• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
2x lace
6+ corazon
bobbin
6+ sabo
str marco

https://youtu.be/SivIJb34F5U
Ah, thanks, that's the one I used earlier and it seemed to rely too much on "Hey you better hope you get some meat or you're dead".

I used up some books and put meat up on Law and Magellan so now my Enel team has level 5 heal buff, which is making it way easier though I haven't been ambushed since making that change

edit: For the record Enel team is Enels, Corazon, Magellan, Law 6+, Colo Kid

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, thanks, that's the one I used earlier and it seemed to rely too much on "Hey you better hope you get some meat or you're dead".

I used up some books and put meat up on Law and Magellan so now my Enel team has level 5 heal buff, which is making it way easier though I haven't been ambushed since making that change

edit: For the record Enel team is Enels, Corazon, Magellan, Law 6+, Colo Kid
it's more about having maxed lace's and str marco pinch healing that relying on meat orbs...if you have them maxed and hit your perfects you should outheal garp with a rcv orb here and there

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
it's more about having maxed lace's and str marco pinch healing that relying on meat orbs...if you have them maxed and hit your perfects you should outheal garp with a rcv orb here and there
Mm, yeah, having just gotten Lace he's only got level 1 pinch healing. Marco was maxed but that's just not enough.

On the topic of V2 Zoro and Mihawk, it's a shame artwise that for a series with as many cool scenes as One Piece they just flew past like 90% of them and are stuck in a mire of Dressrosa. Two Zoro legends from the exact same scene is a bit weak.

Edit: aaaand cleared with Enel. Boy that final push against Sengoku with buffed attack is a nailbiter. The extra healing was very helpful if not necessary. Now to favorite him and put a big fat "DO NOT EVOLVE TILL SKILL UP" postit on him

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I wish I'd held off on the CYO Sugo and done two pulls on Jinbe for Hody instead. Though honestly I really wish I'd stuck to the original plan and skipped both for the TM Sugo as usual. Oh well, it was just 30 gems. I think Hody is mostly only "needed" for Jinbe anyway.

Enel 6+ team working well against Chicken Guy, no Sengoku appearances yet though. Definitely just aiming for the "9 copies plus 4* almighty books" plan.

New batch on JPN is very much "Slashers exist!" Agreed that Zoro v2 feels early, especially since early Wano provides plenty of inspiration for a new version of him. Mihawk is fine, it's actually a bit tricky to figure out how to do his v2 since he hasn't really done much since Marineford, so I guess they decided to get more milage out of his Muggy Island outfit. The batch has a cool design (Foes of Zoro) and it's nice to get RRs of Daz and Ryuma.

That being said...it's not necessarily a "make a team of just these guys" batch. Zoro and Mihawk handle attack and orb boosts, but the RRs are largely utility. Hyouzou + Kaku can get you a full board of orbs if you put them in the middle and have Zoro as a sailor or one of your captains, but two character orb control is kind of outdated these days unless they're doing something else as well (which may or may not be the case here). You'll have to get conditional boosts, affinity, tap-timing, etc, elsewhere. Maybe an upcoming colo or TM unit will help there (Gastino is a good option if you're using Hyouzou). Captain-wise, it looks like you either want Zoro+Mihawk or double Mihawk with Zoro as a sailor (and good luck getting those kind of pulls).

Daz almost feels like he'll see more usage on his own since making Block orbs not reduce damage is a pretty unique ability. And Ryuma sadly seems like a unit without a real use since he's partially redundant with either captain and Fuji v2 would rather have TM MIhawk. I suppose he's always an option for midbosses and the like.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah,warco it's pretty ridicolous and will continue to be at least until we reach japan and that rcv debuff they got recently

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wow the JP news came out of nowhere! Well there it is, the much fabled Slasher Revival, just 4 months late. It's been a while since we had a batch headlined by two new legends (V2 admirals maybe?) but the choice of characters couldn't be any more obvious and predictable. Back when Carrot and Raid Arlong released, a lot of people called V2 Mihawk release for New Year. But then Bandai seemingly got sidetracked and just decided to give Powerhouse four incredible leads.

As others said, the timing of this V2 Zoro is a bit baffling, they have delayed him for so long (ok partially because he's been in a cryo chamber since post time-skip) that you'd think they'd wait 3 more months until we reach Wano (5th anni, hello?), where he'll undoubtly get at least one if not two legends. And yeah it's kinda disappointing they had to re-use the art from his one significant fight in Dressrossa. The artwork itself is nice though, so is Mihawk's. Talking about artwork, 5 stars Ryuma looks amazing!

