• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
noticing a couple scattered Reddit posts of people saying they slept through the glitch and still got reduced to 0

I mean they're probably 12 and lying but still, this feels pretty brute force and I won't be surprised if they were bad about it, especially since I have more than I should left...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
If they are taking further action I'm rainbowing all my legit legends with the tablets lol, especially since I horde them just to try and get a potential up 5 tablets a time. Helps I had like 80+ tablets before the glitch lol
I did this. I tried to keep it above 1000 for all of them since it's easier to say "I thought those were legit it was so hard to remember what I had before" but I definitely used more than I had. God some units rainbowed, others nicely set up for future content.

I wish they'd hurry though. I know the gems was just today but with the new sugo tonight, ugh, I want to know what's being kept and when I should pull again. Also the compensation gems they promised

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Well, I opened the mail and my gem count went up by 30. Maybe they'll have them revoked by the time I log in next time. Anyway, I'll handle the rest of the mail later.

Oh so maybe they haven't started working on your account yet, if they haven't voided your mails. Has your gem total been nuked by Bandai?

Or you could also be part of the 0,00001% who managed to slip through their "thorough" search and you'll get to keep glitched gems :p

Hoping box space is one of those things they don't track and I'll just get away with it :D

Hope so too since I maxed out my box aswell lol. Though I don't really care if they reset me back to my initial size, I was coping fine with that.

noticing a couple scattered Reddit posts of people saying they slept through the glitch and still got reduced to 0

I mean they're probably 12 and lying but still, this feels pretty brute force and I won't be surprised if they were bad about it, especially since I have more than I should left...

Seeing quite a few similar posts and going both ways aswell : people who kept more than they should have and people who lost legitimate gems. Hard to know because the maths are very messy, a lot of people seem confused. Even I can't tell how many gems exactly I have spent nor how many I have amassed legitimately since the glitch.

I want to know how they are accounting for the gems I got from daily logins, TM and new events. Those disappeared for me but have they been added to my "legitimate pre glitch" tally? Does it means I will keep more units from glitched pulls because they have added the 30 or so gems we got legitimately since then?

If they are taking further action I'm rainbowing all my legit legends with the tablets lol, especially since I horde them just to try and get a potential up 5 tablets a time. Helps I had like 80+ tablets before the glitch lol

IIRC the community manager mentionned on his personal account that people would keep their legitimate rainbowed legends even if fed with glitched tablets. But no idea about further punishments for abusing the system.

Kind of salty that I didn't use gems to refill during the blitz battle, part 1 or 2. I could have done that infinitly, using all the free gems I've gained legitimately since Gem Valley, and still be at 0 with the bonus of having the red tickets coming my way and maybe "regetting" some of the legends I'm sure to lose.

Well that's where the main grey area is right? On paper, it seems like the best use of bugged gems was pulling for TM/Blitz boosters and stamina refills on those events. That was a way to launder your dirty gems into legitimate clean rewards. BUT this is exactly where the breaking TOS part could be applied. People might have got their TM and Blitz part 1 fine but they might get punished for refilling stamina and using boosters 24/7.

I still got these glitch mails...what do I even do with them?

According to Bandai, you have to open them 1 by 1 then delete them. Except it's excruciatingly buggy and long to do so. It gives an error message and tries to connect/load forever after each mail.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Damnit, I should have kept my TM rewards unopened... I just opened it yesterday night too...

80 gems for 1000+ box space was worth it, assuming they don't take that away from me as well.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Damnit, I should have kept my TM rewards unopened... I just opened it yesterday night too...

80 gems for 1000+ box space was worth it, assuming they don't take that away from me as well.

Ah did you lose them all? I've kept every single legit gems mail unopened since the NY glitch. Just opened them and starting at 36 gems now instead of just 0. Not much but that's something I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, the rest of my mail are now invalid, just finished deleting them. But they only took 4 of the 30 gems I got? Maybe they'l take the rest later?

