• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
The most notable thing I got from my Round 3 tickets was 20th Luffy, one of the RRs I was missing. Dupe City on the reds. On the plus side, I'll be able to nearly max Legend Usopp's support when we get it in Global.

LOL at Psy Boa 6+. They gave up on trying to fix her and just made a new unit.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Yay Cavendish dupe.... I'm pretty sure I've gotten him enough times to rainbow him but I never will since I'd rather have the Ray points...

I'm glad the games has slowed down, this will give me time to farm Colo kid since he's a part of so many teams. Using a double Buggy team to farm his 20 stamina Colo, almost every run so far has yielded me 2 copies of him. 50 copies will probably enough to max him, if not, I still have like 2 weeks to finish him.

Nami also looks pretty decent but idk if I actually want to farm her fn. There's quite a few cerebral/striker cd reducers and they have better stats than her. Robin would be great in certain situations but I feel like there's better units who can do what she does and with a lower cd.

Oct 27, 2017
Aww, we just had super success x2 and now we have it again? I want to skill up some guys.

Finally getting around to farming colo Kid since I have Magellan now.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
The JP community is so melodramatic on the subreddit, pitchforks are out in full force about the nerfs/changes to Kizuna. Then again it's mostly a handful of people leading the pack. "They ruined the MOST FUN game mode ever, it's GARBAGE now", feels like for most people it was only fun because 1) it gave 100 times more tablets than any other mode 2) you could cheese it with Magellan/Brook up to incredibly high levels (so much fun gameplay and smart team building). The mode still works in a very similar fashion, they just reduced the number of tablets you can get, they fixed Buggy duplicating tokens and they changed each stage mechanics (obviously geared towards the latest legends/LRRs).

The truth is the mode was way too generous in terms of tablets rewards, it still is 3-4x times better than TM. I'm sure Bandai didn't intend us to rainbow 5-6 legends every month. People expecting to Brook/Magellan their way through lvl 120 every month while Luffy/Law could only get up to lvl 60 last month and same for Koala/Sabo this month were kidding themselves. This mode is meant to be an extra reason to pull for the most recent units, now instead of just the next TM you can use them in the next Kizuna so more bang for your bucks. I actually expected Bandai to introduce Kizuna exclusive units. If Brook/Magellan could clear everything every month, that would make the whole thing pointless. Now I'm still not happy about the fact Kizun being on a monthly cycle, 6 months to max out Zoro/Sanji feels like a slog.

I expect Global to get the "nerfed" version at the end of the year but in case it's the original Brook/Magellan friendly version, definitely use up all the free stamina refill potions on that, they'll net us more tablets.

Apparently I have all these 1/2 stamina FNs maxed except Nami, so there's something to do at least. But I echo BlindCom with no new FN. Seems like we've been slowing down with them and I don't know why

FNs have become a monthly thing on JP for a while too I think. It's just that they could have given us the next FN a week earlier (even if it's just a one-time thing because of Hoe release), instead they seem determined to release the new FN + new Coliseum one week before the new TM. They have no issue taking liberties with the schedule otherwise.

Speaking of Colo Kidd, I can't help but notice Jack is a striker...

Yup strange coincidence. And his special is amazing for Colo Kidd aswell :thinkingemoji:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not much going on. Doing auto-FNs just for EXP and bailing. Not much else to say. I doubt anyone's pulling for Jack, right?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Getting quite close to having every relevant unit in my box at max level. I could probably go ham with my homies/lobsters/meatdonuts and do it, but I like to have those on hand for new stuff like FN and TM units. Of course if they'd just give us the next damn Garp challenge I could get more lobsters, but...

Also noticing that we keep getting our invasions on the hardest raids (with YWB coming on Cracker soon). Meanwhile JPN gets them on raid Vergo apparently. I want to try for the eighty billion blue skulls I need.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Carrot Sugo incoming!

Day 1 looks good actually for me, at a glance at least. Carrot, KataV2, AokijiV2, all of which I need.
Day2 is Brook and WBv2, Day3 is SaboV2 and G4v2.

I'll wait for the infographic but I might throw 2-3 multis at this. Or may just some 30 gems, we'll see. I know August is usually a good month for sugos so it might be better to wait, and trying to get a featured on their debut is never good. If timeline stays the same as JPN, we've got carrot now, then Barto/Cav in August, then Sanji/Judge in September.

Edit: wait this is just a normal sugo with more than carrot boosted (was just her on Jpn). Might do a 30 and bounce. Rates will probably be baaad

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I think Part 1 would be the safest for me. I only have 2 (Tesoro & Aokiji) from there.

