• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
The thing is I really want Bullet but I really do not know how many "legitamate" gems I currently have.

This shit is just so discouraging.

The 10 million berry just add insult to injury. Perhaps they will give us 3 keys to adventure as the next compensation!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
So nothing happened... yet. As most of us said when it was announced, a case by case investigation was the fairest option but obviously would increase their workload by a million times. Yeah no new timeframe isn't a good sign, they know they can't rush through this now, imagine revoking legitimate pulls that happened during the glitch or punishing people for refilling with "real" gems instead of glitched gems. They'll have to work with a microscope and even then I'm sure some individual cases will go terribly wrong.

So now we are stuck with a sword of Damocles hanging over our head for the next few weeks/months. And Bandai will keep losing more and more money on the future sugofests, possibly up to Anni. Sounds like a win-win to me!

The 10 million berries sum up perfectly the whole thing, Bandai doesn't seem that bothered.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Bold move Bandi delaying the notification, adding 10m beli, and putting out a review island. Let's see how that pays off.

Sad thing is I'm excited for Stampede. Movie was great fun and I like the units. But will I pull? Hell no, I don't know what's being kept and what isnt. Even this blitz battle is a joke, normally I'd spend a few for a red but not now. Jesus what a mess.

I fed some tomes to existing, non-glitched legends today. Not a lot, just some slot bind and a few others for units I use a lot. At this point, I don't expect anything really to come from that. At most I see my glitch-units being pulled (they can see a "pull date" I'm sure) and maybe something with people over X gems (they can probably see when gems were "purchased" or something). Still a mess.

Best thing I saw: 10m beli is one run at the golden cave. So they're not even giving us something we cant get ourselves

Last edited:

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 beetles during extra point window and shot up to rank 100 lol. I guess I'll work on another girl with natural stamina.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I do think it's a little unfair to have expectations of that kind of info on a personal account

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Since the glitch has been fixed, went ahead and opened my part 1 rewards. On top of my 5 red tickets, got 2 extra legends from the 45 RR tickets. Surprisingly got two new legends, V2 Mihawk and V2G4 (finally). Pretty chuffed about V2G4, he has his use as 2x universal ATK booster in some teams, especially since I don't have Franky. The rest were dupe Garp, KFL, V2 Doffy, Barto and V1 Fuji.

Will definitely try to get the same tally on part 2, this is so much more rewarding and easier than ranking top 500 in TM. Unfortunately can't play during most 2x points sessions =(

I really don't think this will go on for months....I hope.

Yeah should be resolved before anniversary really. Though the cynical part of me believes that Bandai might delay/postpone the measures (since they might involve some light punishment/ban) for after Anni, to make sure people will spend and pull. The conundrum for them is that most people either don't need or don't want to buy gems right now for Stampede and Anni.

Such a community manager...

He made a mistake, replied during the NY fiasco. Should have enjoyed his NY party and stayed silent. What better way to handle a shitstorm than ignore it?

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I do think it's a little unfair to have expectations of that kind of info on a personal account
Well we need some sort of more clarity and answers for the actions they taken/lack their of taking forever.

This is something that should have been handled way better already & more communication is a basic thing to ask. Because them not is just going to have people just say fuck it and spend all the cheated gems.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how horrible-handled this whole thing has been. You wouldn't expect this out of a niche/smaller developer, let alone someone like Bandai Namco. If the situation isn't fixed by the time the Bullet Sugo drops (Hint: it won't be) they're going to have an even bigger mess on their hands.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Well we need some sort of more clarity and answers for the actions they taken/lack their of taking forever.

This is something that should have been handled way better already & more communication is a basic thing to ask. Because them not is just going to have people just say fuck it and spend all the cheated gems.
Oh yeah hundo percent they are fucking this up super hard, but the they is that dude's bosses. Harassing(or even just bugging) him on his personal account when it's likely he has zero say in anything crosses a line for me.

But also that dude outing his personal twitter was way stupid

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
Used up most of my glitched gems and did 18 pulls on BB part 2 got all boosters apart from sugar, also got my last legend I was missing V2 mihawk and i rainbowed a few units. I gave bandai till the 7th and said stuff it. If they were serious about fixing the issue they should of put the game in maintenance until fully resolved. I will buy 500 gems for bullet sugo

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Oh yeah hundo percent they are fucking this up super hard, but the they is that dude's bosses. Harassing(or even just bugging) him on his personal account when it's likely he has zero say in anything crosses a line for me.

But also that dude outing his personal twitter was way stupid

I think he did it because he genuinely tried to help the community. The official OPTC channels couldn't react fast enough and it was such a big emergency. But yeah it must have backfired badly for him. The angry mob must have been spamming his personal account for a whole week.

I totally agree that people should stop bugging him, he clearly can't decide anything nor does he know more than what's been said in the official ingame statements.

If Bandai have been so laconic, it's probably because it's not THAT big of a deal even though it seems like the biggest screwup ever for the OPTC community. There's a clear disconnect there. They want us to just grind events and pull on sugos while the players are fearing for their accounts.

Used up most of my glitched gems and did 18 pulls on BB part 2 got all boosters apart from sugar, also got my last legend I was missing V2 mihawk and i rainbowed a few units. I gave bandai till the 7th and said stuff it. If they were serious about fixing the issue they should of put the game in maintenance until fully resolved. I will buy 500 gems for bullet sugo

There's joining the dark side and there's THIS lol. Congrats on pulling all the legends in the game :p
Even though you have all the boosters, is there any point grinding hard this Blitz?

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how slow Bandai's going to be in responding has me wishing I went for broke and got more than 6k gems so I could just keep the game in my pocket as a pulling simulator forever. I'll get bored of pulling before Bandai fixes the game lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, same here.

It's possible (although getting more and more unlikely by the day) that Bandai will revoke the pulls anyway, but it'd still be fun pulling for whatever even if I didn't keep them. Assuming they don't revoke the gems before the Bullet Sugo, I'll still have enough to do the full 12 pulls there, as well as the anniversary one (again, assuming them don't reset the gems before then, as well as delete the glitched mail containing more of them). Beyond that, my gem stash will be dried up, so it'll be legit farming from that point going forward.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Hope you guys have fun pulling Bullet. I'm out of gems so I'll be watching from the sidelines. lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing the rates on the NY Sugo, even if I had triple what I have now I doubt I'd manage to get him, but I'll go the 12 multi-pulls anyway. If Bandai aren't going to take them away I'll just go ahead and use em'.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My illegal gems are ready. (I will not use pulled TM characters though.)

Also, next TM teased:

20200109_020444.png

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
2nd Multi on part 1 gives you Stampede Chopper and 2nd Multi on part 2 gives you a legend. I'll go for the 2nd one i guess.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly not sure how much I'll pull, if at all. I'm just curious as to whether they'll let players retain their gems until the anniversary (it wouldn't surprise me), and I'd kind of rather spend them on Kaido than Bullet. But if they're just going to take them away from me (more likely, I can't see them going into the anniversary with some players at 10k+ gems) I'll at least get some fun out of them by pulling for Bullet...

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how slow Bandai's going to be in responding has me wishing I went for broke and got more than 6k gems so I could just keep the game in my pocket as a pulling simulator forever. I'll get bored of pulling before Bandai fixes the game lol
Seriously. If I could just have access to all characters and just rerun forests and Garp challenges, I'd be happy.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Edit : Yup my gems count has been set to 0, all is good now?

Apparently Bandai has begun recovering the gems?

No mention of units, though. I want to believe we'll be able to keep them, but...

Oh excellent, going much faster than expected, guess after all they need Bullet sugofest to be clean.
Units turn will come because they mentionned it in the original statement but obviously the main priority is flushing the gems before they cost them more money.

I'll guess that removing units is a more delicate process than adjusting the gems balance to 0.

At this point in time, looks like the best/smartest use of the glitched gems was to pull for boosters and spam stamina refills on TM and Blitz. Of course the main gray area is the part about breaking the TOS and what kind of repercussions it could entail.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Edit : Yup my gems count has been set to 0, all is good now?

Oh excellent, going much faster than expected, guess after all they need Bullet sugofest to be clean.
Units turn will come because they mentionned it in the original statement but obviously the main priority is flushing the gems before they cost them more money.

I'll guess that removing units is a more delicate process than adjusting the gems balance to 0.

At this point in time, looks like the best/smartest use of the glitched gems was to pull for boosters and spam stamina refills on TM and Blitz. Of course the main gray area is the part about breaking the TOS and what kind of repercussions it could entail.
Yeah, I'm surprised to see them work in a fix so soon after the last update.

