• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Got 80 gems and decided to do 2 multis for Perona. I got 6 legends from the pulls but the only notable ones were Usopp (now I have a 6+ and a 6) and Inu/Neko who was new. I also got LRR Boa (or seasonal Boa?) And LRR Sanji (probably another seasonal version). Didn't really get any notable RR outside of those but I'm pretty happy I got a new legend. Now to save up for Anni...

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Congrats to everyone who pulled great stuff this sugo. I see quite a few people here have got their hands on either Luffy/Law or V2 Big Mom or even both. Way to (partially) future proof your account and enter the New World!

I did 10 multis on part 1 as planned and looks like I won't quite leave Sabaody yet. Needed a bit of a reset after this sugo. Wasn't the "revenge match" with Lawffy sugo I pictured, actually was eerily similar to the beatdown I took on JP 5th anni lol. I've more or less come to terms with the fact that I'm 0/2 on the new dual legends after spending 470 gems.

I still have 450 gems but I won't pull anymore on this sugo, there's no sense spending more with Koala/Sabo already on the horizon. By time they arrive at the end of November, I should have over 500 gems, hopefully I can pull them within 9 multis. The goal is to have at least 1/3 out of Luffy/Law, V2 Big Mom and Koala/Sabo by then, 2/3 would make it more comfortable. And then I should be able to afford 5 multis on Reverie princesses sugo at New Year, which hopefully should be enough to pull one of them. Having 2/5 of the latest dual legends is the bare minimum to have a shot at farming everything "properly" in the next 3 months from my own experience, pulling 3 or 4 of them would make things so much easier though.

I don't really care about Kaido/Anniversary because the current JP content tailored for Kaido is incredibly easy and also made for V2 Whitebeard. Pulling the dual legends in 5 months during 5th anni wouldn't help because the problem is farming the content released in the next few months. Would be too late by then.

Thanks.
That setup works perfectly...Big Mom v2 makes this stage really easy and with the "retry" function you can get multiple runs in, even if only one of your friends has the unit up. Feels good being able to farm and obtain some of the newer units.

From what you and the others have posted it seems like the first two TM units i should focus on would be Nami and Smoothie/Oven.

A bit late but in case you haven't picked yet, adding my voice to the chorus of people who said Nami, Smoothie/Oven and Law. Nami is definitely top priority and I think for your account, Smoothie/Oven is better than Law. Especially since the new raid Magellan/Hannyabal releasing in a few days was a perfect showcase for them! Every single round has annoying foes with resilience and you'll be able to farm that raid much more easily with Smoothie/Oven. :)

Plus you might even use them a couple times as TM captains if you're F2P/unlucky, they are pretty decent in that role aswell.

I agree with you with the TM rankings, although will Kizuna always be this easy/give out rewards this good? I don't think the 2018+ legend tickets are worth grinding alone and if Kizuna is always this generous, I think it might be worth dropping down the either East blue or grandline.
Don't we get this Kizuna multiple times though? Seems like it'd be pretty easy to stockpile up as many tablets as possible.

We do get Zoro/Sanji multiple times but the fights change completely every time and it does get quite harder. This was by far the easiest Kizuna round on JP. Next round, which is tailored for Koala/Sabo, was the most brutal one. There are 3 main factors as to why it gets harder :

1) They fixed the Brook/Magellan cheese. That's the only reason why we can reach lvl 120+ on this Kizuna. Double Luffy/Law can only reach lvl 80 or so. In the future Kizuna rounds, one of the three fights might be cheesable by Magellan or Shiryu but that's pointless when your two other versions will plateau much earlier.

2) The duration of the event will be shorter, this initial one was 12-13 days? The future rounds all lasted 8 days.

3) Box nr 7 got nerfed too in terms of tablets. We currently have 1 gold manual and 5 of each tablet (for a total of 65) per box, future ones will have a silver manual and just 3 of each tablet (for total of 39) while STILL maintaining the current 500 items size.

Now there's a small chance that Global will skip nr 2 and 3 changes. I can see them keeping the 12 days duration for us. I could see them being generous and keeping the boxes unchanged aswell. The fact remains though that with the best/most whale teams, people will plateau at lvl 60-70.

You can see the reddit thread for Round 2 here. The initial fights are already pretty rough but on top of that, starting from lvl 16, they add incredibly nasty mechanics (which hopefully won't make their way to Global). Here is Zeenigami's breakdown for the fights.
If you have a quick look at the best teams, it's usually double Koala/Sabo, Koala/Sabo + Inu/Neko, Koala/Sabo + Luffy/Law. Our upcoming TM Shanks/Beckmann is actually a great unit for this (like TM Weevil was F2P MVP for this Kizuna) but you need to bring Shirahoshi then.

This is the thread for Round 3, the Reverie princesses one. It was easier than Round 2 but still quite harder than our first one. Once again the top leads/subs were a combination of the 6 most recent dual legends.

TL;DR Farm the crap out of this Kizuna because it's as good as it gets. If you can't do single stamina anymore, switch to double stamina.

Other than that I really wish I had something to farm. I like the rewards and stuff from FN's and raids but lately I've just been finishing them in a day or two. Then it's just... nothing. Finished Usopp/Choopper in 2 days, finished Trebol/Doffy in 2 days, the FN was done super quick. Now it's just Kizuna if I feel like farming for tablets. Not sure what the solution is, but right now it's get the gems, play a stage, then play another game for a bit

That's the 3x skillup effect for you yup. At least we got new Chopperman missions for Shanks/Mihawk, that's 3 easy gems there!
If you are interested, Halloween event has started on JP and it's pretty busy already, new FN, raid and coliseum.

There's some every day posters that haven't been around since the sugo started, hope they didn't get burned too badly...

<.< >.>

After a few days, I've more or less made my peace with my pulls... The saving grace was pulling Inu/Neko on the 10th multi (first poster) but it was immediately followed by the despair of pulling them again on the last poster as my guaranteed dual legend. Gotta admit, I was pretty bitter at the time. Went in that final pull with a 9/12 chance of something new. They all had equal rates too. But at least Inu/Neko will destroy content next month since that's when they got released on JP. Will put them to good use for Kizuna #2, TM Lucci and maybe Colo Morley.

Aside from that, only got 3 other new legends from the 17 red posters. Pulled Cracker, which I'm happy enough about, used him on Snakeman team to farm Shanks/Mihawk today; an off-banner Capone, which I used to clear Chaos Doffy/Trebol; a PSY Judge that I super evolved but probably will never use him.

I only have 3 dual legends and I pulled dupes for all 3 of them on this sugo : Warco, Barto/Cav, Inu/Neko. -_____-

Last edited:

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I am happy this sugo, 4 new legends out of 10 missing legends : law/luffy, V2 big mom, cat/dog and Lace all new. Just missing 2 old legends and 4 newer ones

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Kizuna has treated me very well. I have 32 of my legends rainbowed and judging from the ease of play and abundance of rewards, it makes me question whether or not trying to make rank in treasure map is even worth the time and effort. I was really playing for tablets and a very low chance at a new legend but with Kizuna out now, I might take a more casual approach on TM.

Regarding Kizuna vs TM, in terms of tablets, there's no comparison. This Kizuna is 9-10 times more generous than ranking top 100 in TM and much less time consuming. Even accounting the upcoming "nerfs" to Kizuna, it will still reward 4-5 times more than ranking very high in TM. Since Kizuna launched, there definitely was a negative impact on TM participation.

That's why Bandai had to adjust the rewards in TM to make people go for rankings again (and it worked). They added :

- The new super limited LB+ ultra rainbow keys
- Units only obtainable through high rankings (Stampede Sanji)
- Better red posters (more limited pools)
- Titles

Nowadays
TM : Red posters, LB mats
Kizuna : Tablets, CCs

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
900 stamina got me 1 skillup away from maxing Raid Judge. 3x skillup is too good to me, I went 13/15

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Huh just read the latest in game notice, it says that Bandai are going to remove/disable 2x stamina for future Kizuna clashes because it's linked to that black screen bug people get when they try to power up Zoro/Sanji. That seems pretty extreme for a problem that is easily dealt with. Hope they find a proper fix quickly but the wording of that announcement is pretty worrying. Considering they have over a month before the next Kizuna, you'd think it would be enough time to get rid of that bug but sounds like this could take them months to solve.

That would be pretty much halve the tickets people get from SOS on top of making it harder for players with suboptimal teams since the fights will scale faster. Though at the end of the day, this feature didn't exist on JP so the mode is balanced for single stamina.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Almost done with Sengoku, just need 2 more copies for LB. Unfortunately had to run Lucy instead of Ray since I couldn't find a team. Guess he'll have to wait.

Huh just read the latest in game notice, it says that Bandai are going to remove/disable 2x stamina for future Kizuna clashes because it's like to that black screen bug people get when they try to power up Zoro/Sanji. That seems pretty extreme for a problem that is easily dealt with. Hope they find a proper fix quickly but the wording of that announcement is pretty worrying. Considering they have over a month before the next Kizuna, you'd think it would be enough time to get rid of that bug but sounds like this could take them months to solve.

That would be pretty much halve the tickets people get from SOS on top of making it harder for players with suboptimal teams since the fights will scale faster. Though at the end of the day, this feature didn't exist on JP so the mode is balanced for single stamina.

Oh wow, is that what's been causing the bug? Also it's a bit odd that doing the 2x stamina doesn't give you 2x rewards.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Invasion Sengoku maxed, bless you Warco for making that single run safe and easy. On to getting some of those Shanks/Mihawk missions out of the way.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Can already tell the impact of Kizuna, I see so many more rainbowed legends on my friendlist. A lot of Brook and Magellan, they sure deserve it. Went ahead and spent some tablets on Inazuma and Ain, zero regret!
Had my first proper Kizuna farming session today, still got 400 tokens to go through. Used up most of my Kizuna potions but will probably keep 5 as a safety net for the future Kizuna, in case the game isn't as generous with free refills.

Oh wow, is that what's been causing the bug? Also it's a bit odd that doing the 2x stamina doesn't give you 2x rewards.

Apparently so! 2x stamina definitely feels "experimental", like most Global improvements. Can't even tell whether not getting 2x rewards/drops is intentionnal or not lol. It could be a balance decision or a bad bug.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did a single multi and (surprisingly) got three legends, one of them being a secret red poster too. I got Shiki, Carrot, and then Log Luffy.

Carrot looks pretty fun.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Caught up with Kizuna now, currently lvl 93. Now to spend those 1500 tickets, going to be fun... Wish you could exchange 100 at once.

I did a single multi and (surprisingly) got three legends, one of them being a secret red poster too. I got Shiki, Carrot, and then Log Luffy.

Carrot looks pretty fun.

Congrats, that's a pretty great haul for 1 multi. Carrot will be useful almost every other Kizuna, she pretty much has her own niche! Not the easiest legend to build for but certainly very strong against some annoying pieces of content.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Should have stopped on the true day 1. Did a final 30 multi and got no legends

BUT I GOT SANDERSONIA. Totally outdated but she's been my white whale for ages.

Oct 27, 2017
Done with the dress-up FN. Max skilled all the units I have. I guess tomorrow's a colo day so I'll see who I still need to farm. Then it's Magellan/Hannyabal.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow the next sugo looks good. For five multis(two discounted!) you're guaranteed a top tier legend

What assholes

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, if I had done more than 3 multis I'd be mad as hell. Who's the guaranteed legend?
Part 1 is Lawfy, Warco, Catdog, V2 Mihawk, Cracker and Capone

Part 2 is V2 Big Mom, V2 Zoro, SanjiJudge, BartoCav, Carrot and V2 Katakuri

If you're missing a lot of recent legends it seems like an extremely good pool for only five multis

Oct 27, 2017

If you're missing a lot of recent legends it seems like an extremely good pool for only five multis

Oh wow. Yeah, Majukun was right about this last sugo being a trap. What the hell

Anyway, looks like I have 1/3 of both parts so I'll probably do 5 pulls on one of them.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

Would have pulled on part 1 if I didn't just pull Inu/Neko, Cracker and Capone from this sugo. Instead I'm only missing 2/6, Luffy/Law and V2 Mihawk and obviously I couldn't care less about Mihawk.

Missing 5/6 on part 2, I only have Barto/Cav but ehhhhhhhhhh I'd be mostly pulling for V2 Big Mom or Sanji/Judge. I'd cry if I got Zoro, Barto/Cav or V2 Kata...

Crazy how much they are milking Luffy/Law, this is not even the TM sugo which is coming right afterwards. They really want to drain people dry before Koala/Sabo.

Still if you own none of those, it's a pretty good deal for sure, 210 gems for a recent legend, half of them being amazing.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I'm good after the last sugo. Out of those, the only ones I really want are Lawffy (who I probably wouldn't get let's be real) and Cracker. Probably would go for Part 1 over Part 2 if I was pulling even though Katakuri is nice. Like, if I ended up with V2 Mihawk for 210 gems, it would feel kind of a waste even though he would be new since there are better legends on the way.... plus there isn't even 2x legend rate so most likely we would only end up with 1 good legend.

But if you're missing most of these, this is a great way to guarantee yourself at least 1 top tier legend. Depending on your situation, this might be better than the sugo we just got.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Won't be pulling on this sugo but now I'm getting all excited at the prospect of this exact same sugo after the Revolutionaries batch in 3 weeks. Imagine this limited pool for 210 gems : Koala/Sabo, Luffy/Law, V2 Big Mom, Sanji/Judge, Inu/Neko, Barto/Cav

And then right after Reverie batch, we'd get :
- Part 1 : Shirahoshi/Mansherry, Luffy/Law, Barto/Cav, Carrot, Cracker, Warco
- Part 2 : Vivi/Rebecca, Koala/Sabo, V2 Big Mom, Inu/Neko, Sanji/Judge, V2 Kata

*drools*

So do you guys think this is a one off or it could happen after every single big 2x sugo? Guessing this would severely reduce the hype for the debut sugo if it became a recurrent thing.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Attempted to make my first real team with Luffy/Law. Lemme know if I'm going at it wrong.

S46AX7h.png

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Attempted to make my first real team with Luffy/Law. Lemme know if I'm going at it wrong.
For per damage would work well but you don't need Carrot on there cause LuLaw's special gives you 2.5 orb boost Carrot's does 2.0 and limited to slasher, striker, fighter, shooters and cerebral unit.
Shanks is useful only really if you're gonna colour boost one type and chain boost but Cracker does a better boost but if you use him when you use LuLaw's special they won't get the colour affinity boost. Brook is okay for damage mitigation but you'll probably be better of with a unit that does conditional damage boost. I put your team into damage calculator and it does a decent amount but could do more if you added some different units to do more conditions:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...9,2236:99,2007:99C1,10B0D0E1360Q0L0G0R37S100H
Here's an example of what you could do by stacking units that does conditions:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...102:99,5051:99C1,10B0D70E1365Q0L0G0R47S40.08H

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017

SanjiJudge is the only one here I have, and if it's weighted at all I can't imagine they'd be higher than BartoCav, Carrot, or Kata. Tempting, but I would have trouble hitting five multis already this soon. There's the TM sugo as well...

Still, I kind of feel like outside of grabbing some TM boosters now and then, I'm probably best off waiting for anniversary. There's really not a lot of units I'm missing (outside of the LRR pool), and even though there's a handful of RRs I'd like (V2 Ichiji, CrocRobin, V2 Ideo), it's not much that would move the needle.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
For per damage would work well but you don't need Carrot on there cause LuLaw's special gives you 2.5 orb boost Carrot's does 2.0 and limited to slasher, striker, fighter, shooters and cerebral unit.
Shanks is useful only really if you're gonna colour boost one type and chain boost but Cracker does a better boost but if you use him when you use LuLaw's special they won't get the colour affinity boost. Brook is okay for damage mitigation but you'll probably be better of with a unit that does conditional damage boost. I put your team into damage calculator and it does a decent amount but could do more if you added some different units to do more conditions:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...9,2236:99,2007:99C1,10B0D0E1360Q0L0G0R37S100H
Here's an example of what you could do by stacking units that does conditions:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...102:99,5051:99C1,10B0D70E1365Q0L0G0R47S40.08H
Awesome thanks!!

I've got all of those except that Sabo so I wonder who'd be a great replacement.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome thanks!!

I've got all of those except that Sabo so I wonder who'd be a great replacement.
You could use anyone in place of Sabo tbph I just placed him there to make the team a rainbow one lol, it helps he has adds additional damage as a special. But LuLaw works with all units anyway the example is so that at least you can see from the team why stacking specials causes the damage to go crazy, the MiShanks's conditional damage boost from delay also only really works if your HP is below 50% which is quite unlikely with LuLaw tbph.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy captain boost aside, it blows my mind that LuffyLaw is just a straight up zero condition 2.5x universal orb booster

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
You could use anyone in place of Sabo tbph I just placed him there to make the team a rainbow one lol, it helps he has adds additional damage as a special. But LuLaw works with all units anyway the example is so that at least you can see from the team why stacking specials causes the damage to go crazy, the MiShanks's conditional damage boost from delay also only really works if your HP is below 50% which is quite unlikely with LuLaw tbph.
Ahhhh I see, great point lol.
Yeah that's the thing, I did use that video so I'm doing something wrong I think lol. I watched his other video that said there's 5 different types of characters you'd need for most teams (ATK Booster, Orb Booster, Conditional ATK Booster, Color Affinity Booster and Orb Changer) so I checked to see if my characters all fulfilled one of those roles. I guess I'm still doing something wrong lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might be reaching the theoretical limit for Kizuna levels. I'm on level 140 and the damage taken while using Inazuma's damage threshold reduction is almost near the same amount of healing per turn as Magellan's special. I can theoretically go a bit further in the INT fight thanks to his pinch healing abiltiy (even if I have to do it blind) but in the STR fight you have to contend with paralysis so I'm not sure if there's a way around it.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

S46AX7h.png

Congrats on Luffy/Law! Now you have your rainbow captain :)

As Samurai_Heart said, your team can work but you can do better, there's a lack of synergy with some units (Cracker, Carrot). Luffy/Law is rainbow but it doesn't mean you can mix and match anything. Ultimately, it's pretty difficult to build a real full rainbow team, especially for a newer account. You'll find out that most Luffy/Law teams will lean towards colour based (either QCK or DEX, usually for Kizuna) or gravitate naturally towards Fighter, Slasher and Shooter based. The first two because those are Lawffy classes, the third one because Shooters have better utility and can run legend QCK Franky, one of the more universal 2x ATK booster.

Basically when you build your team you want to focus on two main things, damage and utility :

1) Damage : There are different types of boost as you've learnt from Toadskii teambuilding video but they don't all the same importance when you try to build a team. In order of priority :

- ATK boost : By far the most important boost imo and the toughest slot to fill up, this unit will also dictate the "general shape" of your team. In your case, you picked V2 Shanks, who is an amazing ATK booster, 2.25x is as high as it gets pretty much. But he's a type/colour ATK booster, means you'll most likely want to run a mono colour team with him, so it's going to be either DEX or QCK for your team. That can be very restrictive in terms of utility you can bring. With the units you brought you're forced to do a QCK team (you'll need to switch your 2 Lawffy to Law on the burst stage). Type based teams are generally harder to build and have less versatility/options than Class based teams though.

The main issue for rainbow teams is the lack of universal attack boosting unit. There are tons of universal orb boosters on the other hand. Your best option is the recent TM Weevil who is a universal 2x ATK booster provided the enemy has All Debuff Protection or Delay Debuff Protection, which is probably over half the bosses. Fantastic unit, you should try use it as often as possible. Another very solid and F2P option is Raid Rayleigh, a universal 1.75x boost which should be plenty enough because Lawffy damage is busted. If you have RR Dice, he's another 1.75x universal boost as long as you switch to Law first to meet his condition. But in reality you'll be trying to run a unit who boosts multiple classes (just not all classes) like Legend Franky who is a 2x booster for 4 different classes or the Lucci/Kaku from Lawffy batch as Samurai_Heart pointed out.

- Orb boost : You don't need to worry about this, Lawffy has it covered. That's why your Carrot is redundant because she's a 2x orb booster (lower than Lawffy) and also only boosts certain classes. Plus when you activate her special, she becomes captain, which is something you don't really want 99% of the time (unless you're trying to go through barriers but then you'd pick a Carrot FC instead)

- Colour Affinity boost : You're missing one because Cracker's CA won't apply once Luffy/Law are in their dual form since they are not
Free Spirit, Cerebral, Powerhouse nor Driven. The new Croc/Robin dual unit from Lawffy batch provides a decent universal 1.75 boost in case you pulled them.

- Chain lock or Chain boost : Cracker can work but if you have V2 Big Mom, she's by far the best universal chain locker, a whopping 3.5x. There are many others units who provide a lower chain lock like legend DEX Sabo.

- Conditionnal ATK boost : Very rarely needed, this should be the least of your worries, the cherry on top, unless the content restricts you from using one of the 3 main boosts then you might need the extra damage from a conditionnal booster.

2) Utility : Orb controller, self Debuff remover, enemy buff remover.

In reality, for most recent content, this is what really dictates your crew composition. The current endgame revolves around bringing enough utility to deal with everything the game throws at you while getting just enough damage to clear it. That's why it's so hard to build a "best Lawffy team" to stomp content. You'll be changing your team comp every dungeon in Ultimate difficulty. You'll be checking through your box for units who can remove rainbow shield, treshold, blue shield. Units who can remove burn, paralysis, block orbs. And once you found them you'll try pick your ATK booster and then rest. In your case I think Legend Brook is a good start because he provides something that Lawffy can struggle with : matching orbs. Plus you get damage reduction for 1 turn.
For some content, Brook won't work (interrupt on health cut) but then you can look for units who gives matching orbs or turn all orbs into QCK or DEX.

Sorry it was a bit long but hope it helps to give you a clearer idea on how you can approach team building. You were on the right path, just there are a few things you can improve. As you can see it's not always best to pick the strongest legends. Cracker works much better on your Sanji/Judge team or with Snakeman. The recent dual units RRs are pretty decent with Lawffy (though once your box gets better, you won't use them that much anymore).

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
The lottery rewards are out. Once again a proud member of the Berries Millionnaires club. Hope someone got the better prizes.

Also we're finally getting some old Garp Challenges on Global, from 2 to 4. And they'll be permanent this time. Garp Challenge nr 1 is returning aswell with new Chopperman rewards, even for people who cleared it the first time around.
One thing to note is this happened a few months ago on JP too, old Garp Challenges returning and becoming permanent. So we unfortunately missed out on getting the rewards for Garp 2-4 twice. Shame but this is better than nothing. Still no idea why they delayed these for so long.

I think I might be reaching the theoretical limit for Kizuna levels. I'm on level 140 and the damage taken while using Inazuma's damage threshold reduction is almost near the same amount of healing per turn as Magellan's special. I can theoretically go a bit further in the INT fight thanks to his pinch healing abiltiy (even if I have to do it blind) but in the STR fight you have to contend with paralysis so I'm not sure if there's a way around it.

Yup from what I've seen on JP, lvl 139-141 seems to be the max limit. That being said at that level, even if you fail and no one replies to your SOS, it's still worth spending another 20 tokens to finish off the boss. Will net you more tickets than doing 2x stamina. Kudos on taking full advantage of this first round.

I'll probably end up around lvl 120, maybe slightly more if I'm using up all my potions but reluctant to do that. Already rainbowed the few legends I wanted anyway (Inu/Neko, Capone, Nami, V2 WB).

Crazy captain boost aside, it blows my mind that LuffyLaw is just a straight up zero condition 2.5x universal orb booster

Yeah pretty disgusting unit. I'd be ashamed of using them <.< >.>

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on Luffy/Law! Now you have your rainbow captain :)

As Samurai_Heart said, your team can work but you can do better, there's a lack of synergy with some units (Cracker, Carrot). Luffy/Law is rainbow but it doesn't mean you can mix and match anything. Ultimately, it's pretty difficult to build a real full rainbow team, especially for a newer account. You'll find out that most Luffy/Law teams will lean towards colour based (either QCK or DEX, usually for Kizuna) or gravitate naturally towards Fighter, Slasher and Shooter based. The first two because those are Lawffy classes, the third one because Shooters have better utility and can run legend QCK Franky, one of the more universal 2x ATK booster.

Basically when you build your team you want to focus on two main things, damage and utility :

1) Damage : There are different types of boost as you've learnt from Toadskii teambuilding video but they don't all the same importance when you try to build a team. In order of priority :

- ATK boost : By far the most important boost imo and the toughest slot to fill up, this unit will also dictate the "general shape" of your team. In your case, you picked V2 Shanks, who is an amazing ATK booster, 2.25x is as high as it gets pretty much. But he's a type/colour ATK booster, means you'll most likely want to run a mono colour team with him, so it's going to be either DEX or QCK for your team. That can be very restrictive in terms of utility you can bring. With the units you brought you're forced to do a QCK team (you'll need to switch your 2 Lawffy to Law on the burst stage). Type based teams are generally harder to build and have less versatility/options than Class based teams though.

The main issue for rainbow teams is the lack of universal attack boosting unit. There are tons of universal orb boosters on the other hand. Your best option is the recent TM Weevil who is a universal 2x ATK booster provided the enemy has All Debuff Protection or Delay Debuff Protection, which is probably over half the bosses. Fantastic unit, you should try use it as often as possible. Another very solid and F2P option is Raid Rayleigh, a universal 1.75x boost which should be plenty enough because Lawffy damage is busted. If you have RR Dice, he's another 1.75x universal boost as long as you switch to Law first to meet his condition. But in reality you'll be trying to run a unit who boosts multiple classes (just not all classes) like Legend Franky who is a 2x booster for 4 different classes or the Lucci/Kaku from Lawffy batch as Samurai_Heart pointed out.

- Orb boost : You don't need to worry about this, Lawffy has it covered. That's why your Carrot is redundant because she's a 2x orb booster (lower than Lawffy) and also only boosts certain classes. Plus when you activate her special, she becomes captain, which is something you don't really want 99% of the time (unless you're trying to go through barriers but then you'd pick a Carrot FC instead)

- Colour Affinity boost : You're missing one because Cracker's CA won't apply once Luffy/Law are in their dual form since they are not
Free Spirit, Cerebral, Powerhouse nor Driven. The new Croc/Robin dual unit from Lawffy batch provides a decent universal 1.75 boost in case you pulled them.

- Chain lock or Chain boost : Cracker can work but if you have V2 Big Mom, she's by far the best universal chain locker, a whopping 3.5x. There are many others units who provide a lower chain lock like legend DEX Sabo.

- Conditionnal ATK boost : Very rarely needed, this should be the least of your worries, the cherry on top, unless the content restricts you from using one of the 3 main boosts then you might need the extra damage from a conditionnal booster.

2) Utility : Orb controller, self Debuff remover, enemy buff remover.

In reality, for most recent content, this is what really dictates your crew composition. The current endgame revolves around bringing enough utility to deal with everything the game throws at you while getting just enough damage to clear it. That's why it's so hard to build a "best Lawffy team" to stomp content. You'll be changing your team comp every dungeon in Ultimate difficulty. You'll be checking through your box for units who can remove rainbow shield, treshold, blue shield. Units who can remove burn, paralysis, block orbs. And once you found them you'll try pick your ATK booster and then rest. In your case I think Legend Brook is a good start because he provides something that Lawffy can struggle with : matching orbs. Plus you get damage reduction for 1 turn.
For some content, Brook won't work (interrupt on health cut) but then you can look for units who gives matching orbs or turn all orbs into QCK or DEX.

Sorry it was a bit long but hope it helps to give you a clearer idea on how you can approach team building. You were on the right path, just there are a few things you can improve. As you can see it's not always best to pick the strongest legends. Cracker works much better on your Sanji/Judge team or with Snakeman. The recent dual units RRs are pretty decent with Lawffy (though once your box gets better, you won't use them that much anymore).
Wow thanks for all of this insight!!! I'm taking a hard look at this now!!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the legends everyone pulled! This event has been great for saving and whatnot. I spent more gems than I should have but hey it's a game and I got some good units

Kizuna almost over and that's fine. Went a bit long but super casual so I didn't mind at all. Lots of tablets I need to sort through and decide on who to use them on

Tm is next week so this week should be relatively calm. New raid and new FN. I think that's it?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I actually forgot there was even a lottery. Anyway I won 10 gems on the last one, so I got the consolation here and will forevermore.

Also running V2 Sanji teams on the INT Kizuna stage is making me already pine for his eventual 6+ that will hopefully remove the stupid health requirement for his special. :/

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I actually got 10 gems ! Decided to do 2 more multis with it and got V2 Zoro, that's pretty cool.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wow thanks for all of this insight!!! I'm taking a hard look at this now!!

Just a little heads up, the raid Magellan/Hannyabal arriving tonight would be a pretty good colour affinity booster for your QCK Lawffy team, 2x CA boost. They are fairly easy to farm aswell, I highly recommend you try max them out, since 3x skill up is here. They are great for INT teams too.

Tm is next week so this week should be relatively calm. New raid and new FN. I think that's it?

There will be 4 sets of Garp Challenges arriving tomorrow actually but we can do them whenever. That should keep us busy enough until TM Shanks/Beckmann!

I actually forgot there was even a lottery. Anyway I won 10 gems on the last one, so I got the consolation here and will forevermore.

Also running V2 Sanji teams on the INT Kizuna stage is making me already pine for his eventual 6+ that will hopefully remove the stupid health requirement for his special. :/

Don't forget our dear friend V1 LRR Urouge :p (as if someone would waste a spot for that...). Totally agree that V2 Sanji needs to get rid of that 50% HP requirement when his 6+ hits. His numbers are impressive but he really is easily countered.

That being said, you're pretty brave running the V2 Sanji teams on INT Kizuna, so much pressure on the perfects ^^;

I actually got 10 gems ! Decided to do 2 more multis with it and got V2 Zoro, that's pretty cool.

Grats! Turned out to be a good decision for you (and Bandai)

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
That being said, you're pretty brave running the V2 Sanji teams on INT Kizuna, so much pressure on the perfects ^^;

I'm using Iva/Bon Clay to remedy the blind, though I'm sure I'm limiting my overall damage because of that. Still, my current Sanji team is doing better than my V2 Aokiji was, so I'll probably be good through the rest of the Kizuna.

(What bugs me is that LRR Urouge 2 has blind resist, as if he's supposed to counter the stage by himself as LRRs generally do, it just doesn't reduce it by enough turns)

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I'm using Iva/Bon Clay to remedy the blind, though I'm sure I'm limiting my overall damage because of that. Still, my current Sanji team is doing better than my V2 Aokiji was, so I'll probably be good through the rest of the Kizuna.

(What bugs me is that LRR Urouge 2 has blind resist, as if he's supposed to counter the stage by himself as LRRs generally do, it just doesn't reduce it by enough turns)

Yeah INT Kizuna was definitely designed for V2 LRR Urouge + V2 Sanji but the 2 extra turns of blindness ruin it. Every month, there's one Kizuna boss designed for the newest LRR.

I'm guessing you don't have Magellan nor Brook? Because they can clear the INT variation effortlessly too, takes a few more turns but nothing too long. Don't have to worry about blind/perfect (until lvl 90+).

As a reminder, we have Magellan/Hannyabal tonight

Smoothie/Oven showcase finally!!! I remember you were super excited about this raid when it came out on JP, for your V2 Akainu team.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Smoothie/Oven showcase finally!!! I remember you were super excited about this raid when it came out on JP, for your V2 Akainu team.
Int still has one of the best kits around and it keeps getting better. 2.25 attack and orb unconditional, 0.9 chain boost, full board guaranteed matching orbs including block, f2p 2x affinity and 1.75 to defense down

The second they release a better captain than V2 Akainu you're going to see some serious shit

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished all missions.. what would be the best thing to fokus on now? :/ Coloseum? Doffy&Trebol? Mishanks? Also, waiting with skill ups until I can limit break and get everything together or not? Skillup x3 looks too good to ignore though.. TM won't come back before skillup ends, right?

Stacking evolvers was added fairly recently, before that they didn't stack. Any ones from before the update won't stack because they did it in a janky way where they were changed from units to items basically.

You can probably just safely sell any evolver that isn't stacking honestly
Yes, in order to unlock the LB abilities you need to have their skill tree completely unlocked. It sucks, but what can ya do? :(

The reason some fodder stack and some don't is because when they added the stackcing feature it wasn't retroactive, so anything you got prior was in single stacks and anything after in multiple stacks. I feel your pain about inventory space, I'm constantly fighting myself over what to do about it.

Thanks.. Evolved a lot now to use up as much as possible and trashed the rest.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Int still has one of the best kits around and it keeps getting better. 2.25 attack and orb unconditional, 0.9 chain boost, full board guaranteed matching orbs including block, f2p 2x affinity and 1.75 to defense down

The second they release a better captain than V2 Akainu you're going to see some serious shit

Yeah they might not have the best captains anymore but I do believe INT is still the strongest colour as a whole package. I think that's why Bandai have been pretty careful not to release a strong pure INT lead, they must be pretty happy with the current balance. INT will be able to use Shirahoshi/Mansherry as an incredible utility too. Or the new 6+ V1 Kata for some broken tap-timing damage.

PSY with Stampede Luffy and STR with Bullet, who is arguably the current strongest legend in the game, might see more play atm but it's harder to build a mono colour team for them.

Finished all missions.. what would be the best thing to fokus on now? :/ Coloseum? Doffy&Trebol? Mishanks? Also, waiting with skill ups until I can limit break and get everything together or not? Skillup x3 looks too good to ignore though.. TM won't come back before skillup ends, right?

Ryu TM should start on the 14th and 3x skillup ends on the 11th. But we'll get 2x skillup during TM, from the 14th to the 19th. Up to you whether you'd rather wait to feed all your copies at once during TM or not. Personally, I'd rather take advantage of 3x skill up now and farm 8 extra copies that I can feed later after I've limit broken them. That could require extra farming but that's much safer.

Right now, Doffy&Trebol will be more useful to your teams in general than Mihawk/Shanks who are not that easy to use because of the below 50% health part. Doffy&Trebol are often used to get that 3.25x chain lock on the final stage without using up a special. Works well for Cerebral and rainbow teams like Lawffy. If you pulled the new units, you should run the new Dress Up FN too, it drops the skillbooks for the latest batch. And finally tonight Raid Magellan/Hannyabal is a great unit to try max out.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah INT Kizuna was definitely designed for V2 LRR Urouge + V2 Sanji but the 2 extra turns of blindness ruin it. Every month, there's one Kizuna boss designed for the newest LRR.

I'm guessing you don't have Magellan nor Brook? Because they can clear the INT variation effortlessly too, takes a few more turns but nothing too long. Don't have to worry about blind/perfect (until lvl 90+).

Oh, I have both Brook and Magellan (rainbowed, even), I've just been resisting switching to those teams as long as I can out of laziness. I've been casual enough with Kizuna that I probably won't hit those thresholds (maybe in the next day or two when I focus before the end of the event).

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Got 10 gems
Yeah they might not have the best captains anymore but I do believe INT is still the strongest colour as a whole package. I think that's why Bandai have been pretty careful not to release a strong pure INT lead, they must be pretty happy with the current balance. INT will be able to use Shirahoshi/Mansherry as an incredible utility too. Or the new 6+ V1 Kata for some broken tap-timing damage.

PSY with Stampede Luffy and STR with Bullet, who is arguably the current strongest legend in the game, might see more play atm but it's harder to build a mono colour team for them.
Made this team with Bullet lol but the mono STR I made had less damage than this:
bullet.png

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ryu TM should start on the 14th and 3x skillup ends on the 11th. But we'll get 2x skillup during TM, from the 14th to the 19th. Up to you whether you'd rather wait to feed all your copies at once during TM or not. Personally, I'd rather take advantage of 3x skill up now and farm 8 extra copies that I can feed later after I've limit broken them. That could require extra farming but that's much safer.

Right now, Doffy&Trebol will be more useful to your teams in general than Mihawk/Shanks who are not that easy to use because of the below 50% health part. Doffy&Trebol are often used to get that 3.25x chain lock on the final stage without using up a special. Works well for Cerebral and rainbow teams like Lawffy. If you pulled the new units, you should run the new Dress Up FN too, it drops the skillbooks for the latest batch. And finally tonight Raid Magellan/Hannyabal is a great unit to try max out.

Thanks for your fast reply! Will do a lot more doffy&trebby now and probably use half of my copies on the last skillup day to take advantage of 3x and then keep half of my stack for LB + 2x skillup

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I thought the Kizuna mode was up until the end of this month...was surprised to see that I have only like a day lol.

Haven't really played it much but I'm gonna try to get at least all the SanjixZoro LB materials.

Edit.

Is box the final box ? Because it doesn't seem like you can get enough LB materials max the unit....or am I missing something ?

Last edited: