• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
The Usopp Raid years ago was a nice touch. I can't believe we haven't gotten Kinemon-as-Doffy as a joke raid yet, that just seems written to be an April Fools joke.
That feels like the last time they tried, really. I think the big problem is with April 1st being Usopp's birthday it's become way more of an Usopp celebration in Japan than a joke thing and Global seems kinda resistant to that.

In any case having to feed stuff on the downlow at work because there's only going to be an hour of good skillup is pretty butts

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
It's 3x skill up for the next half hour

Got Sengoku, Niwatori, and Judge all maxed and rainbowed. Got Camie maxed using leftover free spirit manuals and got a few levels on Hody and Praline.

Managed to max Sengoku with just my silver 4* manuals and copies, so I have plenty of gold manuals left over for Linlin.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Meh only caught the last 8 mins of 3x skill-up because of work. Managed to max out Niwatori and Sengoku at least, Judge is a few levels off. The LB + socket animations sure take forever. Tried to feed my V2 Doffy copies on the buzzer, went 0/5 since golden hour had ended.... Dang you pranked me good Bandai. -_____________-

Might need to wake up to feed the extra 50 copies I have when/if 3x skill-up comes back in the last hour...

In other news, the new Dr Hiruluk fortnight/monthly is out on JP and there's a new change (for the worst....) : the dungeon drops 16 different manuals, 3 rare legend ones. Now it would be still acceptable if it dropped just two new batches but instead half of them are years old manuals which already dropped in a previous FN. The whole OG Dressrossa batch (DEX Rebecca, QCK Barto etc), DEX Kinemon, INT Perona... The new ones are Legend Garp, Legend Zephyr, V2 Sanji RR batch (finally) and Zephyr batch.

Judge raid was interesting. I found an AkainuV1 team that worked great on the first try, then failed. So switched to a Lucy I found, but it failed too, not sure why.

In the end, settled on Enel. Because why not? At least it's reliable.

We get more Garp stuff tomorrow, right? This is a new monthly thing?

I think it should arrive after the first week of April or maybe after the TM. Japan got their 2nd Garp challenge a month after the first one but who knows what Global has in store, maybe they'll delay them for another 3 months.

I kinda felt like i couldn't do anything with that account, my only good lead was Lucy and i was kinda bored by him. But i'll just try harder and take my time with farming the colos/raids i missed, i'll probably be able to do something else with my other legends by then. I don't even wanted top tier legends i just wanted to play something else.

I'm still glad i have Lucy though lol, i can mix him with a lot of legends

Fair enough. :)

Lucy might not be the most exciting lead nowadays but he still has a pretty impressive clear rate for sure. And as you said he works well with quite a few more recent legends, he works pretty well with 6+ Big Mom, I think it's even safer as a duo than running double Big Mama. But yeah you should focus on farming coliseums, raids and TM units, it will naturally open up your teambuilding options. This game is pretty generous when it comes to F2P units, one of the main draws imo. :)

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Franky and Sanji 6+ skull island in a couple days, along with a Sugo similar to the Enel one. Sanji on the 2nd pull, Franky on the 5th.

As someone with Sanji and no Franky that is immensely disappointing. I wish they would have just done a part 1/2 thing with either on the second multi.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, wasn't a fan of the ?? Skill ups in the end. I guess I expected the game would actually show the rate ups as they changed, not just go with a ?? label. Not knowing if you got bad luck or fed during a 1.5x time is not fun. I used 15 Niwatoris and went 0/5, 4/5, and 0/5. No clue what the actual rates were at that point.

Luckily I've got plenty of box space, so I can just hold out till the next actual skill up. Still dumb though. Usofest on JPN was a much cooler event.

As someone with Sanji and no Franky that is immensely disappointing.

YUP.

(I guess it's understandable since Franky is still "newer" though)

I guess we're getting these 6+'s early? Some people on Reddit are saying TM Law has stages that are designed with them in mind. Hopefully they'll still be boosted...

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Woke up to take advantage of the second 3x skill-up, ended up maxing out Raid Judge (needed exactly 15 runs so that's perfect, done with CM too), Raid V2 Doffy and Raid Franky so that was "worth it" I guess. Didn't realise both Halloween Vivi and the new FN would be out so early, going to be a tough exercise in stamina management to avoid gems refills. Especially with Franky and Sanji super evo island dropping so soon already....