But I'm not going to pull on this sugo anyway so it's a moot point.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Heh not a 2x legend rate but pretty understandable since this sugo is sandwiched between Snakeman vs Kata and French Anni. Would have skipped it even with a 2x legend rate anyway. While Carrot is pretty good for some niche dungeons and can speedfarm old easy content, she's not really a must have. She's stuck in that weird spot where she's not universally broken enough to carry a beginner's box (very hard to build teams for her) but she wouldn't really improve most veteran players' box (because she's pretty much useless for most very tough/long content released after her launch). She's more of a convenience unit imo. I do hope people go hard for her though so that I can leech with V1 6+ Rayleigh for the upcoming TM Nami ^^

MiTYH's schedule for this summer seems right but I still find it hard to believe that Barto/Cavendish will headline French Anni. Kinda expect Global to throw us a curve ball, maybe release Barto/Cav earlier in July and delaying French Anni until mid August or just swapping around V2 Germa batch and Barto/Cav batch.

Right now, unless French Anni is super duper amazing (like guaranteed Sanji/Judge or Barto/Cav or brand new OP legend on the 9th multi), I think I'll just save my gems until the end of the year. Would love to have 1100 gems by then, 450 for Luffy/Law then 600 on Koala/Sabo a week later (and then I can just quit after pulling neither of them).

It'd be cool to get content that isn't sugofest banners eventually

See you next TM! =p

Totally expect us to get the new FN, Coliseum Magellan and Raid Arlong + Invasion Linlin 6 days before TM Nami.

Actually missed out on a couple gems because of this "dead period", didn't realise the first set of Chopperman Missions ended yesterday, didn't quite reach 20 runs since I just did 3 runs per day for the gems...

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, I meant when FNs were actually fortnightly. It's a bit of a misnomer now, although I guess it was never officially called that, was it?

Yup they really should be called monthlies nowadays. I don't even know if they have an official name? Maybe it's "Replay Adventures" but I always assumed it was just for the returning ones.

Totally regret not having farmed Invasion Garp on JP, that's preventing me from farming the Kizuna past level 20. Going to rely on running the medium difficulty and popping some stamina potions to complete the last tier tomorrow, cutting it close...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
What is the liklihood any of these summer FNs will be boosted in the next TM on global? I ask because apparently I only got 1 copy of each and left it alone. But since it's 1/2 stamina dn we need to get skillups/powerups for chopperman gems, I might as well farm some of them. Thinking Violet and Perona have the best specials, at least it's something to do

Also, agree with the others, Sanji probbaly coming for french anni. Unfortunately they moved the TM dates back a week for Snakeman and seem to be sticking with that, so now because of plans in august I won't be around for that TM. Which stinks. Not sure how I'll manage it, should be able to get 1mil no problem but staying in new world will be tricky

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I finished maxing Colo Kidd, i got insanely unlucky when i was raising his special but at least it's done.
I gave a try to Chaos Colo Opera... he's damn annoying but not impossible, i want to find a team by myself but i don't have much time these days, and the Android 9 bug doesn't help...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my. Legend Shira/Mansherry and Legend Vivi/Rebecca. Both coming out before Legend Chopper, of course.

Not all info is out but wow do they do a lot of stuff. I think Shira/sherry is the better here, being able to remove 10 turns of any 2 debuffs, matching orbs, and 100x RCV. An optimal sub for any blind team for sure.

Does make me worried about the content we're going to see coming though. I didn't do the Kizuna battle too much but I know a lot of people grumbled over how hard it was even with Sabo/Koala

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
This Rayleigh tome island is so sad now

Should revamp it to give you five good specific tomes or something

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wooo as many of us hoped and expected, we're getting that Reverie Royals batch yeah. Pretty much a One Piece Princesses batch (where are Kureha and Dalton...). Didn't expect two new dual legends, we truly have entered a new era.

Yeah I agree that Shira/Mansherry is looking pretty solid so far, especially as a sub. Here's the list of debuffs they can remove. They do work on the two most annoying debuffs, "orbs count as badly matching" and "only normal damage allowed" but these 2 are applied for 99+ turns usually so far. It's unclear whether they'll trigger interrupt with their specials or not, if they don't, that's amazing because they provide matching orbs aswell. As captain, they should be pretty decent since they are a rainbow lead and should be able to survive very high nukes on death. Hearing that their dual form will only last one turn though, which would be a first for a dual unit legend. Probably Bandai way of balancing them.

Vivi sharing her legend with Rebecca is a bit disappointing. As a unit they are interesting but they could have been so much better. They are similar to V2 Kata with their colour affinity based captain ability. I think that makes them weaker and harder to use. They are seemingly rainbow leaders but their special only boosts colour affinity for Striker and Cerebral units. Should have just given them a rainbow 2x CA boost for one turn. Removing both blue and rainbow shields entirely is neat though, pretty much Pekoms 5+.