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Ah did you lose them all? I've kept every single legit gems mail unopened since the NY glitch. Just opened them and starting at 36 gems now instead of just 0. Not much but that's something I guess.
I lost all my legit gems but I'm not too bothered by it. I kept my mail for the same reason but after nothing happened last night, I thought I was in the clear. Oh well, I still have the CM rookie and the ranking rewards coming in.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Really can't figure out the math here

I had around 110 to 130. Did one new years and three TM multis (160) and maxed out box space (110). Even including tm rewards(didnt open mail) and daily login I don't see any combination of that that would leave me with 30 gems

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Oh nice, they finally did something! Makes sense that they start with the gems since that's what breaks the game the most.

Really can't figure out the math here

I had around 110 to 130. Did one new years and three TM multis (160) and maxed out box space (110). Even including tm rewards(didnt open mail) and daily login I don't see any combination of that that would leave me with 30 gems

Honestly who knows what they're doing at this point, lol. At least you're not at 0? Best not to speak in case a Bandai spy is watching this thread. :P

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, they finally did something! Makes sense that they start with the gems since that's what breaks the game the most.

Honestly who knows what they're doing at this point, lol. At least you're not at 0? Best not to speak in case a Bandai spy is watching this thread. :P
I'm not complaining, but I assume if there's bad math that benefits me there's probably bad math that screwed over other people

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna be watching my gem total like a hawk over the next few days, just in case. I doubt I have anything to worry about since I was offline for the entirety of the incident, but I can still be paranoid. :P

If they remove the excess gems and pulled units, I think that will be a "fair" outcome. I don't care if people manage to keep extra box space, or got some LB/rainbows on their existing units. The rankings for Fujikainu TM and the Blitz are pretty much irrevocably damaged, but that doesn't bother me much (I am a bit miffed that I spent 80 gems for Doffy and ended up with a lower rank than usual, but ultimately I just wanted the march to 7 million to go easier).

Stuff like tablets and Raypoints are questionable, though I think Bandai was planning to fix those. Doesn't really bother me much, though I doubt Bandai wants people sitting on a billion Raypoints.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol wow, you made out like a bandit from that glitch! o___O
How many gems did you use/pulls did you make?
Honestly if you somehow kept your legends, you wouldn't need to pull on Bullet or Kaido. You can easily last until the Luffy/Zoro and Sobamask sugo. But yeah unfortunately for you, I'm fairly certain Bandai will remove them. You'll get to keep some maybe, the ones you pulled with your legitimate gems.
I'm not sure how much I pulled, I kept at it until I managed to get Luffy/Law and I got all of these before that happened, so that kind of goes to show how low his rate was. :(

Deleting these mails are a hassle. It's taking so long!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Reading up on this situation more, apparently people who abused the glitch and had 700+ legitimate gems before the maintenance happened also had their gems wiped to 0. That hardly seems fair when they state that they're planning on revoking all of the pulled characters, unless they plan to later reimburse those players with the gems they had previously before everything happened. I really hope they do. It makes it even worse that they do this immediately before a hype Sugo is released, encouraging people to purchase gems to pull (since a lot of the players are sitting at 0 gems right now)...

It's also not fair for the players who received legitimate gems over the last week (through TM, BB, daily login, etc.) to have those gems wiped as well, if they're just going to revert everything. If they do revoke the characters, those gems were essentially used for nothing at all.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Godspeed. I have 200 and I'm just... not... gonna do it. Dont they expire after X days or something?
I don't believe they expire, at least not for a long while. But yeah, if I had 200 of em', there's no way I'd go through all of that. It'd be like have teeth pulled.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.. at this stage, wouldn't it be way faster to use the "change the device" option? Of course only if you had a well outsorted box where you just need to favourite everything again.

Did nothing for Blitz btw. Only did everything for gems, mostly played everything just once and the Blitz in the lowest mode on auto 50(?) times for all rewards on retry. Not going to lose any time of mine on this.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Bah didn't have time to play the last 2x point, could only squeeze in two Carrot runs, which is the ranking where I'm most in danger of dropping out of top 1K. Will definitely need to gem at least once or twice before the end to secure top 1k but well worth it for 10 gems.

Was aiming for top 100 on Robin and Vivi before the purge happened, oh well dropped to ~160 since then because I stopped playing. At least I'm comfortably in top 1k for 4 rankings. Think I spent 30 gems in total over the first 2 days so that should be a net profit of 20 gems. Or 50 gems since those were glitched gems and would have been snapped anyway.

Reading up on this situation more, apparently people who abused the glitch and had 700+ legitimate gems before the maintenance happened also had their gems wiped to 0. That hardly seems fair when they state that they're planning on revoking all of the pulled characters, unless they plan to later reimburse those players with the gems they had previously before everything happened. I really hope they do. It makes it even worse that they do this immediately before a hype Sugo is released, encouraging people to purchase gems to pull (since a lot of the players are sitting at 0 gems right now)...

It's also not fair for the players who received legitimate gems over the last week (through TM, BB, daily login, etc.) to have those gems wiped as well, if they're just going to revert everything. If they do revoke the characters, those gems were essentially used for nothing at all.

I think a lot of people are confused on reddit but reading the ingame notice, I think most of us here are assuming people will keep the units pulled with legitimate gems, they'll just lose the extra units pulled with glitched gems. So if you had 700 real gems and pulled for 1k gems after the glitch, you'll probably keep the first 700 gems worth of characters and lose the rest.

Obviously it sucks a bit for people like me who were saving for another sugo and pulled only because of the glitched gems, they get to keep units that they possibly didn't want and not the gems. But it's more than fair for trying to abuse an exploit imo.

Now regarding the legitimate gems we amassed since the glitch, no idea where they want, I'd like to know that aswell. Think it's a bit unfair for them to get purged but at the same time, the compensation should cover that (and I saved most of them in my mailbox :p).

Godspeed. I have 200 and I'm just... not... gonna do it. Dont they expire after X days or something?

They don't expire but I can't be bothered cleaning them up now, got over 150 left. Hoping that the ridiculous loading time will be gone soon.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just waiting till I get a new phone

Don't want to reinstall now because of all the lb material mails

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
We get free multis tonight right? One a day for three days? Let's all pull top legends and not care about gem valley stuff!

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
True completely forgot about that to be honest. ^^;

Haven't even started the new FNs yet but we have plenty of time anyway. I'll focus on the Stampede fake dual raid first since I remember it took me a while to drop all the characters to rainbow them. We need to farm enough LB mats too. At least the raid is pretty straightforward.

Good luck to everyone with their free multi tonight! :)

Link to the official Stampede event for people who missed it : https://optc-ww.channel.or.jp/stp_2020/en/

We'll get Raid Sabo and Kizuna Boa in the second part, in a few weeks after Stampede Luffy and 6+ Bullet are out.

Also, surprised that Colo Law is dropping so late, on the 14th so right before before TM Smoker, hope we'll get 2x skill up for that.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Remember to hold on to movie character dupes tonight, they'll be getting supports soon!

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I'm still waiting for supports to arrive for 20th anni strawhats with all of the dupes I've been hoarding. Shouldn't they be coming soon by now?

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still waiting for supports to arrive for 20th anni strawhats with all of the dupes I've been hoarding. Shouldn't they be coming soon by now?
God I hope so. They're the only ones I've been holding on to since most of their supports are SO GOOD

I think I hit 5 copies for like half of them at this point

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
On JP side, just completed the O-Tama rankings with this Luffy/Zoro + FC Sobamask team. Deals almost 100M so pretty comfortable margin. The rewards for this ranking are absurdly good but, 52 gems in total for a pretty easy stage by today standards. There even are F2P teams (with Luffy/Zoro or Sobamask FC of course). Double Carrot can clear it, Koala/Sabo and Luffy/Law too.

This Wano event has been so generous, I'm back to 272 gems already and I was down to 50 just 10 days ago. Have to admit though, as much as I wanted Sobamask more than Luffy/Zoro, all the events have been tailored for L/Z. There's a lot of stuff you can't do if you're not running L/Z since it revolves around abusing the new Wa orb. People who only pulled Sobamask are pretty frustrated.

Koala/Sabo are so MVP for this Wano II month, they pair up perfectly with L/Z and the new batch. Luffy/Law and Luffy/Ace also leach off the new legends pretty well though obviously not a great synergy since they all are overlapping orb boosters. I'll try to do a "winners/losers" kind of ranking for older legends when the new meta has settled a bit but gotta say these new batches have been massive buffs to Koala/Sabo and Luffy/Law.

I'm going to skip Stampede sugos and most probably Anni since Kaido doesn't move the needle at all. Though Global might come up with a pretty OP new Wano legend. But right now, the plan is saving until June for Luffy/Zoro and Sobamask because these events are pretty miserable if you don't pull at all on that sugo.

Think they got released during the One Piece day celebration, on their own. So we might get them after Stampede/before Kaido. Should be soon enough. Been saving a few copies for those since they are pretty great. :)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Free multi was all dupes. Got a legend G4v2 but already have two copies. Hard to be mad about that dupe I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished top 1k for each of the rankings which gets me 5 legends, 50 golds, 50 gems, 15 absolute almighty manuals, and whatever these fancy "titles" for each rank are. Not bad considering I only played during the 2 hour point boosting periods at night and made a substantial gem profit while still gemming for stamina refills. And the best part is that I didn't even need to pull for any of the summer girls either.

Free multi got me the last dupe needed to rainbow my V1 Sanji so that's something I guess. But yeah, Bandai needs to make with the support ability releases and fast.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
All gold dupes but not complaining, got some decent ones.

Phew finished top 1k in all 5. Koala/Sabo just were so useful to all my teams, and so were Vivi/Rebecca. This was much easier than on JP where I only had Shira/Sherry. Regret not going harder on part 1 though, it was much easier. Ended 102 on Robin because I was too lazy and didn't play the last 4 hours, oh well.

So these fake dual units, which are worth bothering to max special

None <.< >.>

Never used them outside of TM Smoker but my OCD made me rainbow them... Bonny and Hawkins are the more useful ones during TM. They all are decent stat boosting support for more recent accounts so there's that.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Yup talk about powercreep lol
Though it gets better after the 18th since it turns into 3x exp. Saved my Rookie CM for that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I regret not getting Hoe when I had the chance. I came back from a break and didn't realize it was available until it wasn't. :(

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Got two reds on the free multi, both of which were gold to reds for some reason. One was a dupe V2 Lucci, but the other was V2 Zoro. So now I'm pretty much up to date on the Slasher meta, with V2 Mihawk, Zoro, LRR Pedro, and Legend Cracker. Might have to force myself to use Slashers more often. Kind of annoyed that I have to LB V2 Zoro almost all the way to get him to work the best though.

So we have a raid with six new units, and two FNs with nine new units. I'm hovering around 10 free box slots right now. :/ Gimmie those new supports!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought he was up during the whole fiasco? People were saying to buy the ships weren't they?
I believe it was only up until the maintenance, unless I missed it. I went to the unlockable islands anyway and didn't see it listed anywhere there, though I might have overlooked it. Even if it was listed I probably wouldn't have purchased it anyway, since it would have came post-maintenance notice and didn't want to risk anything that might result in a ban (which is why I didn't use rainbow gems beyond that point, nor any of the tomes I received from it). If I had noticed it pre-maintenance though, I definitely would have jumped on it.

I can only hope it comes back for the anniversary. I wish ships were available all of the time and not limited, it makes no sense.

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I woke up after the end of the blitz battle to realize i went from rank 5xx to 10xx on Carrot and 19xx to 31x for Hancock, awesome.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Free multi gave me nothing, got top 3k with Nami, Hancock and Vivi, didn't have the gem (cause they took them away~) or summer carrot to boost me in last moment/cba to use the remaining gems I had lol, congrats on those who got decent free pull.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Free multi, all dupe except a new RR with Streusen. Really nice.

Bought the Ray Shop 50k Red Ticket - old Legend with Doffy v2 but he was new to me and his special is probably still one of the better ones in the game. So im happy.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Blitz rewards were one red and seven gold pulls (one clear on vivi for the title got me top 10k?!)

One of the golds was a v1 big mom so that was neat, red was Capone, rest was all fodder for Rayleigh

Shoutout to my Carrot ticket which was a 4 👏 star 👏 story 👏 Luffy

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I got Kuzan and Judge, which were new. Also got Karasu, which was a new RR. The rest were dupes and multi was all dupes as well.