Franky and Sanji 6+ skull island in a couple days, along with a Sugo similar to the Enel one. Sanji on the 2nd pull, Franky on the 5th.

As someone with Sanji and no Franky that is immensely disappointing. I wish they would have just done a part 1/2 thing with either on the second multi.

I'm in the same boat, I might have spent 80 gems for Franky since I don't own V2G4 and he's a decent bootleg version. It's probably not innocent since Franky is considered the better super evolution and character overall. I wouldn't spend 210 gems to get Franky now though, so this sugo is an easy skip.

Yeah, wasn't a fan of the ?? Skill ups in the end. I guess I expected the game would actually show the rate ups as they changed, not just go with a ?? label. Not knowing if you got bad luck or fed during a 1.5x time is not fun. I used 15 Niwatoris and went 0/5, 4/5, and 0/5. No clue what the actual rates were at that point.

Luckily I've got plenty of box space, so I can just hold out till the next actual skill up. Still dumb though. Usofest on JPN was a much cooler event.

YUP.

(I guess it's understandable since Franky is still "newer" though)

I guess we're getting these 6+'s early? Some people on Reddit are saying TM Law has stages that are designed with them in mind. Hopefully they'll still be boosted...

Yeah Usofest was a better event, I didn't pull but at least I got 4 gems and 4 pulls (well 3 silver but it's free) from that. And yeah we're getting these super evolutions one TM "too early", hopefully it won't come back to bite us like 6+ Corazon early release did. Bandai just need to make sure Sanji and Franky are boosted for TM Law too, should be common sense... I also noticed that they are boosting WC Sabo and Ace for TM Boa, hopefully they are boosted again for TM Nami....

Today on JP, they brought back all the former Neo raids in an interesting format : each of them is limited to one class but there's no time limit nor clear limit. Each of them gives 1 gem too regardless of whether you had completed it before or not. I hadn't farmed any of them besides Neo Boa so I might work on Akainu. Hope they have a similar event in the future on Global, would help newer players to get some useful units!

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, got sick yesterday and missed alllll the skillups. That stinks. So I'll keep farming RaidJudge while he's here and I care, hopefully max him when the next skillup arrives.

And of course we get two FN's together rather than spacing them out... classy Bandai.

Sanjiv1+! I just got him recently so that's exciting, I still have yet to technically use him so I guess he'll be boosted during the TM. But as Kyou said, I need Franky and there's no Part 1/2. I might have dropped 80 to get Franky, but as it is now, skip skip skip

HW Katakuri coming as well, that's fun. Guess we've got about 2 weeks before the TM (around the 12th or 15th is my current guess). Another invasion one, hopefully it's guaranteed again, that was great

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
HW Katakuri coming as well, that's fun. Guess we've got about 2 weeks before the TM (around the 12th or 15th is my current guess). Another invasion one, hopefully it's guaranteed again, that was great
I did notice in the news that Katakuri is boosted in May, not April. So I'm guessing the next Treasure Map will be finished before he shows up.

I'm guessing 11th-15th with Katakuri going up immediately after

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, a FujiV2+ was datamined!
*reads*
Oh no, it sucks!

Seriously, who cares about good/great/perfect leaders, and a special that needs him to be a captain? Just straight up trash, going to have to sell my dupe now. Hopefully FujiV1 will get a good upgrade later one

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, a FujiV2+ was datamined!
*reads*
Oh no, it sucks!

Seriously, who cares about good/great/perfect leaders, and a special that needs him to be a captain? Just straight up trash, going to have to sell my dupe now. Hopefully FujiV1 will get a good upgrade later one
Why still a Go/Gr/P captain
Why only chain lock when he's captain
Why not change block orbs
Why only 2.75x chain lock and not 3 or 3.25
Why before Fuji V1

6ImILaw.gif

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Raid Capone as well, who looks pretty awesome (and finally lays SW Ace to rest). Kind of feels like a while since we had a raid who was just an all-around solid unit as opposed to weird situational ones like Judge and Big Mom.

I'm okay with v2 Fuji's upgrade, though I already liked him more as a captain than the general opinion (admittedly he benefits from Global still being in the pre-Zoro/Mihawk v2 era). It drops his pointless damage increase (he's not good enough to need a weakness), and it gives him chain lock which was absolutely vital for the G/Gr/P turns, so he's less beholden to TM Mihawk now.

On the other hand, it's not like needing to bring along TM Mihawk was bad (since you got 2x orbs and a good burst), and he's still mediocre as a sub (I wish the chain lock wasn't captain-only, it's not like Slashers don't already have options there). I think one more slight boost somewhere would have helped.

He's still a solid captain, and bringing PSY Oars along makes use of his delay. He's just one of those 6+s that feels like, "Hey, here's what you can use if you didn't pull the shiny new class legend."

(Totally confused why he came before v1 Fuji though. V1's still solid, but not quite on the level of people like Marco and Shirahoshi who are still waiting for theirs)

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
RIP 6+ V2 Fuji 04/2019 - 04/2019
Even the artwork is uninspired.
They couldn't even give him a decent sailor ability, like make INT orbs matching for slashers.

Perfect timing to release him and make him relevant again with the Slasher Revival AND the Reverie arc starting. But no, who am I kidding with Wano on the horizon and most likely 3-4 Slasher legends? Gotta save those juicy captain abilities and specials for later. I suspect that's also why V2 Zoro is just a straight upgrade of 6+ V1 Zoro, Bandai already has a V3 Zoro lined up with something more exciting. I reckon we'll have to wait a long time for V1 Fuji, there might be a window to release him in the next few weeks but we'll see.

Another reason why 6+ Log Luffy can only turn out disappointing, the Good/Great/Perfect thing is so iconic and specific to these legends, their super evolution would have to keep that playstyle but nowadays ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm digging the new Raid Capone though, 3x captain for shooters and 2x atk boost? That's a pretty sweet F2P unit. As a Zephyr owner without Legend Capone, I'll gladly take it!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
6+ Fuji's art is one of those weird situations where it's from a really cool, dramatic scene, but not one that translates that well to "card art," so to speak. Strawhat Robin using the "I want to live" scene is kind of the same situation.

I do hope they pull v1's 6+ from Reverie though. Anything to avoid even more Dressrosa.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
6+ Fuji's art is one of those weird situations where it's from a really cool, dramatic scene, but not one that translates that well to "card art," so to speak. Strawhat Robin using the "I want to live" scene is kind of the same situation.

I do hope they pull v1's 6+ from Reverie though. Anything to avoid even more Dressrosa.

Yup that was one of the coolest scenes for Fujitora in the manga but it doesn't have the same impact with the pose and the composition alone.

I only discovered a few days ago that Whole Cake Island arc had finished in the anime (I only read the manga) but that makes me very excited for the units to be released in the next few months in OPTC! I think Reverie arc is just amazing in terms of world building, catching up with old characters and introducing new ones. I honestly cannot wait to see what they have in store for us.

Depending on how much time the anime spends on this upcoming arc, it wouldn't be unlikely that we get 3-4 meaty batches with very hype units.
I have plenty of speculations for 5th anniversary and beyond but I don't know what the rules/guidelines are when it comes to anime/manga spoilers in this thread.

I'll probably put everything in spoiler tag but I can't wait to ramble about that topic when I have time lol.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I want a Rebecca, Shirahoshi, and Vivi triple unit from Reverie

giphy.gif

CA : Turns into "Leaders of the Free World" Boost crew attack by 4.25, boost crew attack by a further 1.25 with Rainbow Orbs, heal back 90% health after each turn, reduces incoming damage by 80% if this unit doesn't attack, 50% otherwise. Reduces crew attack by 99% if Sanji is in the crew

Special : Turn all orbs into Rainbow Orbs, lock orbs for 3 turns, locks chain to 3.5, boost orbs, atk and colour affinity by 2.5, heal to full, remove all negative buffs

Switch ability : remove silence, paralysis, despair, bind entirely, give matching orbs to adjacent units

Bandai should hire me to design units.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Ended up with 30 Judges. For a unit that I can't really find a use for, and that apparently only needs his captain ability for the TM, that should be plenty.

It was fun to use a Big Mom team that wasn't just "Rampage and forget" though. Also I've already gotten a ton of usage out of TM Shanks. Deceptively good unit.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Just sitting in this Buggy FN, waiting for update o'clock to finish so I'll have completely overfilled stamina for the skull islands

Speaking of the Buggy fn, I'm not even through my 20 runs and I maxed Buggy and Cabaji?? What useless luck

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ohhh looks like we're getting two different skull islands on Global, that's a great QOL change! Was pretty frustrating to do 40 runs to get 19 Franky skulls and 4 Sanji skulls.

Ended up with 30 Judges. For a unit that I can't really find a use for, and that apparently only needs his captain ability for the TM, that should be plenty.

It was fun to use a Big Mom team that wasn't just "Rampage and forget" though. Also I've already gotten a ton of usage out of TM Shanks. Deceptively good unit.

Yeah TM Shanks is just always useful and he can be used in so many teams, probably top 3 TM units in the game for me.

Farmed about 25 copies of HW Vivi, that should be enough to max her out. Started working on Buggy FN, unfortunately leveled up today but at least I should be done with Chopperman missions soon. Then 3-4 days of farming the skull islands should be enough.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Skull drop rate seems decent so far on the new islands. Plus you can get two drops per run from the looks of it (both Sanji and Franky can drop skulls).

I found an all-legend PSY Aokiji team on Reddit that destroys the island. Three Sanji skulls already...

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I'm tempted to put money on this Sugo just to get Legend Sanji since he's garanteed.

Yeah i'll probably do that...

Edit : bought 2 packs with a Legend garanteed, got a dupe Shanks & Garp. 1st multi gave me a dupe Cavendish, 2nd multi got me Keimi, Aladdin with Sanji.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Found an Enel team that's pretty safe for all this. Focusing on Sanji first since he's the one I have. Did my first three runs and one got 1 skull from the 50 stamina. Thankfully there's 5 days to farm this and plenty of time for the other things too.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Found an Enel team that's pretty safe for all this. Focusing on Sanji first since he's the one I have. Did my first three runs and one got 1 skull from the 50 stamina. Thankfully there's 5 days to farm this and plenty of time for the other things too.
I've done 10 runs between both islands and I've only gotten 2 skulls. :(

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Sanji last night(got a double drop but it was unfortunately skull #5 and 6...)

Just gonna take my time doing Franky

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Running this V2 Sabo team, happy I get to use him as a lead to farm something! It works pretty well but only got 2 Sanji skulls so far out of 9 runs, might take longer than expected. Shame there's no Chopperman missions to speed this up.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
So is 6+ Sanji gonna see more use? I think Raid Fujitora is literally the only time I've ever used him as a captain and that was content designed for him

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
So is 6+ Sanji gonna see more use? I think Raid Fujitora is literally the only time I've ever used him as a captain and that was content designed for him

Yup he's still a more niche unit but he can clear a lot more content thanks to his super evolution. In example, he was one of the few captains who could clear the recent notoriously hard Raid Big Mom or Coliseum Katakuri. I never used him prior to his 6+ and I used him a few times since then (in TMs and Raid Big Mom). He's no Enel 6+ but he pairs up well with recent stronger captains, being a rainbow captain himself with Fighter/Powerhouse classes.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
6+ sanji's biggest perk is that he actually has some reason to be used as a sub now, decent support unit.

Evolved my Franky today, 3/5 on Sanji skulls so far.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Woo got Franky done. Two double drops and a single, perfect

Now to start the long arduous process of figuring out if any of these Sanjis or Frankies need skill ups

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
LOL, apparently Raid Capone comes with 15 turns of ATK Down. Hope everyone pulled for LRR World, I know I didn't. :P

Sanji is evolved, 3/5 on Franky skulls (for a unit I don't have). Also I have all the Sanji and Franky RRs maxed already so these books are useless. Hopefully I'll get the last two soon, don't want to be running this any more than I have to.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
20 runs of Buggy done, did all the Type Quests missions, did the Karasumaru missions and even finally finished Big Mom forest

....*twiddles thumbs*

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Oh dear that stage 3 on Raid Capone is nasty, even with the right team setup, the quick target switching required is evil. Pretty much breaks or makes your run.

20 runs of Buggy done, did all the Type Quests missions, did the Karasumaru missions and even finally finished Big Mom forest

....*twiddles thumbs*

You can run mine with your insane luck. <__<
I still need 3 Franky skulls, took me 18 runs to evolve my Sanji...

LOL, apparently Raid Capone comes with 15 turns of ATK Down. Hope everyone pulled for LRR World, I know I didn't. :P

Sanji is evolved, 3/5 on Franky skulls (for a unit I don't have). Also I have all the Sanji and Franky RRs maxed already so these books are useless. Hopefully I'll get the last two soon, don't want to be running this any more than I have to.

Yeah I'm not sure it's possible to beat stage 5 "properly", 15 turns atk down, 3 perfect barrier, 5 turns rainbow shield and 5 turns blue shield. There are many teams who can clear it so far but most of them just burst on stage 4 and abuse V2 Doffy with 6+ V1 Law or Magellan or Enel.

I'm using a 6+ Big Mom team with Colo Enel, Raid Zoro, V1 6+ Law and V2 Doffy. Disappointingly there's no Chopperman missions for this new raid.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Done with Sanji and Franky 6+ versions.

Working towards optimizing my Franky teams only to realize again that I can't use Ray v2 on him...such a bummer.

Using LAce, WCI Carott and WCI Chopper but having trouble filling the final spot with a Dex Sailor. Not a lot good options. Might just use Corazon.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Skulls done. Also I hate that this island once again gives 6+ skill books that don't stack with the 6* ones. That's six more inventory slots occupied until I pull Franky.

In pro-inventory space news, the next LB batch is coming, which will let me get rid of a few RRs that have been in my box for a while, like Raizo and Timeskip Usopp (plus raid Duval). No luck for the eight colo Shiryus though.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Franky's skulls done, which should solidify me never pulling him.

Agreed new LB batch isn't great. Is that Legend Ace I see? Thought he had his already, not that it matters.

Most worringly, I see RR Neptune is boosted in the April TM. That's just... dangerous. I know it's only one match (maybe two if you use him on the Boa invasion) but still.

....*twiddles thumbs*
Honestly, this is why I'm doing double stamina runs for Buggy and Vivi. It takes a bit longer timewise, but there's nothing else to do. Vivi is one away from maxed and the others are all done for the most part. Didn't do the type quest missions though... they don't give gems, right?

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Finally got my 5 Franky's skulls too, took quite longer than expected. Ran the Buggy FN a few times, I need a few more skillbooks, especially V2G4's. Worst case scenario I'll use them on the guaranteed Snakeman.

Finally got Franky's skulls done, which should solidify me never pulling him.

Agreed new LB batch isn't great. Is that Legend Ace I see? Thought he had his already, not that it matters.

Most worringly, I see RR Neptune is boosted in the April TM. That's just... dangerous. I know it's only one match (maybe two if you use him on the Boa invasion) but still.

Honestly, this is why I'm doing double stamina runs for Buggy and Vivi. It takes a bit longer timewise, but there's nothing else to do. Vivi is one away from maxed and the others are all done for the most part. Didn't do the type quest missions though... they don't give gems, right?

Yup it's legends Ace and Kizaru in the LB batch. Nothing exciting indeed. Shame it's not Raidleigh's time yet but soon enough...

And I don't think the type CMs give any gems, just some characters.

I'm bummed about the 6+ Big Mom I'm using to farm Raid Capone, failed 4 of the last 6 runs on stage 3 because of Semla and orbs RNG. That randomness really is her downfall, makes her unreliable. It's so hard to stall properly 11 turns before stage 3 while making sure to not be in enrage mode for that stage.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
No gems, just lots and lots of characters for 5-10stamina.

Most are good for sockets, like Kid, Law, ect

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like TM sugos are datamined. TM is 4 days again, should run from reset on the night of the 12th for four days. So starting over the weekend, which stinks. Still, might go 2 multis into the Part 1 for guaranteed Moria. End of turn damage is always good, and I might pick up a new legend along the way which would be great

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like TM sugos are datamined. TM is 4 days again, should run from reset on the night of the 12th for four days. So starting over the weekend, which stinks. Still, might go 2 multis into the Part 1 for guaranteed Moria. End of turn damage is always good, and I might pick up a new legend along the way which would be great

Yeah, not a fan of the weekend TM's, curious to see the trusty characters, might have to pick up the Moria at least, to help with points. Finally got my sanji and franky skulls. Now I need to socket both of them. Took about 40 runs for 12 skulls lol.