What is the liklihood any of these summer FNs will be boosted in the next TM on global? I ask because apparently I only got 1 copy of each and left it alone. But since it's 1/2 stamina dn we need to get skillups/powerups for chopperman gems, I might as well farm some of them. Thinking Violet and Perona have the best specials, at least it's something to do

I think it's highly unlikely that they'll be boosted for this TM but maybe in a future TM. I maxed out Perona aswell to complete the Chopperman missions. Might work on Violet since she's the other useful unit from these FNs.

I finished maxing Colo Kidd, i got insanely unlucky when i was raising his special but at least it's done.
I gave a try to Chaos Colo Opera... he's damn annoying but not impossible, i want to find a team by myself but i don't have much time these days, and the Android 9 bug doesn't help...

Have you maxed out Neko and Pedro yet? I suggest working on those instead of Opera, Neko especially is very useful for Powerhouse teams and these are going to dominate for a while.

Does make me worried about the content we're going to see coming though. I didn't do the Kizuna battle too much but I know a lot of people grumbled over how hard it was even with Sabo/Koala

This Kizuna was definitely quite harder without Koala/Sabo because they are just the only unit in the entire game to get rid of the "badly matching" debuff and it's so easy for Bandai to build contents for them. I relied so much on Koala/Sabo FC that it's not funny. Also noticed that my friendlist started switching from having a ton of Luffy/Law to having more Koala/Sabo because they have just been essential.

I do think this is an "unexpected" side effect of this "dual unit only" era we've entered these last few months. Yes they are very hype units and yes they are all very powerful, they can do so much more than a normal unit/legend. They usually can remove 2-3 debuffs between their special and swap ability and they cover 2-3 buffs aswell. But it means recently released content have been geared towards teams being able to handle 7-8 debuffs and interrupts instead of 2-3 possibly in the past. And that's a killer blow for "traditionnal teams" where your captain removes one debuff at most and then your support units deal with the rest.

New units can do so much more so the game throws a lot more at you. Bosses HP value is through the roof, health cuts/tap timing damage has been nerfed into the ground to make these 2.25/2.5x boosts essential. Slot bind, paralysis, badly matching, silence, bind are just everywhere.

I'm currently obsessed with Koala/Sabo, I have never seen a new legend that is so essential to progression. Kinda wish the community picked "Special B" when we built Inu/Neko, at least they might have been easier to obtain and earlier too on Global.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Have you maxed out Neko and Pedro yet? I suggest working on those instead of Opera, Neko especially is very useful for Powerhouse teams and these are going to dominate for a while.
Yeah i have none of them, i'll try to get those instead then. Neko isn't really hard and Colo Pedro shouldn't be that hard. Thanks for the advice

On another note i can't believe Mansherry & freaking Rebecca got a legend version before Chopper... I could see that kind of special on him

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, also a bit disappointed to not get a solo Vivi legend, she more than deserves it. But these units are cool anyway, and pairing Shirahoshi with someone else was a nice way to give her a "V2" despite her not really doing enough in Reverie to get one otherwise. Didn't expect Mansherry or Pink Gold Nami to ever get legends though.

Also wanted to see Wapol and Kinderella get RRs, but oh well. I'm guessing Coby will be similar to his LRR design, and Viola getting a third RR is pretty unusual (though she'll presumably be another Beri lead, which could be fun). Getting "Connie" is cool.

Time to wonder if they'll start up Wano content next cycle or not. I think they could still put it off another month or two, but they've been pretty close to the anime content lately. I wouldn't mind getting an RR cycle of the Wano Strawhats since they all have aliases or disguises. Would have been a good time for V2 Zoro but we already got that.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done much with the game besides the quests that reset. We need Colo Magellan. I rainbowed the current colo units. Now I got to decide whether I want to save my 400+ gems for French Anni, or spend some during part one for Carrot. I really want her.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Good luck to everyone pulling tonight!

Don't want to sound alarming but they have stopped adding the daily easy free gem island on JP for a week now, since the return of Kizuna Kessen basically. So instead of getting 3 gems per day, players only get 2 now (mail + chopperman). Could just be temporary and Bandai putting the playerbase on a gems diet after 5th anni. Or could be definitive because JP now has daily turtles and tomes/cotton candies islands. Doubt that will make it its way to Global anyway.

Yeah i have none of them, i'll try to get those instead then. Neko isn't really hard and Colo Pedro shouldn't be that hard. Thanks for the advice

On another note i can't believe Mansherry & freaking Rebecca got a legend version before Chopper... I could see that kind of special on him

Yeah they should be easier, you might want to bring some form of damage reduction to tank Colo Pedro death nuke, Raid Barto or Coated Sunny special works well. They both are pretty useful F2P units, still used to this day.

I've given up on a Chopper legend, the community has failed me voting for Inu/Neko instead of Usopp/Chopper months ago T_T
There might be a window for him in Wano but that would be a dual unit then (a pretty hype one though!)

Yeah, also a bit disappointed to not get a solo Vivi legend, she more than deserves it. But these units are cool anyway, and pairing Shirahoshi with someone else was a nice way to give her a "V2" despite her not really doing enough in Reverie to get one otherwise. Didn't expect Mansherry or Pink Gold Nami to ever get legends though.

Also wanted to see Wapol and Kinderella get RRs, but oh well. I'm guessing Coby will be similar to his LRR design, and Viola getting a third RR is pretty unusual (though she'll presumably be another Beri lead, which could be fun). Getting "Connie" is cool.

Time to wonder if they'll start up Wano content next cycle or not. I think they could still put it off another month or two, but they've been pretty close to the anime content lately. I wouldn't mind getting an RR cycle of the Wano Strawhats since they all have aliases or disguises. Would have been a good time for V2 Zoro but we already got that.

Coby could have got a dual legend with Helmeppo too. Bandai just hates Drum Island arc, it's not just Chopper who's being ignored. They should release a cheeky Celestial Dragons/Evil Royals batch with Wapol, Stelly, Charlos and legend Roswald riding Kuma.

I think the anime reaching Wano is such a big event and milestone, Bandai will probably try cash in like they did with Luffy vs Kata fight. A Wano Strawhats batch would make a lot of sense for sure, I totally expect a Luffy/Zoro legend.

I haven't done much with the game besides the quests that reset. We need Colo Magellan. I rainbowed the current colo units. Now I got to decide whether I want to save my 400+ gems for French Anni, or spend some during part one for Carrot. I really want her.

Listen to your heart... >.> <.< <---- desperately needs Carrot FC for next TM

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'll get a Chopper/O-Lin dual legend.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Man, farming these summer FN girls makes me REALLY want the QOL options they teased earlier. Stacking evolvers and selling from the completion screen mostly. Hopefully we get those before summer ends

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible rates on global. Going to sit this one out.

BUT! On Japan my luck is fire! First multi was nothing at all. Second was BMv2, secret red to Nami, and the Shira/Mansherry!!!!! I can't think of a better multi than that in a long time

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I did one multi and got 2x opera 2x Stussy & 1 Galette, there is no way i get a good legend with those rates & Bavarois looks meh so i'll stop right here.

GL to anyone who go for Carrot.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ranking really requires you to have some select legends or RRs. Found this team though that I cleared it with:

WBv2/WBv2
Psy Hatchan/Dex Perspero
Log Ace/Psy Judge

Use WBv2, then Judge to release the bind. Log Ace, Hatchan, Pero, and Wbv2. You need at least matching orbs on the two WBs, if not reset. I had 4/6 matching orbs and it was enough to get me around 36mil.

Didn't realize we got a character at 35mil, that was neat.
*reads* Oh, she's a support unit to just Carrot. That makes sense. Still, special is good to reduce cooldowns and delay enemies, I'm sure she'll be boosted in the TM

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on reddit posted 44 multi 0 Carrot.
Disgusting.

Holy hell, that's.... terrible. At least spread it out over the days, maybe get some different legends or something. But still, mega yikes on that.

Been playing with BMv2 on JPN. So much HP and teams available to me, it's nuts. Haven't even messed with Shia/Mansherry but I Imagine she's more of an optimal sub than leader anyway

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell, that's.... terrible. At least spread it out over the days, maybe get some different legends or something. But still, mega yikes on that.
In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have changed the odds that, considering how low Carrot's rates are on the gimmicked pulls.

It's really unacceptably low. It's frustrating that there's no recourse and honestly between the global rates and how Japan is just going full bore into "Boy hope you have the latest legend that does a unique thing or you're fffffucked" the future of the game is looking a bit grim =\

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have changed the odds that, considering how low Carrot's rates are on the gimmicked pulls.

It's really unacceptably low. It's frustrating that there's no recourse and honestly between the global rates and how Japan is just going full bore into "Boy hope you have the latest legend that does a unique thing or you're fffffucked" the future of the game is looking a bit grim =\

At least here, Carrot isn't THAT great. Waifu sure, but in the grand scheme of things she's niche. Boosted for this TM, but beyond that there's nothing I can think of that she's absolutely needed for. Even the ranking this time has a number of non-carrot teams.

But I hear you on the future. Once Luffy/Law and Sabo/Koala come, if the rates are this low.... ehhhh that wont be good.

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
In any case I got Stussy and Gallete. Used all my garbo support books on Stussy since it seems kinda nuts.

Last edited: