• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing, sorta. Been getting tons of stuff every other click and kinda don't know what to do with it. I got enough rainbow gems to do rolls I think and got a bunch of characters, but a lot of them are dupes. I have 6 whole cake island sanjis right now, should I just feed them all into my 7th sanji? I noticed theres a limit on how many characters you can have at once and it's getting pretty full so I wanna do some cleaning, even though I haven't even fought Kuro yet in the story :p.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Just started playing, sorta. Been getting tons of stuff every other click and kinda don't know what to do with it. I got enough rainbow gems to do rolls I think and got a bunch of characters, but a lot of them are dupes. I have 6 whole cake island sanjis right now, should I just feed them all into my 7th sanji? I noticed theres a limit on how many characters you can have at once and it's getting pretty full so I wanna do some cleaning, even though I haven't even fought Kuro yet in the story :p.

Welcome to the OPTC community!! :)

Yeah the start can be pretty overwhelming, it's a fairly complex game so don't hesitate to ask questions, people are pretty helpful around here! Good rule of thumb is asking before getting rid of anything even though box space is pretty limited.

I'm assuming you're talking about this WCI Sanji? If it's the one, yup you can feed the extra copies to the one you want to keep, it should max out his support ability, which is pretty much what he's used for (he's a F2P unit given to us to introduce the new support system).

Also I don't know if you have rerolled for top legends (red poster characters) but feel free to post screenshots of your character box, we might be able to give you some tips with teambuilding. I'm assuming you either pulled on the beginner sugofest or the current V2 Katakuri/Snakeman sugofest (both are pretty good) so you probably got pretty useful units.

Also in case you haven't done so yet, don't forget to grab the special Thousand Sunny Anniversary Model from Extra Island, it currently sets your crew special at max from the start, which is amazing when you just start the game!

Hope you'll enjoy the game! :)

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the success rate for the lowest tier friendship tokens is a joke. I went 2/45 feeding them to my V2 Sanji (at max support he adds 18% his atk to Luffy, Nami, or Reiju). I think I read the rates for each tier are 100/30/10 percent. Whew...

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
Actually thinking about it spending 50 gems on stamina for this event for 4 red sugo posters is worth it because how do you know that with a 50 multi pull that you will get 4 legends

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this. I'm running an Enel team for ranking and it's generally safe. Twice now, I've gotten to stage 4, healed with meat orbs, then gotten 0 meat orbs on the second time. I can live by using Amande/Enel early, then stalling with meat luck on the final stage, but still. Wtf. Stupid RNG.

Lots of data download. Looks like Neko/Ino is a TM legend. Might only do a 30, we'll see how these ranking legends go. We've also got the time-limited part of it (aka as many runs in 30 minutes for big points) tomorrow and sunday, so it'll be interesting to see how rankings change. Right now I'm pretty good with 3500s in both, doing about 2 or 3 Luffys a day and the rest on
Katakuri

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this. I'm running an Enel team for ranking and it's generally safe. Twice now, I've gotten to stage 4, healed with meat orbs, then gotten 0 meat orbs on the second time. I can live by using Amande/Enel early, then stalling with meat luck on the final stage, but still. Wtf. Stupid RNG.

Lots of data download. Looks like Neko/Ino is a TM legend. Might only do a 30, we'll see how these ranking legends go. We've also got the time-limited part of it (aka as many runs in 30 minutes for big points) tomorrow and sunday, so it'll be interesting to see how rankings change. Right now I'm pretty good with 3500s in both, doing about 2 or 3 Luffys a day and the rest on
Katakuri
Wait, you can get both the rewards from Katakuri and Luffy? I've only ran it for completion but I'm currently 8.5k. if that's the case, I'd probably run a few more for Katakuri since the competition isn't as fierce.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Did one more discount on Day 2 since I was missing the most legends and

FUCKING

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THIS MULTI

oGP6UuT.jpg
oGP6UuT

F.I.V.E. LEGENDS!!?!

Capone and Brook are new, Brook is only disappointing because his poster was extended and got my hopes up.

Goddamn!

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
So i did my 4 pulls for part 1 sugo and only got 4 legends but 3 were new
I got Tesoro, Sabo V2 and Whitebeard V3
Wow whitebeard V3 had a worse drop rate than Kat V2

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Caved and did a multi on part3 again. Nothing, not even a new RR. Bah...

