• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Woah we do have Community Managers for Global OPTC! Only took 4 years to see them lol

Woooo starting well, I won 5th prize, Sanji out first!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
This chat "host" is terrible, clearly doesn't know a thing about the game

I got Sanji for 5th prize, then ALMOST got them all out of order in the final prize. Nami/Usopp messed that up

Looks like we're getting those Korean "leaked" QOL updates:

- Sell units on screen after a run
- 10 units to level up
- Turtles/Evolver stack (THANK GOD I LOVE THIS ONE)
- SNAIIILLLLSSSSSSSSSSS

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I got kind of close for 1st prize. My order was Brook, Zoro, Chopper, Nami, Sanji. RIP

Omg they're bringing back snails hahah. Stackable turtles and evolvers too? Awesome updates!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Only got the 5th prize but I'll gladly take it, that's way more than expected! Also we all got another 10 gems!

Snails coming back is such a community meme. I actually never liked hunting for snails through the story islands, hope they improve them.

The stream peaked at 4.7K viewers, that's pretty impressive really, much more than any OPTC streamer ever got. The thirst for better communication is real. It was cringe but it was nice to have though, hopefully they'll have more livestreams even if it's just for announcing stuff we already know about!

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter banned my fake account so snails coming back means nothing to me.
Eh, snails died because Twitter cracked down on the application based twitter spam. Hopefully they nix the social media aspect of the snails and just make it a small in-game slot machine.

I missed the stream because I thought it was an hour later. Oh well. The lottery was a complete bust for me. Not even 5th prize. (Screw Sanji)

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, snails died because Twitter cracked down on the application based twitter spam. Hopefully they nix the social media aspect of the snails and just make it a small in-game slot machine.
yeah the twitter part of it was always weird because, like, did anyone actually use a REAL Twitter account for that? Who would put up with getting spammed by mobile game stuff

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I dunno about this ranking event. I'm missing something like 6 legends so that combined with the already rigged rates they'll inevitably have weighted towards older legends, I'm not sure how much I'll commit to running this. I went ham on the World Clash event since I had all 3 boosters from 2 multis and scored a grand total of 13 legend pulls. Twelve of them were dupes except for Magellan who was new at the time.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Oh hey, you can get three more copies of each of the support characters from the practice missions from Chopperman missions. So all of those can be maxed if you kept up (except Perospero, since none of us had a copy of him to begin with, derp). I guess you need them on your team for some of the missions too?

Also I ran Raid Cracker three times today so I guess that stamina was a bit wasted. :P

Snakeman, WBv2, Mont'dor, TM Enel, and Colo Niwatori can clear the 60 stamina pretty easy. I guess it's better to support Luffy for the win legend? Though the ranking will be more competitive.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Managing Katakuri fine, I can already tell this is going to get real old by day 5

I also read the fine print on the event site. V2 Katakuri isn't in the pool for the legend tickets =/

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I have completed both sides missions for both events, currently around 920 rank for team luffy and 290 for team Kat, i have realized that you can get up to 6 red sugo posters( 1 for winning team, 1 for being within rank 10000 and four if I get within rank 3000 of both teams)

Oct 25, 2017
Managing Katakuri fine, I can already tell this is going to get real old by day 5

I also read the fine print on the event site. V2 Katakuri isn't in the pool for the legend tickets =/
Yeah, I noticed that too. They always do this for some reason. The way it sounds, I don't think his batch is pullable either. *shakes fist angrily* MONTD'OOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!

I think I have the fastest possible team, which takes just over a minute to finish. The fact that this ranking lasts five whole days is nothing short of absurd. I hope the people going for top rank know what they're getting themselves into. They probably could have made the rewards a bit better for THAT amount of grinding.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
The top people must be using a lot of gems

It's not so bad as you would think. If you spend 50 gems on refills which is the equivalent of a multi, that's already a ton of runs that'll put you near the top since people in the higher ranks will have high p-lvl's as well. I remember when I used to spend a ton of gems farming raid bosses back when that used to be a thing. Plus you get gems back for ranking higher.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oh the things I do for a gem. Apparently if you clear all the basic stages including the 60 stamina, you get 1 gem. Ill do it since that's still a net gain on stamina if I use it to refill, and free is free.

Not really feeling like putting a lot of gems into this competition. I'll support Luffy since that's a guaranteed red, but on the whole, kinda not feeling this event right now. We'll see if that changes

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going in pretty hard right now, since it's the only time I'll have for it. Currently 1423rd. I'm sure that'll change once America wakes up though.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Went 3 for 15 on the proof of friendships for Legend Nami, which is actually absurdly good since those things almost never work. Should be able to max her support with the rest of the rewards from this thing, she'll be great support for Snakeman since she doesn't really work as well on the crew anymore.

Yeah, not sure how five days of this is gonna go. At least the stage is a pretty quick clear. Of course, we'll have TM just a few days after as well, not many breaks coming up.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Still not 100% on how to find your ranking. I see the site, but on both Luffy and Katakuri my ranking is the same, which makes me think that's just a general ranking? Is that all it is, or is there a top prize for each side?

I'm just farming Katakuri like everyone else I'm sure. +1 for luffy and if I stay in top 5k that's another +1 legend. Might try under 4k for 3 gems, we'll see what that investment looks like. Currently I get 5ish runs per gem, so 250 points. Since I just leveled up, I won't be doing that again anytime soon until maybe the TM

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Once the best class in the game but now long forgotten... Free Spirit (and Cerebral) rise again!

YckRfEu.jpg

Koala/Sabo are very sweet, not quite as broken as Luffy/Law but 4.5x ATK boost after a few perfects and 2.25x atk boost for FS and Cerebal is right up there. Funny that Bandai recycled the losing option from Inu/Neko vote and made Koala/Sabo the first "make orbs badly matching" remover. That debuff is everywhere nowadays. They'll pair up nicely with Lace for full board of matching orbs + orb boost. And the cherry on top, their swap ability is incredible : "For 1 turn boost color affinity of Free Spirit and Cerebral Characters by 1.5x for regular attacks, change own orbs to matching, completely remove Paralysis and Despair on self".

The RRs are pretty solid too, especially Belo Betty who makes 3 orbs beneficial to 2 classes! Her and Karasu brings more up to date utilities to FS and Cerebral.

I can't believe they are dropping this batch not even 2 weeks after Luffy/Law. Is Global going to spread their release out? Late October for Luffy/Law and then late December for Revolutionnaries could work. Otherwise it's time to start saving up 1.5k gems to pull on both sugos...

Started farming the Blitz on Global with Double Snakeman, Flampe, Mont d'Or, Amande and TM Enel, smooth and easy. Having access to the max special ship has made team building that much easier, this event will probably be all about pure gem spending since most teams are steamrolling the 60 stamina dungeon. Seen a lot of people saying they'd go easy or even skip this but rankings are looking pretty bad already. I spent my natural stamina bar and I'm beyond rank 7K for both Kata and Luffy.... Welp so much for not spending a single gem and securing top 3k on both rankings for 5 legends.

Oh the things I do for a gem. Apparently if you clear all the basic stages including the 60 stamina, you get 1 gem. Ill do it since that's still a net gain on stamina if I use it to refill, and free is free.

Not really feeling like putting a lot of gems into this competition. I'll support Luffy since that's a guaranteed red, but on the whole, kinda not feeling this event right now. We'll see if that changes

Yup, can get up to 4 free gems if you complete all 4 sets of stages. I'm definitely going for that. And now they are giving us the 3 remaining copies of the support units from Chopperman missions, pretty pointless change in the end.

Still not 100% on how to find your ranking. I see the site, but on both Luffy and Katakuri my ranking is the same, which makes me think that's just a general ranking? Is that all it is, or is there a top prize for each side?

I'm just farming Katakuri like everyone else I'm sure. +1 for luffy and if I stay in top 5k that's another +1 legend. Might try under 4k for 3 gems, we'll see what that investment looks like. Currently I get 5ish runs per gem, so 250 points. Since I just leveled up, I won't be doing that again anytime soon until maybe the TM

The site is correct as far as I can tell, my ranking is similar for both sides but my point tally is totally different. And yeah Team Luffy is winning by a long shot. I definitely want to hit top 3K for both sides but I didn't expect to have to do more than 6-7 60 stamina runs per day. Looks like I'd have to do more like 20-30 per day...

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
My only issue with the new Revolutionaries batch is that they only went with 3 RRs. Should have just done a Morley one too, we already had Daifuku get an RR and Colo unit near-simultaneously.

Also if they let you use Karasu on teams with the Blackbirds ship I'll admittedly be a little disappointed.

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with the new Revolutionaries batch is that they only went with 3 RRs. Should have just done a Morley one too, we already had Daifuku get an RR and Colo unit near-simultaneously.

Also if they let you use Karasu on teams with the Blackbirds ship I'll admittedly be a little disappointed.
Eh, I'm okay with it. I have a hard enough time remembering which Big Mom pirate does what and what color they are with all their different versions.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
My only problem with the new batch is Reddit has got to get their Belo Betty horniness under control

I feel like I need a shower after a cursory glance at the replies

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of which, I've been trying to remember when OPTC started to ramp up the fanservice. I feel like it started with the green giant.

Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with the new batch is Reddit has got to get their Belo Betty horniness under control

I feel like I need a shower after a cursory glance at the replies
Yeah, it gets pretty bad. I pretty much abandoned Zeenigami vids just because I got tired of him and others referring to character's boobs as "plot" and being general creeps about everything. The fanservice does get pretty out of hand sometimes, specifically Summer Viola basically presenting herself to the camera and Halloween Rebecca and Vivi turning into titty monsters. I do like the more recent TM Persona just because the art looks so cool even if it is kinda nurse fetishy.

After update o'clock tonight according to the in-game notice.
LIES!

Also, this ranking has been unexpectedly chill thus far. I feel like I've hardly farmed and I'm ranked 314th on Luffy and 570th on Katakuri.

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I am currently 1890 for luffy with 1240 points and currently rank 2080 for team Kat with just 340 points, you can tell everyone is going team luffy

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
This was a lot of emotions and not in a good way.

Did my 30-multi for round 3, and got THREE BACK TO BACK TO BACK LEGENDS!
Then it was Usoland, DoffyV1, and Zoro. All dupes, and I already have two of Usoland and Doffy....

Free pulls were all dupes too but that's expected.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Got Praline and Laffite new from free pity pulls. Also got Miss All-Sunday, who I didn't even know existed. Outdated and useless, but new.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, it gets pretty bad. I pretty much abandoned Zeenigami vids just because I got tired of him and others referring to character's boobs as "plot" and being general creeps about everything. The fanservice does get pretty out of hand sometimes, specifically Summer Viola basically presenting herself to the camera and Halloween Rebecca and Vivi turning into titty monsters. I do like the more recent TM Persona just because the art looks so cool even if it is kinda nurse fetishy.

Yeah Zeenigami has totally jumped the shark over the years and fully embraced the dark side. His video thumbnails and stream layout are just the most fanservice artworks from the game. Then again it works since the vast majority of the OPTC community is loving it. I still watch his new content breakdown videos though, they are well made and I'm glad he's still dedicated to the game after all these years.

Likewise for Bandai, I'm sure the pull numbers are higher when they release "titillating" artworks. I think the most disappointing one was Legend Nami 6* form, especially since her 5* art and sprite were pretty cool. Bandai using a reskin of RR Khalifa was just sad. I really hope they release a "Reverie Royals" batch but kinda dreading they might go overboard.

LIES!

Also, this ranking has been unexpectedly chill thus far. I feel like I've hardly farmed and I'm ranked 314th on Luffy and 570th on Katakuri.

I never said when after update o'clock <.< >.>

Now, the ranking being chill that's a LIE! I spent 2 gems and I'm still just rank 6K for Luffy T_T
I forgot how costly it was to farm these Blitz, I wish it was like TM and we had free refills... I don't mind doing 500 runs, I do mind spending 100 gems to do 500 runs and getting 5 old dupes in return...

With my last rare recruit from the lucky draw I got a red sugo poster and a new legend but old legend Lucci v2

Grats! He's still a decent legend, especially in 6+ form a sub on Shooter team I feel.

This was a lot of emotions and not in a good way.

Did my 30-multi for round 3, and got THREE BACK TO BACK TO BACK LEGENDS!
Then it was Usoland, DoffyV1, and Zoro. All dupes, and I already have two of Usoland and Doffy....

Free pulls were all dupes too but that's expected.

Awww, sorry to hear that, it's the hope that kills.

My free pulls were all 2015 dupes but thanks Support system, I'm not utterly disappointed pulling INTvankov, Whitey Bay and Pell!

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been said before, but don't sleep on using those new items to get Vivi to Support level 5. You get +2000 heal and a guaranteed matching orb on the final stage on whoever she's supporting. And she supports everyone. No regrets on maxing her

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Another pull gave me my first V2 Fujitora, i was happy because he's one of my favorite characters until i saw his captain ability...
Why did they had to do this to him ? :(

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's been said before, but don't sleep on using those new items to get Vivi to Support level 5. You get +2000 heal and a guaranteed matching orb on the final stage on whoever she's supporting. And she supports everyone. No regrets on maxing her
But you can farm vivi on story islands

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
But you can farm vivi on story islands

jws31z5.jpg

Thankfully I got her maxed with the low tier ones, but still. Completely forgot she was farmable. Ah well

In hopefully non-stupid sense, I'm taking a stab at ranking on Katakuri as well. I had 265 points which was rank 4450. Did two runs to get 365 points, now I'm 2934. I'll probably do a run or so a day to stay over 5k and get a free legend, but it's WAY looser than Luffy's side. There I've got 1190 points and am rank 3200

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
jws31z5.jpg

Thankfully I got her maxed with the low tier ones, but still. Completely forgot she was farmable. Ah well
ah whatevs, I heard you get tons of these eventually. Also I think she might still be one of the rare drops.

My day 3 pulls were butts EXCEPT I got Franky finally. Also my test your luck free pulls were actually pretty decent. Balloon Luffy but otherwise pretty recent RRs and also a Kung Fu Luffy dupe(who is getting dangerously close to rainbow at this point)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm gonna jinx this but I've still never pulled Log Luffy. Not that I want him, he's just my oldest missing legend

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
So of Montd'or, Streussen and Flampe, who should I prioritize getting the special level up for? They all seem damningly specific to Katakuri

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
So of Montd'or, Streussen and Flampe, who should I prioritize getting the special level up for? They all seem damningly specific to Katakuri

For what it's worth, I'm using Mont d'Or fairly often on JP. Aside from V2 Katakuri, he works very well with Snakeman and V1 6+ Big Mom too (he was pretty useful for raid Capone or Big Mom, forgot now). I also use him with Barto/Cavendish because he's like the only Driven silence reducer. He removes a lot of nasty debuffs, really good unit imo.

Flampe I use from time to time with Snakeman, she's flexible and her heal/protection from death is handy for some content. I'd say she's mostly exceptionnal as a Support for V1 6+ Big Mom or V2 Kata though, having her at max support level makes farming some future raids smoother.

Only ever used Streusen twice I think, to bypass a pre emptive "make these orbs count as badly matching".