• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
I still enjoy the game and don't plan on stopping any time soon, but I have no problem just logging in, doing three quests, and skating for the day. I'll even just log in for the mail and call it if I'm particularly lazy that day. Also have skipped maxing a few units here and there who didn't seem vital (Colo Opera for one, his best feature seems to be his sailor ability that he starts with). Basically, don't worry about taking it easy for a day or three if you need to.

As far as the game getting more P2P, I'm not terribly worried there. But I also just shoot for, say, maintaining New World status on TMs (I don't even go for the top 4k extra red if it's too much effort). If we come across some point where a new raid is completely impossible without the new 0.033% legend pull, well, I'll re-assess then.

(I don't think the Carrot thing is absolutely the new normal going forward - we've already got Jack with better rates. But they might try and gouge us with some particularly desired units. The next two legends will be a good test: I suspect they'll see Sanji/Judge as desirable but Barto/Cabbage might not be quite at the same level)

I am also enjoying the game a lot. Pulling G4 Luffy from a tm reward helped out though. I too will log in and just get the gem, along with skipping out on playing three quests for the other gem. I always feel that I have enough gems to pull on the bigger sugos. If I have enough gems then I will usually do 1 30 gem multi on each sugo. Gradually pulling every now and then has kept me from dropping the game like I did a year ago. I have been lucky with pulls so that helps me feel part of the meta. I still haven't ranked above 2000 in TM to move into the next league. Not sure how many of you spend actual money on the game, I use google surveys and just save that up and spend those earnings towards gems. It's not much but it helps.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Oh cool Nami actually clears your buffs on delay, not just enraging. Cool that I didn't see that in any guide. :/

(I think my plan still works tho)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not really feeling this TM. The fact that none of my teams are above ~2.3x doesn't help.

Really sucks if OPTC is getting more and more P2W.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
This TM does suck.

In other news. Another sugo with guaranteed Nami and Boa!?
3lVUQGj.png

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I barely dropped overnight, people really are just not doing this one huh

This TM does suck.

In other news. Another sugo with guaranteed Nami and Boa!?
What the hell? Ugh, all I can think now when we get stuff early is "Oh boy, another treasure map that's going to be fucked up when they dont boost these dudes"

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Classic Bamco trying to bait us into spending all our gems before Anni. This has to be setup for their 6+ versions too. I don't have Nami and she is one of the best supports but I think I still want to chance the terrible rates for French Anni.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
EVERYTHING IS WEAK! I think this is a product of not having the 1.5x bird but wow, everything is a slog. And not hitting ant stamina refills either. Granted, double Neptune autoing a FN is 85k EXP but that's still not going to be enough to get me close to leveling up.

I want legends sure, but at what cost?

Also Nami/Boa is a thankful skip for me. I've got both, I can safely ignore.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Here are my poverty teams for Nami. I actually have ZERO Carrot FC, I'm pretty surprised. I did refresh a lot at some point and managed to get two guest ones. But my Nami team works fine with a Jack FC at first anyway. It should work with double 6+ V1 Rayleigh too. I'll tweak the teams a bit later but so far so good.

Here are teams on JP for Sakazuki/Issho. Going very smoothly, I'm finding quite a few Vivi/Rebecca FCs fortunately.

I'm still really enjoying this game. More than ever possibly, I think it's heading overall in the right direction with more open communication, QoL changes and new events to keep the Global schedule busier. The two negative things for me are :

1) The recent lower rates for two new legends (Carrot and V2 Katakuri). I don't think it will apply to every single popular new legend in the future and they mentionned they heard of the backlash so they might revert to the usual rates. I also think it's balanced by the amount of discounted multis, all gold multis and more importantly guaranteed legends we're getting. Guaranteed Nami soon is another great deal. She's relevant again with her 6+, pretty good lead for 3rd Kizuna and the current Akainu/Fujitora TM.

2) Switching the older TM units to 1.1x. This one is pretty disappointing because we've been used to incredibly easy TM on Global since the mode launched. They could take the recent JP approach and boosting 3-4 random older TM units at 1.2x and not boost the rest I guess. If the playerbase gets vocal about this, they might tweak it again but it's obvious they want (need?) to nerf the TM pace on Global. I never pull on TM sugos, I hardly ever have the higher boosted legends yet I could reach 10M without gemming. Even right now, the current TM on JP is slower than our nerfed TM Nami even though I have higher points multipliers. Bandai are clearly trying to find a middle ground.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the state of the game, even on JP. I don't mind just logging on to get my 3 gems and bounce, I probably do that one week per month on Global, 2 weeks on JP. I cannot wait for Kizuna mode to arrive on Global. I can't wait for the QoLs either. Also feels like a World Clash type of event is coming, most probably why they are releasing 6+ Boa and Nami very early (absolutely stocked about that, except TM Akainu/Fujitora will suck in 7 months).

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
May as well post my teams too even though it's a bit late. Sadly the Galette team isn't working as well as I'd expected. It should have held me to 6 million+ HP on Nami with a friend Galette (and to absurd levels with a Carrot), but due to Nami clearing buffs on delay (which I guess all the JPN guides missed), it won't manage those same numbers. Shame on me for thinking a boosted debut RR who is designed to specifically work with the debut Legend would be useful against the TM boss. :/

It'll still carry me for a while though. I'll just swap TM Law in later on, even though that'll lower my point multiplier. All the other teams work fine, at least. There doesn't seem to be a great spot for a Buggy captain here (Brownbeard would probably be doable but he specifically counters ATK boosts), which is a shame. Still using him for free mastery points though.

But yeah, this is pretty miserable. All Bandai had to do was one of:

1. Keep TM Law at the regular boost.
2. Boost literally any silence reducer besides the rarest Booster RR and a LRR that nobody pulled for.
3. Not make Carrot so absurdly rare that we could actually expect to have some on our friend list.

And this would be a bit more doable. I feel bad for anyone who didn't farm Colo Shiryu at some point.

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oof gonna have to do a total tear down on my Rayleigh team

Died fighting him on the MAP

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Oof gonna have to do a total tear down on my Rayleigh team

Died fighting him on the MAP
Colo Oven and Invasion Garp tear him apart.
Had my first death on level...5? No Carrot friend, so ran double Barto. Didn't do enough damage to kill so Nami rewound my specials by 10 and gained damage immunity. I don't have a strategy for dealing with the special seal.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Colo Oven and Invasion Garp tear him apart.
Had my first death on level...5? No Carrot friend, so ran double Barto. Didn't do enough damage to kill so Nami rewound my specials by 10 and gained damage immunity. I don't have a strategy for dealing with the special seal.
Ah, thanks, a colo oven team does the trick beautifully

Oct 27, 2017
Got to 1 mil. Not sure I'll be able to reach 7, or even 5. 3 seems possible, though, and I'll get all the Cavendish skulls at least.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently rank 158 with 1.7 million points in Grand line. It's tempting to stay in this league since it's so damn easy but I really want to get those free legend even though they're just going to be 10k ray points.

This TM doesn't feel any worse than the others to me, but then again I usually don't have any RR boosters. It also helps that I'm not in the new world. It sucks that some of the teams that I absolutely need a TM characters on gets a slight point need but x2.78 isn't that far from x2.98 imo.

My dupe was Chinjao.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Updated to ray v1. Works a lot better than Barto. Not tried him with Carrot friend yet though, it'll cripple his multiplier boost.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Still grinding to get those skulls.Not sure if ill even get close to 5 million, but I am going to shoot for rank higher than 2000. Want to get into the next league.

Also did any of you see the new JP Summer Waifu batch?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
6+ Shira here to solidify herself as best sub. Jesus what an upgrade, Enel+ loves her.
New waifu batch is.... yeah, what else can be said?

Hit 1mil and climbing on global, seem to be hovering around 3333 ranking, which is fine so far. We'll see how it goes as I get closer to 5mil

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Also did any of you see the new JP Summer Waifu batch?

Things this game did not need: Summer Sugar.

At least they were restrained with her, as opposed to...whatever is going on in Kalifa's art.

6+ Shira is nice. Just a numbers bump and some debuff removal, but she's still extremely useful so that's more than enough. Curious to see if Marco gets similar treatment with his eventual 6+...would really like to see his orb boost get increased.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Hey Shirahoshi finally got her 6+, and it's pretty good Enel will love it indeed !

Here comes the summer batch, am i missing something or Vivi/Kalifa/Sugar CA are weird, you have to play them together i guess. Also that Smoothie 👀

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Hey guys! Have you seen the new b... oh

Fan service and 1000 years old lolis aside... get ready for World Clash Bikini Edition! Going by their specials, there will be quite a few nasty debuffs to deal with. Sugar/Khalifa/Vivi are the three main units it seems, will need INT, PSY and DEX crews so hopefully 6+ Nami, 6+ Boa, Warco, V2 Shanks will be useful for this upcoming event. Carrot is much less situationnal than the other 3, she packs good utility and could fit quite a few teams as a 2x orb booster. Smoothie is whatever, just a freebie for players who don't want to spend on this ranking probably.

And yeah 6+ Shira is pretty much what we predicted and expected : slight upgrade to her CA and some nice utility added to her special. She's definitely Enel's BFF now yeah. She was too OP to really get a huge upgrade.

May as well post my teams too even though it's a bit late. Sadly the Galette team isn't working as well as I'd expected. It should have held me to 6 million+ HP on Nami with a friend Galette (and to absurd levels with a Carrot), but due to Nami clearing buffs on delay (which I guess all the JPN guides missed), it won't manage those same numbers. Shame on me for thinking a boosted debut RR who is designed to specifically work with the debut Legend would be useful against the TM boss. :/

But yeah, this is pretty miserable. All Bandai had to do was one of:

1. Keep TM Law at the regular boost.
2. Boost literally any silence reducer besides the rarest Booster RR and a LRR that nobody pulled for.
3. Not make Carrot so absurdly rare that we could actually expect to have some on our friend list.

And this would be a bit more doable. I feel bad for anyone who didn't farm Colo Shiryu at some point.

Thanks for posting your teams, I actually upgraded two of mine, got rid of double TM Law for Rayleigh, just rocking double Invasion Garp for a better multiplier. Also my TM Nami is ready now so using her for the Brownbeard team.

Out of those 3 points, nr 1 is definitely the worst offender. I don't mind them switching up the schedule but they NEED to keep the revelant units boosted for the right TM.

And yeah I mentionned the Colo Shiryu thing a few times, mine wasn't ready on JP and had to level him up and LB him in emergency. Was horrified when I checked later on my GLB account and saw he was still unevolved lol. Made sure to rainbow him next time he came back!

Hit 1mil and climbing on global, seem to be hovering around 3333 ranking, which is fine so far. We'll see how it goes as I get closer to 5mil

I'm sitting on 1.8M, at navigation level 16 and I'm rank 2458. I'm going slower points wise, which was to be expected, but more surprisingly I'm wayyyyy behind rankings wise. I'm usually hovering around rank 1k by this time of the TM and I did 2-3 more runs than usual already so far. Which leads me to think a lot of people have spent gems on this TM sugo and are running better teams than me.

I thought most people would boycott and settle for less but since I'm playing harder than usual and ranking significantly lower despite running the usual F2P teams, I guess Bandai was right to do what they did.................

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Gallete is definitely my MVP for this treasure map.

Still managing to beat Nami pretty easily without Carrots

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for posting your teams, I actually upgraded two of mine, got rid of double TM Law for Rayleigh, just rocking double Invasion Garp for a better multiplier.

The other nice thing about that team is that it can pair with Legend Jack friends for a bit more multiplier (and XP).

(also makes it quite clear how much more common Jack is on my friends list compared to Carrot)

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
(also makes it quite clear how much more common Jack is on my friends list compared to Carrot)
I consider Carrot essentially unreleased. There's a few whale people I ended up with on my list who I can always count on to have the latest stuff and only a single one of them got Carrot.

Edit: I wonder how many carrots are actually in circulation. Less than five thousand? Less than one thousand??

Oct 25, 2017
I consider Carrot essentially unreleased. There's a few whale people I ended up with on my list who I can always count on to have the latest stuff and only a single one of them got Carrot.

Edit: I wonder how many carrots are actually in circulation. Less than five thousand? Less than one thousand??
I've only got one on my list. Been hurtin for it to show...

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
The other nice thing about that team is that it can pair with Legend Jack friends for a bit more multiplier (and XP).

I actually use Jack for my Nami team, same multiplier as Carrot and much more common as you said. Since he's a rainbow captain he pairs up pretty well with 6+ Ray.

Yeah I see more Inu/Neko and Jack than Carrot. None of the whales on my friendlist have her it seems. I lucked out though and managed to add three guests Carrot, just they seem to play during different times or seldomly. Don't need her for Nami though. *shrugs*

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I got V1 Boa from my 3 million ticket and str Kuma from my second RR... I'm starting to believe that the free red tickets were traps to promote me into the new world. :/

Hopefully more people will start getting to 5 million for their 2 tickets. It seems like a lot of people in the new world is either playing slowly or just playing to get Nami/Cavendish finished. I suppose I can just play extremely casually next TM to get demoted if I really want to get back into grand line.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, that World Seeker collaboration ended up being a reskinned tea time homie. Used it to power up a max levelled character out of spite.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
My 5 million point ticket was v1 Law. I guess I'll just play TM casually since there's no way I'm staying in this league. Maybe I'll stop going for points and just use the units that actually need the mastery points.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Is anyone taking the Rainbow Road every time? Did it once and it went as badly as it would in Mario Kart.