• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Me: I'm not gonna grind to get over 1500 just for a gem
Also Me: *grinds*

Ended up at 1490 so phewwwwww barely made it. Sweet sweet gem gonna come in handy.

Skipping TM Nami for Kaido.... Kind of upset, Nami does a lot of useful things, but mostly this means we're skipping Legend Carrot who looked like a lot of fun. It'll be interesting to see how Global handles the blitz battle. If it's random again like in JPN there's going to be a lot of salt going around.

It also means my shiny new G4v2 is gonna have to get upgraded immediately since he'll be boosted in the event and TM. I probably would have anyway but I barely get any use of him.

We should get supports with Kaido though, so that's cool!

EDIT: Since I'm overflowed with normal stamina, I'm farming the 3 Z colo bosses today. All have LB that I never got (Hell, Binz isn't even evolved...) so it's something to do at least

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Dang 6+ Big Mom is nuts

I'm just autoing Underground Ryuma by letting her enrage

Edit: well that didn't last long, maxed Ryuma in 5 double stamina runs. He dropped every run and also three book drops?? What is this madness

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, also focusing on missed colo limit breaks...Ain and Binz are done, gonna do Zephyr soon. Should probably finish Oven while he's on 1/2 stamina too.

Also: My WBv2 is one slot bind point away from rainbow. I went like 1 for 7 on those tablets from this TM. I want the shiny pretty rainbow border... :/

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for reminding me to get LB stuff for the film Z crew

Interesting Sugo coming up, only Franky and newer in the legend pool with tons of discount multis. Also apparently a lottery island

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Lottery island is pure luck. Beat five islands in any order, and that's you're "entry". Most will do 12345 so try anything but that and hope for the best.

Finished the movie colos, didn't take much since they were 1/2 stamina. Actually spending time refilling my evolvers. I like to keep 3-5 of each one on hand, because, especially now, dropprates stink. 5 runs and not a single green lobster!

Also, that sugo is... tempting. I think I'll do a 30 on it since it has so many legends I need, but I doubt I'll go too hard. Honestly, I did want Carrot, but pulling for a new legend on their banner never works out, so we'll see when I pull again. Maybe for Judge/Sanji

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I'm baffled they are releasing V2 Kata/Snakeman sugo 1-2 months earlier, it's nuts that they went out of their way to swap around 2 months of content for this. V2 Kata vs Snakeman was perfect as a meta event for French Anni. Means in July/August we'll either get Sanji/Judge and the V2 Germa kids (which launched with their crystal skulls island and ship) OR Carrot and Inu/Neku in a Furries sugofest. They'll have to come up with something new for that.

There was a tiny tiny chance that they would release Carrot next week and Snakeman/V2 Kata end of may but with the lottery event and a bait sugo already datamined, that ship has sailed.

I'm currently sitting on 474 gems so I should be fine but not having a shot at Carrot and her batch in the pool sucks. Also this might just be a 2x legend rate while French Anni could be 2.5x or 3x legend rate. I really don't want to pull now and again 2 months later during French Anni. But regardless I'll go for the guaranteed Snakeman because he's key to complete any content released from now on until Luffy/Law hits at the end of the year.

So, uh...Kaido's next. That means Snakeman vs Katakuri, Colo Smoothie, Invasion Linlin, and Support function, assuming we get it all. That's probably related to the mystery event announced tomorrow night.

That also means a delay on Carrot, for those interested in her. Also means we won't have as much time to save up for guaranteed Snakeman, if it works the same way here. Glad I've been saving a bit.

Invasion Linlin is incredible but I'm not looking forward to farming her again. I'll probably just dump a tons of gold manuals on her. Forgot about the Support system coming with this batch. I hope they implement it better than on JP. I've said it in the past, I'm not a fan of Support on JP, the bonuses are boring and the gains so minimal in most cases. It actually makes crew building slower and clunkier. It's just annoying when you want to switch and add a certain character but you can't until you remove them as a support from another character.

V2 Katakuri is in a weird spot for me. Like he seems cool and all, but ever since his release it feels like nearly all the content was designed specifically to kneecap him. It's V2 Doffy all over again

I pulled V2 Katakuri on his debut sugo and after a few months of using him, I have very mixed thoughts about him. He'll be pretty "broken" for a month, a month and half and he can still destroy some content here and there but he's definitely been getting the hard counter treatment in very creative ways. Aside from that my main grips are :

1) He's extremely slow. Yes he's very safe and yes his special is very powerful but it's aggravating when you have to stall so many more turns to nuke the final stages. You don't have to max out his special charge of course but you still have to do some quick maths mid run to hit the treshold to get enough damage. Then again if you love beating every content with 6+ Enel, V2 Kata has a similar flow, just faster and much more powerful.

2) He's a colour affinity captain, the first of his kind. It's great but it means some content with multiple colours are pretty rough for him

3) Teambuilding is a pain. A lot of great subs for him like TM Nami (for Kizuna Battle Zoro/Sanji) or 6+ Corazon (for Invasion Linlin) are not boosted at all. He's strong enough to carry one or two deadweights in his crew in easier content. But for very tough content, there are so many units that you can't really use.

That being said he's Katakuri so I'm sure a lot of people will go hard for him.

Skipping TM Nami for Kaido.... Kind of upset, Nami does a lot of useful things, but mostly this means we're skipping Legend Carrot who looked like a lot of fun. It'll be interesting to see how Global handles the blitz battle. If it's random again like in JPN there's going to be a lot of salt going around.

Yeah TM Nami is such a good F2P unit, top 3 TM units in the game imo while Kaido is just garbage let's be honest. Not having Nami for the next TM will be pretty annoying too.

And surely there's no way that the meta event V2 Kata vs Snakeman is random like it was on JP, half the playerbase got shafted for no reason and there was just bitterness all around. I remember people on V2 Katakuri team barely took part to the event, every round they got trashed so it was pretty deflating.

In other news, finally beat Chaos Coliseum Oven with this Warco team. WC Ace and WC Sabo sure are perfect for him. Forgot so many units have great LBs now, maxed out Raid Rayleigh and Invasion Garp. Might work on the Z Colo units if I have time.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have enough gems right now for the guaranteed Snakeman.

I might just save for French Anni at this point.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
And surely there's no way that the meta event V2 Kata vs Snakeman is random like it was on JP, half the playerbase got shafted for no reason and there was just bitterness all around. I remember people on V2 Katakuri team barely took part to the event, every round they got trashed so it was pretty deflating.

Hi, you must be new here. Let me introduce you to Bandai, the company where the schedule's made up and the salt doesn't matter

In seriousness, I know they make some decent changes in global, but... idk how they'll do this event if you get to choose, it'll still be one sided only people will choose how it goes? No, I fully expect i t to be random again and full of lots of (well deserved) griping

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Did a 30 gems multi on part 3, got dupe V2 Rayleigh and new V2 Law. Not what I hoped for but at least it's a 2nd new legend for anni, no V2 Germa kid alas. Will save my remaining gems for the 18th when all 3 parts come back and will do 1 discounted multi on each part.

I don't have enough gems right now for the guaranteed Snakeman.

I might just save for French Anni at this point.

There's a slim chance Snakeman might be guaranteed earlier, wishful thinking maybe but that would be sweet! But yeah if there's no guaranteed Snakeman this sugo, I'll just wait an extra month or so for French Anni.

Auto Tap coming to Extra Island could result in me actually spending some stamina from time to time.

Best news from this patch hands down, can't wait to auto farm turtles for exp! :D

Hi, you must be new here. Let me introduce you to Bandai, the company where the schedule's made up and the salt doesn't matter

In seriousness, I know they make some decent changes in global, but... idk how they'll do this event if you get to choose, it'll still be one sided only people will choose how it goes? No, I fully expect i t to be random again and full of lots of (well deserved) griping

It's the hope that hurts T_T

Yeah maybe I'm trusting too much Global. I think they could alleviate the issues if they reduced the disparity in rewards between both sides, make it so "everyone kinda wins" at the end. Like you can give 3 red tickets to the winning side if the losing side gets 2.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Question: How many runs in Shells Town does it take to drop 1 cola?

Answer: I dont know and I'm LOSING MY MIND

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand why they're REMOVING the story missions

I guess they just don't want to worry about breaking them in future updates?

Oct 25, 2017
SW Ace. Barf.

At least I rainbowed my Warco, I guess.

I would have so many more rainbowed legends if 90% of them didn't need slot bind reduction tablets.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Woooo got a new legend, Buggy! Finally! Probably my most wanted old legend with Blackbeard!

*pours one for Haruta* Goodnight sweet prince~

I used Haruta for so long till I got my Buggy. He'll put in good work for you. Make sure to grab those RRs that boost tap-damage (Vday Carrot, STR Kyros, DEX Lucci to name a few)

My brother. SW Ace pulls represent.