The characters themselves are pretty strong, if not original. They do feel quite "been there, done that" though. V2 Mihawk is pretty much V2 Sanji for slashers, except better because no health restriction to get matching orbs and the condition for his special is much easier to meet. 25% HP cut is better than straight damage in most cases. Looks like RR Rebecca will finally see some play since she can remove Chain Reduction. The upcoming Colo Brook (quite excited about that) might do that aswell.

V2 Zoro Captain Ability is a straight upgrade of 6+ V1 Zoro, which is very weird. He's the safe/tanky slasher lead with a pretty good special, Lucy like. He also works well as a friend captain for V2 Mihawk or just a sub on double V2 Mihawk. Him being an INT type is great to see, automatically makes him better.

Also pretty disappointed that Carrot doesn't work with either since she doesn't boost Free Spirit nor Driven. And she could be an ok sub as a 2x orb booster if it wasn't for the fact she becomes captain aswell upon activating her special... She only fully boosts Mr 1 and Kaku from the new batch. Talk about being sidelined.

Man, I wish I'd held off on the CYO Sugo and done two pulls on Jinbe for Hody instead. Though honestly I really wish I'd stuck to the original plan and skipped both for the TM Sugo as usual. Oh well, it was just 30 gems. I think Hody is mostly only "needed" for Jinbe anyway.

I think you can easily skip this V2 Jinbe sugo yeah, it's only really good if you go all out and do like 10 multis imo and somehow get the whole batch. If it helps, try to focus on the mouthwatering future Capone and Carrot sugos. :p

New batch on JPN is very much "Slashers exist!" Agreed that Zoro v2 feels early, especially since early Wano provides plenty of inspiration for a new version of him. Mihawk is fine, it's actually a bit tricky to figure out how to do his v2 since he hasn't really done much since Marineford, so I guess they decided to get more milage out of his Muggy Island outfit. The batch has a cool design (Foes of Zoro) and it's nice to get RRs of Daz and Ryuma.

That being said...it's not necessarily a "make a team of just these guys" batch. Zoro and Mihawk handle attack and orb boosts, but the RRs are largely utility. Hyouzou + Kaku can get you a full board of orbs if you put them in the middle and have Zoro as a sailor or one of your captains, but two character orb control is kind of outdated these days unless they're doing something else as well (which may or may not be the case here). You'll have to get conditional boosts, affinity, tap-timing, etc, elsewhere. Maybe an upcoming colo or TM unit will help there (Gastino is a good option if you're using Hyouzou). Captain-wise, it looks like you either want Zoro+Mihawk or double Mihawk with Zoro as a sailor (and good luck getting those kind of pulls).

Daz almost feels like he'll see more usage on his own since making Block orbs not reduce damage is a pretty unique ability. And Ryuma sadly seems like a unit without a real use since he's partially redundant with either captain and Fuji v2 would rather have TM MIhawk. I suppose he's always an option for midbosses and the like.

Some pretty good points. About colour affinity, there's finally a use for the recent Colo Smoothie. The upcoming Colo Brook might give us conditionnal boosts or tap timing. I do like the batch but it's definitely not a "all in one" package like V2 Germa batch was. It's mostly a lot of (much needed) utilities as you said. Daz is a bit weird, he has the unique Lafitte effect of making block and badly matching orbs not matter but at the same time he gets rid of block orbs.

Ryuma has the double special LB I think so he can see some use on recent colos, maybe for a burst on stage 3 then another burst one stage 4 before the final stage.

Grats to people who managed to grab their copy of Sengoku, that was pretty quick! I'm running this Korean Warco team, it should work but I have yet to be ambushed. Just done 3 runs though. Downside is Tamago takes ages with this team, some ridiculous stalling and need to make sure to have over 28.8K HP and be on Marco before killing Tamago the first time in the final stage since you need to tank a hit. Apparently Sengoku already has his LB so the pressure of getting 9 copies is real....

Last edited:

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
random considerations about the meta with the new batch

- dex rebecca just became an important unit for the slasher meta, being the only one that can deal with both types of chain debuff for a consistent number of turns

- sanji v2 and mihawk v2 kind of have pros and cons against each other...sanji has more limits given that his special is hpbased, but he can cure himself from the worst debuffs for his style, mihawk can't do that but has none of those limits ..also mihak boosts for x2 while sanji does it for 2.25

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Another Sengoku down. As long as I don't get all 1 turn cooldowns on stage 2 I should be gold.

The main key seems to be stalling on Akainu for as long as possible. Makes it take longer but has been way easier

Edit: also I'm totally jinxing this but my Invasion rate has been like 80%

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another Sengoku down. As long as I don't get all 1 turn cooldowns on stage 2 I should be gold.

The main key seems to be stalling on Akainu for as long as possible. Makes it take longer but has been way easier

Edit: also I'm totally jinxing this but my Invasion rate has been like 80%
i'm only at 50% right now,1 single stamna run and 3 double stamina, 3 sengokus got

EDIT:another double run, no ambush..sonow we are lower than 50%

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Li8OmLcl.jpg

It took 13 Niwatori runs to get my 5 invasions. Got 1 skull drop, it was red (to go along with the seven I already have sitting in my inventory). That sure was a fun adventure in stalling.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I take it you used gold manuals? I've got 20 4* manuals I wanna give a shot first
Yeah, initially I evolved my first copy and then saw that I had something like 32 4* manuals so I skilled up an unevolved copy instead and fed the evolved one. It only really cost me a rainbow dragon so no biggie.

I fully endorse using manuals on Invasion Sengoku. Most teams that aren't V2 Jimbe or Carrot are going to take 8+ minutes to clear and involve an annoying amount of stalling.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Me: Man, running double stamina wasn't a great idea, haven't gotten invaded once
*switches to single run, gets invaded*
Me: *Shocked Pikachu face*

Whatever, I got a copy. That's for TM mostly, I'll use manuals when we get a skillup in two days.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Li8OmLcl.jpg

It took 13 Niwatori runs to get my 5 invasions. Got 1 skull drop, it was red (to go along with the seven I already have sitting in my inventory). That sure was a fun adventure in stalling.

Well done, that's some pretty good luck with the invasion rate! I got invaded twice so far out of 7 runs and I thought I was lucky.

First try at Sengoku ended in failure on stage 4, didn't realise I needed V2 Akainu with max barrier penetration. I looked really dumb trying to deal with the QCK barrier on Sengoku lol. Fortunately I managed to max his LB with 17 tablets, second try went pretty smoothly despite a few mistakes, Warco tankiness is incredible.

Definitely going to use my 10 remaining 4* manuals on Sengoku.

random considerations about the meta with the new batch

- dex rebecca just became an important unit for the slasher meta, being the only one that can deal with both types of chain debuff for a consistent number of turns

- sanji v2 and mihawk v2 kind of have pros and cons against each other...sanji has more limits given that his special is hpbased, but he can cure himself from the worst debuffs for his style, mihawk can't do that but has none of those limits ..also mihak boosts for x2 while sanji does it for 2.25

I think Mihawk would get the 2.25x orb boost more often than not, thanks to his CA, it probably won't be too hard to get 4 DEX/INT orbs. Also helps that quite a few good slasher units for him are DEX, like Rebecca or LRR Pedro. That being said, V2 Sanji is a type boost which is better than an orb boost imo considering how much more common they are. Both have another legend to cover their weakness though : Sanji has DEX Sabo and obviously Mihawk has V2 Zoro.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
ending the day with 16 Tamagos and 7 total Sengokus

with five failed attempts that means I got 12 Sengoku invasions in 16 Tamagos o_O;

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Me: Man, running double stamina wasn't a great idea, haven't gotten invaded once
*switches to single run, gets invaded*
Me: *Shocked Pikachu face*

Whatever, I got a copy. That's for TM mostly, I'll use manuals when we get a skillup in two days.

Hey, this was exactly me. :P Got a Niawtori book and two socket books on the colo drops for that run too, would have been a great one to double.

Oh well, getting the one copy was the important thing, if it takes me a while to LB him that's fine. I have more 4* books than I thought, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting spammed with low level account friend requests lately? This kinda thing usually happens around TMs but it just hasn't stopped.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well done, that's some pretty good luck with the invasion rate! I got invaded twice so far out of 7 runs and I thought I was lucky.

First try at Sengoku ended in failure on stage 4, didn't realise I needed V2 Akainu with max barrier penetration. I looked really dumb trying to deal with the QCK barrier on Sengoku lol. Fortunately I managed to max his LB with 17 tablets, second try went pretty smoothly despite a few mistakes, Warco tankiness is incredible.

Definitely going to use my 10 remaining 4* manuals on Sengoku.

I think Mihawk would get the 2.25x orb boost more often than not, thanks to his CA, it probably won't be too hard to get 4 DEX/INT orbs. Also helps that quite a few good slasher units for him are DEX, like Rebecca or LRR Pedro. That being said, V2 Sanji is a type boost which is better than an orb boost imo considering how much more common they are. Both have another legend to cover their weakness though : Sanji has DEX Sabo and obviously Mihawk has V2 Zoro.
Sabo doesn't work well with v2 sanji because he chains lock and sanji hates that

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Sabo doesn't work well with v2 sanji because he chains lock and sanji hates that

I thought that aswell at first but actually you just need to pop V2 Sabo special first then V2 Sanji and he'll remove the 3.0 chain lock so you'll get both 2.25x boosts without restricting Sanji CA! I use Sabo a lot as a sub for my V2 Sanji team on JP since discovering that.

Talking about "dynamic duos", for the longest time the V2 Shanks + V2 Akainu was the best example, the only one with their double 2.25x boosts. I think it's interesting that since the V2 Kaka/Snakeman sugo, Bandai has given us no less than 3 new legend pairings : V2 Sanji and V2 Sabo for Fighters, Barto/Cavendish and 6+ V1 Doffy (pretty much released at the same time) for Driven and now V2 Zoro and V2 Mihawk for Slashers.

I think it's smart since it really makes people want to pull for 2 legends. And possibly a sign of the changes to the meta they are trying to introduce, with the recent counters to tap-timing and damaging specials. Prior to that a double 2.25x boost was way overkill but nowadays when bosses have can have 15M+ HP and you can't use health cut or V2 Kata or V2 Doffy, suddenly there's a need for that kind of power boost.

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Okay got my nine Sengokus, see you later Chaos Niwatori Imma go be lazy in underground

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
After something like 16 Niwatori runs (not entirely sure since I did a mix of single and double stamina), I got exactly two ambushes...and I lost the second one because the game refused to give me a QCK orb or RCV orbs during the fourth stage. :/

Luckily he's here for a while. And he'll be 100% rate eventually...provided I can find a successful team for whatever he's attached to then. Still, I was kind of hoping to get a blue skull or three, not sit here struggling to just get copies. Will probably have better luck for skulls when I got back to the earlier ambushes for LB copies.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt farm enough for Niwatori, also didnt have a team for sengoku. Did 1 multi last night and got 1 new unit Praline, was hoping for Hatchan. Not sure if I should spend another 50 to get Hody. Anyone else pull?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not pulling -- batch is just OK, but I'll wait for the TM in a week or two and pull then.

Although I did just hit 1500 days and got 20 gems, so the game is tempting me. But the last CYO bummed me out and I'll skip this to at least add new RRs to the pool that I need

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Going to need a time converter just to see if its a decent skill-up rate. Assuming I'm even available for any of the good times. What manner of shit is this?

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao the april fool's skillups sound annoying, I would like to make use of the 3x rate if I can though.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Got my 9 copies of Sengoku, took 16 Niwatori runs or so which is a pretty good invasion rate, happy about that. Warco might be amazingly tanky but exciting he sure is not. Feels like playing an Enel/zombie team.

I'm ready for Spring Halloween! Actually pretty good news to see both Halloween Vivi and Katakuri arriving, great F2P units, they are useful in a few TMs. Highly recommend trying to max them out.

I didnt farm enough for Niwatori, also didnt have a team for sengoku. Did 1 multi last night and got 1 new unit Praline, was hoping for Hatchan. Not sure if I should spend another 50 to get Hody. Anyone else pull?

You might have pulled by now but I don't think it's worth it, just save your gems, you'll definitely get Hatchan and co in another sugo. :p

I was wondering... If i reroll now do i still get anniversary gifts ?

It's probably too late now to get anniversary gifts, it's been a month. Then again I forgot what kind of gifts we got in the mail, I reckon there wasn't anything amazing unless you took part in the Big Mom events at least once.

Going to need a time converter just to see if its a decent skill-up rate. Assuming I'm even available for any of the good times. What manner of shit is this?

Nothing says Aprils fools like waking up at 3 AM to get your skill-up done! My box is filled to the brim, way too many units already (Sengoku, Niwatori, V2 Doffy, Franky) and quite a few more to farm with Judge, Vivi, Katakuri. And the next proper 2x skill-up starts on the 10th of April, no way my box survives until then.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Took a discount multi shot at Warco because I'm a godamn rube idiot.

HOWEVER I eeked out a win with this one by pulling Parline, Caime, Wadamatsuri, and LRR Hody(!!!). Okay bad decision time over, back into head down mode.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Took a discount multi shot at Warco because I'm a godamn rube idiot.

HOWEVER I eeked out a win with this one by pulling Parline, Caime, Wadamatsuri, and LRR Hody(!!!). Okay bad decision time over, back into head down mode.

Grats, that's a nice haul for 30 gems!

For Raid Judge, I farmed him with this Luffy/Ace team on JP. Pretty safe and very big margin for error on the burst turn, can afford to hit a miss in there. Unfortunately I don't have Lace on Global but there are plenty of teams who can farm him : here are 17 teams and another 17. I'll probably try the V2 Doffy team, if it's too risky, I'll run V2 Shanks or Katakuri.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
It's probably too late now to get anniversary gifts, it's been a month. Then again I forgot what kind of gifts we got in the mail, I reckon there wasn't anything amazing unless you took part in the Big Mom events at least once.

I actually gave it a try friday and you still have them ! But yeah the rewards aren't that great so i forgot that idea.

I'm trying to do Raid Cracker for the first time, i died on stage 4 with the 60 STA one, i just hope a defense reducer will be enough next time.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
For Raid Judge im using:

2x Lace
v1Law/TM Kizaru
STR Marco/WCI Brook

Works like a charm.
Stage 4 - Law special, Switch both Luffys to Ace, Kizaru Special, both Ace Specials
Stage 5 - Brook + Marco special and kill

Dont have much time today but i still need to clear Garp Challenge stage 15 - gonna give a God Enel team another try later if im not too tired.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Quickly gave up on running a V2 Doffy team for Judge when I saw that I needed to stall 10+ turns on stage 4, no thank you, I've been using enough Warco and Enel teams over the last few weeks. Been using the Gamewith V1 Katakuri team instead, pretty quick and safe with Zunesha, it's a 2 turns burst on the boss but at least stage 4 is a formality.

Also been farming Colo Brook on Underground on JP, it's fairly fast with a double Snakeman team. Been having terrible luck with skill-ups so far though. I have to admit, I'm disappointed how that unit turned out but I'm sure he'll be key for the next TM, that 100% INT damage reduction will come in handy.

I definitely lucked out. Hody will probably be a pretty good point booster captain for TM.

Also thanks for that Luffy/Ace team. Tried that out and it is wildly easy

3.25x captain for Powerhouse is pretty great for sure! And yup Lace just destroys this raid.

I actually gave it a try friday and you still have them ! But yeah the rewards aren't that great so i forgot that idea.

I'm trying to do Raid Cracker for the first time, i died on stage 4 with the 60 STA one, i just hope a defense reducer will be enough next time.

Oh that's good to know. Why did you want to reroll btw?

Oct 25, 2017
Doing Garp Challenge 14 with Double Perona and the Dutchman got me nearly 1.3M XP, lol.

No sir, I wasn't waiting for the last minute to finish the Garp challenges at all.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Judge raid was interesting. I found an AkainuV1 team that worked great on the first try, then failed. So switched to a Lucy I found, but it failed too, not sure why.

In the end, settled on Enel. Because why not? At least it's reliable.

We get more Garp stuff tomorrow, right? This is a new monthly thing?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Judge raid was interesting. I found an AkainuV1 team that worked great on the first try, then failed. So switched to a Lucy I found, but it failed too, not sure why.

In the end, settled on Enel. Because why not? At least it's reliable.

We get more Garp stuff tomorrow, right? This is a new monthly thing?
Don't think so

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
No sir, I wasn't waiting for the last minute to finish the Garp challenges at all.

LOL, I finished stage 15 with about 45 minutes to spare. At least I had the benefit of a month's worth of teams to comb over.

I actually did stages 11-15 today, which wasn't terrible. Ran a Brook team for 11 (which was fun!) and Enel'd the rest. Really appreciating how useful Shanks/Mihawk can be for Enel teams, even if you never touch their special. Their switch ability can save you from so many bad orb rolls.

Stage 15 took me quite a few tries in the end. I'm surprised at the starting CD variance (Garp stages are 0 stamina, of course, but you can lose a lot of time), stage one and six were the worst (first time I got to the Pacifistas I got 3 or 4 of them at 1CD...and they can bind characters for 20 turns if they attack).

And they really mean no healing in stage 15...I think every enemy is scripted to hit you with 20 turns of bind if you heal. That means like 80-100 turns on the stages with multiple enemies. Thank goodness RCV orbs don't count.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Oh that's good to know. Why did you want to reroll btw?

I kinda felt like i couldn't do anything with that account, my only good lead was Lucy and i was kinda bored by him. But i'll just try harder and take my time with farming the colos/raids i missed, i'll probably be able to do something else with my other legends by then. I don't even wanted top tier legends i just wanted to play something else.

I'm still glad i have Lucy though lol, i can mix him with a lot of legends

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Man I wish they'd done something fun for April Fools and not something exceedingly annoying and messing with an important part of the game

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish they'd done something fun for April Fools and not something exceedingly annoying and messing with an important part of the game

The Usopp Raid years ago was a nice touch. I can't believe we haven't gotten Kinemon-as-Doffy as a joke raid yet, that just seems written to be an April Fools joke.