At least this means the Bullet (and Anniversary) won't be affected with glitched gems. I'm sure the characters will come later, since as you said, gems are the priority right now (so as not to make things even more complicated than they already are). I pity the poor employees who have to individually go through each account though, here's hoping they get paid well for their efforts.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, I'm surprised to see them work in a fix so soon after the last update.

At least this means the Bullet (and Anniversary) won't be affected with glitched gems. I'm sure the characters will come later, since as you said, gems are the priority right now (so as not to make things even more complicated than they already are). I pity the poor employees who have to individually go through each account though, here's hoping they get paid well for their efforts.

Yeah the lack of timeframe in yesterday update made us fear the worse. Like they didn't care at all and invited everyone to abuse the glitched gems. Turns out they probably realised the whole process would take longer than expected so they are splitting the task in multiple parts :

1) Getting rid of gems and mails
2) Revoking the units
3) Punishing people who used the glitched gems <------- probably won't happen... surely?????

I'm not happy at all about losing all my legitimate gems I accumulated since the glitch, that's a full week worth of F2P gems gone, during a TM at that. Hefty chunk really. But I made my peace with that, got punished for expanding my box and doing 6 multis on NY.

Couldn't care less if they revoked the one new legend I got, V2 Kata and the one new RR, Mr 1. Hopefully I do keep my rewards from TM and Blitz since I got 3 new legends altogether from that and I didn't use glitched gems to refill.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the lack of timeframe in yesterday update made us fear the worse. Like they didn't care at all and invited everyone to abuse the glitched gems. Turns out they probably realised the whole process would take longer than expected so they are splitting the task in multiple parts :

1) Getting rid of gems and mails
2) Revoking the units
3) Punishing people who used the glitched gems <------- probably won't happen... surely?????

I'm not happy at all about losing all my legitimate gems I accumulated since the glitch, that's a full week worth of F2P gems gone, during a TM at that. Hefty chunk really. But I made my peace with that, got punished for expanding my box and doing 6 multis on NY.

Couldn't care less if they revoked the one new legend I got, V2 Kata and the one new RR, Mr 1. Hopefully I do keep my rewards from TM and Blitz since I got 3 new legends altogether from that and I didn't use glitched gems to refill.
Yeah, I know I abused the glitch but it was surprising to see my count go all of the way to 0. I won't even have enough for the discounted pulls. :(

At least we're getting some free multi-pulls, so there's that.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Oh no......trying to open a glitched mail now gives an error message BUT it also freezes my phone for a few seconds and then sent me back to "connecting" and been stuck on this forever..... If I have to go through this 200 times to clear my mailbox, this is going to take me all day...

What??? Three minutes loading per mail? And the mail isn't even gone??

Yeah, I know I abused the glitch but it was surprising to see my count go all of the way to 0. I won't even have enough for the discounted pulls. :(

At least we're getting some free multi-pulls, so there's that.

Yeah I'd rather they revert everything and just let me keep my gems balance prior to the glitch and the gems I earned since then. I don't care about keeping any unit pulled during NY glitch, my account didn't improve at all from that and it was stacked prior to that anyway.

By the time Anni comes around, if you play hard, you probably will have over 150 gems, we'll have two TMs at least prior to that and most probably 50 gems for anni and the 50 gems from compensation. :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no......trying to open a glitched mail now gives an error message BUT it also freezes my phone for a few seconds and then sent me back to "connecting" and been stuck on this forever..... If I have to go through this 200 times to clear my mailbox, this is going to take me all day...

What??? Three minutes loading per mail? And the mail isn't even gone??

Yeah I'd rather they revert everything and just let me keep my gems balance prior to the glitch and the gems I earned since then. I don't care about keeping any unit pulled during NY glitch, my account didn't improve at all from that and it was stacked prior to that anyway.

By the time Anni comes around, if you play hard, you probably will have over 150 gems, we'll have two TMs at least prior to that and most probably 50 gems for anni and the 50 gems from compensation. :)
Wow, getting rid of those emails don't sound fun. I'm hoping it's just server congestion and will go faster later today. I won't even bother trying it now.

I'll save up and see how the anniversary goes gem-wise. There's still a bunch of resources for sure, and I'm still hoping they end up giving players more than the paltry 50 for all of this, but I'm not about to get my hopes up. I do wish I could keep my glitched characters, though.

Luffy/Law
Whitebeard/Marco
Sabo/Koala
Rebecca/Vivi
Shirahoshi/Mansherry
Katakuri V2
Cracker
Sanji V2

All new. I know it'll never happen, I've already come to terms with with.

At least I'll still have the Judge/Sanji and Carrot I pulled a day before the glitch. Or rather, I'd better. Otherwise Bandai is going to be receiving a frustrated email from me. >_<

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
My gems are gone.

For reference: Had about 170 gems before gem valley. Pulled WAY more than that, and on login just now went down to 0 (technically 1 since I got the login bonus).

It'll be interesting to see what happens now with units.... Wish I had spent on stamina refills or something, this kind of stings that they took away legit gems. If I still had my legit gems, I'd pull on bullet maybe, but if I keep the units I won't need to. If I lose gems AND units then something's messed up, but I guess we wait and see... Anni is coming and I do not have enough for anything promising and I'm sure as hell not spending

I imagine they'll update tonight or tomorrow about units, seems like they're taking it one at a time. They want to get rid of tomes and tablets which should be easy, but units, eh, should be easy too, they probably have a "pull date"

EDIT: Crap it does take like 3 minutes to get rid of one mail. I'll wait and see if things can go faster later, but if this is the case I should have just opened everything. I have like 200 something mails!

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
So it begins...
Did you all kept your units ? I hope you will, but i have to admit that i'm a bit salty i could take advantage from it in that case lol

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Wow, getting rid of those emails don't sound fun. I'm hoping it's just server congestion and will go faster later today. I won't even bother trying it now.

I'll save up and see how the anniversary goes gem-wise. There's still a bunch of resources for sure, and I'm still hoping they end up giving players more than the paltry 50 for all of this, but I'm not about to get my hopes up. I do wish I could keep my glitched characters, though.

Luffy/Law
Whitebeard/Marco
Sabo/Koala
Rebecca/Vivi
Shirahoshi/Mansherry
Katakuri V2
Cracker
Sanji V2

All new. I know it'll never happen, I've already come to terms with with.

At least I'll still have the Judge/Sanji and Carrot I pulled a day before the glitch. Or rather, I'd better. Otherwise Bandai is going to be receiving a frustrated email from me. >_<

Lol wow, you made out like a bandit from that glitch! o___O
How many gems did you use/pulls did you make?
Honestly if you somehow kept your legends, you wouldn't need to pull on Bullet or Kaido. You can easily last until the Luffy/Zoro and Sobamask sugo. But yeah unfortunately for you, I'm fairly certain Bandai will remove them. You'll get to keep some maybe, the ones you pulled with your legitimate gems.

My gems are gone.

For reference: Had about 170 gems before gem valley. Pulled WAY more than that, and on login just now went down to 0 (technically 1 since I got the login bonus).

It'll be interesting to see what happens now with units.... Wish I had spent on stamina refills or something, this kind of stings that they took away legit gems. If I still had my legit gems, I'd pull on bullet maybe, but if I keep the units I won't need to. If I lose gems AND units then something's messed up, but I guess we wait and see... Anni is coming and I do not have enough for anything promising and I'm sure as hell not spending

I imagine they'll update tonight or tomorrow about units, seems like they're taking it one at a time. They want to get rid of tomes and tablets which should be easy, but units, eh, should be easy too, they probably have a "pull date"

EDIT: Crap it does take like 3 minutes to get rid of one mail. I'll wait and see if things can go faster later, but if this is the case I should have just opened everything. I have like 200 something mails!

My biggest regret right now : not opening all the mails BEFORE today so that Bandai can purge everything quickly. It's maddening right now that it takes so long and it looks so buggy to get rid of one mail. Wish you could delete unread mails.

You'll keep the units you pulled with your initial 170 gems but not the ones pulled with glitched gems is my understanding.

Think most F2P players can forget the Global first Wano legend on the 9th multi on Anni. ^^;;;;;;;;;;

So it begins...
Did you all kept your units ? I hope you will, but i have to admit that i'm a bit salty i could take advantage from it in that case lol

Don't worry, we won't get to keep them. We'll keep what we pulled with legitimate gems. But that sucks because a lot of players wouldn't have pulled anymore on NY sugo if they knew they'd lose their anni savings stash.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
It has been a long time since I have only had 1 rainbow gem.

I think I will do the discount multi in Bullets sugo and that's it. So that'd be 2 multis since we get one for free.

I read on reddit that there might be another TM towards the end of the month (after thr Stampede Luffy sugo). I hope not...

(Pls bandai let me keep by V2 BM)

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
It has been a long time since I have only had 1 rainbow gem.

I think I will do the discount multi in Bullets sugo and that's it. So that'd be 2 multis since we get one for free.

I read on reddit that there might be another TM towards the end of the month (after thr Stampede Luffy sugo). I hope not...

(Pls bandai let me keep by V2 BM)

If we get Kaido for Anniversary, and it looks increasingly likely since they are crunching the Stampede event, we will have to do TM Blackbeard before Anni, so latest would be 15th of February. Could come even earlier but not before Kizuna Boa, which is the current coming soon Feb 3 thing in the notice.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
You'll keep the units you pulled with your initial 170 gems but not the ones pulled with glitched gems is my understanding.

I think I've be okay with this. I got Neko/Inu, Shira/Mansherry, and maaaybe the BMv2. That'd be neat to keep I guess. It's no Sabo/Koala or Lawfy but they were the last ones I got.

Oct 27, 2017
Oops, claimed the gems when I was going to delete the mail. Oh well, they'll just take them. Is there a way to delete the mail without claiming the gems or am I supposed to open them and just wait for Bandai to revoke them?

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I think I've be okay with this. I got Neko/Inu, Shira/Mansherry, and maaaybe the BMv2. That'd be neat to keep I guess. It's no Sabo/Koala or Lawfy but they were the last ones I got.

That's a pretty good haul for 170 gems!

Oops, claimed the gems when I was going to delete the mail. Oh well, they'll just take them. Is there a way to delete the mail without claiming the gems or am I supposed to open them and just wait for Bandai to revoke them?

You can't claim glitched mails anymore, it should give you an error message. If you manage to claim them, maybe your account hasn't been "cleansed" yet. And there's no way to delete mail without claiming the content, you're supposed to open them and wait for Bandai to revoke or you can wait until Bandai voids your mail. You still have to open them.

I have 10 gems left, are we sure they're getting rid of units?

Yup looks like both revoking units/tablets and punishing people for breaking TOS are still on the table, just coming at a later date. According to this updated notice they just posted :

zx8lxr43lr941.jpg

We need some clarity on the remaining actions but can assume they'll be similar to the initial actions mentionned in the first notice.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I have 30 gems left, which if I'm doing my math right they only took gems for the couple of pulls and not the box space

Ahahahaha suckers

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I have 30 gems left, which if I'm doing my math right they only took gems for the couple of pulls and not the box space

Ahahahaha suckers

Reported you to Bandai.

Wonder if they can downsize our box space when they revoke our units/tablets/manuals. Maybe that's why they didn't take away those gems from you.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
They only took away the gems I used for the two multis and nothing more(from my non-glitch gems). So Bandai, you're saying there's a chance I keep Legend Cracker....

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty good haul for 170 gems!
Yeah I should have stopped there but got greedy and pulled a lot more. I wanted lawfy damnit!

Ahahahaha suckers

Same I maxed out my box space. I expect theyll downsize it and it'll be like pulling a sugo when space is filled. You can't play the game until you delete things.

Oct 27, 2017
You can't claim glitched mails anymore, it should give you an error message. If you manage to claim them, maybe your account hasn't been "cleansed" yet. And there's no way to delete mail without claiming the content, you're supposed to open them and wait for Bandai to revoke or you can wait until Bandai voids your mail. You still have to open them.

Well, I opened the mail and my gem count went up by 30. Maybe they'll have them revoked by the time I log in next time. Anyway, I'll handle the rest of the mail later.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of salty that I didn't use gems to refill during the blitz battle, part 1 or 2. I could have done that infinitly, using all the free gems I've gained legitimately since Gem Valley, and still be at 0 with the bonus of having the red tickets coming my way and maybe "regetting" some of the legends I'm sure to lose.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Reddit, seems like we're still in the process of getting things revoked. They'll pry her from my cold, dead fingers!

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
If they are taking further action I'm rainbowing all my legit legends with the tablets lol, especially since I horde them just to try and get a potential up 5 tablets a time. Helps I had like 80+ tablets before the glitch lol

Last edited: