• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
They're finally giving us that Vivi we missed all those years ago because we didn't farm enough, lol

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Lots to do now for events but Vergo is the priority for time since he leaves first. Thankfully it's easy as hell. Found a simple Snakeman team so I'm doing my 15 runs and bouncing.

Really curious as why we have Shira+ so early. Makes me think another Jpn VS Global but the power creep between the two is laughable at this point that Shira doesn't make the difference

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Got a nice surprise with the first free Stampede multi :

Screenshot-2019-08-06-14-05-17.png

Seen quite a few teams using her as a sub, pretty excited! Only missing 3 dual legends now on JP : Luffy/Law, Koala/Sabo and Inu/Neko.

Also is there a V1 6+ doffy coming?

Yup he's coming with TM Doffy since you get his 5 evo skulls from TM rewards (2 million points or something). Should be September TM.

They're finally giving us that Vivi we missed all those years ago because we didn't farm enough, lol

Lol that's actually a nice touch. One of the few events we actually failed on Global.

So much stuff to farm today and so many gems to earn! Starting with Neo Vergo, I'm surprised how easy he is. Using a very quick double Snakeman team. Can't wait to start farming Summer Reiju and Conis and will try max out the older summer units too with the Bikini Blitz coming up in a few months.

Bought Megalo, Buggy duplicated two silver homies again..........

Really curious as why we have Shira+ so early. Makes me think another Jpn VS Global but the power creep between the two is laughable at this point that Shira doesn't make the difference

Even though I think there will be a World Clash before the end of the year, Shira won't matter yeah. Pretty sure it's because her 6+ fits the "lore" of the Summer Bikini sugofest. It's the right timing to release her. Beach, bikini, summer yeah....

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It's not surprising, but Neo Nightmare Luffy is quite useful against Neo Vergo, if you're going for a non-Snakeman Powerhouse team.

boo they just sent out Megalo in the mail, no compensation

I'd briefly considered buying him during the error period in the hope that they'd do a refund compensation, but I decided against it.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that there's no compensation but at least you get a decent ship. Also Vergo is pretty easy, I think double snakeman teams are overkill. I've been running a jack + snakeman team, I'm going to try to make a double Jack or a Jack + Neptune teams. It should be doable but I'll probably need RR Pedro instead of Linlin.

Edit: Neptune + Jack team won't work with my current units but here's a double Jack team for those who were lucky enough to pull him:
Use Magellan on stage 4 and on stage 5 use Shanks x2 then everyone else. It should have more than enough damage to kill him in 1 turn.

Edit 2: after messing around with my supports, my Neptune + Jack team finally has enough damage to kill him. If you have ATK CC on your units, you probably don't need supports.

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm running a double V2 Shanks team for Vergo that's ridiculously easy

Just two shankses, Neo Nightmare Luffy and three qck units of your choice. I suggest Colo Magellan or TM Jack for stage 4 and V1 Doffy for orb boost so you can just super overkill him(I've done it without even an orb boost so it's just for convenience)

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Woah Stampede Brook looks sick!!

h3_chara_tc_brook5.png

Just seen the latest Stampede info. Hmmm it's a TM sugo, with legend Bullet (he's a giant mech??!!) and 4 Strawhats as RRs (Robin, Sanji, Brook and Chopper). Surely there will be a 2nd Stampede batch then with Luffy, Zoro and co.

Next TM is confirmed to be Stampede Smoker. And we're getting yet another version of that chump C-POS Lucci, going to be a V2 Raid. Also there's a new Fujitora who's going to be a reward for some kind of Marines event starting right after the TM ends. Very busy August on JP aswell. Looks like Bandai has finally figured out to make us farm 24/7!

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Wow the next TM sugo is horseshit.

TM boosters on 3 and 9 instead of 2 and 5. Guaranteed red on 4 and 7 instead of 3/6/9. What the actual fuck?

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
If Jinbe is a 2x point booster, I can kind of see it making sense.... not saying it's great or anything, especially since TM boosters are devalued now. Usually TM boosters guaranteed on 5th multi are 1.75x no? Replacing the guaranteed reds is pretty bad tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Nine multis for a TM point booster, you know just in case you have a extra few hundred bucks to burn. I don't know what crack they're smoking at Bandai HQ but they're out of their goddamn minds.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
So happy I pulled more on French anni I was going to pull on the TM since I may not have time this go round but decided against it.

Why bother having a fan feedback thing if they're just going to trash the monthly events?

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
So happy I pulled more on French anni I was going to pull on the TM since I may not have time this go round but decided against it.

Why bother having a fan feedback thing if they're just going to trash the monthly events?
The most hilarious announcement to me is saying that TM Jinbei will get 5k raypoints

YOU KNOW

FOR ALL THOSE DUPE JINBEIS YOU'LL GET

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Why are they trying to not get us to play? That TM Sugo is terrible. RIP ever obtaining Carrot and Cracker forever.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
You know what? Pretty sure Global thought it was a sensible and acceptable change lol. TM Jinbe was guaranteed on the 13th multi on this exact same sugo on JP (Pound on the 2nd multi though). The 2nd TM booster wasn't even guaranteed on JP until recently where they made them available on the 13th multi (still the case in the most recent sugo)

But yeah going by Global standards it's a big downgrade, going from 5th to 9th (?). That plus the older TM boosters being phased out and now the TM units being downgraded to 1.1x multiplier. It's pretty clear that both versions are trying to reach a middle ground but the problem is they started so far apart of each other. If Global TMs were 5% in terms of difficulty, JP ones were like 105% pain in the butt.

I think it's Global trying to push the envelope and make more money because the JP version is printing money with much more predatory sugofests (despite the lower gem cost) and a considerably bigger grind.

Wonder what the rates for Cracker will be. He's a beastly unit, maybe the best sub in game, just perfect for the broken leads. He's like in every single team for people who want to clear tough content easily. But now no one will pull for him surely. :p

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
This shooting gallery challenge is pure hell. Just spent the last 45 mins trying to do this crap.......... Don't think I've ever been this annoyed at any OPTC content.....

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Managed the shooter one first try

Using V2 Akainu for so long has left me able to hit 6 perfects with tap timing debuffed and blind

Lol and this is why I never use V2 Akainu, except as sub for V2 Shanks. I suck so bad at tap-timing honestly. It's made worse by running Zunesha or Doffy's ship 99% of the time. That's why I need overkill teams, I can still throw in a random miss mid-combo and not fail. :p

Anyway got all challenges done now, yay for 50x 1 CC! Since the QoL patch, I think getting CC from quest is a big turn off because it's pretty much the only drop that doesn't stack. Even started to run pig forests to get some mules. Knew these keys would be useful one day...

Oct 27, 2017
2x skill up came just in time. Box was full of Reijus and Vergos.

Are there any guides or anything for the summer challenges?

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
2x skill up came just in time. Box was full of Reijus and Vergos.

Are there any guides or anything for the summer challenges?

Toadskii made a a good video guide. Didn't need Ussop-un if you don't kill the wrong ghosts on the Perona stage.

2x skill up didn't go too well for me, 6/15 on Neo Vergo, means I have to run him a lot more.

And we're getting another red ticket in Ray Shop already?! Plus some LRR ticket for 30k and 3 gold tickets for 3k, this is something JP never got. 82k RP total, right after spending 50k, starting to add up but it's great for whales.

No wonder the TM sugo emphasized the fact Jinbe was worth 5k RP. If they keep releasing these tickets regularly the value of RP is going through the roof.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... I really hope that 30k ticket isn't a LRR ticket or else I'd have to choose between using my rp for that or the red ticket. How many of the LRR actually see normal use? I know Bonney and Tashigi sees some use but the others? Most of them seem niche and it's why I never try pulling them. On the other hand, the chances of me getting a new legends is really slim... But I want more chances at getting Jack...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Skillup came just in time and went pretty well

2 copies of AkainuV2: 0-> max with books.Had 34 and still have a bunch left
ColoKatakuri: 0-> 4 but I only had 8 copies, need to keep farming him
NeoVergo: 0->8 with 14 copies. Will probably use silver books to finish him off
SummerReiju: 0-> 7 with 8 copies, need to keep farming
SummerConis: 0-> 0 with 2 copies, haven't even started farming

Spending today trying to find an underground buggy team for Katakuri, then working on Conis since I finished the Reiju missions already.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Vergo and Reiju (i miss u 4x skill up) on to Conis

...boy Conis is a huge pain in the ass huh

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Vergo and Reiju (i miss u 4x skill up) on to Conis

...boy Conis is a huge pain in the ass huh
I thought Reiju was more of a pain. Til I figured out she gives you buffs. Conis is now simple with this team I made. I am having terrible luck with Vergo special ups. fed six copies and got one special up. Still need to finish up the last summer girls stages to finish all the chopper missions.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Why does every other version of Katakuri have a better attack animation than the V1 legend? I'm praying for a 6+ of him.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
On the JP side, Bullet and his batch have been datamined. He's pretty good even though he's not a dual unit. He has an interesting design with two unique traits that work well together. The first rainbow attack unit, he will have type advantage against every single colour even though he's STR! Pretty much means you want to end your attack chain with him :

• Captain: STR/QCK/INT Characters ATK 4x, HP 1.2x, Own ATK 4.5x, STR/QCK/INT Characters will treat STR/QCK/INT orbs as beneficial, all of his own attacks are super effective against all color types
  • Special: Cut HP of 1 enemy by 20% that will ignore damage negating abilities and barriers, for 2 tuns at the end of the turn inflict 2x the amount of damage done by himself on that that turn to all enemies in typeless damage
  • Sailor 1: He himself will deal 2x damage against QCK enemies with normal attacks
  • Sailor 2: +300 to himself when he is the last person in the chain to attacks
Pros :
1) 4x ATK unconditionnal rainbow lead AND 1.2x HP boost, that's very high!
2) Rainbow atk and own 4.5x ATK boost
3) A stronger V2 Doffy type of special which takes into account the damage you deal that turn and applies it as a end of turn damage, more straightforward to use.

Cons :
1) He has a V2 Doffy/V2 Kata/Enel type of special so he's completely shutdown by that "normal attack only" debuff. A debuff that is so prevalent nowadays and often applied for 99 turns with no way to remove it entirely.
2) Big damage but only provide 3 matching orbs for 3 types, no utility, he needs his squad to provide the atk/orb/colour affinity boosts.

I don't think this is our 5th anni batch, especially since it's a TM sugo. Need to wait and see the next two batches (Stampede part 2? Wano nr 1?)

Hmmm... I really hope that 30k ticket isn't a LRR ticket or else I'd have to choose between using my rp for that or the red ticket. How many of the LRR actually see normal use? I know Bonney and Tashigi sees some use but the others? Most of them seem niche and it's why I never try pulling them. On the other hand, the chances of me getting a new legends is really slim... But I want more chances at getting Jack...

Yeah I'm waiting to get more info about that 30K ticket. The "special" wording is a bit worrying because if the pool includes secret characters like New Year, Christmas, Summer units and TM boosters too, that's not worth it at all for me. But considering the pricing, which is 2/3rd of a legend ticket, I assume that it's an LRR only ticket and I might pull. Like you, I never ever pull for LRR because I don't think they are worth the gems investment. But some of them are very good for sure. Bonney, Doffy, Koala, Pudding and a couple others. They see a lot of play in optimal teams but there often is a way to "replace" them.

I think the Legend ticket will include all the legends but hopefully I'm wrong and it's another great ticket like the one we just got.

I thought Reiju was more of a pain. Til I figured out she gives you buffs. Conis is now simple with this team I made. I am having terrible luck with Vergo special ups. fed six copies and got one special up. Still need to finish up the last summer girls stages to finish all the chopper missions.

Haven't even started Conis yet, my skill up luck is so bad I'm stuck farming Neo Vergo still. For Reiju, I used an auto battle exp team though : FC Jack, Colo Neptune captain + 4 INT chars with barrier piercing LB (Raid Lucci, V2 Akainu, V2 Raid Blackbeard, TM Boa)

Oct 25, 2017
Conis gets fittingly bullied by the Enel/V1 Law/6+ Shira combo. It's a no stall team too with colo Kid and V1 Law cooldown reductions. I'm going to have so much stamina because of this and double Jack during the TM. It's going to suck going in dry without any TM boosters this time around. Not even sure if I'll do the discount multi.

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Sure...did the 30 gem multi on the Summer girl Sugo and got every recommended Character including both Legends (which are dupes) in one Pull + every Sunmertime girl not on the List

...lucky me

This will never happen again

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Finished off Conis fairly quickly, so that's Katakuri, Reiju and Conis all special maxed. I guess I could work on one of the other summer girls I never bothered with(I have Nami maxed) but ehhhhhh

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Last 3 free multis on JP were dupe-galore, only got 1 red too which was V1 Rayleigh. Finally 2x skill up is around but need to farm the Stampede LB mats first in this new raid. Weird system but whatever I guess. At least Festival SH FN part 2 is dropping V2 Big Mom books, perfect timing!

Sure...did the 30 gem multi on the Summer girl Sugo and got every recommended Character including both Legends (which are dupes) in one Pull + every Sunmertime girl not on the List

...lucky me

This will never happen again

At least your luck happened on the sugo that matters right? <.< >.>

Finished off Conis fairly quickly, so that's Katakuri, Reiju and Conis all special maxed. I guess I could work on one of the other summer girls I never bothered with(I have Nami maxed) but ehhhhhh

You definitely should farm the older summer girls since you might need them when Bikini Blitz arrives in a few months. Nah actually you probably won't use them unless you don't pull on the event sugo. :p

I'm so far behind some of you in terms of maxing out this new content, just finished Neo Vergo today and working on getting the last couple skill ups on Reiju. Not quite sure what went wrong, either bad luck or I missed a whole day somehow. I even ranked up once. Might gem once to max out Conis before the skill up is over.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Looked at the Sugo rates out of curiosity

Carrot: Displayed on the banner, listed as a recommended character
Also Carrot: Not in any way rate boosted at all on normal multis

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
This event was actually shorter than what I initially assumed. What's everyone farming? I've been farming Reiju with a "fast" Neptune + Jack team but it's sort it legend heavy. Maybe I should farm evolvers instead?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Auto Mode in this game wasnt so gimped - would it really kill them to let units use their Specials once ready ? Or more importantly let the game skip fast during NPC/Enemy texts and dialogues ? Every freaking Fortnite and the Daily stages always have some unit talking in a stage which adds like 15secs to every run.

PS. What Legend is rumored to arrive for the next Anni - could we be getting Law/Luffy ?
I will not be pulling on any sugo until 5th anni meaning I will somehow grind out the TM
I read about the shitty downgrade to the Sugo TM - thats a bummer....hope they fix this if enough people decide to not pull.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
This event was actually shorter than what I initially assumed. What's everyone farming? I've been farming Reiju with a "fast" Neptune + Jack team but it's sort it legend heavy. Maybe I should farm evolvers instead?
I've got the three current dudes finished so I'm, uh, trying to pick up a couple missed story units that I have books for.

Maybe Story Trebol will come in handy someday!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for Christmas is probably my next bet for big pulls. Nothing that interesting for me until that dual units hit

Today I finally finished colo katakuri (double colo Neptune teams on underground. Rate was decent). Nothing much left to do except finish maxing specials on summer girls. Calm before the TM storm next week.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the three current dudes finished so I'm, uh, trying to pick up a couple missed story units that I have books for.

Maybe Story Trebol will come in handy someday!
Hmm... Idk if I'm that bored lol. I've looked over the coliseum units and Opera has a really good support. Fighters: damaging specials will reduce despair by 2 turns.

I'm going to make sure to get 5 copies of him before he leaves, that sounds like a really good support to have in the future.

Kinemon is also coming back on the 13th, I can finally rainbow him. I guess I'll probably never use neo Kinemon now that the original one has double activation. I sort of regret putting candy on him but I used him so much for FN tm Enel spam teams so I guess I got my use out of it.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I'm still stuck farming Conis, having terrible luck with both poster drops and skill ups. At least 2x skill up will be back soon enough, just annoying that I didn't get to run some of the older Summer girls.

Opera support is pretty sweet yeah, he's more useful as a support than as a sub tbh.

TM Smoker is pretty sexy, I didn't expect him to be a 2x Driven and Fighter orb booster but I'll take a non-Doffy great Driven unit. Was excited about TM Sanji too until I saw you needed to be in top 10K to get him. Really don't like that, hiding a good F2P unit behind TM ranking is a big no-no.

I will not be pulling on any sugo until 5th anni meaning I will somehow grind out the TM

7 months without pulling sounds hardcore! Godspeed to you my friend.

I'll pull on Koala/Sabo whenever they arrive unless it's a terrible sugo.

PS. What Legend is rumored to arrive for the next Anni - could we be getting Law/Luffy ?

I read about the shitty downgrade to the Sugo TM - thats a bummer....hope they fix this if enough people decide to not pull.

Our next anni legend probably isn't out yet on Japan. Shouldn't be Law/Luffy unless they delay them for 3-4 months.

There's some attempt at a boycott on this Cracker sugo apparently. Well, I hope it happens for various reasons. Might force Bandai to reconsider their changes and also fewer players with point boosters should mean easier rankings ^^

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used Enel in a while but now that I'm using him to farm invasion Sengoku, I realize a lot of my friends don't put RCV up on him... I don't understand the logic of not putting RCV up on Enel, who's special works by OVERHEALING. If only there's a socket to increasing HEALING for a character who benefits from OVERHEALING...

I'm just salty because I died to invasion Sengoku by like 200 hp and I only had level 4 RCV up instead of level 5...

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
gonna be running NeoIva tonight trying to get a copy of Neo Whitebeard, they both came when I was taking a couple weeks break from the game and I had only managed to get a copy of Iva

will any of my shiny new legends just completely dismantle these raids?

Rayleigh ticket info is up:

Red: All legends, will not buy
Special: Only LRRs, will buy

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, at least the point booster list isn't complete garbage this time around!

Not going to touch the red ticket with all the garbo legends in the pool but I can get behind the LRR pull. Not pulling LRR Bonney still haunts me to this day.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I don't get the obsession with LRR bonney, yeah she's good but I've literally never used her for anything or there were always many other teams available in case you didn't have the specific team she went in. Maybe she'll see more play when sabo/koala come to global but idk, probably not lol. Same seems to go for a lot of LRR units that have been sitting in my box. I think I'd rather save my ray points for another red ticket like the last one we had.

I guess one of the main positives of owning Bonney is you can feed her RCV candies and feel good about it lol

Last edited:

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the obsession with LRR bonney, yeah she's good but I've literally never used her for anything or there were always many other teams available in case you didn't have the specific team she went in. Maybe she'll see more play when sabo/koala come to global but idk, probably not lol. Same seems to go for a lot of LRR units that have been sitting in my box. I think I'd rather save my ray points for another red ticket like the last one we had.

I guess one of the main positives of owning Bonney is you can feed her RCV candies and feel good about it lol

I got lucky and bulled her when she first came out. She was essential for my Luffy/Ace free spirit team. You are right though, I haven't used her in quite some time.

I only have two of the boosted legends in the TM but the list is looking alright. I thought about pulling for pound but not sure if I want to grind this TM.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, finally beat Neo Young Whitebeard with a Capone team. What a needlessly hard fight for such a crappy character. I think I might just be one and done here, I don't see him ever really being useful