• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
On the JP side, stomped "Demon Lord" Luffy with this Koala/Sabo team. Was pretty straightforward with Zunesha, just annoyingly long because you have to stall out the 15 turns silence you get hit with at the start. Every team is so slow unless you run YamshAce of course.

Look at this bad boy though, one of the best Luffy artworks :
pwepjAz.png

• Captain: Fighter Characters ATK 2.75x, Fighter Characters will treat TND as beneficial
  • Special: Bind himself for 7 turns, cut HP of 1 enemy by 25%, reduce 4 turns of Despair, change all orbs including BLOCK to TND, when orbs boost is active for 3 turns lock chain to 2.75x, otherwise for 1 turn lock chain to 3x
  • Sailor 1: When the captain is a Fighter Character, Fighter Characters will treat TND orbs as beneficial
  • Sailor 2: When the captain is a Fighter Character, 1.1x HP for Fighter Characters

That special is pretty incredible, full board matching orbs for fighters, health cut and a 3x chain lock. Probably top 5 F2P units in the game currently.

Oh, I have both Brook and Magellan (rainbowed, even), I've just been resisting switching to those teams as long as I can out of laziness. I've been casual enough with Kizuna that I probably won't hit those thresholds (maybe in the next day or two when I focus before the end of the event).

Fair enough :)
Also a critical unit you need is RR QCK Inazuma with max special and preferably max CD reduction LB. Might not be worth the resources investment if you're going to use them just for a couple runs.

Got 10 gems

Made this team with Bullet lol but the mono STR I made had less damage than this:
bullet.png

Yeah Bullet is such a monster, his special lacks everything but he's the ultimate beatstick, especially for Kizuna. That 4.75x self atk boost and rainbow damage is just insane. STR sure lacking options, they had to wait so long for a 2x CA booster. Not that it stops Bullet since he has access to such a wide array of subs.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought the Kizuna mode was up until the end of this month...was surprised to see that I have only like a day lol.

Haven't really played it much but I'm gonna try to get at least all the SanjixZoro LB materials.

Edit.

Is box the final box ? Because it doesn't seem like you can get enough LB materials max the unit....or am I missing something ?
Yeah you won't finish off v2 Zanji until like 6 months time with another 5-6 more Kisuna lol, each Kisuna only lb 5 nodes

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I have a lawffy team which if every member activates their specials the total damage to a qck unit can be over 110 million damage

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Since Raid Magellan/Hannyabal is dropping tonight, here are some useful links :

Zeenigami's stage breakdown video + his F2P team

Imperio's 22 different teams video part 1 + part 2

Fanatic's fancy Sanji/Judge team

As you can see, there's ONE unit that is on every single team, it's TM Smoothie/Oven. This raid has an absurd amount of resilience and you'll spend most rounds switching Smoothie/Oven back and forth.
The 2nd most important unit is someone who can get rid of 1 turn blue shield or rainbow shield or threshold. That's why V2 Raid Blackbeard is so commonly used, great F2P option. You can of course replace him with RR Bobbin, V2 Reiju, Mr 1 etc.
Also TM Weevil works very well as a universal atk booster since Magellan/Hannyabal have immunity.

I'll probably just use a Snakeman with Zunesha team to make it quick and simple.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the new toys I pulled, I think Snakeman's the easiest way to handle this raid. I quite like this team:

Lawffy looks pretty terrible for handling this raid as a 1 turn orb booster. He can clear it, but seems way harder than it needs to be with him. Ditto for V2 Big Mom.

Another team that looks quite good is this Snakeman + V2 Katakuri team:

EDIT: You know what, I found the laziest video I've seen yet for clearing this raid and I'm absolutely inspired
EDIT2: Tried all three, the Kata-Snakeman team seems like the safest and easiest. The TM Enel team only works with orb luck or Hannaybal will kill you on the revive, unfortunately

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Hoo boy, y'all weren't kidding about Smoven being vital here. 99 turn resilience is hilarious.

Using a V2 Aokiji team right now (Bobbin continues his reign as one of the best utility characters) but I actually can make that rich Sanji/Judge team so I might do some runs with that too.

As a side note Hannyabal's speech in Impel Down is low-key one of the coolest moments in the manga so it's nice to see it get a raid.

Oct 25, 2017
I beat level 148 and I might be able to beat 149 if I can hit my perfects blind on Magellan. I did learn something interesting though. If you use Brook for his damage reduction or HP cut and Zoro blows away your crew members, if you die, they'll come back when you revive.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
God I hate this raid because I have died for times in a row by FORGETTING TO SWAP SMOOTHIE OVEN AUUUUGHDHDKFKFKNF

Don't try to do this raid dead tired

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks for the assist Ekko <3 Funny enough, I tried to assist your lvl 95 INT SoS last night but failed because I missed 1 perfect lol

Also what? The latest download added tweaked the "non trap" Lawffy sugo, they just added V2 Shanks and V2 Aokiji to part 1 pool and V2 Akainu and Lace to part 2. I mean those are pretty good legends still but for some players that's not good news. By tomorrow we might have Sengoku and V1 Boa in there.

Is there any reliable way to do this raid without smoothie&oven? hmm...

There always is the old trusted 6+ Enel & Shirahoshi route but it's significanly slower, you have to charge up Enel's special with overheal. Also it's pretty legend heavy, you need Warco or Barto/Cav to stall forever and heal up. And then you need a health cutter like Jack, Warco, Garp.

Do you have enough blue ticket to buy ONE copy of Smoothie/Oven from the TM shop? You could do that quickly, just need them for their switch effect really.

Despite the new toys I pulled, I think Snakeman's the easiest way to handle this raid. I quite like this team:

Lawffy looks pretty terrible for handling this raid as a 1 turn orb booster. He can clear it, but seems way harder than it needs to be with him. Ditto for V2 Big Mom.

EDIT: You know what, I found the laziest video I've seen yet for clearing this raid and I'm absolutely inspired
EDIT2: Tried all three, the Kata-Snakeman team seems like the safest and easiest. The TM Enel team only works with orb luck or Hannaybal will kill you on the revive, unfortunately

That TM Enel looked suspiciously too good lol, you got me all excited! I'm just using the Zeenigami Snakeman team with TM Shanks to make short work of stage 4.

And yeah funny enough this raid marks the end of Lawffy's reign of terror. He's probably the worst lead for this. He can clear it but need a carry or some health cutter because the burst is so tight without an orb boost.
Shows how easily he can be countered as "just an orb booster" and oh boy will Bandai make his life miserable in the next two months.

Orb boost interrupt CHECK
99 Turns of Badly Matching Orbs Debuff everywhere CHECK
99 turns Silence for DEX/QCK captains CHECK

Hoo boy, y'all weren't kidding about Smoven being vital here. 99 turn resilience is hilarious.

Using a V2 Aokiji team right now (Bobbin continues his reign as one of the best utility characters) but I actually can make that rich Sanji/Judge team so I might do some runs with that too.

I'd recommend sticking to the V2 Aokiji team, it's the fastest and safest team I think. I used it on JP and would do it again on Global if I had him. The Sanji/Judge team is good but requires a bit more brain power since you have to switch Smoothie/Oven but also Sanji/Judge and it can go wrong on stage 4 if you don't pay attention.

The Lawffy/Snakeman team on nakama network seems to be working well for me.

Snakeman carrying Lawffy's ass yet again *chuckles*

I can't wait for Kizuna round 2, Coliseum Morley, TM Lucci when Lawffy get bodied and has to be carried hard by Koala/Sabo or spend 50 turns stalling with V2 Kata and Barto/Cav while trying to hit 6 great through 20 turns burn <----- is very bitter not pulling Lawffy

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
AokijiV2 team working wonders as expected. Can't post much else since I'm running around today

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Also what? The latest download added tweaked the "non trap" Lawffy sugo, they just added V2 Shanks and V2 Aokiji to part 1 pool and V2 Akainu and Lace to part 2. I mean those are pretty good legends still but for some players that's not good news. By tomorrow we might have Sengoku and V1 Boa in there.
I saw some people saying they were always there but the person that posted the pictures cut them off and didn't show everything

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks for the assist Ekko <3 Funny enough, I tried to assist your lvl 95 INT SoS last night but failed because I missed 1 perfect lol

No prob :P I've been trying to help all of my friends on high kizuna levels so they can keep farming on the last day. Yeah I screwed up that run since I was half paying attention and forgot to activate Inazuma's special, oops. Luckily someone ended up helping me. Thanks for trying!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Got lucky and maxed out Magellan/Hannyabal with the 10 runs needed for CM. Dumped the rest of the stamina in the new FN since it's the last day for 3x exp ship.

On JP side, thought I'd afk farm the new Colo Oars in Underground with a friend Kaido but that didn't last long. Looks like he gets countered badly, final stage clears all buff immediately and since Kaido health cut is a self buff... Plus Oars put up an INT orb barrier. Switched to a Koala/Sabo team who makes short work of him at least.

I saw some people saying they were always there but the person that posted the pictures cut them off and didn't show everything

Ahhh that makes a lot of sense. Would have been totally weird for Bandai to stealth nerf their upcoming sugo like that. Still a pretty unfortunate oversight by the person who posted the pictures, Bandai spy couldn't have done it better!

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I wanted to try this team for Raid Magellan/Hannibal :

2x Sanji/Judge
Snakeman/V2 Yonji
Smoven/6+ Jimbe

But the defense buff they have in stage 5 is random and if i have the threshold one i'm screwed. I was thinking about using Praline but she's DEX and i can't use V2 Yonji in that case...

I guess i'll use an 6+ Enel team for that one.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
This raid has me constantly turning off my brain and failing to swap Smoothie/Oven at the right time so I've died more than I've won. Oh well, 5 days and I have excess stamina so it doesn't matter all that much

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess 155 is the limit. Ain's special can't tank an attack from Sanji and Zoro even at full health. Of all the ways to finally fail, I was not expecting this.

Edit: Nevermind. We're still in business, just had to switch to Hody.

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I wanted to try this team for Raid Magellan/Hannibal :

2x Sanji/Judge
Snakeman/V2 Yonji
Smoven/6+ Jimbe

But the defense buff they have in stage 5 is random and if i have the threshold one i'm screwed. I was thinking about using Praline but she's DEX and i can't use V2 Yonji in that case...

I guess i'll use an 6+ Enel team for that one.

Do you have V2 Raid Blackbeard? He would replace Jinbe nicely since he removes all 3 possible shields. Of course V2 Reiju is the best choice but I'm guessing you don't have her. Technically you could still run Praline and just make sure you never swap to Judge when you need to burst in the earlier stages.

This raid has me constantly turning off my brain and failing to swap Smoothie/Oven at the right time so I've died more than I've won. Oh well, 5 days and I have excess stamina so it doesn't matter all that much

What worked for me is just forcing myself to swap Smoothie/Oven first every single turn. At least from tomorrow on runs will be faster with max special ship up.

Well, I guess 155 is the limit. Ain's special can't tank an attack from Sanji and Zoro even at full health. Of all the ways to finally fail, I was not expecting this.

Woah you went much higher than I expected. How did you deal with the INT version? That's the one with less margin. You had RCV support on Magellan and had to hit perfect through blind every round?

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have V2 Raid Blackbeard? He would replace Jinbe nicely since he removes all 3 possible shields. Of course V2 Reiju is the best choice but I'm guessing you don't have her. Technically you could still run Praline and just make sure you never swap to Judge when you need to burst in the earlier stages.

What worked for me is just forcing myself to swap Smoothie/Oven first every single turn. At least from tomorrow on runs will be faster with max special ship up.

Woah you went much higher than I expected. How did you deal with the INT version? That's the one with less margin. You had RCV support on Magellan and had to hit perfect through blind every round?

I've thankfully escaped, just one more run left to go and then I'm free. Since I'm running a Snakeman + Katakuri team I'd actually get 0 benefit out of the max special ship lol. I don't think I'll have much to run it on other than to wrap up Colo Siclian's special ups.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Max skilled Magellan & Hannibal already - really happy ....hated the raid first after a failure but found a very safe Snakeman x Lawfy team afterwards.

More importantly.....I've had has Legend Garp for a while in my box and kinda always ignored him because his CA seemed lackluster and I remember the butt around his initial release being very negative.

Turns out dude is a kick-ass sub...his special is really strong and meant for the current raid that I barely had to hit good or greats on the final attack to kill the boss.

With max skill ship things would have been even faster but it feels good to be done with it.

Maybe I'll try to finish the story Islands now or farm some Colo units where I need to unlock support skills.

Oct 25, 2017

Oddly enough, Snakeman probably has the best current support for Magellan thanks to his "all stats" boost and the fact that we really don't have any good recovery boosting supports on global yet. With max pinch healing you got back around 1100 HP. But yeah, there was no real secret other than making sure to farm meat orbs and hit your perfects with Magellan. Stalling a turn on stage 2 also helped make sure raid Barto got the 50% recovery when the turn to use his special came up. Finished at 158 but if I had more potions, I maybe could have figured out tricks to go further.

I made out pretty damn well as far as rainbowing legends go. I don't think I'm going to bother pulling for the guaranteed point boosters this treasure map just because there's little in the way of rewards that'll be worth it for me. My newly rainbowed legends include:

Luffy/Law
V2 BM
Neko/Inu
V1 Katakuri
V1 Zoro
Magellan
Nami
Brook
6* Boa
6+ Boa
Enel
V1 Aokiji
V2 WB
Shiki
Tesoro
Carrot
Cracker
V1 G4 Luffy
V2 Sanji
V2 Boa
V2 Aokiji
6+ Doffy
V2 Zoro

Seems like all the best legends require some combination of slot bind, recovery bind, and crit attack nowadays. My 130 dex damage reduction tablets are going to rot away in my box.

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017

It worked with V2 Raid Blackbeard, he wasn't skill upped but we have the Max special Ship for now so it's fine. Thanks for the advice !

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Oddly enough, Snakeman probably has the best current support for Magellan thanks to his "all stats" boost and the fact that we really don't have any good recovery boosting supports on global yet. With max pinch healing you got back around 1100 HP. But yeah, there was no real secret other than making sure to farm meat orbs and hit your perfects with Magellan. Stalling a turn on stage 2 also helped make sure raid Barto got the 50% recovery when the turn to use his special came up. Finished at 158 but if I had more potions, I maybe could have figured out tricks to go further.

I made out pretty damn well as far as rainbowing legends go. I don't think I'm going to bother pulling for the guaranteed point boosters this treasure map just because there's little in the way of rewards that'll be worth it for me. My newly rainbowed legends include:

Luffy/Law
V2 BM
Neko/Inu
V1 Katakuri
V1 Zoro
Magellan
Nami
Brook
6* Boa
6+ Boa
Enel
V1 Aokiji
V2 WB
Shiki
Tesoro
Carrot
Cracker
V1 G4 Luffy
V2 Sanji
V2 Boa
V2 Aokiji
6+ Doffy
V2 Zoro

Seems like all the best legends require some combination of slot bind, recovery bind, and crit attack nowadays. My 130 dex damage reduction tablets are going to rot away in my box.

Damn you made out with quite a haul, lol. I'm pretty much done rainbowing all of my most useful legends in my box and still have around 50+ of each tablet (well except for slot bind and QCK resistance because I went like 0/20 or something ridiculous once.) I guess I can start moving towards rainbowing some of the more niche legends. My dream is to one day rainbow Sengoku.... as soon as I rainbow every other legend in my box.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TM Shanks/Beckmann sugo has been datamined. You guys know what that means... they are coming next.

Revolutionary.Army.%28One.Piece%29.600.2319068.jpg

Great job going all in on this Kizuna round! I used Snakeman support on Magellan too yeah, got 1776HP back per pinch healing I think. Finished at 122, I saved 3 Kizuna potions for the future, in case Global reverts back to JP greediness and only hands out 3-5 potions per Kizuna. Plenty happy with my haul too. I rainbowed all the legends I currently use a lot or legends who will see a lot of play in the future :

- Inu/Neko : MVP next month, partner in crime of Koala/Sabo
- Nami : her 6+ arriving soon, best budget DEX captain for every Kizuna
- V2 Whitebeard : Busted, BFF with Kaido, will shine around anniversary
- Capone : always a niche for him

Saving all my slot bind, RCV bind and pinch healing tablets for the upcoming legends since they all need them.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank god, maxed Magellan/Hannyabal in eight runs. I'll do two more for the gem but fuck this raid for real.

My newly rainbowed legends include:

-snip-
Oh wow you got a bunch, good job! Let's see mine are:

Dual: Lace, BartoCav, SanjiJudge, LuffyLaw, V2 Big Mom, Catdog
Str: Snakeman, Big Mom, Lucy, Jack
Dex: Corazon, Magellan
Qck: Enel, Carrot
Psy: Nekomamushi, V2 Katakuri
Int: 6+ Judge, V2 Shanks

I've got a bunch of tablets left over, except heal bind resist. It seems like every single recent legend has heal bind resist

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I need to work on rainbowing some units myself. Only have a few (Neko, Snakeman come to mind) but now I've got a few more to play with.

