• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Colo Neptune EXTRA/Kai/Neo coming is great news! Absolutely a must farm F2P unit despite a worser typing, Striker/Powerhouse is a very strong combo, allows him to run colo Kid finally. Also very happy the generous JP Chopperman missions are unchanged, getting 30 copies from 10 runs in any difficulty is amazing for new players, will go a long way towards maxing him out. It's also a pretty good dungeon to run for support items.

Global team have upped their scheduling game over the last month or so, hardly any downtime, better spread out content drop and plenty of surprises.

The upcoming sugo ehhhhh... a second chance to get V2 Whitebeard for 410 gems for people who missed out last anni. Still a pretty good legend to this day but not sure it's worth it when you know what's coming soon.

Got my account back!!!

Spent 60 on both initial summons and ended up getting the new Kuzan, 2 young Whitebeards, Summit War Survivor Luffy and also Gathering of the Strawhats Luffy.

Wondering I need to keep going in on these.

Grats on getting your account back! Unless you plan on being a whale in this game and pulling plenty on every sugofest, I suggest saving your gems because in the very close future (next 3-4 months), we're getting a slew of amazing legends with very good sugofests (hopefully). You want to pull mostly on 2x legend rate sugofests or sugofests with great guaranteed units.

I think... I'm going for the 10 golds over the reds

Going by reddit and this thread, the fight for ranks 4001-5000 will be brutal lol. Wonder what kind of impact it will have on the general rankings. Are people going to tank/slow down on purpose?

Actually a decent amount of content despite the news being "nothing is coming"
- Neo Duval now (although I did finish him already)
- Then Blitz Battle
- Then Neo Neptune
- Then TM

Today I'm trying to finish garp challenges (still stuck on 6 somehow) and getting close to level up. Plan is to hit my 3 dailies tomorrow, get stamina to max, and do a small quest to level up just before the blitz. I won't be awake for any 1/2 stamina time but it'll save me a gem at least.

Should be able to get a high ranking with my AkainuV2, and maybe aim for 10x gold on Aokiji.

Don't forget Raid Ace which should be during Neptune EX unfortunately? The whole "boring news drama" was such a storm in a teacup.
I can understand someone Toadskii being angry about that because he's made a career of pumping out videos each time there's a new wave of events. But it was obvious that the month would not just be daily gems and TM. I think they'll adopt this format from now on : a monthly post for the recurring events like skill up, super succes, celestial dragons etc and nothing else. And they'll announce the interesting bits like blitz, garp challenges, kizuna, clash, coliseum in their own time.

Can I get some team making help? Here's my best cards, I'm just having an issue right now. Any help that can be given is appreciated.

Quickly browsing through your box, I think Sanji/Judge is your strongest captain but you also have V2 Akainu (the INT one) who is amazing as a captain if you're good at hitting your perfects. On paper V2 Akainu is easier to build for since you can use any STR or INT units as subs for him. But your box is still lacking in that department. Also Psy Law and Enel legends are pretty good units but you'll need to work a bit to unlock their potential.

I think you can easily make a team of 6 Powerhouse units for Sanji/Judge but you'll probably struggle to field all 5 colours but it's ok, just make sure to keep Sanji or the dual form as your captain since he only needs 6 powerhouse. DEX wise you got V2 Yonji who is great. QCK wise you should level up that blue Hajrudin, he's a pretty good unit and works surprisingly well for Sanji/Judge. V1 Niji is a good option too. That PSY Tropical Reiju is a very good Powerhouse unit too but you'll struggle to use her since you only farmed one copy (for most F2P units, you want to farm 30-40 copies of them so that you can feed them to each other and decreases their special cooldown, which is the most important part of the game). INT Powerhouse wise, you have Zeo who is a bit old now but is a decent unit.

Don't be disheartened if you can't beat most recent islands on Extra Island, especially the tougher difficulties. This game requires some very specific tools in your crew, you can just use a super strong captain and hope to beat everything. Just focus on lower difficulty and try farm what you can. As you pull more units from sugofests and farm stronger F2P units, things will get easier. :)

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Grats on getting your account back! Unless you plan on being a whale in this game and pulling plenty on every sugofest, I suggest saving your gems because in the very close future (next 3-4 months), we're getting a slew of amazing legends with very good sugofests (hopefully). You want to pull mostly on 2x legend rate sugofests or sugofests with great guaranteed units.

Quickly browsing through your box, I think Sanji/Judge is your strongest captain but you also have V2 Akainu (the INT one) who is amazing as a captain if you're good at hitting your perfects. On paper V2 Akainu is easier to build for since you can use any STR or INT units as subs for him. But your box is still lacking in that department. Also Psy Law and Enel legends are pretty good units but you'll need to work a bit to unlock their potential.

I think you can easily make a team of 6 Powerhouse units for Sanji/Judge but you'll probably struggle to field all 5 colours but it's ok, just make sure to keep Sanji or the dual form as your captain since he only needs 6 powerhouse. DEX wise you got V2 Yonji who is great. QCK wise you should level up that blue Hajrudin, he's a pretty good unit and works surprisingly well for Sanji/Judge. V1 Niji is a good option too. That PSY Tropical Reiju is a very good Powerhouse unit too but you'll struggle to use her since you only farmed one copy (for most F2P units, you want to farm 30-40 copies of them so that you can feed them to each other and decreases their special cooldown, which is the most important part of the game). INT Powerhouse wise, you have Zeo who is a bit old now but is a decent unit.

Don't be disheartened if you can't beat most recent islands on Extra Island, especially the tougher difficulties. This game requires some very specific tools in your crew, you can just use a super strong captain and hope to beat everything. Just focus on lower difficulty and try farm what you can. As you pull more units from sugofests and farm stronger F2P units, things will get easier. :)
Thanks for all the help!! Yeah I'm not going to be a whale so I'll just start saving stones. I only have like 6 now so I'll just be racking them up for a good while. I don't even have any idea of what's coming up next.

Also thanks for the help with the team. Right now I've just been using a quick team I put together which just got me through to the Enies Lobby portion of story and it's Q Redhawk Luffy, Sanji/Judge, God Usopp, PHY Law and D Zoro. I quickly realized that I needed a real team because it was getting way too hard for me so I'm going to look into your suggestions.

I'm really glad I pulled that Sanji/Judge. I had no idea that card was that good lol.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
27YDDzk.jpg

You guys know who to vote for right?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
We have enough Law legends, but my bro Chopper needs a legend, so up he goes.

Timed things well today. Since I'm done with duval, I did my 3 missions for the gem, and now have about 1k to level up (would have had a bit more to go but I got bonus EXP in the recent FN and almost pushed me over!). I'll be full by reset tonight, so that's a lot of free stamina for this blitz, even if I can't play right away

I looked at past events and made an AkainuV2 team. I didnt have him before so hopefully it works well.
We'll see what changes, if any, they make to this event

Don't forget Raid Ace which should be during Neptune EX unfortunately? The whole "boring news drama" was such a storm in a teacup.

Oh crap, I did. Shit that's a busy week. Neptune gets priority, I'll get one Ace for the TM then bounce, unless he has some unbelievably amazing abilities.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically, if we could get everyone to tie rank 11-100, would we all get the rewards from 11-100? I don't see why we couldn't, but trying to convince the community to all stop at a certain point seems almost impossible.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
For a second i thought my legend were V2 Kuzan, and then i realized it was the QCK one...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
So I managed to hit 1/2 stamina last night. Currently riding it and sitting around 700 for Akainu. Might try it on Aokiji tonight if I'm around.

Now for Luffy news:
GLOBAL: Free legend was a new luffy! It was the OG himself, Log Luffy! Avoided me since release, now I have him and instantly maxed him with like 40 saved skillbooks. Will I use him? Never. Is new better than not new? Sure!

JPN: I did a multi on the filler banner because I wanted Bullet. Instead.... I got Luffy/Law! Now I can make absolutely obnoxious teams like this:

F8RVMiR.jpg

Feels good :) My legend luck has been insane on JPN, lots of teams to play around with units I don't have on my main account

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
This Stampede Boa round of Kizuna Kessen has been very easy once against thanks to the abundance of Bullet and Stampede Luffy FCs. Been using Snakeman, 6+ Franky and V2 Kata as my 3 leeching captains. Already got my 5 LB mats for Zoro/Sanji so just farming the final loot table for tablets and still 3 days left!

About Globlal Blitz, missed out on half stamina last night completely, but I timed my exp properly at least. Ranked up and did a few Aokiji runs, currently sitting in the top 2k. Still haven't done Akainu, might stay up tonight to hit the 2nd half stamina period but not sure I can be bothered.

Thanks for all the help!! Yeah I'm not going to be a whale so I'll just start saving stones. I only have like 6 now so I'll just be racking them up for a good while. I don't even have any idea of what's coming up next.

Also thanks for the help with the team. Right now I've just been using a quick team I put together which just got me through to the Enies Lobby portion of story and it's Q Redhawk Luffy, Sanji/Judge, God Usopp, PHY Law and D Zoro. I quickly realized that I needed a real team because it was getting way too hard for me so I'm going to look into your suggestions.

I'm really glad I pulled that Sanji/Judge. I had no idea that card was that good lol.

Oh yeah you should save your gems then if you're not planning on whaling. The new legends in October should be V2 Mihawk and Zoro but you can skip those (unless you're a huge fan of the characters of course). In November we should be getting an amazing new legend and their batch : Koala/Sabo or Luffy/Law (the new OP rainbow captain) or Stampede Bullet. You should wait and save for those imo.

And yeah about teambuilding, the most important thing is making sure your 4 crewmembers are all boosted by your captain and friend captain, that will significantly improve your damage output. When the story islands get tougher you can start looking out for units with utility to try deal with the debuffs.

We have enough Law legends, but my bro Chopper needs a legend, so up he goes.
Oh crap, I did. Shit that's a busy week. Neptune gets priority, I'll get one Ace for the TM then bounce, unless he has some unbelievably amazing abilities.

Voted for Law + Chopper hat too. Hopefully it's a legend character but since it's not mentionned I reckon it will be a raid unit ala Garp/Sengoku.

Hypothetically, if we could get everyone to tie rank 11-100, would we all get the rewards from 11-100? I don't see why we couldn't, but trying to convince the community to all stop at a certain point seems almost impossible.

Believe it or not but during the first (or second?) Blitz, that actually happened. The community (well the top ranked players) agreed on a truce and there were quite a few people tied for 1st and 2nd places. I don't think it's possible anymore because Bandai altered the rules to prevent that situation from happening again. Now if two or more players are tied in score, the first person to reach that score will be ranked higher.

For a second i thought my legend were V2 Kuzan, and then i realized it was the QCK one...

Lol that's me every single time I pull V1 Kuzan. Honestly happened too many times, now I'm apathetic when I see Kuzan.

Got a TS Luffy as the free legends

Hopefully there's more rewards

Got a dupe Kizaru, fitting for this event I guess. I can't believe we hit the max rewards so fast, we might be getting new rewards this time since there's still a long way.

So I managed to hit 1/2 stamina last night. Currently riding it and sitting around 700 for Akainu. Might try it on Aokiji tonight if I'm around.

Now for Luffy news:
GLOBAL: Free legend was a new luffy! It was the OG himself, Log Luffy! Avoided me since release, now I have him and instantly maxed him with like 40 saved skillbooks. Will I use him? Never. Is new better than not new? Sure!

JPN: I did a multi on the filler banner because I wanted Bullet. Instead.... I got Luffy/Law! Now I can make absolutely obnoxious teams like this:

F8RVMiR.jpg

Feels good :) My legend luck has been insane on JPN, lots of teams to play around with units I don't have on my main account

Congrats on your pulls!!! I can almost make the same team on JP, minus Luffy/Law heh. Skipping these 20 Stampede sugos though, I'll go hard on new year or whenever the next big sugo event is on JP.

My legend luck on JP always has been crazy too, getting the most recent legend on their debut sugo or from the following TM reward tickets and whatnot. It never really bothered me until recently, have to admit. Mostly because my Global account luck has dried up for a long while.

I kinda always assumed that even without pulling on any sugo I'd get Sanji/Judge, Barto/Cav, Jack, Inu/Neko V1 Big Mom, Carrot, Capone, V2 Kata, V2 Aokiji etc from free rewards. But obviously I'm being too greedy. Still can't help feeling disappointed. If it wasn't for Snakeman, my box would struggle to clear content on Global.

Finding myself playing JP more and more just because my box is so much better there, might catch up on my Global account pirate level at this rate. Still, the Global version is so much nicer to play in terms of QoL and general fairness. Just hoping to get something good within the next two months from free rewards and then really betting it all on the Koala/Sabo + Luffy/Law + Princess sugos.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
V2 Akainu is making runs a breeze. Might actually get a decent rank after all. Depends how arsed I can be with it. After pulling V1 Sabo from the rewards, I can't say I'm arsed at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about rankings so I'll just keep doing 15-stam Aokiji for the Chopperman missions. I haven't max skilled Sengoku/Garp so I want to do that.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I'm really feeling this blitz

Also am I an idiot or does it make you type in your account number every time to check your rank? That's super annoying

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Not sure I'm really feeling this blitz

Also am I an idiot or does it make you type in your account number every time to check your rank? That's super annoying

Yeah it happens to me too, gets old pretty fast. I've just bookmarked the url with the ID and I load that up instead. Think I had this "bug" last blitz too. Hopefully the website won't crash for hours like it did last blitz on JP.

Been taking this blitz easy so far, rank 7K on Aokiji and 2K on Akainu. Even tried to be fancy and used a V2 Akainu team against Aokiji but failed on the final burst because I hit 1 miss and only 4 perfects. Quickly went back to my Snakeman team, which isn't really slower anyway.

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
Within the top 100 for Aokiji side I want a selected sugo red, missing 7 newer legends and currently within top 500 akainu side

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I just figured since it wasn't stated in the rules, maybe they weren't implementing that again. Oh well.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe select sugo is top 100 only. Bleh to that.

Around 750 for Akainu and 2200 for Aokiji. Only 1 gem spent since I'm hitting double stamina pretty decently. Might spend a gem to stay top1k for Akainu for the gem rewards, otherwise should get 3 more reds from the event (Winning side, and top earners).

It'll be interesting to see how the last double stamina shapes up, since it's earlier and more accessible for people.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I need to come up with a team for Akainu

Textbook v2 Kuzan team can't survive his death hit

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Within the top 100 for Aokiji side I want a selected sugo red, missing 7 newer legends and currently within top 500 akainu side

Good luck with top 100! :)

I can't believe select sugo is top 100 only. Bleh to that.

Around 750 for Akainu and 2200 for Aokiji. Only 1 gem spent since I'm hitting double stamina pretty decently. Might spend a gem to stay top1k for Akainu for the gem rewards, otherwise should get 3 more reds from the event (Winning side, and top earners).

It'll be interesting to see how the last double stamina shapes up, since it's earlier and more accessible for people.

I'm still bitter about top 100 only. Top 1k would have been perfect for me, reckon I could easily get that if I tried harder , top 500 maybe doable. Ended up waking up for a few hours this morning to get half stamina, probably will do the same tomorrow morning and the last period should be perfect for the final rush.

I need to come up with a team for Akainu

Textbook v2 Kuzan team can't survive his death hit

I use this Fighter Snakeman/V2 Sanji team. It's very safe with legend Robin as your PSY beatstick to deal with the death hit. But if you use Sun Pirates ship you won't even need to use her special, you should have 30K+ HP by then.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using a Warco team with Robin, Invasion Linlin, TM Nami and Invasion Garp for the revive if that's any help.
thanks but no W/M, despite my best efforts :(

I use this Fighter Snakeman/V2 Sanji team. It's very safe with legend Robin as your PSY beatstick to deal with the death hit. But if you use Sun Pirates ship you won't even need to use her special, you should have 30K+ HP by then.
This one however I can do. After a couple runs it seems like Marco's not adding anything (orb boost from Snakeman, invincibility from Robin) so I'm trying out replacing him with Hina to make it even more idiot proof since I almost lost getting two misses :D

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
This one however I can do. After a couple runs it seems like Marco's not adding anything (orb boost from Snakeman, invincibility from Robin) so I'm trying out replacing him with Hina to make it even more idiot proof since I almost lost getting two misses :D

Oh yeah good point, think Marco was just in case you didn't run Robin (or for players who can't hit 3 perfects and will miss out on Snakeman's orb boost on stage 5 *cough cough*). Will give Hina a try too, won't run Akainu until tomorrow though.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Carefully threading this ten gold needle is a lot more relaxing and fun than usual

Also Blindcom I swapped Marco back in, forgot about Sanji's health requirement for his boost. Just Hina and Snakeman was... close

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
The new Ace looks pretty good but it seems like the optc subreddit doesn't really like him. Apparently because of log Ace, raid Ace apparently loses value on V2 WB teams. Honestly, I don't have a problem getting my health low when I use v2 WB, and if I do, I usually use Shiki instead of log Ace. I think I've used log Ace once since I got him.

His ship looks really good too, but I really wish it had a -1 CD. After using hoe, it's really hard going back to the other ships...

Carefully threading this ten gold needle is a lot more relaxing and fun than usual

Also Blindcom I swapped Marco back in, forgot about Sanji's health requirement for his boost. Just Hina and Snakeman was... close
Not sure if you still need a team, but this is what I'm using. It does require you to stall 2 additional turns though.

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Selected Sugofest looks incredibly appealing on paper, and I have enough for 5 multis... but what are the odds It's skewed heavily towards older legends? Was planning on saving until Christmas/New Year, but this one's given me pause. Definitely going to wait for rates.

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hmm. Selected Sugofest looks incredibly appealing on paper, and I have enough for 5 multis... but what are the odds It's skewed heavily towards older legends? Was planning on saving until Christmas/New Year, but this one's given me pause. Definitely going to wait for rates.

Better Wait for the big Dual Units Sugo if you don´t miss so mans Legends

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm missing 17 legends. For 230 gems? I might bite in that because I love pulling and seeing 11 reds in a row is nuts.

It's 100% bait but I'm gonna fall for it easily. 5 multis lets gooo

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Oh boy oh boy, best bait sugo ever alert! 11 guaranteed reds on the 5 multi?!! And another 11 reds from a very good pool of legends on the 10th??! Global pulling no punch, they want us drained of our gems before the huge sugos coming up. I won't bite because I'm still reeling from wasting 270 gems on French Anni but otherwise I might have wasted 230 gems for that 5th multi. Missing 15 legends so skipping is probably the best course of action. Can't help getting excited about the idea of seeing an 11 red-multi though, that's the dream for any OPTC player.

For a recent player missing alot of legends, I think this is the best 230 gems you could spend so far, even 460 gems for that 10th multi seems like a great idea.

Lol I ran Akainu this morning and failed the first run because of being under half health. But after that it went well, you just trade Sanji atk boost for Hina affinity boost.

The new Ace looks pretty good but it seems like the optc subreddit doesn't really like him. Apparently because of log Ace, raid Ace apparently loses value on V2 WB teams. Honestly, I don't have a problem getting my health low when I use v2 WB, and if I do, I usually use Shiki instead of log Ace. I think I've used log Ace once since I got him.

His ship looks really good too, but I really wish it had a -1 CD. After using hoe, it's really hard going back to the other ships...

Screw Reddit negativity, I think new Ace looks very good, F2P 2.25x orb booster for 3 classes? At worse a 2x orb booster? I'll take it. And quite a few people don't have Log Ace for their V2 WB too. Think this Ace is a pretty strong unit. Pretty happy he comes with a free ship, a pretty good ship with a 1.6x atk boost aswell! Will be hard to manage my stamina between Colo Neptune EX and Clash Ace.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
not gonna go for it despite how cool an entire red multi would look but I cannot wait to see the rates for the 5th multi.

Expecting it to be like
Pre-Lucy: 3%
Post Lucy: 0.003%

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ranking I'm done with Akainu. I'm about 1300 and don't want to spend gems to stay top 1k just for 5 more gems

Probably will need to spend one more gem for Aokiji to stay above 4K. Rather spend one to get 5 gems than get ten gold posters

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Time for a fire multi!

Boa, Boa, Ace, V1 Wb, V1 Mihawk, Kung Fu Luffy, Kung Fu Luffy, Timeskip Luffy, V1 WB, Garp with a +1 of Boa

Oct 25, 2017
My record for Sengokus in one multi is 2 btw. I dare someone to try and beat it.

Man, it kinda sucks that they're giving us the 3x XP ship during Netune EX. The most reliable team seems to be Snakeman leads with Zuneisha for guaranteed matching orbs and the perfect hit help for the last stage which has 4 enemies with 1 hit perfect barriers each.

Last edited:

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I sacrificed getting the red ticket for the winning team to get top 100 for Aokiji side, i finished 95th after I tense morning of waking up and finding myself 6K away from top 100, i managed to get back in top 100 within the last half an hour. Also finished around rank 2000 for akainu side. On a side note I bought the new sugo pack gems and got a new legend V2 Akainu finally. Just missing 9 legends

Oct 25, 2017
Finished around 3200 for both teams. Thanks to some timely level ups, I didn't even have to spend a single gem. Easiest blitz battle ever. Even skipped half stamina on the second day.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah forgot about the gem pack, I've gotten exactly what I want out of these

*pulls*

Catdog, new!

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah forgot about the gem pack, I've gotten exactly what I want out of these

*pulls*

Catdog, new!
It's like you're trying to tempt me, foul Bandai spy! Not about to roll that 7% chance of a new legend dice.

There's a stupid amount of Chopperman missions for Neptune EX. It sucks that the last reward is for 40 runs. So much for saving time running 2x stamina.