• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
It seems like it's a fake, the guy made his Reddit account just to post that image.

In other news, I fed 9 slot bind tomes to my snakeman and got no level up... I guess my streak of not having a rainbow legend continues until the next TM. :(

Heh make sense that it was a fake. If I had to take a wild guess, Blackbeard should get his 6+ soon. Marco is a good candidate too. Watch Bandai give a 6+ to Luffy/Law first <.<

Eh. 7mil was another dupe Lucy. But I didn't have enough time to play this weekend so I won't rank high enough for another pull. Ah well.

oh but I did hit Rank 700! That's big.

Congrats on reaching rank 700, huge milestone! :)

I guess treasure map gets harder the more you do it? Doffy has started to clap me the past two runs.

Yup boss health and damage go up with your navigation level. Usually the sub bosses do aswell if you fight them at the very end (they don't if you fight them "on the way", that's why people sometimes prioritize a certain route if a sub boss is too hard for them). But for some reason this TM, sub bosses don't get harder.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
This TM was pretty good to me but I had SaboV2 which made Doffy trivial. The rest I had decent stallers and even used Jack against Diamanté (basically used Tm BM and won).

It's just suuuuuch a time sink. Can't do this easily anymore. And that's coming from someone with over 7mil and not the best boosters. I don't know how you people make the higher ranks with so many runs! I know boosted units help but that's only so far

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I meant to tell you to farm TM hardcore since it's very easy in East Blue league but yeah it can pretty grindy/boring, especially since in the starter league, you don't have to change teams for sub bosses. I noticed your Smoothie/Oven was unevolved and you only had 1 copy. For each TM, you really want to reach at least 1 million points to get all the rewards/LB materials/50 copies of the TM unit to rainbow them aka unlock their full potential. You can have a look at the rewards for TM on the main page, there's a lot of good stuff, especially for new players : gems, tomes, cotton candies, LB materials and new free legend pulls. It's probably the most rewarding event on OPTC atm. That being said it's all about having fun so don't force yourself but if you play a lot of TM you won't regret it.
Damn I didnt know that. I'll try more on the next one.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming I don't drop 150 places in an hour, it's done

hopefully the two recent Sugo tickets are worth it

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup boss health and damage go up with your navigation level. Usually the sub bosses do aswell if you fight them at the very end (they don't if you fight them "on the way", that's why people sometimes prioritize a certain route if a sub boss is too hard for them). But for some reason this TM, sub bosses don't get harder.

Yep. You can look at the Reddit thread for detailed stage breakdown https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/d5rqw0/tm_doflamingo_guide/

Thanks, played all day and got 125k. Are any of the characters in the Treasure Bazaar worth buying for 500 tickets?

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, played all day and got 125k. Are any of the characters in the Treasure Bazaar worth buying for 500 tickets?
Those units are old TM units, and they're usually not good until you can evolve + max level + max LB them. Out of all of them, I use Enel the most, followed by Shanks, Big Mom, Smoothie/oven, and the rest are pretty much even after that. If I were you, I'd buy Enel and get his LB materials + skill books. His LB materials can be bought as a bundle instead of buying it all individually, which should be the treasure chest that cost 4340 tickets.

Also, idk if you've noticed it yet but generally you want to hold onto your copies/books until a skill up x2 event comes around. Without that event, the rates are disgusting low for those skill ups.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Phew. Stayed up a bit and did a few more runs. Made it in the 3k so that's another red!

Actually happy forced a day of downtime. I have those old ass rookie missions that end with 5 gems so I want to tackle them today. Should be easy with my double overloaded stamina

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Fell asleep and got pushed out the 3500 cut-off. Not too bothered considering how good my 7 mil legend was, but I should just give up on ever attaining a decent rank in the future. These times simply don't suit me.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Which legends are in the pool for the 2018 legends onwards? I swear there's too many legends in the game....

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Finished with slightly over 10M, rank 1884, 35 runs. I somehow wasted a lot of stamina it seems, I'm usually above 40 runs, that early start must have cost me. I'm very glad they added the invasion Senor Pink. Yeah it was pretty janky (no rock to destroy on the map!) but it made it much faster to run. Hopefully they add an invasion to the TMs that missed one on JP : Weevil, Lucci and Akainu/Fujitora.

I was absolutedly shocked by the amount of FC Barto/Cavendish on my FL, could find at least 7-8 at any given time, up to 12+ during busy periods. That's unprecedented for a TM on Global from my own experience (aside from the anni ones of course), to find so many people with the latest legend. A lot of those accounts aren't whale ones. That sugo with the most generous rates ever had an incredible impact for sure.

This TM was pretty good to me but I had SaboV2 which made Doffy trivial. The rest I had decent stallers and even used Jack against Diamanté (basically used Tm BM and won).

It's just suuuuuch a time sink. Can't do this easily anymore. And that's coming from someone with over 7mil and not the best boosters. I don't know how you people make the higher ranks with so many runs! I know boosted units help but that's only so far

For a dedicated player, I think reaching 7M is plenty enough anyway, the rankings are just extra fluff. But yeah I'm impressed at people ranking higher. Now that they added 2 new legends at rank 500, it's very tempting to try but need more data. I'd have to cut down on the runs I make on JP too for sure. Both versions combined I had over 70 runs but doing the same amount on one version is very different. I don't feel burned out when I switch between TMs but I do feel the grind when I stick to one. Plus would need to gem, which I hardly ever do.

Damn I didnt know that. I'll try more on the next one.

Yeah don't worry, there will be one every month and the TM Doflamingo you just "missed" wouldn't be useful for your starter account. But Treasure Map definitely is the most rewarding mode to farm right now. You get materials to limit break your characters that you can't get from any other mode too. Limit breaking is more "advanced" stuff but it's something you'll definitely want to do with your most used characters. Also the TM unit you get is usually some of the best F2P units you can get in the game. It's highly encouraged to try reach 1 million points each TM at least because the price to buy these characters afterwards is pretty high.

TM Weevil next month is a pretty strong unit.

Assuming I don't drop 150 places in an hour, it's done

hopefully the two recent Sugo tickets are worth it

Congrats!! How many runs in total did you need to do? And did you pull on the TM sugo for a TM RR?

Finished rank 21 in New world did 87 or 88 runs

Congrats!! Incredible achievement, I assume you had Barto/Cavendish and 2 or 3 TM RRs?

Which legends are in the pool for the 2018 legends onwards? I swear there's too many legends in the game....

Lucy and any legend released afterwards according to the schedule on the wiki. Is the pool 2018 onwards or September 2018 onwards? I'm confused now.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats!! How many runs in total did you need to do? And did you pull on the TM sugo for a TM RR?
Yeah I did two multis for Corazon and had gotten Kinemon on a discount. So a nice confluence of actually having really good boosters and the TM being broken and not scaling was my best chance to go for those recent tickets. I think I did like 40-41 runs which is quite a few for me.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What category do Double Characters classify as? Meaning, can they be both Cerebral and Powerhouse? Just asking because I've got Dogstorm/Cat Viper and I'm wondering how the game would categorize it.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those units are old TM units, and they're usually not good until you can evolve + max level + max LB them. Out of all of them, I use Enel the most, followed by Shanks, Big Mom, Smoothie/oven, and the rest are pretty much even after that. If I were you, I'd buy Enel and get his LB materials + skill books. His LB materials can be bought as a bundle instead of buying it all individually, which should be the treasure chest that cost 4340 tickets.

Also, idk if you've noticed it yet but generally you want to hold onto your copies/books until a skill up x2 event comes around. Without that event, the rates are disgusting low for those skill ups.

Glad you brought that up, I'm reading the guide and confused here:

This guide assumes that you have rerolled for a Legend, followed the Chopperman missions through at least the East Blue, and have familiarized yourself with the basic gameplay loop of farming content, feeding during a skillup event, farming harder content, etc. If not, seriously consider doing the above before proceeding to become familiar with the game's systems.

I rerolled for a Legend, haven't done Chopper missions yet, but I don't understand how to farm or feed to do skill ups. Where would I become familiar with that?

It seems like I should be doing story missions as much as possible, and then also doing Extra Island missions? But there's so many I'm unsure where to start.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
What category do Double Characters classify as? Meaning, can they be both Cerebral and Powerhouse? Just asking because I've got Dogstorm/Cat Viper and I'm wondering how the game would categorize it.
They'll have different classes separately than they do together, usually. There should be a little button to hit to see their stats when separated.

I think in all cases there's one unifying class that they are regardless of what form they're on

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Raid Croc is live on JP. He's kinda tricky but quite a few "budget" teams can clear him. Obviously built for V2 WB + LRR Marco or Stampede Luffy. I'm using this Snakeman + Friend Captain Stampede Luffy, it's super safe and quite fast. Mine even works better than in the video because I'm using Flampe max support on TM Big Mom, works well on Mr 1 stage. So much to farm, I need to finish off Clash Ace too.

Yeah I did two multis for Corazon and had gotten Kinemon on a discount. So a nice confluence of actually having really good boosters and the TM being broken and not scaling was my best chance to go for those recent tickets. I think I did like 40-41 runs which is quite a few for me.

Thanks, good to know! You definitely took advantage of it yeah, was worth it imo. Good luck with the rewards (not that you need it :p)

Having a look at the post TM thread on reddit too, looks like most people in the top 500 had at least Barto/Cavendish + 1 TM booster and had to do 50-60 runs. Haven't seen anyone mention they got top 500 without pulling on TM sugo, even with 70+ runs.

Wow grats on pulling Inu/Neko, pretty amazing legend. As Kyou said, there should be a little button on the card to switch from a character to another. In the case of Inu/Neko you can see the classes here. Dogstorm should be Slasher/Cerebral and Catviper Striker/Powerhouse and in their dual form (when you use their special), they become Striker/Cerebral. As you can see from their Captain Ability, they are great for Striker and Cerebral teams.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
They'll have different classes separately than they do together, usually. There should be a little button to hit to see their stats when separated.

I think in all cases there's one unifying class that they are regardless of what form they're on
Wow grats on pulling Inu/Neko, pretty amazing legend. As Kyou said, there should be a little button on the card to switch from a character to another. In the case of Inu/Neko you can see the classes here. Dogstorm should be Slasher/Cerebral and Catviper Striker/Powerhouse and in their dual form (when you use their special), they become Striker/Cerebral. As you can see from their Captain Ability, they are great for Striker and Cerebral teams.
Thanks for the help. I pulled them when they had that crazy Sugo a few weeks ago but I haven't had any use. I ended up getting the new Reiju too.

Right now the 2 teams I use are

- Sanji/Judge
- V2 Yonji
- Q Whitebeard
- V2 Reiju
- Dogstorm/Cat Viper

Previously I had Reiji replaced with Bikini Reiju and instead of Dogstorm/Cat Viper I had I Zeo. I might switch them back, I'm not sure.

Also my Big Mom team is

- Big Mom
- Sanji/Judge
- Q Enel
- Q Law
- Q Whitebeard

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Finished with slightly over 10M, rank 1884, 35 runs. I somehow wasted a lot of stamina it seems, I'm usually above 40 runs, that early start must have cost me. I'm very glad they added the invasion Senor Pink. Yeah it was pretty janky (no rock to destroy on the map!) but it made it much faster to run. Hopefully they add an invasion to the TMs that missed one on JP : Weevil, Lucci and Akainu/Fujitora.

I was absolutedly shocked by the amount of FC Barto/Cavendish on my FL, could find at least 7-8 at any given time, up to 12+ during busy periods. That's unprecedented for a TM on Global from my own experience (aside from the anni ones of course), to find so many people with the latest legend. A lot of those accounts aren't whale ones. That sugo with the most generous rates ever had an incredible impact for sure.

For a dedicated player, I think reaching 7M is plenty enough anyway, the rankings are just extra fluff. But yeah I'm impressed at people ranking higher. Now that they added 2 new legends at rank 500, it's very tempting to try but need more data. I'd have to cut down on the runs I make on JP too for sure. Both versions combined I had over 70 runs but doing the same amount on one version is very different. I don't feel burned out when I switch between TMs but I do feel the grind when I stick to one. Plus would need to gem, which I hardly ever do.

Yeah don't worry, there will be one every month and the TM Doflamingo you just "missed" wouldn't be useful for your starter account. But Treasure Map definitely is the most rewarding mode to farm right now. You get materials to limit break your characters that you can't get from any other mode too. Limit breaking is more "advanced" stuff but it's something you'll definitely want to do with your most used characters. Also the TM unit you get is usually some of the best F2P units you can get in the game. It's highly encouraged to try reach 1 million points each TM at least because the price to buy these characters afterwards is pretty high.

TM Weevil next month is a pretty strong unit.

Congrats!! Incredible achievement, I assume you had Barto/Cavendish and 2 or 3 TM RRs?

Lucy and any legend released afterwards according to the schedule on the wiki. Is the pool 2018 onwards or September 2018 onwards? I'm confused now.
If you made it to top 500, you get 2 legends from a selected pool (which I assumed was from 2018+ legends). Now that you mentioned it, I'm afraid I've jumped to conclusions and I made it to top 500 for no reason... Oh well.

Glad you brought that up, I'm reading the guide and confused here:

I rerolled for a Legend, haven't done Chopper missions yet, but I don't understand how to farm or feed to do skill ups. Where would I become familiar with that?

It seems like I should be doing story missions as much as possible, and then also doing Extra Island missions? But there's so many I'm unsure where to start.
In order to get skill ups, you feed copies of that exact units (or their unevolved form, but their specials have to have the same name) or manuals, which we call books. There's another form of these books as well, which we call universal skill books (USB). They can either be guaranteed skill ups or a chance to skill up. There's other forms of these USB that only works on certain rarity or class. Here's a picture to show you what I mean:
SmartSelect_20190923-140639_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg
You get these books from either doing certain fortnights, certain islands, from TM, and events.

As for whether or not to do extra island or story, I'd suggest doing story mode until your plvl is high enough to make a solid team together to clear fortnights. When you're able to clear fortnights, just farm it to get your level up and do the story mode when a good sugofest is coming up to get as many gems as you can. I'll try to make a list of good fortnight units to farm for you when I get the chance. They're usually much cheaper to put onto your team so it's probably worth trying to knock out the easy ones right away.

Edit: what you want to farm will depend on what units you have. Could you link me a screenshot of what you have? Please organize it by favorites (and favorite your units so you don't accidentally sell them).

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
If you made it to top 500, you get 2 legends from a selected pool (which I assumed was from 2018+ legends). Now that you mentioned it, I'm afraid I've jumped to conclusions and I made it to top 500 for no reason... Oh well.
it said "Recent" sugofest chatacters, so I assume they're doing the same thing as the Blitz Battle where it's the last calendar year of characters (so Sep 18 - BartoCav)

Edit: If I'm figuring it right that should be the Kizaru TM, so I guess it'd be Akainu & Aokiji to current?

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know LAce setup i can sue to clear the current Garp Challenge Lvl 5 ? Tried it earlier and made it to the Boss but he killed me after the revive.

Having difficulties finding the stage at Nakama Network because there seem to be multiple Garp Challenges and the order is a mess over there.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

In order to get skill ups, you feed copies of that exact units (or their unevolved form, but their specials have to have the same name) or manuals, which we call books. There's another form of these books as well, which we call universal skill books (USB). They can either be guaranteed skill ups or a chance to skill up. There's other forms of these USB that only works on certain rarity or class. Here's a picture to show you what I mean:

You get these books from either doing certain fortnights, certain islands, from TM, and events.

As for whether or not to do extra island or story, I'd suggest doing story mode until your plvl is high enough to make a solid team together to clear fortnights. When you're able to clear fortnights, just farm it to get your level up and do the story mode when a good sugofest is coming up to get as many gems as you can. I'll try to make a list of good fortnight units to farm for you when I get the chance. They're usually much cheaper to put onto your team so it's probably worth trying to knock out the easy ones right away.

Edit: what you want to farm will depend on what units you have. Could you link me a screenshot of what you have? Please organize it by favorites (and favorite your units so you don't accidentally sell them).

Ok I think I understand the books now. So that's why I have a bunch of Doflamingo books, they upgrade his special. And I should be waiting for some kind of boost skill up event to actually use them.

What is a fortnight exactly? When am I ready to clear one?

Here's my box right now. I hope you don't mind sorting by rarity, Favorites was showing all the grunts mostly.

Right now I'm trying to clear the story to get Usopp since I heard his evolution is strong. Thank you for helping!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
*puts on old man cap*
All these people starting will killer boxes. You don't know the pain of clearing Garp's raid with a laboon/vivi captain duo.

It took THREE HOURS!

*takes off cap*

But seriously glad to see more interest in the game. It's only gotten better over the years, even if TM is a bit of a grind

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
*puts on old man cap*
All these people starting will killer boxes. You don't know the pain of clearing Garp's raid with a laboon/vivi captain duo.

It took THREE HOURS!

*takes off cap*

But seriously glad to see more interest in the game. It's only gotten better over the years, even if TM is a bit of a grind
I remember getting really mad at people who were maxing out their Laboons

That's unnecessary HP!!!

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*puts on old man cap*

It took THREE HOURS!

*takes off cap*

Its funny, even though I know I have some good characters, I'm getting clapped in some of these Extra Island events because I don't know some mechanics and haven't invested in my units properly. Which is great! Means the game has a lot of grinding and ways to progress.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I think I understand the books now. So that's why I have a bunch of Doflamingo books, they upgrade his special. And I should be waiting for some kind of boost skill up event to actually use them.

What is a fortnight exactly? When am I ready to clear one?

Here's my box right now. I hope you don't mind sorting by rarity, Favorites was showing all the grunts mostly.

Right now I'm trying to clear the story to get Usopp since I heard his evolution is strong. Thank you for helping!

Alrighty. So fortnights are two week long extra island missions that cap out at 30 stamina max and give you manuals as well as a handful of units unique to each fortnight. Some fortnight units are trash tier, some are legitimately decent and see niche play occasionally even in the late game. They're especially useful for newer players that won't have access to the majority of the Rare Recruit(RR) pool. People usually farm fortnights as their default stamina dump once they've cleared the story in pursuit of the books and the units, plus generally decent exp.

Extra Island can be split up into Fortnights, Raids, the Coliseum, daily islands, evolver/booster islands, the Forests, and Events.

Consider Raids to be harder Fortnights with more powerful farmable units. Usually no manuals, only ever drops the 1 raid unit dupe per run plus evolvers, boosters and fodder. Come in 40 and 60 stamina variants. Like fortnights, some raids aged well, others like vinegar. Available for 1 day or if a new release, several days. Always rotate.

The Coliseum offers units on a power level akin to Raids but with a different gimmick. You first have to clear stages leading up to the Colisuem unit at which point you can freely run the last stage to get dupes of the Coliseum unit. Unlike raids, has books for the Coliseum unit. Ranges from super easy to the most difficult content in the game

Daily Islands consist of the socket tome island, the potion island, and the daily gem island(most of the time). Always always run these. You can never have enough gems, socket manuals and LB juice. The daily island usually offers something that's worth running a special captain to either dupe drops, multiply belli, or multiply exp. Always near unfailable.

Evolver/booster islands are self explanatory, want exp. or to evolve units come here.

Finally event islands are unique and always get broken down on Reddit for the details. Details usually appear at reset o' clock(19:00 ingame time, 2300EST) on Reddit or from data downloads really late at night for most of the Western world. Data mining applies to everything though. New units, Sugofests, event details etc.

Finally, stronglllllly suggest you favorite one of each of your units that aren't literal mooks. You'll inevitably delete something you didn't mean to. Also suggest running that INT Law you got for logging in on day two, he'll boost your exp. gains. You can run him alongside a Jack or Neptune friend captain to get them exp. gains. Finally, the most used ship in the game(Hoe) is an unlockable island that costs 30 gems. High asking price but it's a 2x exp. ship and should be your default for almost everything. Def get that ASAP, especially when you're gen flushed in the early game. Try to run that island with a Buggy friend since it's one time and has some really nice drops like cotton candy +100 stacks and an absolute almighty manual

Last edited:

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alrighty. So fortnights are two week long extra island missions that cap out at 30 stamina max and give you manuals as well as a handful of units unique to each fortnight. Some fortnight units are trash tier, some are legitimately decent and see niche play occasionally even in the late game. They're especially useful for newer players that won't have access to the majority of the Rare Recruit(RR) pool. People usually farm fortnights as their default stamina dump once they've cleared the story in pursuit of the books and the units, plus generally decent exp.

Extra Island can be split up into Fortnights, Raids, the Coliseum, daily islands, evolver/booster islands, the Forests, and Events.

Consider Raids to be harder Fortnights with more powerful farmable units. Usually no manuals, only ever drops the 1 raid unit dupe per run plus evolvers, boosters and fodder. Come in 40 and 60 stamina variants. Like fortnights, some raids aged well, others like vinegar. Available for 1 day or if a new release, several days. Always rotate.

The Coliseum offers units on a power level akin to Raids but with a different gimmick. You first have to clear stages leading up to the Colisuem unit at which point you can freely run the last stage to get dupes of the Coliseum unit. Unlike raids, has books for the Coliseum unit. Ranges from super easy to the most difficult content in the game

Daily Islands consist of the socket tome island, the potion island, and the daily gem island(most of the time). Always always run these. You can never have enough gems, socket manuals and LB juice. The daily island usually offers something that's worth running a special captain to either dupe drops, multiply belli, or multiply exp. Always near unfailable.

Evolver/booster islands are self explanatory, want exp. or to evolve units come here.

Finally event islands are unique and always get broken down on Reddit for the details. Details usually appear at reset o' clock(19:00 ingame time, 2300EST) on Reddit or from data downloads really late at night for most of the Western world. Data mining applies to everything though. New units, Sugofests, event details etc.

Finally, stronglllllly suggest you favorite one of each of your units that aren't literal mooks. You'll inevitably delete something you didn't mean to. Also suggest running that INT Law you got for logging in on day two, he'll boost your exp. gains. You can run him alongside a Jack or Neptune friend captain to get them exp. gains. Finally, the most used ship in the game(Hoe) is an unlockable island that costs 30 gems. High asking price but it's a 2x exp. ship and should be your default for almost everything. Def get that ASAP, especially when you're gen flushed in the early game. Try to run that island with a Buggy friend since it's one time and has some really nice drops like cotton candy +100 stacks and an absolute almighty manual

Awesome infodump thank you. Is there a site or tier list that I can use to find out which of the events drop characters that are worth doing?

And for the Hoe ship, what's this about it being 9999 minutes? Is it a temporary ship? What does Buggy do?

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome infodump thank you. Is there a site or tier list that I can use to find out which of the events drop characters that are worth doing?

And for the Hoe ship, what's this about it being 9999 minutes? Is it a temporary ship? What does Buggy do?
You have 9999 minutes to complete the mission to unlock the ship permanently. It's.... an awkward system.

Buggy will duplicate a drop from a level, so on stuff like the Hoe unlock level which is basically impossible to lose and gives great drops aside from the ship you'll want to use him in hopes of doubling something good (usually anything besides turtles)

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

Alright time for more infodump. That 9999 means how long the island will be available for after you unlock it. Unlockable islands are all temporary, and that number indicates how long you'll have access to them. If you scroll further down the list you'll see, for example, the Sanji 6+ and Franky 6+ island where you can get the skulls needed to turn 6* Sanji/Franky into their 6+ forms. On Buggy, Buggy is guaranteed to dupe a random item once per run if he's your Captain. So people commonly use double Buggy to get two duplicates on islands that are A) easy and B) drop useful materials. One good example of that being the Hoe island, another the Zunesha island(similar idea, 30 gems for a ship).

I forgot to explain some additional details earlier about Extra Island actually. Forests are 20 stages long and at at the end reward you with a ship. They're generally pretty difficult and are were the most brainstorming and team planning takes place in OPTC. Back in ye olden days these were the primary means to get decent ships and also served as the highest metric for how good or bad a Legend was. Newer Coliseums and Raids have adopted design elements from them too. Nowadays ships can be attained from other means(story mode for most weaker ships, Rayleigh shop, unlockable 30 gem islands), Forests drop off in priority, especially since the Hoe ship is a 2x EXP booster which unless you absolutely need to do otherwise to clear a stage, you'll be using for everything. And yeah, almost nobody is happy at having to pay with premium currency to get a ship when it was all previously accessible via clearable stages or by the Rayleigh shop(tutorial coming soon, don't worry about it all for now. Tl;dr you trade in your dupes here for compensation points and use that to buy things).

What do you do if you don't have a Buggy yourself? Well, there's F2P options that have a chance of duping, but no guarantee. How do you find the list? http://optc-db.github.io/ This site has everything. Head into the character table and start messing about with the filters, there's one called 'Drop Doublers' for a captain ability. You'll also want to check out Beli Boosters and Exp Boosters since those all come up pretty regularly. You can filter by F2P, hide base evos, filter by how they're farmable, etc. It's super robust and that's just the database. The damage calc is something you use every time you want to clear a new stage, the drop table's super useful, ditto for the Calendar/TM Planner and Nakama Network which is where people upload teams they've used to clear content, letting you browse for inspiration. One heads up is that if you filter by base forms, any unit with a 6+ or 5+ evolution gets filtered out so you won't be able to see V2G4 for example, only Snakeman.

Finally, taking all of the above info about Extra Island in mind, there's a set of islands that are always available. This is largely the booster and evolution islands, but also applies to a set of islands grouped by class. For example, there's a Fighter island, a Slasher island, a Free Spirit island, etc. These islands have a set of fortnights and raids that are permanently available at all times and tailored to help you get up to speed with a class if you're just starting out. No promises that the islands will be necessarily easy, especially some of the raids like Sabo or Fujitora, but it's there.

The final point worth bringing up is Chopperman Missions. If you go to Story Mode you'll see a flying Chopper in the top. If you click on him you'll see what we call Chopperman Missions. These are split into daily, rookie, and special. Dailys are straightforward. Get a turtle for exp, a gem, and some extra manuals plus your daily login gem. Rookie is made to help you get started with the game and gives you some progression goals to get a feel for the basic gameplay loop. Worth doing for the gems, evolvers, boosters, etc. and you'll get most of it done just through normal playtime. Most of it is story-dependent, some of it is dependent on evolving some units or boosting up the Going Merry. Finally, Special is were the juiciest stuff is at. Normally every Fortnight drops with a set of missions going up to 'Clear the new Fortnight X times' up to 20 that rewards you with a few extra gems and drops from the FN such as manuals and units. Most new raids drop with similar missions too. And so do most event islands albeit with more diverse rewards, like special units, almighty manuals, socket tomes, etc. Absolutely never ever feel obligated to farm up to the maximum for event islands, since they're usually a grind and cost more gems to grind out to the maximum reward than what you get back unless you'r really feeling it. Stuff like Fortnights and Raids is usually easily done in the time allotted.

Last edited:

Heng

Oct 25, 2017

As EMT has said, Law will probably be your most used Captain for fortnights once you can put together a stronger team.

As for what to farm, go to Extra Island, Rookie Support Quests, and try to clear Alvida. Her special will be very useful since it reduces damage taken by 80% for 1 turn. You will have to run her island more than once, and you will probably have to hold onto her books until the next skill up event comes around (someone here will probably let you know when it comes around again).

The next unit you will probably want will be Colby. He's found in the Extra Islands under the Fighter quests. He boosts orbs by x1.5 when you have matching orbs but you should probably wait until you're a bit higher and can put a stronger team together for him.

Perona is another unit you will want to farm as well. Her fortnight is pretty easy but certain orbs will count as negative. She's found in the Shooter quests in Extra Island. Her special reduces damage by 90% and she poisons the enemy. Although her special is stronger than Alvida, Alvida's CD (cool down) is much shorter so you won't have to stall as long.

If you need more plevels, consider running Law with a Jack or Neptune team on turtle islands. Exp wise, it gives more than fortnights and gives you turtles which can be used to power up your units.

I haven't checked the OT but one mechanic that's very common in this game is stalling. Stalling is where you purposely take your time to clear a stage in order to reduce your crew's CD so that you can use them on a harder stage.

Also, don't feed cotton candies to any units until you've gotten some feedback from people here. If you feed the wrong color to your units, it is irreversible and you'll be stuck with that forever. You should ask us if which units need what color. I would prioritize all your legends (Luffy/Ace, G4 Luffy, Lucci, V1 Sanji which should be the purple one) with at least 100 red cotton candy.

If you need a strong friend captain, you can add me. My ID is 143845157. I will usually have Buggy up or Warco/Snakeman/Neptune up which can help you. Occasionally I'll have big mom up which can probably clear most of the fortnights herself if you don't consume any food.
Anyone know LAce setup i can sue to clear the current Garp Challenge Lvl 5 ? Tried it earlier and made it to the Boss but he killed me after the revive.

Having difficulties finding the stage at Nakama Network because there seem to be multiple Garp Challenges and the order is a mess over there.
Iirc, that's a tough stage and I'm pretty sure I had to use a zombie team for it. If not, in probably thinking of stage 6. If you want, I can put up my Chiffon for you so you can zombie it. NN is kinda hard for me to navigate through so i can't help you there. :/

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

Moving this to it's own post both to bump it directly to your attention and also to make it easier to back-reference when I link this to another new person.

To give you some pointers about what to prioritize aside from general gem-grinding, your Legends are largely Rainbow(universal) Legends aside from Luffy/Ace but you're def favored towards Powerhouse, Free Spirit and Fighter. If you were able to run multiple Luffys on a team you'd already be done with Free Spirit since Luffy/Ace is your orb booster and V2G4 is your class boost, but unfortunately not. You'll be on the lookout for utility units, damage boosters, and orb manipulators, generally. Let's take your Free Spirit units to keep things more focused and give you an example of early planning. This'll also serve as a tutorial of sorts in how to use the DB.

First, let's start with what you have:

1) Luffy/Ace and V2G4 are your favored leads, 100%. Can swap between them as needed for content. Let's bring them both up for comparison's sake
M2eZUHK.png

LAce's strength is without a doubt their swap ability which is still stupid good to this day and honestly ridiculous, and their ability to be STR units on a dime. V2G4 on the other hand is far stronger in terms of stall and has a higher multiplier. Their specials essentially make 5 types of orbs beneficial each, but V2G4 is more flexible in case you bring a non-Free Spirit unit along for their utility. Your Legends provide you with either an orb boost or class boost(albeit a universal class boost), but you can't have both on one team since they're both a Luffy unit. Alright, so what would be your alternatives that you can farm? To the DB we go.

jGVFEFb.png
5IjyFF0.png

Alright so first picture is the usual to get rid of things we don't want to see. Less clutter that way. The second is where I went to find class boosters for Free Spirit that are farmable. What you get looks something like this:

f7xafqH.png

Great. So they're all F2P, which is the best? Well, go up to the second picture showing where we filter by class. You should see an option to filter by 1.5x ATK specials, 1.75x, etc. and so on. Let's say you do this, well, 2.25x and 2x don't have anything. 1.75x does though!

RREvVxQ.png

Alright so we can immediately rule out both the Luffy and the Ace, since we can't have multiples of the same character on a team and LAce takes up both of those slots. So we're left with Ivankov and Apoo. Apoo's a Coliseum unit, Ivankov is a Neo raid(A remastered raid where the unit's color is swapped and they get a slight to huge buff to their special. Regular raid Ivankov is hot trash).

Cool, so now you have some goals to work towards, and you can get prepped for whenever each piece of content comes around. Where can you find breakdowns of what you need for this content? Youtube and Reddit are usually your best bet. Zeenigami always has a description of the stage in text in his videos so I quite like checking his stuff out. Toadskii does some of the time, and will usually verbalize the stage for you while having higher production values. I don't dabble in other youtubers much since most focus on showcasing teams with no commentary or just making pull videos.

Anyways, long term goals are cool, what the hell do I do right now? Glad you asked, let's drop the filter to 1.5x.
98vwJQr.png

Everyone but Wyper is a fortnight unit(Forgive Colo Wyper, he was one of the first Coliseum units and aged like vinegar). Of the three, Conis has the highest CD and requires the most amount of skillups too. So she's out. How do I know this? Go into the character sheet, or hit the Additional Columns options below the text bar and add 'Initial CD' as one of my default columns to see it on the table. Alright, so that leaves Brook and Apoo. Apoo's always available from the Free Spirit Extra Island set, so that pretty much settles it. Well, yes and no. Absolutely get Apoo who's both a 1.5x orb and class boost, but Brook has his place too since he has extra utility, making negative orbs not reduce damage(so they hit like a neutral orb) whereas Apoo is all firepower no utility. They also both have 4 sockets, which I don't think anyone has explained to you yet but I'll address in another post soonish. Will you use Apoo over Brook 9 out of 10 times? Sure, but if you can, may as well farm him down the line. There's other meta considerations to this too like how overstacking on one color can be either a good or a bad team, so some teams you'll want to go all QCK + Free Spirit, how there's a ton of Brooks competing for a spot on your team versus only a handful of Apoos, support units, etc. but it's absolutely not worth thinking about early on.

-----------------------------------------------

Anyways on more general things to go for, Heng gave some good advice on early units to target. Though Alvida is technically completely outclassed by Fortnight Giolla who's permanently available from the Free Spirit island set apart from her lower cooldown. I used all three a ton when I first started and they aged well, though granted Coby's the one I used the least once I got my hands on a decent orb booster. And there's more ways to boost your damage than just class/type boosters and orb boosters. This post from Reddit does a way more detailed explanation of how this works than I can offer. Don't sweat too much about getting your hands on these, V2G4 plus a generic orb booster can easily sail you through to the midgame at the very minimum. So for this reason, you'll want to prioritize getting your hands on Raid Doflamingo as your first major raid boss, as he's a universal 2x orb booster and he'll let you swap orbs around too. He used to be the end all be all of orb boosting back in the day and he's still a very handy unit to have until you're established with Legends and lategame units for every class and color covering your orb boosts. Double V2G4 + Doffy is an easy GG to everything you'll come across early on.

I've actually prepped an early game team for you that you can use to clear Raid Doflamingo, but I'm going to spoiler it in case you want figure out the teambuilding on your own. Though I will say that every unit that appears in it has been directly recommended to you in this thread.

6oGtV8t.png
Literally anything can go in place of the penguins and even Alvida, but you'll want to have those units be anything that can offer you Bind reduction sockets

Last edited:

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the amount of work you guys have put in for making my life easier is unbelievable. Thanks so much EMT0 especially, that write up is so comprehensive and exactly the kind of stuff I love to read. Not only did you make specific recommendations but you also showed me how I can help myself to figure out what I need. I'm definitely taking you up on the challenge to theorycraft my own team for Doflamingo once I have a bit more time on my hands to go digging through units.

Heng thanks for your recommendations, I picked up Alvida so far and she's pretty nice. Added you as well so I can get those sweet double drops. My ID is 696935285 if anyone else wants to carry me lol.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the amount of work you guys have put in for making my life easier is unbelievable. Thanks so much EMT0 especially, that write up is so comprehensive and exactly the kind of stuff I love to read. Not only did you make specific recommendations but you also showed me how I can help myself to figure out what I need. I'm definitely taking you up on the challenge to theorycraft my own team for Doflamingo once I have a bit more time on my hands to go digging through units.

Heng thanks for your recommendations, I picked up Alvida so far and she's pretty nice. Added you as well so I can get those sweet double drops. My ID is 696935285 if anyone else wants to carry me lol.

No prob. I've done a fair number of writeups like this before too. You should see my masterpiece dedicated to Legend Blackbeard where I wrote out a full F2P playthrough plan for him early last year, lol

Heng

Oct 25, 2017

Make sure you run the celestial dragon island. It's really easy and it resets daily for a few days, which you'll get a gem every day for clearing. If you need beli, those celestial dragons sells for ~ 1 million gold, only problem is that they have to be level 99 in order to get 1 million otherwise they sell for almost nothing.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you run the celestial dragon island. It's really easy and it resets daily for a few days, which you'll get a gem every day for clearing. If you need beli, those celestial dragons sells for ~ 1 million gold, only problem is that they have to be level 99 in order to get 1 million otherwise they sell for almost nothing.

Really? I just sold a single one for 400k with no leveling. I had no idea it scales with their level though

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that Proof of Friendship can be used to level up Support Abilities lol.
Iirc, that's a tough stage and I'm pretty sure I had to use a zombie team for it. If not, in probably thinking of stage 6. If you want, I can put up my Chiffon for you so you can zombie it. NN is kinda hard for me to navigate through so i can't help you there. :/
Thanks,
probably should have made a screenshot or something - but its the one where you fight against Byrnndi World in the middle of the stage and at the End.

Im fine using whatever team to beat it, just named LAce because i guess that this one is still my best Captain.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I just sold a single one for 400k with no leveling. I had no idea it scales with their level though
Damn, 400k is actually pretty decent for not having to level it. I'm pretty sure it sells for 1 million, I know at the very least the sale price goes up as they increase in level. Either way, I usually just Ray shop them.

I just realized that Proof of Friendship can be used to level up Support Abilities lol.

Thanks,
probably should have made a screenshot or something - but its the one where you fight against Byrnndi World in the middle of the stage and at the End.

Im fine using whatever team to beat it, just named LAce because i guess that this one is still my best Captain.
I think I used Warco for that now that I think about it. Idk which captains would do well with Warco if you don't have them yourself though. If you want to look up videos on YouTube, those is Garp Challenge 5 stage 5. I would help you look up a video but I have to study for 3 upcoming exams. :/

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Snakeman once again saving me from team building. This ex judge is a joke with him and TM Ace.

Kaido legend information is out and... holy crap. No really. Holy crap. This is the 5th anni for global for sure.

400x damage at the end of the turn to all enemies. Just... wtf! He combines AkainuV2 damage without perfects, and Carrots CD. Has a 4x damage and 20%hp cut

Jesus.

edit: okay thinking on it more it's a bit easy to stop him with barriers or tap only damage. Gimmicky like BM maybe but still looks hella fun

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Kaido looks like a good Legend for brainless easy mode farming older content and getting around some particularly obnoxious stages, but I think his inability to stall is going to make him niche like V2 Big Mom. Nice to have but I think both Stampede Luffy and Bullet outclass him easy. Really any recent Legend with actual utility or damage boosts on their special.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Kaido seems fun. I like that his biggest drawback is that he's too strong and you probably can't stall

I'm probably the only one doing it but man the new story island is tricky. I'm actually really enjoying figuring out the puzzle of each stage.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Damn, thanks to EMT0 for dropping the knowledge hammer! Great work!

Been waiting for that new JP update for days and now we finally have the info about Kaido! For people who haven't seen on reddit what he does yet :

DEX Kaido

• Captain: Powerhouse and Striker Characters ATK 4x, HP 1.25x, -2 CD at the start of the adventure for Powerhouse and Striker Characters, 400x Character ATK as DEX damage to all enemies at the end of the turn, trigger Kaido's special at the start of the adventure
  • Special: Cut 20% HP of all enemies, at the end of the turn 400x Character ATK in DEX damage to all enemies, after his special is triggered at the beginning of each stage cut 20% HP of all enemies and at the end of the turn do 400x Character ATK in DEX damage to all enemies. (does not stack, triggering 2 kaido special will not do double 400x ATK to all enemies at the end of the turn)

Sounds complicated but let's assume he has 2000 ATK with cotton candies (very likely), his captain ability means he'll deal 400x 2000 = 800,000 extra damage every turn no matter what. His special adds another 800k every turn, so that's 1.6M damage for tapping once. If you run a friend captain Kaido, it should add another 800k from the CA (like it does for V2 Akainu) so that's 2.4M damage every turn for tapping once. That's not taking into account the 20% HP health cut when you use his special again, which happens every turn too.

What does it mean? He blows through a lot of old content without any effort, it's the closest thing we have had to "tap once and you win" feature. Using V2 Akainu or Carrot will feel like doing brain surgery in comparison. Also means he can't stall at all but he has -2 CD in his captain ability so that should help a bit.

Bandai made sure to keep his numbers in check with the recent legends aswell. He's a 4x lead like Bullet and Stampede Luffy.
And he's NOT rainbow to my dismay. He "only" boosts 2 classes, of course Powerhouse and Striker, who didn't need yet another strong captain. Partly because V2 WB just released on JP I guess, they pair pretty well.

Once his special doesn't work, he has nothing else going for him, absolutely zilch. Will see pretty limited use as a sub.

My opinion? Broken for some content, very easily countered when the "normal attack only" debuff or barriers are around. And since that NAO debuff is so widely encountered nowadays (present in 60%-70% of the content released over the last few months), he won't steamroll the entire game. He's pretty gimmicky. I wonder how often veterans would use him because he seems designed for easier content but typically for that kind of content, people will try run Jack or Neptune or Buggy to get the most out of it. That's a big downside imo. There will be very tough content designed specifically for him I'm sure but overall he's not at all the meta changing unit one would have expected.

Snakeman once again saving me from team building. This ex judge is a joke with him and TM Ace.

Kaido legend information is out and... holy crap. No really. Holy crap. This is the 5th anni for global for sure.

400x damage at the end of the turn to all enemies. Just... wtf! He combines AkainuV2 damage without perfects, and Carrots CD. Has a 4x damage and 20%hp cut

Jesus.

edit: okay thinking on it more it's a bit easy to stop him with barriers or tap only damage. Gimmicky like BM maybe but still looks hella fun

Because of the event surrounding his launch, with very specific content, I'm leaning towards him being our 5th anni legend aswell yeah. Which is crazy because it means GLobal will have to squeeze in big event after event to make it work. I expect Kaido to launch with a 6+ on Global (4.25x CA maybe, 450x ATK) and a surprise legend.

Thanks for the help. I pulled them when they had that crazy Sugo a few weeks ago but I haven't had any use. I ended up getting the new Reiju too.

Right now the 2 teams I use are

- Sanji/Judge
- V2 Yonji
- Q Whitebeard
- V2 Reiju
- Dogstorm/Cat Viper

Previously I had Reiji replaced with Bikini Reiju and instead of Dogstorm/Cat Viper I had I Zeo. I might switch them back, I'm not sure.

Also my Big Mom team is

- Big Mom
- Sanji/Judge
- Q Enel
- Q Law
- Q Whitebeard

First, if you haven't done so already, you should have a look at EMT0's recent posts, there might be a lot of useful information for you aswell since you just started. :)

About your team specifically, adding V2 Reiju to your S/J team is a good move for sure. Inu/Neko as you might have realised now don't really fit that team, you're stuck with keeping them in Neko form (because he's the only Powerhouse and you need 6 Powerhouse units to make your Sanji captain ability work). Ideally you'd like a STR Powerhouse unit to replace Inu/Neko.

Your Big Mom team is easier to build since you can use any STR/DEX/QCK unit with her. Sanji/Judge isn't boosted by her captain ability though since they are PSY. When content gets tougher, you'll want matching specials in your crew. So say for Big Mom, you'll want to look out for units who boosts STR/DEX/QCK units attack/orbs/colour affinit etc.

No no, you're right about the selected pool, sorry my question was poorly worded. It's definitely a legend from a "recent" pool, just I wasn't sure whether it was from January 2018 onwards or from September 2018 onwards like the ticket from the Blitz we just got. But according to Kyou and Chris Rysdyk, it's from the V2 Admiral sugo onwards, so that's pretty good.

Yeah it's pretty messy on Nakama and Youtube because they changed the order on Global. Basically you want to look for "Garp challenge 5 stage 5". If you have any of these leads, here are some teams : 6+ Enel, Lucy, Warco, Colo Neptune. A lot of stalling involved, hope you can find something you can use.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Just saw that we're getting a 2nd OPTC livestream on Twitch on the 3rd of October! Only 30 mins long but still very much looking forward to it considering the first one brought big news. Hoping for more Global first QoL changes (please turn CCs into something like LB potions).

They'll most certainly announce what's coming up in November/December after the Slasher revival. Definitely will be about Kizuna Battle mode coming to Global, that's as big as it gets! And then they either announce Luffy/Law or Stampede, both would be mad hype.

My head is spinning thinking about the constant glut of content coming up : Stampede mega event, Luffy/Law + Kizuna launch, Revolutionnary Army event, Reverie Royals batch immediately followed by Bikini Blitz, Wano Kaido event. On top of the usual new TM/Coliseum/Raid/FN/Neo stuff. Does feel like a golden age for OPTC.

Kaido seems fun. I like that his biggest drawback is that he's too strong and you probably can't stall

I'm probably the only one doing it but man the new story island is tricky. I'm actually really enjoying figuring out the puzzle of each stage.

Lol that new story island destroyed me on JP, I wasn't ready for so many tricky stages yeah. Plus this story Bege is pretty good, he comes in handy during TM, defnitely worth farming.
I'll start with the EX stuff though, want to complete both sets of Chopperman Missions first.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I think I used Warco for that now that I think about it. Idk which captains would do well with Warco if you don't have them yourself though. If you want to look up videos on YouTube, those is Garp Challenge 5 stage 5. I would help you look up a video but I have to study for 3 upcoming exams. :/
Yeah it's pretty messy on Nakama and Youtube because they changed the order on Global. Basically you want to look for "Garp challenge 5 stage 5". If you have any of these leads, here are some teams : 6+ Enel, Lucy, Warco, Colo Neptune. A lot of stalling involved, hope you can find something you can use.

Thanks Guys,
no matter how long the break i can always depend on getting some help from this thread. Small but strong community heh.

Im gonna give it a try with that Enel 6+ team since i have all the needed Sailors - awesome.

PS. Best of luck on your upcoming exams Heng !!

Edit:

Nice - it worked , cleared the stage with Enel 6+
Now lets see if i can manage the next one as well.

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
My red ticket Was Inurashi, it's one of the legends i always wanted since his release so i'm pretty happy about that one. I think his 6+ is decent ? Now i'm waiting for 6+ V2 Fuji.
Good luck on your tickets

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Guys,
no matter how long the break i can always depend on getting some help from this thread. Small but strong community heh.

Im gonna give it a try with that Enel 6+ team since i have all the needed Sailors - awesome.

PS. Best of luck on your upcoming exams Heng !!

Edit:

Nice - it worked , cleared the stage with Enel 6+
Now lets see if i can manage the next one as well.
Haha thanks, in going to need it... 3 exams in one day. :/

I finally rainbowed Snakeman with the tablets I got from the rewards. Honestly, I thought Warco would've been my first Legend to be rainbowed but we didn't get psy tablets this time around.

My 2 legends from the rewards were Capone and Cracker, which are both new. Cracker seems like a really good unit, he'll fit right in my v2WB team. Capone looks like Franky but better. From my understanding, big father will last until it's destroyed rather than the 1 turn Franky's captain action right? I have like 40 of his books but is he worth keeping a 5* form? If not, I'll just feed it to him now instead of waiting.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
My reward Legend was QCK Marco, my very first Legend when I first started with him + V1 Lucci. I remember trying to farm Shiki with him lmao...fuck that sucked

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Another Neko to add to the "alreayd had him rainbowed" pile. Ah well. More gems is nice I guess.