Thank god I waited to do Chaos Trebol/Doffy with this special max ship. Just bing bang boom, done for gems. Done with the new raid as well, skillups should always be this easy!

I didn't go too far in Kizuna as I could, got a bit lazy as the days went on and stopped doing assists alltogether. But it's a super fun mode, can't wait for the next one and to not be able to do them due to needing new units. I probably won't be pulling again until Xmas, gotta rebuild that sweet sweet f2p stash

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Some JP Kizuna news :

Now that Kizuna has been released on Global, thought some of you would be interested in knowing what's currently happening with the mode on JP. This month edition was highly anticipated because it was the first post Zoro/Sanji Kizuna. Would Bandai release a new broken unit that would take 6 months to max out? Or would they change the formula? Might be the latter, Bandai came up with two big changes :

1. The Unit
It also could be just a one off but this month new Kizuna unit, Shinigami Sabo, only takes 5 LB orbs to max out. Which means players can rainbow him within this round. Pretty much like a TM unit. It's clear the decision to make Zoro/Sanji a 6 months long farming session was quite controversial.

Players started losing some interest along the way, Bandai had to keep adding "side" Kizuna units, mostly support ones but also a couple "normal" units to keep things fresh presumably. On the other hand, Zoro/Sanji is almost legend tier in terms of numbers, boasting the highest ATK boost ever, 2.75x, for TWO classes. And at worst at 2 turns 2x ATK boost. In comparison, the new V2 Ace is "just" a 2.5x ATK boost for Fighters.

The new Kizuna Sabo, while being arguably better than a TM unit, is nowhere near as broken as Zoro/Sanji :
  • Captain: Striker and Fighter Characters ATK 3x, HP 1.2x, Striker and Fighter Characters will treat INT orbs as beneficial
  • Special: Lock orbs for 1 turn, when there are 6 TND orbs present boost orbs of Striker, Fighter and Shooter Characters by 2.25x for 1 turn, otherwise by 1.75x for 3 turns
  • Sailor 1: +50 HP/ATK/RCV to Striker and Fighter Characters
  • Sailor 2: When the captain is a Striker or Fighter, crew will treat STR orbs as beneficial
  • Support (Lv.5): 9% ATK and HP to Support Character (Luffy, Ace)

Obviously, if you run the 3 Halloween brothers, Sabo is absolutely busted. But his special is so highly conditionnal, you'd most probably get an orb locker + 1.75x orb boost for 3 classes in any other team.

Personally, I don't mind, I kinda like the idea of the incredible synergy between the themed units, two of them being F2P. But I didn't mind waiting 6 months for an incredible OP unit either.

2. The monetization

This is a change some players feared/expected. Japan just got their first Kizuna Sugofest, with the new Kizuna Chopper whose main use is to boost tickets earned by 1.5x.

Kizuna has always been linked to the latest sugo batch since its first iteration. You could say it was more bang for your bucks if you pulled the latest legend. But it also didn't bring in that much money for Bandai. So they started tying Kizuna to the most recent LRR unit. But most of the time you could ignore the LRR banner.

Now the million berries question is : how is the tickets economy impacted by the introduction of Kizuna Chopper? Well, they also changed box 7, which has doubled in size, up to 1000 items now. They also doubled the amount of tablets (from 3 to 6) but overall players will pull more fluff. Good to note that they added both Sabo LB orbs (for people who skipped the previous rounds too early by mistake) and Zoro/Sanji LB orbs (for people who missed out the previous months) in box 7. This Kizuna round also only lasts 6.5 days.

I've been playing for 2 days now and from a F2P point of view, only interested in maxing out Halloween Sabo, I think it's... fine actually. I'm on lvl 24, up to box 6 already, just need that last LB orb and I've been pretty unlucky with RNG on the previous boxes. There's been no nerf to ticket gain rate, I think only people who want to farm box 7 multiples times will feel the need to invest in Kizuna Chopper. I definitely won't empty box 7 but this is par for the course if you don't have the latest legends.

In terms of difficulty, this round has been pretty kind. Using Snakeman as a lead for all 3 teams lol. I've been leeching the life out of V2 Ace, Stampede Luffy and Bullet/Carrot. My teams couldn't be anymore bootleg but still doing 40m-50m damage easily.

PSY stage : <--- made for the new INT Ace, V1 Kata 6+ and Koala/Sabo can handle it too. Very easy, you just need V1 Rayleigh + V2 Akainu to deal with block orbs and despair on stage 2. And then a Fighter like STR Marco to remove 3 turns of ATK down on stage 3

INT stage : <--- made for Stampede Luffy, the only annoying part is the 25 turns barrier on stage 2 but Stampede Luffy has a high combo count. RR Hatchan + Raid Stampede Sabo on stage 3 to further boost Luffy and then Invasion Garp or V2 Kata on revive.

STR stage : <--- made for double Bullet or Vivi/Rebecca or double Carrot. The trickiest one, Sabo puts up a 99 turns QCK damage shield, Vivi/Rebecca can remove it entirely and Carrot can go through. Bullet is optimal though since he's technically STR but his damage will be rainbow.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Raid Akainu max skilled - took me only 2 1/2 years,max skill up ship and 3x skill up event xD

BlindCom
Thanks fro the Kizuna write up, personally i prefer the new approach with a somewhat solid unit that can be maxed/finished in a single Kizuna instance compared to a 6 month Odyssey for one OP unit.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It'd be kind of cool if they just varied it: one month Kizuna character here, three months next, and so on. Wouldn't want anything higher than six though (and even it's a bit excessive).

JPN's next TM is a Halloween Nami, which I thought was a bit odd but then I remembered Shanks already has two TM characters so I guess. Getting a new Miss Doublefinger as one of the boosters is cool though, haven't seen her in a while.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
BlindCom Thanks for that writeup. It makes sense they'd reduce the timeline from 6 months, though I expected 2 or 3. And a unit to boost tickets... eh... I guess that's fine, just another filler sugo that most won't really pull on except for whales.

Lowblood I can't believe it's another Nami. I get it, she's a main person, but like... Robin exists too, without a TM units. If they wanted waifu stuff. Or Perona. Just why the same characters again? Doesnt make sense to me

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
While I appreciate the sentiment, adding all the garp challenges at once is kind of a hassle. So many nothing levels to autotap through before getting to the real juice.
Did anyone pull on this banner? A LRR sugofest is pretty tempting...
There's LRRs on the current banner?

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks for reading guys, was longer than I expected at first so, much appreciated :)

I agree with the general sentiment about reducing the timeframe it takes to max out a Kizuna character. Makes it more rewarding and also less punishing for players who might miss out on a month or two.

Also surprised and disappointed that Nami is getting her 2nd TM version already. Forgot Shanks had 2 since his 2nd one is a dual unit. Kinda baffling decision really, they had much better candidates. Of course TM Moria makes way too much sense to happen. But even if they wanted to add some fan service, surely Robin deserves a TM version. Nami must be THAT much popular...

We had Halloween Boa and Christmas Nami, now we have Halloween Nami, does it mean we're getting Christmas Boa next month?

At least this Nami won't overlap with V1 TM Nami since she's purely a shooter unit. And there are no other good Nami Shooter unit.

Artwork and stats :

JITjeLU.png

• Captain: Shooter Characters ATK 2.25x, Shooter Character color affinity for normal attacks 1.5x, heal 1.5x Character RCV at the end of the turn
  • Special: 200000 fixed damage to all enemies, when the captain is a Shooter Character for 1 turn boost color affinity of crew by 1.75x for normal attacks, when hitting 3 PERFECT this turn boost color affinity of crew by 2x for normal attacks the following turn
  • Sailor 1: +30 HP/ATK/RCV to Shooter Characters
  • Sailor 2: Reduce 10 turns of Blindness
  • Support (Lv.5): 7% HP/ATK/RCV to Support Character (INT Characters)

Not a bad CA and a pretty solid special, especially on JP who doesn't have 6+ V2 Lucci yet (!!!!!). First 2x CA booster for Shooter class, the waveclear is ok, doesn't get through barriers though. The most interesting part of her boost is that it's a "next turn" one, ala Snakeman, which is pretty amazing nowadays with so many interrupts and also limit on the number of specials you can use on the boss stage.

Otherwise, 6+ V2 Lucci is superior imo. That being said she works well with the brand new INT Ace legend, clearly meant to boost his Shooter side since Sabo and Luffy are primarily Fighters. Maybe we can expect a new Shooter legend/batch soon too.

It'd be kind of cool if they just varied it: one month Kizuna character here, three months next, and so on. Wouldn't want anything higher than six though (and even it's a bit excessive).

Yeah I can see that happening actually. Events themed Kizuna unit taking 1 month then a slightly stronger "normal" unit taking 3-4 months.

BlindCom Thanks for that writeup. It makes sense they'd reduce the timeline from 6 months, though I expected 2 or 3. And a unit to boost tickets... eh... I guess that's fine, just another filler sugo that most won't really pull on except for whales.

Yeah so far I'm happy to report that this Kizuna isn't less F2P even though they added a Kizuna LRR unit. I don't mind them doing that at all unless you suddenly can't farm up to box 6 anymore without pulling for the booster.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
While I appreciate the sentiment, adding all the garp challenges at once is kind of a hassle. So many nothing levels to autotap through before getting to the real juice.
There's LRRs on the current banner?
I must've missed a Reddit post, there's no LRR on this sugo. Kinda disappointing >.>

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I must've missed a Reddit post, there's no LRR on this sugo. Kinda disappointing >.>

You made me double check ingame too!
Also can't believe you already have the itch to pull so soon after the 55M DL sugo! Can only say that you'll have the chance to pull on a much much more important sugo in less than 2 weeks. Save your gems, you won't regret it :p

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Might have got wires crossed because the big thing is the limited pool(of legends)

Speaking of though the tickets return to the Rayshop on Monday. Can I not be a huge idiot and resist wasting points on the legend ticket this time? Tune in and find out!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Might have got wires crossed because the big thing is the limited pool(of legends)

Speaking of though the tickets return to the Rayshop on Monday. Can I not be a huge idiot and resist wasting points on the legend ticket this time? Tune in and find out!

Oh already? Do we know if that ticket will be limited to the legends released within the last year? I might bite, otherwise I'm saving my RP, I didn't bother with the previous Rayshop tickets.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Running old raids really lets you appreciate(??) the power creep.

Akainu used to infuriate me, I remember dying so many times and just hating and dreading this raid. Now Lawfy and who the fuck ever else can just effortlessly flick him

Oct 27, 2017
Running old raids to skill up units that aren't even all that useful anymore kinda gives me the same feeling as running old dungeons in WoW for transmog gear. Its braindead easy, serves little practical purpose, pretty much only cosmetic, but I still feel compelled to do it.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
It's gonna be weird when we get all that Halloween content in the middle of the summer.

Don't forget the upcoming Bikini Blitz in January. Nothing beats a piña colada when it snows outside.

Expanding on your comment though, what does everyone think about this first "proper" seasonal sugo batch? I know Robin's batch was Valentines themed but her legend artworks were from Dressrossa. If I'm not wrong, V2/INT Ace is the first real seasonal legend and he's pretty OP at that.

Even though we've had Valentine, Summer, Christmas and New Year themed units before, they usually were garbage limited RRs.
Other gacha games seem to churn out OP seasonal units every few months but OPTC have strangely been pretty conservative in that regard. But now that might change and it obviously opens up a big can of worms, we could expect a Santa Blackbeard legend, Valentine Akainu, Easter Carrot etc.

I know a lot of people don't like that because those units are not "canon" and are more "lazy fan service". But the quality of the OPTC Halloween artworks has been top notch imo.

This Reiju might be her best looking version

7pk3qYm.png

And my boy Doffy is looking pretty slick too :
vakBaLQ.png

Though it's a bit weird that Ace is alive and actually trained under Yamcha and is now a Wolf Fang Fist master

lG1sNRt.png

• Captain: Fighter and Shooter Characters ATK 4x, HP 1.5x, Fighter and Shooter Characters will treat INT/PSY orbs as beneficial, reduce 10 turns of Special Seal and Special Rewind on crew
  • Special: Reduce 10 turns of Bind on crew, for 1 turn boost ATK of Fighter and Shooter Characters by 2.5x
  • Sailor 1: +75 HP/ATK/RCV to Fighter and Shooter Characters
  • Sailor 2: He himself will treat PSY/TND/RCV orbs as beneficial
  • Support (Lv.5): Once during the adventure, when the enemy Bind you crew, reduce 3 turns of Bind on the crew (Luffy, Sabo)

He's an incredible legend too, super tanky like DEX Ace with insane built in utility. As a side note, a lot of the recent OP legends (Bullet, Stampede Luffy, Lawffy) were sneakily Fighters even though none of them were focusing on that class yet.

So clearly this Ace isn't going anywhere. Saw some people upset about it, they'd have preferred a proper canon artwork for V2 Ace. I'm ambivalent about this, don't think there are many more iconic manga scenes to pick from for Ace unfortunately. So his V2 version being a seasonal unit makes a lot of sense. But not sure I'd feel the same if V3 Zoro is Easter themed instead of being Wano Zoro.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I didn't saw the Doffy one, it's probably my favorite. I don't have any problems with V2 Ace not being canon, we already have one for Marineford & his fight against Blackbeard.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget the upcoming Bikini Blitz in January. Nothing beats a piña colada when it snows outside.

Expanding on your comment though, what does everyone think about this first "proper" seasonal sugo batch? I know Robin's batch was Valentines themed but her legend artworks were from Dressrossa. If I'm not wrong, V2/INT Ace is the first real seasonal legend and he's pretty OP at that.

Even though we've had Valentine, Summer, Christmas and New Year themed units before, they usually were garbage limited RRs.
Other gacha games seem to churn out OP seasonal units every few months but OPTC have strangely been pretty conservative in that regard. But now that might change and it obviously opens up a big can of worms, we could expect a Santa Blackbeard legend, Valentine Akainu, Easter Carrot etc.

I know a lot of people don't like that because those units are not "canon" and are more "lazy fan service". But the quality of the OPTC Halloween artworks has been top notch imo.

This Reiju might be her best looking version

And my boy Doffy is looking pretty slick too :

Though it's a bit weird that Ace is alive and actually trained under Yamcha and is now a Wolf Fang Fist master

• Captain: Fighter and Shooter Characters ATK 4x, HP 1.5x, Fighter and Shooter Characters will treat INT/PSY orbs as beneficial, reduce 10 turns of Special Seal and Special Rewind on crew
  • Special: Reduce 10 turns of Bind on crew, for 1 turn boost ATK of Fighter and Shooter Characters by 2.5x
  • Sailor 1: +75 HP/ATK/RCV to Fighter and Shooter Characters
  • Sailor 2: He himself will treat PSY/TND/RCV orbs as beneficial
  • Support (Lv.5): Once during the adventure, when the enemy Bind you crew, reduce 3 turns of Bind on the crew (Luffy, Sabo)

He's an incredible legend too, super tanky like DEX Ace with insane built in utility. As a side note, a lot of the recent OP legends (Bullet, Stampede Luffy, Lawffy) were sneakily Fighters even though none of them were focusing on that class yet.

So clearly this Ace isn't going anywhere. Saw some people upset about it, they'd have preferred a proper canon artwork for V2 Ace. I'm ambivalent about this, don't think there are many more iconic manga scenes to pick from for Ace unfortunately. So his V2 version being a seasonal unit makes a lot of sense. But not sure I'd feel the same if V3 Zoro is Easter themed instead of being Wano Zoro.

I'm fine with Ace too. For one, he's a dead end character that would only get repeat scenes at best from now on. Going for Holiday-themed art is the better alternative. Then the other is I gotta respect Bandai's hustle in trying to corner the furry market by appealing to all preferences, lol

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Finally got started on the Garp challenges, thought I'd start nice and easy with the first one but now can't quite remember the team I used to clear stage 15 back then, already failed a few runs with V1 Kata or Robin teams -__-
Also you'd think by now there would be plenty of easy auto attack team with FC Lawffy carry but no luck...
Didn't realise we're getting the "halved" rewards from CM too instead of the original ones, only 5 gems for the final stages instead of 10. Japan got these worser rewards when the Garp Challenges returned but we never got them in the first place. Not cool but oh well that's still a lot of free gems to collect.

I'm fine with Ace too. For one, he's a dead end character that would only get repeat scenes at best from now on. Going for Holiday-themed art is the better alternative. Then the other is I gotta respect Bandai's hustle in trying to corner the furry market by appealing to all preferences, lol

Lol gotta admit I blinked twice when I saw the fangs on Ace.

Oct 27, 2017
Crap, I'm all out of yellow LB shards. I thought I had a lot more.

I don't really mind holiday-themed units nowadays. A lot are actually viable, unlike the old wedding or new year or sakura units. And the artwork for this halloween batch especially is really good. They should make some more units based on the cover pages too.