Also, holy hell, my ranking DROPPED. Gotta find time to go do fast runs for the 30-stamina thing and climb back up. At least there's a gem reward for each so I'll net even.

Congrats Kyou for that amazing summon!

EDIT: Whoops did Katakuri points first. Ah well, not like I wasn't going to do both today and tomorrow. Managed to get 14 runs in thanks to the SnajiV1+ team posted on reddit. Moved me from Katakuri ranking 5300 to 2700 which is nuts. I don't think I'll move that far when I do Luffy's side since competition is fiercer but hell, 14 runs is amazing. Sucks that I'll basically have to spend more gems tomorrow to stay competitive.

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy your new Capone!
Thanks! I didn't do too much reading up on him earlier so I was surprised to see that Big Father is tied to his special and not a captain ability, could probably make some interesting teams with him as a sub
Caved and did a multi on part3 again. Nothing, not even a new RR. Bah...

Also, holy hell, my ranking DROPPED. Gotta find time to go do fast runs for the 30-stamina thing and climb back up. At least there's a gem reward for each so I'll net even.

Congrats Kyou for that amazing summon!

EDIT: Whoops did Katakuri points first. Ah well, not like I wasn't going to do both today and tomorrow. Managed to get 14 runs in thanks to the SnajiV1+ team posted on reddit. Moved me from Katakuri ranking 5300 to 2700 which is nuts. I don't think I'll move that far when I do Luffy's side since competition is fiercer but hell, 14 runs is amazing. Sucks that I'll basically have to spend more gems tomorrow to stay competitive.
Thanks! This is definitely probably the best discount multi I will ever do.

Also I got my runs done with the same team. Nothing will make you realize how. fucking. SLOW this game loads until you're doing one of the 30 minute things.

Come oooooonnnnn just load the godamn friends list already, I'm going to pick the fake sanji clone at the top anyway

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Finished both my runs, got about the same number of runs in on Luffy's side and am back where I was last night (I keep track of my ranking periodically). Currently my Luffy rating is the same as last night at 7:30pm. Katakuari rating is still at an alltime high, I've dropped 400 places in 4 hours though.

Will probably do the same Flambe runs for Katakuri points tomorrow and be safe (goingto try for a 3k ranking for Sugo and 3 gems). Luffy.... will be tougher, I imagine it'll cost a few more gems to stay in the 4k range which is all I'm hoping for.

Oct 25, 2017

FUCKING

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THIS MULTI

oGP6UuT.jpg
oGP6UuT

F.I.V.E. LEGENDS!!?!

Capone and Brook are new, Brook is only disappointing because his poster was extended and got my hopes up.

Goddamn!
Enjoy your new two dads!

The last 4 multis I did didn't have any reds in them. I think I know where they went. I guess it's my fault for pulling after pushing my luck having already gotten mochi boy.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Woah Morley Coliseum is brutal, 20M HP with a 5M HP barrier... The only options are Luffy/Law or Lace with FC Koala/Sabo or stall during 10 mins for 200k damage with double V2 Kata. Did a stupid yolo multi on part 1 to try get Luffy/Law or Koala/Sabo but got nothing, pretty salty about that. Completely out of gems now, need to start saving again and hope Sanji/Judge can carry me until the next big event end of August.

Actually thinking about it spending 50 gems on stamina for this event for 4 red sugo posters is worth it because how do you know that with a 50 multi pull that you will get 4 legends

Unless your name is Kyou <_<

FUCKING

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THIS MULTI

oGP6UuT.jpg
oGP6UuT

F.I.V.E. LEGENDS!!?!

Goddamn!

Holy shit support Hotori/Kotori!!!!! Grats on Brook and double Capone aswell, that's as good as it gets for a multi indeed! Brook will help you cheese through a lot of tough content and Big Daddy will do some big carry. :)

So i did my 4 pulls for part 1 sugo and only got 4 legends but 3 were new
I got Tesoro, Sabo V2 and Whitebeard V3
Wow whitebeard V3 had a worse drop rate than Kat V2

Congrats!! Those are all very good legends, jealous of that Tesoro!
Finished both my runs, got about the same number of runs in on Luffy's side and am back where I was last night (I keep track of my ranking periodically). Currently my Luffy rating is the same as last night at 7:30pm. Katakuari rating is still at an alltime high, I've dropped 400 places in 4 hours though.

