trying to switch their focus to other types of content. I still have Garp challenge 15 and Big Mom forest aswell.
I did spend my stamina on the permanent raids though, rainbowed quite of them now, even Monster Chopper! Surprised Kizaru isn't part of the permanent ones, he's one of the more useful older raid units.

Good luck to everyone pulling tonight, hope you get Bonney and some rate boosted legends!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
30 gems spent and....

f200390bbf4769279a0161f031ef3fac76a508d52ba12cbf8b698da24745eca0.jpg

No LRR, no Legend, not even a new RR unit

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Meh..... Bandai paired Ambush Sengoku with Chaos Coliseum Niwatori. This is going to be very very hard. Niwatori is a pain, Big Mom works well enough for that dungeon but then she's completely countered by Sengoku.

30 gems spent and....

No LRR, no Legend, not even a new RR unit

Oh well, at least it was a discounted multi and you didn't go all out.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One multi got me LRR Tashigi and Moria, and one legend which turned out to be V1 Akainu. That last one I wish it was V2 instead, but for 30 gems I don't think that's a bad haul.

Oct 25, 2017
So I might have turned into a baby whale and did 6 multis this sugo. Didn't get Bonney or Koala but got some other interesting stuff. My LRR pulls were Akainu (dupe), Coby (dupe), Kizaru (horribly outdated), Urouge (long since powercrept), Tashigi, and Moria. The only legends I pulled were the guaranteed ones, the first of which was Warco! I wouldn't have kept going but pulling Warco encouraged me to push my luck. Other legend was a dupe Shira. Shouldn't have gone that hard in hindsight but at least I didn't walk away empty handed.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
One multi - all trash/dupes - except the final poster which turned in STR Brook WCI.

Well...could be worse, at least a new unit i guess lol.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Congrats to people who pulled something new, commiserations to the unlucky ones. Seems rough overall, the in-game rates for the boosted units were a bit on the lower side. I've always had terrible luck on CYO sugos in the past so this one was an easy skip.

There are quite a few sugos coming up before Snakeman/V2 Katakuri (French Anniversary in July/August?). If you can't buy gems, ideally you'd like to save 450 gems by then. Schedule in the next few months should look like this :

1) Next week/End of March : V2 Jinbe sugo (good batch, tricky legend to use)
2) Mid-April : TM Boa sugo (no new legend, just TM boosters)
3) Third week of April : possibly Franky/V1 Sanji sugo to celebrate their 6+ but Global might just skip that.
4) End of April : Capone sugo (great legend with fun mechanics, also Chiffon batch, the best RR to pull for in the upcoming months, she works as a captain in some tough Support content) AKA the first big "trap" probably, I think Global will drop a 2x legend rate on this one, like they did for V2 Doffy.
5) Mid-May : TM Law/Zephyr sugo (weaker V2 Doffy for Shooter, ok batch, leeches well off Capone and 2nd best Shooter lead)
6) End of May/Start of June : Sulong Carrot sugo (everyone's favourite rabbit, the most hyped legend before Snakeman/V2 Kata, kinda restrictive teambuilding but fills a good niche as best speedrun lead, good batch) AKA the second big "trap", another 2x legend rate possibly or some enticing pull structure.
7) Mid-June : TM Nami sugo (no new legend, just TM boosters, maybe Cavendish on 3rd multi to celebrate his 6+)
8) Start of July : Surprise Sugo, Global first legend with no batch, maybe Dual Inu/Neko, maybe finally Chopper legend, something to drain our gems stock before the big one.
9) Mid-July : Snakeman/V2 Katakuri, probably French Anni, 3x legend rates, great pull structure, guaranteed Snakeman for 410/450 gems, best chance to pull Carrot, Capone and other recent legends.

I'd like to add that the content released after Snakeman/V2 Katakuri is getting harder and harder, especially anything support-related. And as cool as Sulong Carrot is, she struggles in a lot of tougher content because she has access to a limited pool of units. She doesn't get to ride the upcoming Driven/Powerhouse hype trains, she doesn't boost them so at most she's a 2x lead for those units. Obviously she can't be used for longer content with a lot of pre-emptives like Garp Challenges. I think Snakeman is worth every single gem (if he is guaranteed) because he clears alot of harder content fast enough and safe enough.

I'm looking forward to Global springing on us some surprises though but not sure when they can add those, the schedule seems pretty packed already.

Oh and make sure to clear each Sanji lobster island at least once every day, it's our 3rd free daily gem in the next few days.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
did 4 multi

3 lrr= moria, tashigi,urouge (2 times)

3 legends= dupe v1 akainu, dupe big mom, NEW Warco

i was looking for bonney and coby, but i'm not gonna say no to a Warco

Oct 25, 2017
did 4 multi

3 lrr= moria, tashigi,urouge (2 times)

3 legends= dupe v1 akainu, dupe big mom, NEW Warco

i was looking for bonney and coby, but i'm not gonna say no to a Warco

The Bonney bait was real. At least my Tamago/Sengoku team went from a pinch healing abusing Luffy/Ace team to a meat abusing Warco team. I don't think I'm actually going to farm Invasion Sengoku, rather I have 113 generic absolute almighty manuals and 72 class/rarity specific absolute manuals. I'm not about those 8+ minute invasion battles.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Bonney bait was real. At least my Tamago/Sengoku team went from a pinch healing abusing Luffy/Ace team to a meat abusing Warco team. I don't think I'm actually going to farm Invasion Sengoku, rather I have 113 generic absolute almighty manuals and 72 class/rarity specific absolute manuals. I'm not about those 8+ minute invasion battles.
same here..gonna farm 9 copies (1 for the main one and 8 for the lb abilities), the rest it's almighty

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ohhh Bandai trying hard to make this V2 Jinbe sugo appealing : new guaranteed LRR Hody on 2nd multi, 10th multi will be a guaranteed legend from a select pool, Jinbe will come with +100 ATK CC and max sockets. Not the first time Bandai have beefed up a less anticipated sugo, they are clearly aware of the community expectations. Still won't bite but I appreciate the effort!

Beat Garp challenge 15 with this V1 Katakuri team. Died 5 times at Garp, the first two times because I didn't realise I needed to max out my Katakuri RCV bind limit break, couldn't stall enough on penultimate stage to remove the special bind. The 3 other times I had terrible orb luck on the final burst, no matching orbs on the QCK units.
It probably took longer than it would have with a Warco or a Robin team though but really wanted to use Katakuri for once.

Also tried the manual trove yesterday, turns out I needed Carina and Raizo books, ended up maxing both out. Also ended up with a couple V2 Sanji and Lace books, might come in handy one day. It was pretty easy with double TM Enel but I wouldn't spend gems on it.

First wave of half stamina clashes today, I still need to max out V2 Raid Doffy so I'll work on that. Shame 2x skill up is gone.... Pretty awful timing since we just had another 2x skill up....

Apparently Ambush Sengoku isn't guaranteed? I watched a video of the French version and the wording there is clearer, it said that there was a chance to get ambushed. Then again it could be poor translation, wouldn't be the first time. But the longer ambush period (over 2 weeks) kinda points towards a random ambush chance. As if they needed to make this more painful, farming 9 copies might take 50+ runs...

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hodi would be really good if it didn't need a specific orb ina specific place to basically do the main part of his special

you can stillmake it work, but usability it's not great

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Got bored without much to do so I went looking though my box and who I still needed to evolve for the OPTC-Pokedex. Turns out-- it's a lot! 76 units in total!

Also found 8 dupes I had unevolved copies just hanging around. So I guess I'll work on evolvers for a bit and just evolve them all?

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I really appreciate how transparent they were with the clarification on Sengoku's ambush rates

That's really unusual for this game

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
hodi would be really good if it didn't need a specific orb ina specific place to basically do the main part of his special

you can stillmake it work, but usability it's not great

Yeah he definitely would be one of the best LRRs in the game if his 2.25x orb boost was unconditionnal. As he is, I don't think he's worth spending 80 gems for unless you plan on pulling the V2 Jinbe batch.

Got bored without much to do so I went looking though my box and who I still needed to evolve for the OPTC-Pokedex. Turns out-- it's a lot! 76 units in total!

Also found 8 dupes I had unevolved copies just hanging around. So I guess I'll work on evolvers for a bit and just evolve them all?

Wow that's pretty impressive still! I must be missing double of that. A lot of story units it seems, I really should spend my Friend Points more often...

I really appreciate how transparent they were with the clarification on Sengoku's ambush rates

That's really unusual for this game

Yup it was nice to see. The community was already freaking out about getting the JP treatment.

Might go back to my original plan of grabbing just one copy for TM and then farming Niwatori on Underground because the Chaos version is a chore. It's good to know Sengoku will come at a later date with a 100% rate and most probably after a much easier dungeon.

In other news, spent my stamina farming V2 Doffy, got 30 copies, hopefully it's enough for the 11-12 skill-ups I need.

Might be unpopular but I wish OPTC had another game mode to farm/grind besides TM like in FFBE or Fire Emblem Heroes where they always alternate between week long events to grind. Just 4-5 days per month isn't that much. At one point I thought World Clash would fill that role but seems like it might just be a once a year thing or at most twice a year.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Might be unpopular but I wish OPTC had another game mode to farm/grind besides TM like in FFBE or Fire Emblem Heroes where they always alternate between week long events to grind. Just 4-5 days per month isn't that much. At one point I thought World Clash would fill that role but seems like it might just be a once a year thing or at most twice a year.

Not that unpopular, I wish there was something else to do during these dead weeks. FN's are good for new units/books, and chopperman missions helped, but it's still dead with no new content. Not sure what it would be, but sadly since we're 5-6 months behind JPN, there's nothing on the horizon...

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Not that unpopular, I wish there was something else to do during these dead weeks. FN's are good for new units/books, and chopperman missions helped, but it's still dead with no new content. Not sure what it would be, but sadly since we're 5-6 months behind JPN, there's nothing on the horizon...

Uh huh. It doesn't have to be as "hardcore" as Treasure Map but something to farm once per month during a week for cool rewards would go a long way to attenuate that feeling of boredom.

That way we'd have that new farming mode in the first week of the month followed by a "dead" week (where you farm new FN, raids, coliseums, events). Then TM during the third week and finally another "dead" week again.

I think something like a training tower with 100 floors would be pretty cool. It would get more and more challenging and some floors might have restrictions but nothing impossible. It would give limit break material, lobsters, CC, support tokens, tomes every floor and maybe a 1 gem every 10 fights. It could use up another type of stamina like in some other gacha games, like Tower Orbs, you start with 10 and you get 1 back every hour. On top of the completion rewards, you'd have some kind of rankings ala TM for very dedicated players who are willing to gem to refill.

I'm still holding hope they'll give us something like that partly because the Support ability update didn't have the impact they hoped/expected I think. Overall it's been fairly disappointing. Not only most support abilities are just lazy stat boosts, but the more interesting ones are such an obvious and cheap cashgrab. I think those support units sugofest are just awful and I'm pretty sure they are not good money makers for Bandai going by the playerbase reception. I didn't expect them to come up with completely useless units (terrible stats and specials) outside of their support ability.

Plus they've been extra lazy with the new challenging content they added to take advantage of the support ability system : an alternate version of an old FN, a tougher version of an old raid and a much tougher version of a Garp challenge stage. I thought the introduction of the limit break system was brilliant. Not only did it make older units relevant but it added new interesting mechanics and more importantly it was supported by TM, a good new game mode. This support update so far looks very half baked in comparison and I hope Global will tweak it to make it more exciting or maybe JP will press the panic button.

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube's search filter still being busted (intentionally or not) is really starting to annoy me when searching for team videos.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
beat Niwatori with a suckass Lace team that relied way too much on meat and orb luck

Got invaded on the first clear so I checked out the guide for the team against Sengoku

turns out it relies heavily on meat and orb luck!!

Anyway I died, I'm gonna look for other teams

edit: Got real close with Enel. God this fight sucks so much

edit 2: four more tries, all failures. Love 2 not get any meat orbs with Enel.

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
V2 Zoro and Mihawk revealed. Zoro feels a bit premature with Wano round the corner (especially since It's his Dressrosa outfit again), but Mihawk is welcome.

Haven't been invaded yet. Not sure why they took away 100% chance.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see Slasher come back - Legend Zoro was one of the most disappointing Legends to me.
Also RR Ryuma - nice.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
gotmy first sengoku on my first run..warco makes the invasion easy, but it's lengthy so i still ues the 4 star books to max him..
now i "just" need 8 more copies to max the limit break
Youtube's search filter still being busted (intentionally or not) is really starting to annoy me when searching for team videos.
i have a double warco team,a lace team and an enel team saved..anything you can use?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
gotmy first sengoku on my first run..warco makes the invasion easy, but it's lengthy so i still ues the 4 star books to max him..

i have a double warco team,a lace team and an enel team saved..anything you can use?
What's your Warco team? Is it any quicker and more reliable than the Enel team?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's your Warco team? Is it any quicker and more reliable than the Enel team?
more reliable? sure
faster? maybe but pretty much all the teams i saw are based around stalling on garp before the main boss, that's why i went for using the 4 star books insetad of farming him despite being relatively easy with warco

anyway, the team is double warco, rr bepo, v2 shanks, colo neptune and legend jinbe 6+

shanks might not be entirely necessary if you have some other booster like rr boa...jinbe maybe with bobbin or something?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
more reliable? sure
faster? maybe but pretty much all the teams i saw are based around stalling on garp before the main boss, that's why i went for using the 4 star books insetad of farming him despite being relatively easy with warco

anyway, the team is double warco, rr bepo, v2 shanks, colo neptune and legend jinbe 6+

shanks might not be entirely necessary if you have some other booster like rr boa...jinbe maybe with bobbin or something?
I'm sure I can find a replacement for Shanks. Thanks, I'll give this a shot when my stamina replenishes.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017

What's the lace team you've got?