• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ohhh some pretty sweet news coming from Korea 3rd anniversary livestream!

- Dual Inu/Neko is coming next week for them! We kinda knew that they'd land very soon. Are we going to get them on the 23rd too or are we going to get them for French Anni in a Minks sugofest with Sulong Carrot? Power level wise, they look pretty good, probably the best Striker and Cerebral lead on Global when they land. That being said, they do not compare at all to Luffy/Law nor even Sanji/Judge. Releasing them before Barto/Cavendish is the right timing I feel, they are in a similar bracket. Wish their atk or colour affinity boost was 2x to make them a bit more future proof. But offering all 3 boosts (over 2 turns though) is still very powerful.

- Some huge QOLs been announced apparently : turtles and evolvers stacking (!), can use 10 items for powerup and can sell 20 items (selling a whole stack would be better but still I'll take it), selling items on results screen (!!!), button to retry the adventure right after clear (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Just give it to me!!

What does it mean for us on Global then? V2 Kata vs Snakeman sugo could be delayed a couple weeks or Inu/Neko could be added to it, both scenarios would be great for the playerbase. I think they'll release V2 Kata/Snakeman next week still though and will save Inu/Neko for Carrot.

Also some great info about Kizuna Battle on JP : it just ended right now and it says on the notice that it will come back in 6 days! So right after the TM. When it comes back, everything will reset of course which means we'll get to pull for another 5 LB orbs. We're possibly looking at Kizuna Battle coming back a lot faster, twice per month, 10 days each time. It might be only going away during TM. Means we'd max out Kizuna Zoro/Sanji within 3 months instead of 6.

I ended up farming it a lot more than I thought and I absolutely love the new mode now, I think it's incredibly flexible schedule wise, it's fun, it's straightforward and the rewards are much much better than TM (aside from legend tickets and gems). I got 11 absolute almighty manuals and I didn't even farm it as much as I could have. Got dozens of tablets, it's actually incredible how many tablets Kizuna gives out, it was the rarest commodity in the game. Now people can rainbow units more easily, I'm all for that.

Also the best team to farm it is not the latest P2P Luffy/Law dream team. You can go much higher with double 6+ Magellan or Brook. That does require Inazuma though so make sure to hang onto a copy on Global and max their special. Also needs Invasion Garp which I don't have on JP unfortunately. All in all, can't wait for Kizuna Battle to land on Global, it's the best game mode Bandai came up with for this game imo.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
- Some huge QOLs been announced apparently : turtles and evolvers stacking (!), can use 10 items for powerup and can sell 20 items (selling a whole stack would be better but still I'll take it), selling items on results screen (!!!), button to retry the adventure right after clear (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Just give it to me!!

Those are all amazing.
- Turtles/evovlers stacking is something I didn't know I wanted until just now.
- Powering up 10 at a time, sure whatever
- Sell 20 at a time, better but not the best.
- SELL ON RESULTS SCREEN
- RETRY ADVENTURE

Clearly the last two are the best. Man, if we got those with the early support system... I don't know how happy I'd be!

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, is global gonna get those QOL improvements soon?

I remember playing PAD some time ago and wishing that this game had the sell on result screen feature too.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to amass another 50 gems, so I did one final multi. V2 Sanji dupe (he isn't even boosted wtf) and the guaranteed was...
A new V2 Akainu. I'll gladly take that! I'm now sitting at a single gem though. French anni's in July right? Might have stocked up something decent by then.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
Finally did Kizaru and Blackbeard Forest in JP, I can see myself using the Blackbeard ship a lot

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Hello everyone.

Someone has been stuck in the "connecting" screen forever? I thought it was my old phone, but I changed it and it keeps happening. Thank's

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone.

Someone has been stuck in the "connecting" screen forever? I thought it was my old phone, but I changed it and it keeps happening. Thank's

I get that from time to time after a big update. Only thing to do is wait it out normally. But it stops after 5, maybe 10 min tops then doesnt come back.

Make sure you've got good signal/enough space on the phone for the game, those are usually the top two issues

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Uh wow, permanent forbidden tome and LB potion islands after maintenance

The QOL improvements are coming fast

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017

I'm really, really hyped for this update. Tonight's maintenance, right? New FN coming with supports, and some old units might get them as well (I know some pizza night units have support abilities). And we're definitely gearing up for a clash or something. Can't wait to see what QOL improvements we get, hopefully everything that Korea's getting

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really, really hyped for this update. Tonight's maintenance, right? New FN coming with supports, and some old units might get them as well (I know some pizza night units have support abilities). And we're definitely gearing up for a clash or something. Can't wait to see what QOL improvements we get, hopefully everything that Korea's getting
Yup tonight, and I think it starts earlier than normal. I'm also very excited for this one!

I'm guessing we'll get what they've said with the Korea stuff coming later. Probably want to test out the more radical changes on a smaller player base.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Didn't play much the last few days, just completed the new story island, we are actually caught up on JP. That was much more challenging than usual but I didn't mind, not like there was anything else to spend stamina.

That's such great news, Japan never got this. Will put my brand new Buggy to good use ^^ An extra 9 forbidden tomes every day is so good.

But yeah I think the Korean QOL changes are coming later this summer, I don't think Korea are getting them yet either.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Update is out and game is LIVE. Lots to discect:

- Guaranteed Snakeman on the 25th on 9 multis.
- Tome island is 6 socket books and 1 specific one, which is nice
- Training island drops a turtle as well as all drinks so Buggy will always dupe it because he's a little b*tch
- New FN is out with support units, and auto mode. Gotta say, it works well. My standard FN team of RR Neptune works great, if I just stop it before the final stage to use specials. I'm sure Colo Neptune works even better for the healing
- New support sugo is out but no one better pull on it because, I mean, why would you?
- Katakuri VS Luffy info. Still reading it, but I THINK you get to choose your team, which is just.... so much better than JPN got.
- Colo Smoothie coming soon
- Legend Socketbook island coming soon (may 25th)
- Special Anni Ship coming soon with all specials max (tonight -june 3) and then 3x exp (june 3-16)
- All clashes available starting the 25th

So, lots to unpack. I'm mostly curious on the Luffy/Katakuri event, obviously, but if we really can choose then.... it's gonna be great. I imagine whichever stage that utilizes Snakeman more will win since more people will have G4v2 to evolve than will pull Katakuri

EDIT: 4k-5k on the clash event will get a legend.
3k-4k get a legend and 3 gems
2k-3k get two legends and 10 gems
then it just goes up from there.

Plus one legend for supporting the winning side and one for playing at least one stage.

EDIT TWO! I MISSED THIS! Log in 5 days starting may 23 and get a SUGO LEGEND of your choice, anda t 7 days, get 10 gems! List includes:
- Hody
- Shirahoshi
- Usoland
- Enel
- Lawv2
- Magellan
- Fuji...v2 I think

Sad for me, I've got all of them, but I know some people will really like that!

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Free Legend ? Oh shit I'm gonna finally own Magellan I guess.....sweet.

MiTYH
What does your standard Neptune FN team look like ?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
What does your standard Neptune FN team look like ?

Neptune/Neptune
NeoKinemon/TM G4
TM Shanks/LawV1

It covers all bases when it comes to the final stage. Orb manipulation on 3 fronts, extra damage from shanks, barrier penetration from Law, big damage from G4, and orb locking/damage from both neptunes.

Thought I may redo the team to capitalize on tap damage, like STR Kyros or Vday Carrot, but right now I breezed through the new FN on the hardest difficulty, stopping only on the final stage to use specials.
------

Also, for those wondering, all these practice quests are buggably. On the 20 stamina I bring ColoKid and use the special once, otherwise I might have died after a time? Hard to tell, but it speeds it up, very autoable

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Wait you couldn't choose your team for the clash ?! That look so bad...

For the legend pull i'm hesitating between Magellan/Enel, I don't how strong is 6+ Magellan but i already have Shirahoshi for Enel so i don't know...

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, the event is happening on the one weekend of the year I'm busy. I'll try and log on for a participation award.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
We only get to choose teams on part 1, on 2 and 3 we're randomly placed.

It sucks but whatever happens happens.

Also a disappointingly small amount of my hoarded characters had support abilities :(

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Also a disappointingly small amount of my hoarded characters had support abilities :(

You can Farm the Pizza Party Strawhats, they have Support abilities. Colo Oven to

Directly boosted my Future Snakeman to Max since he is a universal stats booster for every character

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
You can Farm the Pizza Party Strawhats, they have Support abilities. Colo Oven to

Directly boosted my Future Snakeman to Max since he is a universal stats booster for every character
yeah I'm kinda wondering who to use the items on, G4 is a good idea since even if I get a dupe it'll be staying a G4 and not being fed.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
For the legend pull i'm hesitating between Magellan/Enel, I don't how strong is 6+ Magellan but i already have Shirahoshi for Enel so i don't know...

That's a tough pick. Honestly, I'd say Enel if you don't mind also spending gems to unlockhis island and get his skulls. Enel+ is just... amazing. If you have Shira (and marco/corazon), you're set. My blind team for ANY coliseum is Enel/Enel, Shira/Marco, Corazon/LawV1. Just stall and win, super easy. Marco gets swapped sometimes for a despair remover, but on the whole, it's great.

Magellan is definitely useful, but more situational. I'd still put a vote on Enel

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
All this Events are rly nice. Since my Legend Pool is good, having all the RR Batches from the last 4 Sugos and can evolve my G4 to Snakeman this Sugo will be an easy skip. Last TM was a blessing: pulled Zephyr and Ain/Rin on the 2nd Pull, got Warco and Nami from the TM Reward Reds, so i think my luck for this Sugo will suck to hell

Now is the Question waiting for Nekino/Carrot or going all in on French Anni because I'm sure that Zanji batch will be the Legend for that Sugo

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait you couldn't choose your team for the clash ?! That look so bad...

according to the latest japanese tier, enel is more immediately useful, but magellan will stay more relevant in the future

but they are both unconventional but great captains

another thing to consider is that enel needs a lot of legends (shirahoshi,marco,corazon,warco) to express his highest potential..on the other side magella is pretty much a one man gang when used as a captain or the right addition to already existing teams when a sub

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
That's a good pool for the legend choice...I have them all, but I only have one V2 Law so I can get his other evolution now. With Snakeman, Shooter Lucci, and Cerebral Law, that puts my blue skull needs up to...six. Whoo.

Undecided on the sugo. I don't need to pull for Snakeman, but the legend pools on the 2nd multi are pretty solid, though they each have older legends included as well. I'll see what the rates are. I don't mind going deep into my gem savings here since I'm probably looking at late in the year before the next major sugo for me (gonna probably pass on French anniversary just because I won't need it). I can do two here, two on TM Kaido, and just two more per TM until at least the double character sugo.

Also, for what it's worth: you can get FN Perospero early by doing a clear of his training stage. I guess that's kind of nice.

Got a few support levels already since I'd been hoarding basic Strawhats and the silver crew (Nojiko, Bellmere, etc) lately. There's a decent amount of farmable ones too so I'll probably focus on that for now. Going to use the manuals we got on G4/Snakeman.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
according to the latest japanese tier, enel is more immediately useful, but magellan will stay more relevant in the future

but they are both unconventional but great captains

another thing to consider is that enel needs a lot of legends (shirahoshi,marco,corazon,warco) to express his highest potential..on the other side magella is pretty much a one man gang when used as a captain or the right addition to already existing teams when a sub

That's a tough pick. Honestly, I'd say Enel if you don't mind also spending gems to unlockhis island and get his skulls. Enel+ is just... amazing. If you have Shira (and marco/corazon), you're set. My blind team for ANY coliseum is Enel/Enel, Shira/Marco, Corazon/LawV1. Just stall and win, super easy. Marco gets swapped sometimes for a despair remover, but on the whole, it's great.

Magellan is definitely useful, but more situational. I'd still put a vote on Enel

Thanks for your answers, i actually have V1 Law, Marco & Corazon so they'll definitely get some uses with Enel & Shira. I'll probably go for him now.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely going for Shira for the free legend. She's one of those legends that has always eluded me with Sugo pulls.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm undecided if I want a dupe Enel to leave unevolved or a dupe Enel to get this LAST FUCKING SLOT BIND SOCKET that has eaten like a dozen tablets

I even bought tablets!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Also: TM Kaido is going to be from June 6th through the 10th, it's mentioned in the Round 2 info on the event site. A bit earlier than I expected. Actually wondering if they're going to give us Invasion Linlin or not this cycle, there's so much else going on that they might not fit it in. Hopefully she's not vital for any of the Kaido fights, we're already going to be missing anything from the Carrot cycle.

EDIT: Managed to max G4v2's support ability with the freebies, didn't have any luck on Nami with the leftovers. I'm thinking the non-guaranteed ones are roughly 30% and 10% odds, maybe? That's what it felt like.

G4/Snakeman adds about 150 ATK with his support maxed, which is nice. I suspect I'll either be using him as a captain or support on virtually every team for the near future.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna have anywhere near enough gems for the guaranteed Snakeman. Guess I'll probably not bother with that sugo.

EDIT TWO! I MISSED THIS! Log in 5 days starting may 23 and get a SUGO LEGEND of your choice, anda t 7 days, get 10 gems! List includes:
- Hody
- Shirahoshi
- Usoland
- Enel
- Lawv2
- Magellan
- Fuji...v2 I think

Sad for me, I've got all of them, but I know some people will really like that!

Nice. I get to choose between Hody and Fuji (yeah, I think it's v2).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Neptune/Neptune
NeoKinemon/TM G4
TM Shanks/LawV1

It covers all bases when it comes to the final stage. Orb manipulation on 3 fronts, extra damage from shanks, barrier penetration from Law, big damage from G4, and orb locking/damage from both neptunes.
Thanks,
thats pretty much how my team looks like but for some reason i forgot to include TM Shanks even though i have him. Well thats fixed now.

Is there any point in clearing the practice stages before the event starts ? Seems like a waste of stamina right now, but maybe im missing something.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any point in clearing the practice stages before the event starts ? Seems like a waste of stamina right now, but maybe im missing something.

Chopperman missions get you some copies and homies, but that's about it (I'm not seeing any gems for clearing them all). If you just clear both difficulties once you can get the two copies and move on, unless you want some homies. They all have support abilities so it's not a bad idea.

I'm assuming the bosses will use similar strategies during the real event, so I guess you could plan teams, but the difficulty will probably be higher in the event so eh.

(Plus I'm just gonna cram Snakeman, Nami, and Brook onto a team for the boosts anyway)

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
The only legend I don't have is Fuji and... I'm okay with keeping it that way. Torn between Usopp and Law for their regular 6* forms.
Still getting my head around these support units.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Oh man, free shira is amazing for those who don't have her yet. Guess I'm going with Hody, finally!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Woah massive update and news drop on Global! With TM Shanks/Beckman starting on JP today too, haven't been able to process all the good stuff until now.

A few remarks :

1) Free legend pick : Totally didn't see that coming, amazing pool to pick from! The 3 best choices definitely are Shirahoshi, Enel and Magellan. As people said, Enel and Magellan are both very good leads for difficult content and Shirahoshi is just a super sub who just enables a lot of teams with her rainbow orbs. Enel 6+ is good as a "budget" option for people who haven't pulled the latest broken legends. He's fallen off lately on JP though because bosses have more HP and health cuts are more often countered. Magellan is the best legend for farming the brand new Kizuna Battle mode but until then he's not seen much play. Also for people who already all the legends from this pool, I suggest picking a dupe Enel because he'll come in handy on one or two occasions for very difficult content with restricted cost (Garp challenge).

2) Practice islands for Luffy vs Kata : you won't get a gem for completing all the islands. If you only want to get the CM rewards, just run the 10 stamina versions 5 times. I'm surprised they changed the CMs for Global, on JP you could get 5 copies of each char for running the islands 5 times, enough to max their support level. Makes no sense that we only get 2 copies for free and the rest is lobsters but whatever.

3) Sugofest Snakeman/V2 Katakuri : 410 gems for Snakeman, pretty much what we expected. Pretty solid sugofest otherwise. I'm going to do 9 multis on part 1 but hopefully I'll pull him before that. I think the restricted pools are decent but obviously the ones on day 1 are significantly worse for me. Outside of the two new legends, I only really want Capone and Big Mom but they are both rated up on other parts. I'd like to save as many gems as possible for French Anni.

4) New wave of events : We're getting max special ship for Luffy vs Kata event? That's amazing, will make runs that much faster. And triple exp ship for TM Kaido? Good guy Bandai <3 Also getting Luffy socket island and all clashes available with max special ship around? That's so good for newcomers too. Love the new daily forbidden tomes island too.

- Katakuri VS Luffy info. Still reading it, but I THINK you get to choose your team, which is just.... so much better than JPN got.

So, lots to unpack. I'm mostly curious on the Luffy/Katakuri event, obviously, but if we really can choose then.... it's gonna be great. I imagine whichever stage that utilizes Snakeman more will win since more people will have G4v2 to evolve than will pull Katakuri

"O ye, of little faith"! Glad Global learned from the JP fiasco and are letting us pick our side. And you don't have to worry about the stages btw, both versions are identical when it comes to the fights. I'm guessing the community will probably decide on a side before it starts and it's going to be easy to jump on the bandwagon.

Aw man, the event is happening on the one weekend of the year I'm busy. I'll try and log on for a participation award.

Ahh tough luck, definitely try to log on to get the participation reward and try keep an eye out for the winning side.

Part 1 is the big one fortunately, part 2 had much smaller rewards, it was some easy TM related objective, just had to eat some exp items. Think part 3 had a legend ticket for the winning side too.

And yeah even on JP, most old units don't have support abilities yet. If I remember correctly, one of first old RR batches to get them was the V1 Big Mom batch. From this first batch, I think the best unit to spend our friendship token on is Snakeman/V2G4, he's a universal stat booster. I just use it on most teams on JP.

Also: TM Kaido is going to be from June 6th through the 10th, it's mentioned in the Round 2 info on the event site. A bit earlier than I expected. Actually wondering if they're going to give us Invasion Linlin or not this cycle, there's so much else going on that they might not fit it in. Hopefully she's not vital for any of the Kaido fights, we're already going to be missing anything from the Carrot cycle.

We're getting these TMs earlier and earlier, the 3 weeks cycle is real! Alas I don't think we're getting Invasion Linlin because of the packed scheduling. She launched on JP with the brand new Mother Carmel FN we just got today but no sign of her in Global news. They might launch her later with the next FN or with a Raid instead, maybe Arlong. Hopefully it won't be tough content. Can't wait for her to arrive on Global though.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Max special ship is up on global, get to farming.... nothing! But it's there all the same.

I got Oven to finally drop onunderground so his support is done. 4/5 on Pizza Chopper, then moving to Nami and then the new FN. At least there's stuff to do and I have to admit I'm enjoy automode more than I thought I would

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying having a bunch of small things to idly grind

That said, boy some of these supports suck huh? Better than nothing I guess

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wooo my free RR was a new Praline, 5 stars at that. Not that I'll use her anytime soon but it's great to get something new.

I used the max special ship to farm the Luffy socket island, was pretty quick with double Enel, Amande, V2 WB and Colo Oven. But not sure it was worth the stamina, the drops aren't that good. I'll probably farm the new FN and some extra copies of Colo Oven from tomorrow on.

I got Oven to finally drop onunderground so his support is done. 4/5 on Pizza Chopper, then moving to Nami and then the new FN. At least there's stuff to do and I have to admit I'm enjoy automode more than I thought I would

I think I'm addicted to automode, even using it for the new FN. By next week, I probably won't be able to hit a Perfect anymore ^^;;;;

Really enjoying having a bunch of small things to idly grind

That said, boy some of these supports suck huh? Better than nothing I guess

That's 99% of the supports out there alas. At least the more recent ones are getting better.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
V2g4 support seems pretty good, I'm glad I got him last sugo. It may not be as great as clearing paralysis or the other great support, it's great for my auto tap teams. Ironically, the auto tap thing is actually getting me to log on and have it run in the background while I do other things. It's so convenient and since I'm just playing casually, I can just run my strongest team instead of trying to Neptune everything.

V2 Fuji and Usopp are the only legends I don't have on that list. While I do have 6+ Usopp, I just don't feel like there's a point where I would want to use 6 star Usopp, and Fuji looks terrible. Maybe he would be useful as a support? Idk... I'm also considering picking up another Enel just for his 5 star version. I could use him + 5 star Law for those cost restricting challenges.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god we can see top posters now. I'm shamefully in second....

Game wise, got all the random supports farmed, and got a RR Cracker from today's free pull, which is neat.

Dont know who I'm going to get for these legends. I have them all, including both forms of Usopps and Laws. Might just do Fuji or Usopp for the support? I don't even need RP

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god we can see top posters now. I'm shamefully in second....
Well time for me to walk into the ocean or something

I got dupes for units I already have rainbowed from both free pulls, oh well. I wonder if they're going to actually announce the Katakuri sugo at some point.