Will probably do the same Flambe runs for Katakuri points tomorrow and be safe (goingto try for a 3k ranking for Sugo and 3 gems). Luffy.... will be tougher, I imagine it'll cost a few more gems to stay in the 4k range which is all I'm hoping for.

I don't think Flampe bonus stage is back tomorrow? It was just a one-off thing on JP. I used the V1 Sanji team too but could only got 12-13 runs in, loading times were killing me, even disabled the support animations to try speed things up. Not sure how some people managed to get 18 runs. o_O

I've decided to gem more for this, we've already hit 50M points, the notice says they might add more rewards if we go higher, hopefully get some more gems tomorrow!

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Nevermind, I thought they uploaded the further prize images but it turns out they just used the same naming scheme for everything on the page :P

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I am still within the top 2000, have only used 10 gems so far and still have 55 gems, i am going to use gems within the last 4 hours

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
One minor annoying thing I wish they would change. They should let you choose your team first and then go into friend list. The way it is now, I'm forced to go into edit team for lesser used captains if I want to be able to use that team.

FUCKING

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THIS MULTI

oGP6UuT.jpg
oGP6UuT

F.I.V.E. LEGENDS!!?!

Goddamn!

Holy shit what a multi lol! Congrats! Capone is really fun. I'm just waiting for content to use him on hehe. You have all of his best subs too, I imagine? Also, how do you plan on CCing him? Every single Capone on my friend list went with HP, but isn't RCV just better? I'm unsure.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I simply can't believe how many runs the top dudes have done

What are these people's lives like

Oct 25, 2017
One minor annoying thing I wish they would change. They should let you choose your team first and then go into friend list. The way it is now, I'm forced to go into edit team for lesser used captains if I want to be able to use that team.

Holy shit what a multi lol! Congrats! Capone is really fun. I'm just waiting for content to use him on hehe. You have all of his best subs too, I imagine? Also, how do you plan on CCing him? Every single Capone on my friend list went with HP, but isn't RCV just better? I'm unsure.

Recovery is better but on his debut sugo he came with +100 HP and +100 ATK so the people you're seeing probably pulled him then.

I simply can't believe how many runs the top dudes have done

What are these people's lives like

The rewards aren't even that good for this ranking event either. The top guy has done over 1350 runs and at 2 minutes each, that's over 45 hours of playing. To put things in perspective, you could work a full time job with 5 hours overtime and that'll buy you much more than 150 gems. I just don't get why?????

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Recovery is better but on his debut sugo he came with +100 HP and +100 ATK so the people you're seeing probably pulled him then.

The rewards aren't even that good for this ranking event either. The top guy has done over 1350 runs and at 2 minutes each, that's over 45 hours of playing. To put things in perspective, you could work a full time job with 5 hours overtime and that'll buy you much more than 150 gems. I just don't get why?????

Oh that would explain it hahah. Recovery it is then! That kind of sucks for the people who pulled him on his debut then.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had some script running that played the game for them. Or maybe they're sharing the account. Or maybe they really have no lives. Last time I checked, the guy in first place for Team Luffy was also top 5 for Team Kata. Oh now he's Top 3 for Team Kata lolol.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, people are insane in this game for not great rewards.

I'm about 4300 on both sides, just gemmed to do 1 more Katakuri and the rest on Luffy. Should keep me in good place and I'll check in maybe an hour before it ends just to be sure. There's usually a final push

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

Real pirates don't work!!! They grind repetitive menial tasks all day long for... rainbow gems?

Oh that would explain it hahah. Recovery it is then! That kind of sucks for the people who pulled him on his debut then.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had some script running that played the game for them. Or maybe they're sharing the account. Or maybe they really have no lives. Last time I checked, the guy in first place for Team Luffy was also top 5 for Team Kata. Oh now he's Top 3 for Team Kata lolol.

Seen some people in the top 10 say this ranking was "dead and very laid" back lol. I thought I could get in the Katakuri top 100 if I gemmed a bit but turns out I'd need to triple or quadruple my points tally. That's a big nope.

Also did anyone else see there was a new leaker on the reddit? Some obvious stuff but also some interesting insider hindsight if true.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
There's an hour left and I'm starting to lose hope that they're going to add more tiers to the rewards like the site says they would :(

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
There's an hour left and I'm starting to lose hope that they're going to add more tiers to the rewards like the site says they would :(

All hope is not lost yet, we might get them retroactively after the event has ended, I remember it happened in the past! Might be a memorial turkey roast for 60M and another for 70M. Obviously hoping for a cheeky extra red poster but not counting on it, maybe if we had hit 100M...

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I finished at rank 805 for team luffy and rank 1428 for team Kat, so I will get 25 gems, 5 manuals and 6 sugo posters

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Top 5k for Luffy, Top 4k for Katakuri

Soooo three gems and four red posters, woo

Edit: looks like I'm team Donuts for part 2

Oct 25, 2017
Finished 300 on Luffy and 325 on Katakuri which will get me 6 reds and 40 gems. I'm missing 6 legends so naturally this should work out exactly how I"m hoping it will. This was probably the chillest ranking or maybe I was just blessed with a super quick easy team, I dunno. Either way, not how I was expecting things to go at all. Rewards should be distributed tomorrow at update o' clock so let's hope for the best.

Also, I'm #TeamMeat. All you pastry pansies are gonna feel real bad when I get 4 more gems than you.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
3202 and 3047 /: I hate that it always ends at like 5 AM for me, those last hours are the only point in time where you can really tell how bad the competition will get.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Spent one extra gem at the end to secure my placing, 4k for both. I ALMOST got 3k for Katakuri but I was trying to speed with an Enel team and didn't heal enough, somehow, and messed up timing. Not terrible, hopefully the 3 legends I get will make up for it.

#TeamKatakuri all the way. Donuts For Life!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Finished 377 for Luffy and 390 for Katakuri, which should net me 40 gems, 10 manuals and 5 red posters. Think I ended up spending 30 gems or so, worth it overall. Top 100 for the extra legend was a bridge too far.

Lucked out and I'm on #TeamMeat, feels good to be on the winning side. Say no to diabetes!

Very surprised Inu/Neko is being released on a TM sugofest, that means no Minks sugofest then for Carrot release. Pretty weird decision from Bandai. The other option was a worldwide release with a World Clash.

Also we're getting a free skull for Inu and Neko 6+, don't really need it but still pretty nice. The upcoming wave of event has been unveiled aswell. The Coliseum and FN vote thing isn't bad for farming support abilities actually. Pretty nice that we're getting max special for the winning coliseums while 3x exp ship is up too.

Not looking forward to farming Neo Enel though, hated it on Japan, might just do it once for gem completion.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the two times I pull legends at their debuts (Brook and V2 Katakuri) Bandai goes ahead and makes them just 1.35x point boosters. EAAAAAAAAT A DIIIIIIIICK!

And where my red dupes at???

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the two times a pull legends at their debuts (Brook and V2 Katakuri) Bandai goes ahead and makes them just 1.35x point boosters. EAAAAAAAAT A DIIIIIIIICK!

And where my red dupes at???
Why are they always late on these

Hopefully it won't be a week late like the world clash =/

Also yeah Kata and Luffy being the same boost as their batch is assholish

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
If you read the fine print, it specifically said "starting from 19:00 PST" so they are technically not late.

Bandai so smart.

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is that at Bandai HQ the internet is actually a series of pneumatic tubes and some low level employee has to manually load each red poster into the cylinders to be sent off to the players. There's no way this task could be automated from a tabulated list of what each player has earned because the excel spreadsheet level tech is simply far too advanced to have been developed yet.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I've missed all the news over the weekend so I log in today and there's like 10 new islands and I don't know where to begin.

My free legend was a new Inurashi. With their 6+s coming soon, that's great!

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Dupe Judge (3rd), Dupe v1 Sabo (my billionth at that) & Dupe v2 Doflamingo.

Aren't we supposed to get another red for hitting over 10k on any team?

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I got a Z.

Also I would have had a max skilled raid cracker if I didn't have that bad streak and go 0/10 yesterday.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Got V1 Aokiji, Franky, Magellan, Lucy, and Buggy. V1 Aokiji and Franky are new. I've always wanted Aokiji so I'm pretty stoked. I think I'll keep Magellan in his 5* form in case I need it for a low cost mission, but I'll probably Ray shop the other 2.

Only problem is that I don't have any blue skulls. I guess I could buy 2 with the 2 dupes I trade in.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Congrats to everyone who pulled something new!

My 5 tickets were straight from dupe city as expected : Magellan, V1 Fuji, V1 Law, V2 Rayleigh and V1 Kuzan (I got excited for nothing as usual....). Just wanted Blackbeard or Franky really....

Dupe Judge (3rd), Dupe v1 Sabo (my billionth at that) & Dupe v2 Doflamingo.

Aren't we supposed to get another red for hitting over 10k on any team?

Are we? This seems correct? One for winning side and then our personal ranking rewards. At least that's how it was on JP aswell? Would be weird if we got extra rewards later today since they sent the rest already but who knows.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to everyone who pulled something new!

My 5 tickets were straight from dupe city as expected : Magellan, V1 Fuji, V1 Law, V2 Rayleigh and V1 Kuzan (I got excited for nothing as usual....). Just wanted Blackbeard or Franky really....

Are we? This seems correct? One for winning side and then our personal ranking rewards. At least that's how it was on JP aswell? Would be weird if we got extra rewards later today since they sent the rest already but who knows.

The way they worded it, there should be 2 "global" awards; one for being on the winning team & one for getting any team over 10k in ranking.

People have been wondering if it was just badly worded and those two referred to the same reward, but apparently people who just did 1 quick match v.s. kata also got their red; so it can't be that the 10k one was the winning side legend.

It's kinda weird and the wording felt strange, so who knows really.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a roller-coaster of emotions

Ticket1: Literally Sengoku'd
Ticket2: My Xth dupe of DoffyV1
Ticket3: New Capone!

Excited for a new legend, means the whole blitz wasn't a total loss. Even better, Capone is boosted in the next TM so that's a new team I can make.

There's... a lot to do this week, not counting the TM that's starting at the end. Legend islands give a gem for clearing both difficulties, there's the Enel island, and Ganfor island (stupid easy but not guaranteed drop which stinks)

EDIT: TM Inforgraphic and planner is updated. I.... don't think I'm going to summon on this TM banner. I usually do one or two, but my gems are hurting from this latest even, Neko/Ino don't really interest me, and honestly, I've got enough boosted legends (6 of them!) that I won't be hurting for teams, I hope. Might start planning them out soon

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
The way they worded it, there should be 2 "global" awards; one for being on the winning team & one for getting any team over 10k in ranking.

People have been wondering if it was just badly worded and those two referred to the same reward, but apparently people who just did 1 quick match v.s. kata also got their red; so it can't be that the 10k one was the winning side legend.

I don't think there's anything ambiguous about how they worded it, not to mention that they show two red posters (next to the paragraph about winning team, and another next to the line about getting over 10k).

As for my pulls, V1 Lucci, Hody and my first dupe Franky which I'll keep for rankings.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

Just read the fine print and you're right, there's a weird part about 10k, completely missed that! Maybe we're getting 2 extra red tickets then. Or it was a typo and "10k" was meant to read "5k", as in get in the top 5k min to get 1 legend from personal ranking. Kinda strange they haven't distributed the 10k tickets by now though since they already distributed the personal ranking rewards.

Well that was a roller-coaster of emotions

Ticket1: Literally Sengoku'd
Ticket2: My Xth dupe of DoffyV1
Ticket3: New Capone!

Excited for a new legend, means the whole blitz wasn't a total loss. Even better, Capone is boosted in the next TM so that's a new team I can make.

There's... a lot to do this week, not counting the TM that's starting at the end. Legend islands give a gem for clearing both difficulties, there's the Enel island, and Ganfor island (stupid easy but not guaranteed drop which stinks)

EDIT: TM Inforgraphic and planner is updated. I.... don't think I'm going to summon on this TM banner. I usually do one or two, but my gems are hurting from this latest even, Neko/Ino don't really interest me, and honestly, I've got enough boosted legends (6 of them!) that I won't be hurting for teams, I hope. Might start planning them out soon

Grats on Capone! Big Daddy sure is popular lately.

Yeah don't farm Ganfor for support tokens, not worth it at all. I'd even say farming Enel isn't worth either. In the future we'll get much easier and better content to farm support tokens. Like EX Moria Coliseum. Quite a few events will give support tokens too.

So much new stuff to clear, won't say no to the extra free gems, going straight to the Luffy/Law fund ^^
TM shouldn't be too bad thanks to V2 Sabo and V2 WB being boosted aswell.