• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I got this team off Reddit for raid big mom:

It's really legend heavy. You can replace Colo kid with RR Damante or any strong EoT unit and Capone with anyone who can help you survive a hot from big mom (Barto or legends Robin). Use Capone on stage 3 or 4 (or your damage reducer after killing big mom), Neptune on stage 3, kid on stage 4, and Usopp and Magellan on stage 5. Either Buggy or Jack as FC will work but you do need someone who can reduce atk down if you don't want to use Colo Neptune, there might be a support to remove atk down if you don't want to use Neptune. I got about 57k exp from Neptune + Jack + Hoe.
Using the same team but with Jack. Working well so far, just hate stalling for Usopp since I don't have CD sockets. Might change that around to make it easier.

Basically for me it's:
- Stage 3: Kid, Capone
- Stage 4, tap, unless it's not daifuku then you attack, tank a hit, and KO when buff is over
- Stage 5, usopp/mag, wait it out

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Cleared Raid BM with :

2x Capone
6+Usopp/ Legend Magellan
Gotti/ Chiffon

I cant downgrade Usopp because i have no skill ups on him, i have to give it a few more tries to see if it's consistent.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning to run a Brook team to get at minimum my 15 wins against Big Mom, but I'm also trying to finish up Raid Cracker and cram Colo Smoothie, plus I still gotta do more runs on both the Mother Caramel FN and the Perospero FN, both of which I missed on my hiatus. Let's just say that today's going to involve a fair bit of gemming, to at the very least get to 35 dupes of Smoothie. Thankfully done with Cracker(I hope) at 17 dupes for 5 skillups. I've probably jinxed it I know.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ah. I guess it was just bad luck that I lost that run. I'm using the team Heng posted but with Barto instead of Bege, and she launched Barto. Can you reset for that?

If you're fast enough you might be able to. Random blow away or bind usually can be cheesed with a reset.

I'm planning to run a Brook team to get at minimum my 15 wins against Big Mom, but I'm also trying to finish up Raid Cracker and cram Colo Smoothie, plus I still gotta do more runs on both the Mother Caramel FN and the Perospero FN, both of which I missed on my hiatus. Let's just say that today's going to involve a fair bit of gemming, to at the very least get to 35 dupes of Smoothie. Thankfully done with Cracker(I hope) at 17 dupes for 5 skillups. I've probably jinxed it I know.

If your box can handle it, apparently there's a 3x skill up starting on the 29th of October which will last 2 whopping weeks. During that time you might be able to max out units with 20-25 copies instead of 35-40.

Further proof that something pretty big is coming on Global in November, once TM Weevil is done. Stampede, Luffy/Law, Koala/Sabo, place your bets.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Is kazunai battles coming to global soon?

Kizuna launched with Luffy/Law on JP so it should arrive in November on Global. Even if we get Stampede or Koala/Sabo instead, they will just give us the 2nd or 4th round of Kizuna. Since it's a monthly event like Treasure Map, specifically designed to work with the latest released legend.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
If your box can handle it, apparently there's a 3x skill up starting on the 29th of October which will last 2 whopping weeks. During that time you might be able to max out units with 20-25 copies instead of 35-40.

Further proof that something pretty big is coming on Global in November, once TM Weevil is done. Stampede, Luffy/Law, Koala/Sabo, place your bets.

Unfortunately no, my box is close to full atm. I could probably micromanage my way through it but I don't think it'll be worth it. Plus Neo Nightmare Luffy just got put up too, so that's another one to farm. I don't have to farm it all right now sure, but I'm enjoying the grind atm. I've got Cracker and Smoothie done(let me tell you, RNG screwed me over running the easier variant with constant no-drops or CC), and my Brook team for Big Mom is going nicely. Now to figure out a Neo Nightmare Luffy team...

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. I guess it was just bad luck that I lost that run. I'm using the team Heng posted but with Barto instead of Bege, and she launched Barto. Can you reset for that?
Hmm... You can try using TM Doffy since he had 2 turns of reduced damage. You'll want to use him on the turn before she dies though, otherwise Doffy might get blown away. I haven't tried any other units besides Capone so I can't confirm if it'll work :/

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you've all done the Garp challenges if you can cause they're going away in a day or so. Also Coli Brooks is up but bet no one's bothering until they've finished farming raid BM
Did the Garp vs Lucy with this team but only works if you have v2 Kata, Shirahoshi and Barto

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Started Garp challenges (because it's always better to wait until the last minute to do things right), all is going fine and dandy until stage 7. No worries, got my Chiffon all maxed out and stuff, going to use that one budget team that everyone uses to clear it easy peasy.
*flips through box pages to find Coby* No, not the running PSY Coby... No, no not the crying PSY Coby... Wait what... I don't have punching PSY Coby on my GLB account ??!!!!

Am I really dead? Do I have to try a million times with that crappy Shiryu team until I can instakill Croc within 2 turns? If anyone got an alternative to that Chiffon + RR Coby team, not involving unevolved Warco or spamming Shiryu, would be much appreciated!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
There's this team but you'll need unevolved v2 Kata friend so =S

If you have unevolved v2 Akainu

This one requires unevolved legend Eneru https://www.nakama.network/teams/14826/details

Thanks! Yeah I tried the unevolved V2 Kata friend team but can't find any haha. Don't have unevolved V2 Akainu either.
That unevolved Enel one is the one I'm running atm, except with RR Shiryu instead but if it takes too many tries, I'll just feed a few gold manuals to Enel then since he needs to be maxed out, won't be able to stall otherwise. Not a bad trade for 10 gems and a few tablets eventually I guess.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Using the same team but with Jack. Working well so far, just hate stalling for Usopp since I don't have CD sockets. Might change that around to make it easier.

Basically for me it's:
- Stage 3: Kid, Capone
- Stage 4, tap, unless it's not daifuku then you attack, tank a hit, and KO when buff is over
- Stage 5, usopp/mag, wait it out
Hmm, when you use kid on stage 3, are you able to use Jack as well? It will extend the EoT buff for stage 4.
After messing around a bit, it turns out she blows your units away on turn 7, so if you can finish stage 4 in 1 turn, kid's EoT will carry on to stage 5 and you can finish her on turn 5. She will revive on turn 6 and you can use Barto after she revives.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
1ruVwLm_d.jpg

So this happened. I was in no danger since I had another Brook captain ability up but TIL, the margin to survive Big Mom's low HP nuke after a Brook special is 15,912.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, when you use kid on stage 3, are you able to use Jack as well? It will extend the EoT buff for stage 4.

Yeah I realized that after posting. Using double jack gets you 4 turns of EOT damage which is really 3 turns with the premptive, enough to KO whoever stage 4 is. Super safe now.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Phew finally beat stage 7 with that unevolved Enel team. Took 4 hours and 5 proper tries (not counting the reset for stage 1) because Arlong is a pain. Avoiding that 20% health treshold with toxic on was so annoying.

Could people put their V2 Katakuri up please? Would be much appreciated, going to try finish off stage 8 tonight. :)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't care for Judge, but got BM done on the 60 stamina. Decent EXP thanks to double Jack as well, got a level up somewhere in there. . Saving the copies for the upcoming skillup.

Forgot about ColoBrook, so that's something to do tomorrow. Then I really need to get on clearing that last story island.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
How good are the new Mihawk and Sanji anyway? Are they the best versions of each character thus far? I was surprised to see that double banner turn into a part 1 and part 2 for them, do Sugos always do that?

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Got Garp Challenge stage 8 done. That V2 Kata/Snakeman team from Mean Machine was very smooth, even had room for error on the burst rounds. Will try clear the Lucy stage once tonight or tomorrow for the extra gem but can't be bothered doing it 10 times for a few tablets and support tokens.

Rerolling for Kaido is a pain. I just want my lazyboi captain gdi

Rerolling on part 2? Did you give up on your former account or is this just going to be an alt account? Good luck anyway! :)

Apparently the 40 stamina version counts towards the 15 run CM. Looks like I'm going to get both the judge missions and big mom runs done after all.

Ahhh didn't read the fine print, oh well it's too late, won't get 300 stamina before reset for 5 Judge runs today then another 5 tomorrow. Would need to gem but then that would defeat the purpose. At least I got extra copies of Big Mom with the 60 stamina version so wasn't all a waste.

Didn't care for Judge, but got BM done on the 60 stamina. Decent EXP thanks to double Jack as well, got a level up somewhere in there. . Saving the copies for the upcoming skillup.

Forgot about ColoBrook, so that's something to do tomorrow. Then I really need to get on clearing that last story island.

Colo Brook is super duper useless but gotta farm him for next TM, he'll be a 1.35x point booster probably. There's so much to farm nowadays, haven't had a period of drought in over two months. Not complaining though, I'm glad there always is something to grind for when you turn the game on lately.

How good at the new Mihawk and Sanji anyway? I was surprised to see that double banner turn into a part 1 and part 2 for them, do Sugos always do that?

The new V2 Mihawk and Zoro are strong, but you need both of them to get the most out their batch and it's pretty hard to pull one new legend, let alone two. They are also specifically for the Slasher class, which was the weakest class by far until this sugo. Now they can clear most content at least. But still pretty limited in terms of team building, which isn't helped by the fact that right now, half the good slasher units are either Mihawks or Zoros. Definitely not worth spending any gem on when the next few new batches are much much better.

And yup most big new sugos are usually divided in 3 parts with different boosted legends/rare recruits for each part. The multi countdown resets between each part too (so say you've done 2 multis on part 1, when part 2 rolls out, if you do another multi, it's just the first multi). Usually part 1 = days 1 and 2, part 2 = days 3 and 4, part 3 = days 5 and 6 then all 3 parts are available at the same time for a week after that.

You kinda need to check the infographics made by people or check the ingame list to figure out which part is best for you to pull on.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Rerolling on part 2? Did you give up on your former account or is this just going to be an alt account? Good luck anyway! :)

I restart OPTC pretty frequently. Playing with the new overpowered hotness is fun but I am not rich enough to pull all the new toys. I had an account with Snakeman, Carrot, and a bunch of other legends up until about 3 months ago.

And Kaido seems like the ultimate "fuck the midgame" legend. 90% of the content in the game dies to his captain alone.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The new V2 Mihawk and Zoro are strong, but you need both of them to get the most out their batch and it's pretty hard to pull one new legend, let alone two. They are also specifically for the Slasher class, which was the weakest class by far until this sugo. Now they can clear most content at least. But still pretty limited in terms of team building, which isn't helped by the fact that right now, half the good slasher units are either Mihawks or Zoros. Definitely not worth spending any gem on when the next few new batches are much much better.

And yup most big new sugos are usually divided in 3 parts with different boosted legends/rare recruits for each part. The multi countdown resets between each part too (so say you've done 2 multis on part 1, when part 2 rolls out, if you do another multi, it's just the first multi). Usually part 1 = days 1 and 2, part 2 = days 3 and 4, part 3 = days 5 and 6 then all 3 parts are available at the same time for a week after that.

You kinda need to check the infographics made by people or check the ingame list to figure out which part is best for you to pull on.
I wonder why Sugos go away quickly like that. I can get their point but it doesn't sound like it's useful when people only have a few days to summon.

Also I asked because I did 1 30 gem pull when the first part hit and ended up somehow getting them both but it was through an animation I've never seen. The first one was Mihawk through the normal red legend animation but the Zoro came from a regular looking one, like a gold poster but then it turned into a legend. Out of the little time I've spent with this game that's by far the luckiest thing I've pulled and gacha-wise I don't think I've ever been that lucky in any gacha game in my life besides maybe pull 1 LR in Dokkan through my first pull.

This game's actually giving me better luck than other gachas are and I didn't expect it to tbh. I deleted Dragonball Legends, Naruto Ultimate Blazing and Bleach Brave Souls so now I just have this one and Dokkan and this one's really climbed up high on my list not due to the summoning and all (while it's fun) but the entire battle system and the mechanics just seem way more fun. I haven't really had any major game this latter part of the year and little did I know this one was going to keep me interested lol.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I restart OPTC pretty frequently. Playing with the new overpowered hotness is fun but I am not rich enough to pull all the new toys. I had an account with Snakeman, Carrot, and a bunch of other legends up until about 3 months ago.

And Kaido seems like the ultimate "fuck the midgame" legend. 90% of the content in the game dies to his captain alone.

Oh that's a pretty interesting way to play. I was asking because I remember you mentionning having a pretty good account in the past.

Kaido is definitely the most "auto win" legend they ever released for anything except recent endgame content.

I wonder why Sugos go away quickly like that. I can get their point but it doesn't sound like it's useful when people only have a few days to summon.

Also I asked because I did 1 30 gem pull when the first part hit and ended up somehow getting them both but it was through an animation I've never seen. The first one was Mihawk through the normal red legend animation but the Zoro came from a regular looking one, like a gold poster but then it turned into a legend. Out of the little time I've spent with this game that's by far the luckiest thing I've pulled and gacha-wise I don't think I've ever been that lucky in any gacha game in my life besides maybe pull 1 LR in Dokkan through my first pull.

This game's actually giving me better luck than other gachas are and I didn't expect it to tbh. I deleted Dragonball Legends, Naruto Ultimate Blazing and Bleach Brave Souls so now I just have this one and Dokkan and this one's really climbed up high on my list not due to the summoning and all (while it's fun) but the entire battle system and the mechanics just seem way more fun. I haven't really had any major game this latter part of the year and little did I know this one was going to keep me interested lol.

Holy Enel! Beginner's luck is real haha. Getting both V2 Mihawk and V2 Zoro on the first discounted multi is unreal, congrats! :)
The animation you're talking about is pretty rare but very cool, people call it "secret red" in this game. When it happens, it means you've pulled one of the boosted legends on the banner. Well now that you have both, you have a very strong foundation for a Slasher team. You want to use Mihawk as your captain preferably and Zoro as a crewmember. And try find another V2 Zoro as your friend captain for the smoothest combo (though double Mihawk works too). Mihawk is like Sanj/Judge in terms of teambuilding though, just you'll need 6 Slashers in your crew instead of 6 Powerhouse. And there are fewer great Slasher RRs.

I haven't played the 3D anime gachas but they look pretty uninspiring, like a worse version of Dynasty Warriors or One Piece Pirate Warriors. Dokkan I never played either but heard the gameplay is very simplistic, it looks like some kind of Bejeweled or Puzzle Bobble.
But yeah I think OPTC has a pretty unique system, RPG like in terms of teambuilding but also with tap timing involved.

About sugos going away quickly, well it used to be much worse lol. Back in the days you'd have to wait months to get a sugo then it became a monthly thing. It would only last 2-3 days too. Nowadays the tavern is always glowing red, once a sugo is over, we almost always get a new one. And they last over a week.

Currently we're getting a new batch (new legend(s) + new rare recruits) at the very end of the month/start of the new one then around the middle of the month, we get a Treasure Map sugo which usually involves the recently released legends and some TM boosters rare recruits (that you don't need to pull for unless you're hardcore grinding TM for ranking). And in between Bandai like to release some surprise sugos like a brand new Global exclusive legend or something themed like "most popular legends" etc.

We are also 6 months behind the Japanese version of the game so we know pretty well what is coming soon, it helps with planning and gems saving.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Got Garp Challenge stage 8 done. That V2 Kata/Snakeman team from Mean Machine was very smooth, even had room for error on the burst rounds.
Been trying that, but keep fucking up on the Senior Pink stage and hitting a good and not clearing it which totally kills you

No problem hitting all perfects on every single other stage, just the one that's death even if you hit a great :P

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Enel! Beginner's luck is real haha. Getting both V2 Mihawk and V2 Zoro on the first discounted multi is unreal, congrats! :)
The animation you're talking about is pretty rare but very cool, people call it "secret red" in this game. When it happens, it means you've pulled one of the boosted legends on the banner. Well now that you have both, you have a very strong foundation for a Slasher team. You want to use Mihawk as your captain preferably and Zoro as a crewmember. And try find another V2 Zoro as your friend captain for the smoothest combo (though double Mihawk works too). Mihawk is like Sanj/Judge in terms of teambuilding though, just you'll need 6 Slashers in your crew instead of 6 Powerhouse. And there are fewer great Slasher RRs.

I haven't played the 3D anime gachas but they look pretty uninspiring, like a worse version of Dynasty Warriors or One Piece Pirate Warriors. Dokkan I never played either but heard the gameplay is very simplistic, it looks like some kind of Bejeweled or Puzzle Bobble.
But yeah I think OPTC has a pretty unique system, RPG like in terms of teambuilding but also with tap timing involved.

About sugos going away quickly, well it used to be much worse lol. Back in the days you'd have to wait months to get a sugo then it became a monthly thing. It would only last 2-3 days too. Nowadays the tavern is always glowing red, once a sugo is over, we almost always get a new one. And they last over a week.

Currently we're getting a new batch (new legend(s) + new rare recruits) at the very end of the month/start of the new one then around the middle of the month, we get a Treasure Map sugo which usually involves the recently released legends and some TM boosters rare recruits (that you don't need to pull for unless you're hardcore grinding TM for ranking). And in between Bandai like to release some surprise sugos like a brand new Global exclusive legend or something themed like "most popular legends" etc.

We are also 6 months behind the Japanese version of the game so we know pretty well what is coming soon, it helps with planning and gems saving.
It's my first ever copy of any Mihawk in this game and Zoro, I've got a lot of them and I've kept them because there's just so many cards I don't know what to keep and what not to keep lol. I figured they were great given there was a whole banner dedicated to them and I saw you mentioning earlier that Mihawk is the better of the two. See that's what I like about this game. Just looking through the cards and seeing the different categories of them and see who works with who and how they match up. I never would have imagined putting these 2 together with someone like I don't know Kaku but it makes sense. I see what you mean about needing 6 Slashers so it's just a matter of who else would qualify.

I tried to play some of them like Bleach but it was just not my forte. When I play mobile games I don't want to constantly play it like it was a 3DS or some handheld. With this game I can tap and that's fine, that's all I need, with Dokkan I tap and that's all I need but with a lot of the 3D games you have to fully play it and invest more of your time into it as if they were full on games and that's just not what I want to do. Dokkan's pretty much a puzzle game where you have a grid and depending on what orbs connect that are the same orb you give more energy to your characters to do attacks until the opponent's defeated, it's pretty easy and it's fun based on similar reasons as to why I like this one and that's due to how easy it is, how deep the combinations can go and the collector's aspect. I've started rewatching OP again (and reactors going through the series) and given the different moments that are dope in the series it makes the game way more fun.

That's one thing I like about this game because it's similar to Dokkan in that it's at least 6 months behind so you can save up well. Sure having a surprise banner is cool and all but that's not helpful in the long run to people's time and wallets. Legends had an issue where it was the same as in Japan and beyond that the power creeping issue was annoying.

From what you're saying (and from what I've been seeing) there's a Luffy/Law combo coming up that someone said might be arguably the best character in the game? That was before Kaido dropped (I saw someone's Kaido beat a raid by himself somehow) but see stuff like that is what I'm talking about. They give Global time to prepare and save before those hit. I love that.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Been trying that, but keep fucking up on the Senior Pink stage and hitting a good and not clearing it which totally kills you

No problem hitting all perfects on every single other stage, just the one that's death even if you hit a great :P

Lol I messed up once on that stage too actually, hit a miss. Each time I cleared it, I hit a great on the final hit with Snakeman but I hit 5 perfects before that! Don't think you can get away with a great on anything but the final hit.

I mostly messed up on Trebol stage haha. Dunno if it would help you but I also used this step by step for dummies, which is pretty much a transcript of Mean Machine video. But somehow I find it easier to read a guide, especially with attack order, than watching a video.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I messed up once on that stage too actually, hit a miss. Each time I cleared it, I hit a great on the final hit with Snakeman but I hit 5 perfects before that! Don't think you can get away with a great on anything but the final hit.

I mostly messed up on Trebol stage haha. Dunno if it would help you but I also used this step by step for dummies, which is pretty much a transcript of Mean Machine video. But somehow I find it easier to read a guide, especially with attack order, than watching a video.
thanks,

I had his video going at half speed with constant pausing because for some reason it's entirely 2x speed

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
It's my first ever copy of any Mihawk in this game and Zoro, I've got a lot of them and I've kept them because there's just so many cards I don't know what to keep and what not to keep lol. I figured they were great given there was a whole banner dedicated to them and I saw you mentioning earlier that Mihawk is the better of the two. See that's what I like about this game. Just looking through the cards and seeing the different categories of them and see who works with who and how they match up. I never would have imagined putting these 2 together with someone like I don't know Kaku but it makes sense. I see what you mean about needing 6 Slashers so it's just a matter of who else would qualify.

I tried to play some of them like Bleach but it was just not my forte. When I play mobile games I don't want to constantly play it like it was a 3DS or some handheld. With this game I can tap and that's fine, that's all I need, with Dokkan I tap and that's all I need but with a lot of the 3D games you have to fully play it and invest more of your time into it as if they were full on games and that's just not what I want to do. Dokkan's pretty much a puzzle game where you have a grid and depending on what orbs connect that are the same orb you give more energy to your characters to do attacks until the opponent's defeated, it's pretty easy and it's fun based on similar reasons as to why I like this one and that's due to how easy it is, how deep the combinations can go and the collector's aspect. I've started rewatching OP again (and reactors going through the series) and given the different moments that are dope in the series it makes the game way more fun.

That's one thing I like about this game because it's similar to Dokkan in that it's at least 6 months behind so you can save up well. Sure having a surprise banner is cool and all but that's not helpful in the long run to people's time and wallets. Legends had an issue where it was the same as in Japan and beyond that the power creeping issue was annoying.

From what you're saying (and from what I've been seeing) there's a Luffy/Law combo coming up that someone said might be arguably the best character in the game? That was before Kaido dropped (I saw someone's Kaido beat a raid by himself somehow) but see stuff like that is what I'm talking about. They give Global time to prepare and save before those hit. I love that.

The V2 Mihawk you just pulled is definitely the best Mihawk unit in the game so you don't have to worry about other Mihawks too much I guess. Raid Mihawk used to be incredibly strong/important back in the days because it was a F2P 30% health cut. TM Mihawk, who was the first TM unit ever released, was busted back then too but he can't compare at all with your new legend. V1 Mihawk is useful in very niche situations because of his specials but is mostly outdated too. About Zoro units, your Zoro is also the best one! Though Raid Zoro (the blue driven one) is pretty good for Driven and some other teams.

I get what you mean about 3D games on your phone. I'm not a fan of mobile gaming in general, OPTC is pretty much the only game that I play properly. It's not as comfortable as playing on a proper handheld or your TV console.

And yeah I totally agree with you about being behind Japan content wise. A lot of people don't like it, they say it ruins the hype, that everything arriving on Global feels "outdated". Even though it's true that there's a big hype factor when a new batch is released on JP, it's a pretty short lived feeling. And it's also pretty misleading, it definitely incites you to pull more and waste your gems. Even though the unit might not be as good as you thought or that it might be countered a month after its release (see V2 Katakuri).
On Global, we can make much more rational decisions about pulling/saving, we can also see the new unit longevity/mileage. And Bandai Global does drop some surprise legends at times, to keep things exciting for the players. Like we Inu/Neko, V2 Whitebeard, Jack, V2 Sabo etc first.

Yeah Luffy/Law is the next big legend most people are waiting for. Everything about them is busted : their CA in dual form is 4.5x (tied highest with V2 Whitebeard but without the health restriction), their special is a 2.5x orb boost for everyone (highest out of any unit), their swap ability is insanely good (they will always get a matching orb, will go through barriers and are boosting themselves by 2x). And most importantly, they are a rainbow lead so you can use any class/colour in their crew. That's why Snakeman is so good. It means they have access to the best subs. Obviously you still need to build your crew properly, make sure your subs specials complement each other. No point putting V2 Mihawk as sub if you're not using other Slasher units since his special only boosts Slashers. Luffy/Law are not crucial though but they will see a lot of play after their release.

And then you have from the same batch V2 Big Mom who is absolutely amazing as a sub (not so much as a captain). A 3.5x chain multiplier is the highest in the game and she gives a huge attack boost to your whole crew based on HP, something only one other unit in the whole game does (and it's an outdated unit no one uses). People were unsure about her at launch but since then she's in a ton of teams on JP for tough content. I use her all the time.

And then a couple weeks after those 2, we'll get Koala/Sabo who are the 2nd best leads in the game imo. They might not be as strong as Luffy/Law number wise but they boost two very good classes (Free Spirit and especially Cerebral, a class with a lot of amazing units) and they are the only unit in the whole game who get rid of a very annoying debuff entirely. And that debuff will be widely used by Bandai in future endgame content. Not to mention their swap ability is even better than Luffy/Law's, getting rid of two debuffs and boosting their whole crew colour affinity. Plus your dual Inu/Neko legend pairs up very well as a sub for Koala/Sabo since they boost Cerebral orbs by 2.25x while Koala/Sabo boost their attack by 2.25x.

And in the following batch we'll be getting Shirahoshi/Mansherry who are just the best utility unit in the game. They will reduce any two debuffs of your choice by 10 turns, which is often enough to get rid of them. Being Striker and Cerebral they will fit plenty of teams but they are so good that people even bring them when they are not boosted just for the debuff removal and heal. I didn't expect to use them as much as I did when I first pulled them but they make my life so much easier, I just bring them for most content when I go in blind. Vivi/Rebecca from the same batch are pretty good too, I don't have them but I see a lot of teams with them.

And then you the Stampede batch with Bullet who is an absolute monster, he "only" boosts 3 colours but it's a flat 4x boost all the time, while Luffy/Law and other dual units only boosts for 3.25x or 3.5x until they are in their dual form for 3 turns. Two of the 3 types he boosts have access to incredible subs too. And Bullet unique ability is that he inflicts rainbow damage, so despite being a STR unit, he'll always deal double damage against any other colour, even QCK. Coupled with the fact he boosts his own attack by 4.75x, just finish your attack chain with him every time for incredible damage.

As you can see, the next 4-5 months are full of busted units and each of them should release with a 2x legend rate sugo. I didn't even mention Stampede Luffy or Kaido. That being said, the powercreep is still relatively minimal, in the sense that you can still beat everything with Snakeman and clear a lot of stuff with units like Sanji/Judge, Barto/Cavendish, Carrot, Capone. Some of those legends can pair with/leech from the newer ones too. But yeah if you manage to pull one of those future legends, you'll be set for a while.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The V2 Mihawk you just pulled is definitely the best Mihawk unit in the game so you don't have to worry about other Mihawks too much I guess. Raid Mihawk used to be incredibly strong/important back in the days because it was a F2P 30% health cut. TM Mihawk, who was the first TM unit ever released, was busted back then too but he can't compare at all with your new legend. V1 Mihawk is useful in very niche situations because of his specials but is mostly outdated too. About Zoro units, your Zoro is also the best one! Though Raid Zoro (the blue driven one) is pretty good for Driven and some other teams.

I get what you mean about 3D games on your phone. I'm not a fan of mobile gaming in general, OPTC is pretty much the only game that I play properly. It's not as comfortable as playing on a proper handheld or your TV console.

And yeah I totally agree with you about being behind Japan content wise. A lot of people don't like it, they say it ruins the hype, that everything arriving on Global feels "outdated". Even though it's true that there's a big hype factor when a new batch is released on JP, it's a pretty short lived feeling. And it's also pretty misleading, it definitely incites you to pull more and waste your gems. Even though the unit might not be as good as you thought or that it might be countered a month after its release (see V2 Katakuri).
On Global, we can make much more rational decisions about pulling/saving, we can also see the new unit longevity/mileage. And Bandai Global does drop some surprise legends at times, to keep things exciting for the players. Like we Inu/Neko, V2 Whitebeard, Jack, V2 Sabo etc first.

Yeah Luffy/Law is the next big legend most people are waiting for. Everything about them is busted : their CA in dual form is 4.5x (tied highest with V2 Whitebeard but without the health restriction), their special is a 2.5x orb boost for everyone (highest out of any unit), their swap ability is insanely good (they will always get a matching orb, will go through barriers and are boosting themselves by 2x). And most importantly, they are a rainbow lead so you can use any class/colour in their crew. That's why Snakeman is so good. It means they have access to the best subs. Obviously you still need to build your crew properly, make sure your subs specials complement each other. No point putting V2 Mihawk as sub if you're not using other Slasher units since his special only boosts Slashers. Luffy/Law are not crucial though but they will see a lot of play after their release.

And then you have from the same batch V2 Big Mom who is absolutely amazing as a sub (not so much as a captain). A 3.5x chain multiplier is the highest in the game and she gives a huge attack boost to your whole crew based on HP, something only one other unit in the whole game does (and it's an outdated unit no one uses). People were unsure about her at launch but since then she's in a ton of teams on JP for tough content. I use her all the time.

And then a couple weeks after those 2, we'll get Koala/Sabo who are the 2nd best leads in the game imo. They might not be as strong as Luffy/Law number wise but they boost two very good classes (Free Spirit and especially Cerebral, a class with a lot of amazing units) and they are the only unit in the whole game who get rid of a very annoying debuff entirely. And that debuff will be widely used by Bandai in future endgame content. Not to mention their swap ability is even better than Luffy/Law's, getting rid of two debuffs and boosting their whole crew colour affinity. Plus your dual Inu/Neko legend pairs up very well as a sub for Koala/Sabo since they boost Cerebral orbs by 2.25x while Koala/Sabo boost their attack by 2.25x.

And in the following batch we'll be getting Shirahoshi/Mansherry who are just the best utility unit in the game. They will reduce any two debuffs of your choice by 10 turns, which is often enough to get rid of them. Being Striker and Cerebral they will fit plenty of teams but they are so good that people even bring them when they are not boosted just for the debuff removal and heal. I didn't expect to use them as much as I did when I first pulled them but they make my life so much easier, I just bring them for most content when I go in blind. Vivi/Rebecca from the same batch are pretty good too, I don't have them but I see a lot of teams with them.

And then you the Stampede batch with Bullet who is an absolute monster, he "only" boosts 3 colours but it's a flat 4x boost all the time, while Luffy/Law and other dual units only boosts for 3.25x or 3.5x until they are in their dual form for 3 turns. Two of the 3 types he boosts have access to incredible subs too. And Bullet unique ability is that he inflicts rainbow damage, so despite being a STR unit, he'll always deal double damage against any other colour, even QCK. Coupled with the fact he boosts his own attack by 4.75x, just finish your attack chain with him every time for incredible damage.

As you can see, the next 4-5 months are full of busted units and each of them should release with a 2x legend rate sugo. I didn't even mention Stampede Luffy or Kaido. That being said, the powercreep is still relatively minimal, in the sense that you can still beat everything with Snakeman and clear a lot of stuff with units like Sanji/Judge, Barto/Cavendish, Carrot, Capone. Some of those legends can pair with/leech from the newer ones too. But yeah if you manage to pull one of those future legends, you'll be set for a while.
What happened with V2 Katakuri? Which one is V2? Is it the "Serious Battle" one with his mouth showing or the original?

Wow, that's an insane lineup of units but it's great that the output is as great as it is. Looks like the next few months should be pretty great. I still don't have Snakeman but I've got a good line-up to help me through and I'm still in the story mode. Right now I'm only up to the Fishman Island arc so there's still a lot to get through.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Okay there, stage 8 done.

I hate random enemy cooldowns on very precise stages

Grats! Just beat Lucy stage with your V2 Kata, thanks ^^
And random cooldown is by far the most infuriating part of challenges/forests. I'm baffled it's never been changed even but not many people talk about it because of how rare that kind of content is. But resetting about 10 times to get good cooldowns on stage 1 of Garp Challenge 7 today made me want to tear my hair.

What happened with V2 Katakuri? Which one is V2? Is it the "Serious Battle" one with his mouth showing or the original?

Wow, that's an insane lineup of units but it's great that the output is as great as it is. Looks like the next few months should be pretty great. I still don't have Snakeman but I've got a good line-up to help me through and I'm still in the story mode. Right now I'm only up to the Fishman Island arc so there's still a lot to get through.

Yup it's the PSY one, the Serious Battle one. Just Bandai made his special a bit too good on launch, like V2 Doflamingo. With V2 Kata, you can stall a long while on early stages to "charge up" his special and then just use his special to nuke boss stages. So soon enough they released content where bosses would switch their type/colour based on your own captain, because V2 Kata captain ability relies on colour affinity boost. Then since it wasn't enough to stop him, they released a brand new debuff that nullifies any type of damage aside from "normal attacks only". So his special nuke deals 1 damage and his tap timing damage (which is added on top of the normal attack) deals no damage. That buff has been pretty prevalent in harder content since then. But for content where you can use him, he's still pretty broken. Like the current Garp Challenges.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yup it's the PSY one, the Serious Battle one. Just Bandai made his special a bit too good on launch, like V2 Doflamingo. With V2 Kata, you can stall a long while on early stages to "charge up" his special and then just use his special to nuke boss stages. So soon enough they released content where bosses would switch their type/colour based on your own captain, because V2 Kata captain ability relies on colour affinity boost. Then since it wasn't enough to stop him, they released a brand new debuff that nullifies any type of damage aside from "normal attacks only". So his special nuke deals 1 damage and his tap timing damage (which is added on top of the normal attack) deals no damage. That buff has been pretty prevalent in harder content since then. But for content where you can use him, he's still pretty broken. Like the current Garp Challenges.
That's hilariously broken wow you weren't kidding lmao!!

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... Last day for Garp challenge, the only challenges I have left is clearing the Lucy stage 5 and 10 times. It doesn't reward you with a gem so I'm not too bummed out on missing it. I got the first clear for the gem at least.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... Last day for Garp challenge, the only challenges I have left is clearing the Lucy stage 5 and 10 times. It doesn't reward you with a gem so I'm not too bummed out on missing it. I got the first clear for the gem at least.

I didn't do those either. Complete waste of time per effort as far as I'm concerned.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yup didn't bother with those either. The runs aren't that long but most teams can only clear 2 out of 3 variations so that's extra time wasted on RNG.

Completed the Raid Big Mom CM, should have enough energy to hit 25/30 Judge runs. A free guaranteed support token is better than nothing I guess. Hope I won't regret only farming 27 copies of Big Mom.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I finished all my Big Mom runs just now too, sitting at 40 copies. Would have had some more spare stamina if I hadn't accidentally killed mobs too quickly on Stages 1/2, getting me slapped with that despair avalanche in Stage 3. I'm feeling pretty good about BM, tomorrow I'll probably drop a few gems to get Nightmare Luffy farmed up

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't do those either. Complete waste of time per effort as far as I'm concerned.
I feel like some of these recent rewards aren't worth farming, hopefully that changes soon...

It's pretty annoying that they gave is 2 events that ended at the same time but it's nice that we've gotten a steady stream of things to do. I just wish they staggered the events a little more properly.

I'm also probably going to hold my raid big mom copies for the x3 skill rate. Currently, I have 31 copies but I want to make sure she's maxed so I don't have to farm her ever again.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
not gonna hold my Big Mom's for 3x since Treasure Map will fuck my box space sideways anyway, much less probably needing her

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a Chaos team for brooks stage 2, the one Vs zoro? One without carrot preferably.
Besides that underground farming all day. Should be easy

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.nakama.network/stages/5248800/details There are 3 teams on nakama not sure if you got the units
Oh, right, I always forget nakama network. There's a snakeman team I can make, thanks!

Spent the day farming ColoBrook underground with a Jack team, and already have 23 copies (counting Chopperman rewards) and 2 skillbooks. Should be fine to max him at this rate when skillup comes, may even try a bit earlier due to encroaching boxspace

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Dang Zeenigami taking a break/might be done with Treasure Cruise and he's one of the better guide especially f2p maker for this game

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get around to farming Neo Nightmare Luffy the last time he showed up so I'm doing it now. I'll do Colo Brook after. I have the stamina since I don't need any of the FNs.

Dang Zeenigami taking a break/might be done with Treasure Cruise and he's one of the better guide especially f2p maker for this game

That's a shame, I used his videos for a lot of raids and stuff. But I guess if you're in so deep you'll get burnt out eventually.

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
Yo I did a 30 gem multi on part 2 for mihawk or carrot and i got 2 legends a dupe Shiki and new legend carrot, saving my other 100 gems for TM sugo which starts on the 14th October