Not that I care, I got 2 new legends (Kizaru/G4v2) so I am not at all complaining. I will probably do a 30 on this mini-sugo since I need 6/8 boosted legends and about half boosted RRs. Not having to save for snakeman feels good :)

AND! I finally got the cola AND Giamon to drop! It just took forever. Those were my last ones to get for gems, so done and never looking back

Oct 27, 2017
Got a dupe Law (V1 or V2, whichever the QCK one is, I forgot). I guess maybe I could find some use for him with the support system coming.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Doing a discount pull 1) because I'm bored right now and 2) I want to encourage this "No old legends" thing

10 pull! First one is red! It's... Garp! Fuck! Oh well I got Gotti and Binz so it's not a total bust

Plus 1 is... RED?! AND IT'S NAMI!! :OOO Fuck yes!

edit: Had a ton of books and decided to try my luck without the skill up. First five went.. 4/5 and maxed her?! what the fuck is going on??

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did three pulls for the heck of it because I'm bored too and I'm not worried about trying to go for Snakeman now.

I got one legend on the guaranteed for the third multi...which turned out to be G4 v2...who I already have.

*sigh*

Edit: Did three more pulls for the heck of it and got three more legends... Aokiji v2 and 2 Big Mom's! Not entirely sure what to do with the dupe Big Mom, but after this I'm done spending for the time being.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on all the good pulls!

I did three multis and overall happy I did.

Multi1: 2 new RRs (PSY Hatchan and PSY Camie) and a second LEGEND G4v2! That's G4 and Snakman down, holy hell!
Multi2: Dupe legend Garp
Multi3: 1 new RR (Charlotte Praline) and a guaranteed LEGEND SABOv2!

Originally I was only going to do the first discounted, but getting G4v2 #2 means I have no reason to pull on Snakeman, so I figured I'd see how rates were. The second one hurt but I was already close to a guaranteed legend, and getting a new SaboV2 is just cool. I don't know much about him but this really gave me some good units (and RRs), so I won't need to really pull for a while, outside of TM things probably.

Also mini-rant, but goddamn Marigold. I've pulled her since she came out time and time again (3 times this sugo), but STILL no Sandersonia. I don't even NEED them anymore for my "dream" Neko team but wtf.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Congrats on all the good pulls!

I did three multis and overall happy I did.

Multi1: 2 new RRs (PSY Hatchan and PSY Camie) and a second LEGEND G4v2! That's G4 and Snakman down, holy hell!
Multi2: Dupe legend Garp
Multi3: 1 new RR (Charlotte Praline) and a guaranteed LEGEND SABOv2!

Originally I was only going to do the first discounted, but getting G4v2 #2 means I have no reason to pull on Snakeman, so I figured I'd see how rates were. The second one hurt but I was already close to a guaranteed legend, and getting a new SaboV2 is just cool. I don't know much about him but this really gave me some good units (and RRs), so I won't need to really pull for a while, outside of TM things probably.

Also mini-rant, but goddamn Marigold. I've pulled her since she came out time and time again (3 times this sugo), but STILL no Sandersonia. I don't even NEED them anymore for my "dream" Neko team but wtf.

Congrats ! i'm very tempted to pull now...

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Wow this sugo was actually insane for me.

I went 6 multis deep since the guaranteed legend was actually really valuable here.

5 new legends: Shiki, G4v2, Zephyr, Tesoro, Capone and 1 dupe Garp. I got like all of the qck legends lmao. The last 2 multis resulted in mostly dupes plus the guaranteed Garp so that kind of sucked but I more than made up for it with the first 4 multis. This is my new favorite type of sugo now lol.

Edit: If you have the gems, I'd say this is a worthwhile sugo to pull but at the end of the day it's still RNG. If you absolutely are set on getting guaranteed Snakeman, then that's what you should do.

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Grats to everyone who pulled good stuff! It's nice to see Bandai try a new format that is actually favourable to the players. Hopefully they'll have more of those in the future.
Looking forward to using V2 Sabo more often as a lead with so many of you guys pulling him!

I'll skip this one since I only really need V2G4 from that pool, the rest wouldn't improve my box much. Would like to have as many gems as possible before the double whammy that is Snakeman sugo and French Anni. I think the legends post V2 Kata/Snakeman are on another tier and if Inu/Neko releases before Barto/Cavendish, I expect them to be quite broken too.

Good luck to everyone with the lottery too! At worst we get free gems and 5 RRs, which is pretty neat. Also keep in mind you have 5 chances total since they'll have 5 different winning combinations. Actually pretty excited that we're getting a livestream for the lottery, it will be our first official Global livestream. Might become a recurring thing if successful, I know other gachas have cool monthly official streams.

I used Haruta for so long till I got my Buggy. He'll put in good work for you. Make sure to grab those RRs that boost tap-damage (Vday Carrot, STR Kyros, DEX Lucci to name a few)

Yup I actually regretted not going for the guaranteed Buggy a year or so ago. Didn't think about the tap-damage bonus thing, thanks for the tip!

I've completed all the story missions I could, scrounged up 7 more gems. Going to miss out on 3 gems because I didn't keep an unevolved Luffy for the last Baratie mission alas. I even did tons of FP pulls to no avail.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so damn jealous of everyone pulling legends in 1/2 multis. I sent my entire second multi straight to Ray. Not a single good unit.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually holding on to everything until the update for supports, I don't remember who gets them first

Also wow TM Shanks/Beckman has an interesting twist. 3x Chainlock and THREE TIMES AFFINITY BOOST but! It has to be the first special you use and you can't use any specials after

Bet you'll still be able to use switch effects though

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TM Shanks/Beckman has an incredible special with a very inelegant built-in balance mechanic. First unit that only allows you to use 1 special that turn, pretty lazy from Bandai but obviously needed because of that 3x chainlock and 3x affinity boost. Their switch ability is pretty amazing too, even their CA is top notch with that 3.75x attack boost.

There are ways to bypass their special restriction, like bringing deadweight Shirahoshi, an orb locker and an atk or orb booster that last 3 turns. TM RR Yasopp and Lucky Roux are actually giving them matching orbs as a support ability, not a fan of that. Yeah we'll see if switch abilities like TM Zoro/Sanji or Croc/Daz will turn the empty orbs into matching ones.

In any case, another amazing TM unit right after TM Weevil who's been incredibly useful and prevalent in every team since his release, this post Snakeman world is crazy. Reckon the bosses on the upcoming TM will have a lot more HP, game is handing out 3x chain locks and 2x atk/orb boost like candies.

My standard Buggy team is usually Buggy and the 5+ Germas

There's something funny about a Papa Buggy crew but I'm up for that since I don't have the real dad for the Germa kids!

In other news, I've maxed out the new colo Doffy/Trebol with Barto/Cavendish, feels good to have a full month of 2x skill up and 3x exp ship. Will focus on Kizuna battle since it's the last 2 days to farm it, still got 300 tokens to use up.

lbsa

Oct 27, 2017
Bandai releasing Snakeman/Kata v2 earlier makes me really reconsider pulling for them. Firstly i'm at 275 gems atm, so i would have to spend money to make it to 9 multi pulls in such a short time. The other thing is Carrot will not be in the pool and that is such a bummer for me.

On the other hand this sugo looks very tempting right now. I own 7/23 legends available . Do i pull here and hope for v2g4 or buy my way into snakeman? I'm not that f2p with the game but it feels bad rewarding Bandai for releasing them early. Ughh...

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I think this current sugo is actually way better than people are giving it credit for (since it's "bait"), the possibility for strong legends is there if you get a red poster. I'm actually looking at like a 75% chance of a new legend if I get a red (mostly due to me not having Franky or Garp, that's around 22% right there). Reminds me of when the CYO sugos used to boost the focused legends up to like 50% or something of the total pool.

Can't decide if I should pull or not...if Snakeman is on the 9th multi like JPN, then I can't get him without buying gems, which I don't really want to do. Plus, now that we know Luffy/Law, Big Mom v2, and the like are a thing, it almost feels better to save up for them instead. If we'd gotten Snakeman next month or at the French Anniversary like expected this would all be different, but...

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Bandai releasing Snakeman/Kata v2 earlier makes me really reconsider pulling for them. Firstly i'm at 275 gems atm, so i would have to spend money to make it to 9 multi pulls in such a short time. The other thing is Carrot will not be in the pool and that is such a bummer for me.

On the other hand this sugo looks very tempting right now. I own 7/23 legends available . Do i pull here and hope for v2g4 or buy my way into snakeman? I'm not that f2p with the game but it feels bad rewarding Bandai for releasing them early. Ughh...

Depends on your box I'd say. How badly do you need a top tier legend to complete content right now? Keeping in mind you could also wait until Carrot is released and have about 500 gems by mid July for French Anni.

If you really can't wait and want to take a gamble, this sugo offers a decent rate for newer legends. That being said, nothing beats guaranteed in my opinion. We don't know how many gems we need to get Snakeman next week or whether he's even going to be guaranteed or not on Global. Could be 410 gems, could be 260. I understand not wanting to spend money for early Snakeman though, I think this sugo is as good as it gets for a non guaranteed normal legend rate sugo.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Okay, gave in to temptation.

oNC9X90.png

So, uh...I guess I got Snakeman after all.

Got Wadatsumi, Chiffon, Praline, and Gotti as well (plus enough Smoothies to get her damn near rainbowed). Decent enough for 110 gems. Waiting for French anniversary or dual character sugo now.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

oNC9X90.png

Got Wadatsumi, Chiffon, Praline, and Gotti as well (plus enough Smoothies to get her damn near rainbowed). Decent enough for 110 gems. Waiting for French anniversary or dual character sugo now.
Awesome congrats !!
Im looking forward to playing with some friend Snakemans once he drops in Global.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that I only get to enjoy the G4/Nami combo for a couple weeks before Snakeman breaks the synergy

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

oNC9X90.png

Wow congrats!!! Feels like I'm the only sucker here without V2G4 now....

And 10M red ticket is a thing now for TM except.... on the wrong version. The grind for 5M is already mindnumbing on JP, can't even start to imagine how painful it would be to get double that. Hope they implement this on Global very soon, I think I've got over 10M points on every TM.

I just realized that I only get to enjoy the G4/Nami combo for a couple weeks before Snakeman breaks the synergy

Yup was one of the reasons why I was disappointed with Snakeman at first, turns out it wasn't such a big deal with the options available to Snakeman.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Wow congrats!!! Feels like I'm the only sucker here without V2G4 now....

I'll get a short little "rental" period with him until I evolve him to Snakeman and not look back, I guess. I was surprised, I seem cursed when it comes to pulling Luffy: still no Luffy/Ace, I've never even pulled Timeskip Luffy (I got the guaranteed G4 and didn't unevolve it). My Kung Fu Luffy was guaranteed. I pulled Log Luffy ages after he stopped being useful. No 20th Luffy, pulled SW Luffy late, and Balloon Luffy, somehow, is the oldest unit missing from my PirateDex (I did pull G3 evolved).

So it'll be nice to be using a new Luffy from day 1. Perhaps I can repeat the luck when Luffy/Law comes around... :P

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Did my last 3 discount multis of JP 5th anni, got 3 reds (Brook, Robin, Enel) all dupes. So in 15 multis (630 gems spent) I got 2 new legends, Kizaru and V2 Law. Also only got 2 of the V2 Germa kids and still missing the RRs from the slasher batch too. My worst sugo ever on JP but I could feel it coming the way it was structured. Pretty disappointing lack of restricted pools for the biggest sugo of the year and also no guaranteed legend. Even the RR split was greedy. Hope the Global version will be more generous when it lands at the end of the year.

I'll get a short little "rental" period with him until I evolve him to Snakeman and not look back, I guess. I was surprised, I seem cursed when it comes to pulling Luffy: still no Luffy/Ace, I've never even pulled Timeskip Luffy (I got the guaranteed G4 and didn't unevolve it). My Kung Fu Luffy was guaranteed. I pulled Log Luffy ages after he stopped being useful. No 20th Luffy, pulled SW Luffy late, and Balloon Luffy, somehow, is the oldest unit missing from my PirateDex (I did pull G3 evolved).

So it'll be nice to be using a new Luffy from day 1. Perhaps I can repeat the luck when Luffy/Law comes around... :P

Funny enough, I've followed the exact same pattern with Luffy legends, only pulled the guaranteed G4 and KFL, except V2G4 is still eluding me... Think the worst part is pulling him 4 times on JP since he launched, I assumed I'd get him easily enough on Global. If I had pulled one copy, I would easily skip the upcoming V2 Kata/Snakeman sugo and just go ham on French Anni this summer.

Also Luffy/Law doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned... <--- in denial

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm farming Colo Foxy, finally getting that done because... why not? Really happy people told me pull on guaranteed Enel, that is hands down the best captain for going in blind, esp. if you have all the RCV subs like corazon, shira, and marco.

Still need to do BM's forest. Eventually...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to farm 30 gems and went ahead with a multi after seeing so many lucky pulls here the last days.
And it actually tuend out well - 1 Red Poster and it was my first Shanks v2. In addition to 4 new RRs with Cracker, Smoothie, Wadatsumi and Kizaru.

Its been a while since i had a satisfying 10pull (tbf i dont play the game as much) - just what i needed right before the upcoming Patch. Automode could be the push to play it more often again.