• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
These free multis in all honesty were pretty decent. total got 4 legends (all dupes- G4v2, Capone, FujiV1, and Nami today) got two "new" RRs depending on how gem valley is handled. Still won't pull on bullet though

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Third multi was once again 11 dupe golds, yet to see a single red. Got a Carina at least so should be able to max out her support ability once it's available. Probably the movie RR support I use the most on JP.

Love how most recent FNs can be auto farmed with double Jack, can just tap your phone once and forget about while you work or do something else.

How good is Sulong Carrot?

Got her in today free muti !

Wow congrats!! She's actually great, both for speed farming easier content but also for some very tough content like Kizuna bosses. Teambuilding is tricky as Kyou mentionned but her niche is actually pretty useful (going through barriers). Might be your best QCK lead for a while.

Thanks for the video!

BlindCom Sadly I don't have any of those, but as per the video it does seems like I have a few good leaders.

I'll try to take a few screenshots of my box.

Some quick questions, from what I have seen it seems like food (lobster and the like) have replaced turtles and pigs? Do the pigs have any other uses that giving exp? IIRC at least silver turtles were required for some evos.

Also, on what powers should I focus when building a character? Last time I played the common thing to do was specials and doom, with bind and gloom resistance second.

And for a final question, where can I farm stones to limit break characters?

Thanks again, and sorry for the list of questions!

Samurai_Heart covered most of it really well. I'll just add that TM stands for Treasure Map, which is special game mode that is available once twice a month. It can be quite grindy but it also gives you a very strong F2P unit each time and you also earn the invaluable limit break materials/potions.

Free Multi ended with a new Jimbei v2 - dont know when ill be able to use him but since i have his whole batch of Sailors, the time will come sooner or later.

Heh, yeag that def. the better approach. I mean i moved on as well just thinking about it yesterday kinda pissed me off. In the end i personally wasnt affected all that much by that glitch - i didnt get the mails, i dont go all out on TM or missed out on Rewards because people used boosted units to reach the top.

Only the fact that they mess up the game, have to take the game offline for 10 hours without really fixing the issue....then they go ahead and give us the smallest possible compensation with a single gem. Honestly even if it was 5-10...that would be at least something, but one ? This would be a mayor slap in the face for every other mobile game or community im playing. They really get away with alot in OPTC because this isnt really the game where you can do breaks, you either are in or out for most players.

Grats on V2 Jinbe! I'm in the same boat since I pulled him, I keep telling myself I'll use him at some point but I haven't got around to doing that yet.

I do think we'll get the 50 gems once they have taken all the measures, as a closure for the whole thing. They might even bump up the compensation since everyone is complaining. But I'm not expecting something too big.

They definitely dropped the ball not taking the game down until the issue was fixed but they probably couldn't either. Because at the current rate, it might take a few more weeks. Even a week of downtime would probably kill any gacha game, no matter how many gems you give as a compensation. Plus they gave themselves no room to slow down with their scheduling until anni.

I guess we're "lucky" we only got a single gem since it got wiped a few days later, imagine if they had given us our 50 gems already, only to erase that later lol.

Thanks, keep forgetting these movie raids are not in the permanent rotation on Global. Got my 5 copies of Tesoro, won't bother with the other ones.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Third multi was once again 11 dupe golds, yet to see a single red. Got a Carina at least so should be able to max out her support ability once it's available. Probably the movie RR support I use the most on JP.

Love how most recent FNs can be auto farmed with double Jack, can just tap your phone once and forget about while you work or do something else.

Wow congrats!! She's actually great, both for speed farming easier content but also for some very tough content like Kizuna bosses. Teambuilding is tricky as Kyou mentionned but her niche is actually pretty useful (going through barriers). Might be your best QCK lead for a while.

Samurai_Heart covered most of it really well. I'll just add that TM stands for Treasure Map, which is special game mode that is available once twice a month. It can be quite grindy but it also gives you a very strong F2P unit each time and you also earn the invaluable limit break materials/potions.

Grats on V2 Jinbe! I'm in the same boat since I pulled him, I keep telling myself I'll use him at some point but I haven't got around to doing that yet.

I do think we'll get the 50 gems once they have taken all the measures, as a closure for the whole thing. They might even bump up the compensation since everyone is complaining. But I'm not expecting something too big.

They definitely dropped the ball not taking the game down until the issue was fixed but they probably couldn't either. Because at the current rate, it might take a few more weeks. Even a week of downtime would probably kill any gacha game, no matter how many gems you give as a compensation. Plus they gave themselves no room to slow down with their scheduling until anni.

I guess we're "lucky" we only got a single gem since it got wiped a few days later, imagine if they had given us our 50 gems already, only to erase that later lol.

Thanks, keep forgetting these movie raids are not in the permanent rotation on Global. Got my 5 copies of Tesoro, won't bother with the other ones.
I think what keeps Jinbe not top tier is the requirement to have all types of orbs just to get his 2.25x special. Even if his non-conditional special boosted to 2x, he would see some use instead of just sitting in my box, gathering dust. His crew is really necessary to use, or you have to have either Heracles or LRR Hody. I hope he gets his 6+ form soon, he's one of my favorite strawhat.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I think what keeps Jinbe not top tier is the requirement to have all types of orbs just to get his 2.25x special. Even if his non-conditional special boosted to 2x, he would see some use instead of just sitting in my box, gathering dust. His crew is really necessary to use, or you have to have either Heracles or LRR Hody. I hope he gets his 6+ form soon, he's one of my favorite strawhat.

Definitely, that orbs requirement is what is dragging him down. It forces you to run 3-4 very specific units with him but they don't pack enough to get through a lot of the tougher content nowadays. That being said, 2.25 ATK boost just for one colour/class is still so good even nowadays, let alone boosting 3 colours so I can see why Bandai wanted to make it near impossible to attain.

As you said, just a 2x ATK boost without the orbs would make him very very good because he'd still boost 3 colours. Almost too good for a 6+ but we'll see. The positive thing is he's not far off being very relevant with a few tweaks.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Guys... I think it is time for a Moria legend! And a V2 BB would also be nice.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Guys... I think it is time for a Moria legend! And a V2 BB would also be nice.

Fitting avatar. Moria is long overdue a legend version yeah but unfortunately it might not happen anymore. He has one last shot soon I guess but not a very glorious moment lol.

V2 Blackbeard is totally coming imo, with his upgraded crew, in his glorious "Wano" attire.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
As an account-long V1 Blackbeard stan that still rocks his flag as my avatar:

Laughs in Zehahahahaha

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Had an unexpected stamina refill from the snails so I did all the movie raids

Ain gets support but not Carina, correct?

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
As an account-long V1 Blackbeard stan that still rocks his flag as my avatar:

Laughs in Zehahahahaha

But that also means you're cursed to play OPTC until the servers are down. Since V3/V4/V25 Blackbeard surely is destined the be last OP villain legend like he most probably is going to be the last one standing at the end of One Piece.

Blackbeard is the only older legend that I don't have on either accounts. And I lost count of how many times I wish I pulled him, his niche is so incredibly useful. Even now that Carrot has been released, he's still not completely outdated. Plus his LB+ omega rainbow thing is pretty good, takes his CA to 3.25x.

Had an unexpected stamina refill from the snails so I did all the movie raids

Ain gets support but not Carina, correct?

Yup. Weirdly enough Colo Ain doesn't have any support.*shrugs*

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth the 20 box space right now to farm movie raids for supports that we may or may not be getting in the not too distant future? Hmm...

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
No Bullet announcement is odd. Guessing the sugo announcement and the website updates will happen at midnight

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably for the best. Imagine the shitstorm that would roll in if someone fed a legitimate unit to an illegitimate one and that one got removed. The indignation on the subreddit would reach an alltime high.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I might reinstall this game after some longass time, are you guys mostly playing the eng version or the jpn?

I only played jpn so far

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Oh just logged in at the right time, the notice has been updated with a clearer list of measures and compensations :

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/eo38ba/maintenance_for_gem_valley_rewards_updated/

So we are getting 2 extra gems for the upcoming 12h maintenance (fair enough) and on top of the previous compensation, they are adding 1 red ticket, 1 LRR ticket and 3 gold tickets (based on ray shop limit?!)

No mention of any ban/punishment whatsoever. That will make some happy and others very angry.

Bit confused about the "conditions" part but hopefully it's just explaining what has been revoked because it mentions illegitimate gems used for refilling stamina and expanding character boxes too. I assumed all those gems were deducted from our original amount already, which put us on 0. But if it's not the case yet, I might lose some more gems possibly from my CURRENT gem total. Which means I should have waited even longer to grab all my gems mails.

Guessing it means I'm keeping my 2200 box but they might take more gems away from me now? I wish they had deducted all the glitched gems USED (for pulls, stamina refill and box space) when they nuked our total to 0 a few days ago. If they are only now deducting the gems used for box space and stamina refills, I'll go back to 0 once again heh.

It's clearer but not the clearest notice ever.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I'm being zeroed out again. I've earned f2p gems and I'm gonna lose them all? Maybe I'll do a multi on this banner? Better than losing it all again

I hate that I don't know if I'm going to keep the units I got with legit gems pulled via gem valley glitch.

I hate that people who abused everything via Tm or blitz keep rewards

This whole thing has been a huge bungle.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
If they are taking gems away for the box space + ships etc it would be bettet to just waste them on this terrible movie banner.

This situation is just dreadful in every way possible! They could at the very least reimburse the gems we had prior to the Gem Valley incident.

I hope the red ticket only includes legends from 2018 onwards.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017

Ok got it! thanks to both!

One other question, what should I do with Legends dupes? Feed it to the actual unit i'm using?

Also what is this about losing gems? I have been farming gems since the beginning of the year, why are they taking them away?

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Reading people's reactions on reddit makes me more confused about the notice now. Everyone is coming up with their own interpretation of this.

Samurai_Heart was right a few days ago, I should have listened, wasted 110 F2P gems opening my mail rewards and running new content. If I had held off playing for another week, I'd be in a munch better spot. *sighs*

Very very smart of Bandai to nuke our gems twice, makes sure we start with 0 for Bullet and have to buy gems. Why not zero us one last time right before Anni?

I hate that I'm being zeroed out again. I've earned f2p gems and I'm gonna lose them all? Maybe I'll do a multi on this banner? Better than losing it all again

I hate that I don't know if I'm going to keep the units I got with legit gems pulled via gem valley glitch.

I hate that people who abused everything via Tm or blitz keep rewards

This whole thing has been a huge bungle.

I hope we are not getting zero'd again but it's hard to read it otherwise. I don't even know if we are allowed to do multis on this banner? Wouldn't be the units we pull revoked because they come from "glitched by deduction" gems?

I don't understand who's keeping what, they are not addressing it but since they are not addressing it anymore, I'm guessing we're keeping the pulls with legitimate gems before the glitch.

If they are taking gems away for the box space + ships etc it would be bettet to just waste them on this terrible movie banner.

This situation is just dreadful in every way possible! They could at the very least reimburse the gems we had prior to the Gem Valley incident.

I hope the red ticket only includes legends from 2018 onwards.

Not sure we will even keep the units we'd pull now since they might be 1a

The red ticket is definitely the current red ticket in Ray Shop I think. So just a normal one. It will probably cost us 0 to pull instead of 50k.

I might reinstall this game after some longass time, are you guys mostly playing the eng version or the jpn?

I only played jpn so far

No better time to come back after the biggest blunder in the history of the game lol. Most people here are playing the Global/ENG version, it's the better version by far nowadays. More quality of life features, easier, less grindy. Obviously it's less hype since it's 5-6 months behind content wise.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, there it is. They will nuke the gems again, yes. I mean, on one hand understandable: they probably cannot put your boxspace back to the amount of space before - just think about it. Some may maybe even lose units because of this, so they rather want the gems reducted.
It's bad, but for Bandai MMMMMMMHHHHH. They now smell money, fair money. Because they know they can get away with this, because it was the people that were abusing a glitch and did actions against the TOS.
Now just wait for Bandai releasing not only Kaido but maybe a Global first unit on Anni with people having nearly 0 gems and again going all in for that unit. Bandai would make BAAANK!

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god they're taking even more gems. Just guarantees I'm on autopilot with this game for a long long time. Login, double stamina a raid, log out. Fuck TM.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So everyone that used gems for one or more of those things:

x stamina refills
x box expansion
x ships
x continues
x unlockable quests

Use your gems now. Pull like there's no tomorrow or do refills for whatever content. Or if your boxspace is still not max, max it now. Just use it up.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
By my count, I've only spent 7 gems since the maintenance. 2 for refills and 5 for box space. If more than 7 get taken...

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By my count, I've only spent 7 gems since the maintenance. 2 for refills and 5 for box space. If more than 7 get taken...

Yeah... depending on how many gems you have now, you should consider if you want to give them 7 gems or not. But if someone now has for example 40 gems or something and would get taken 20 away, I would consider spending those gems rather than giving them to Bandai.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
At least I haven't done the 0 stamina of the raid lol, but trusted Blindcom I did the other difficulty FNs orz lol.
I have 35 gems so you saying I should just use them? Oh wait Ryu is mad, lol. Just gotta remind me not to open my mail for 1800 days log in lol, 2 days left

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ok got it! thanks to both!

One other question, what should I do with Legends dupes? Feed it to the actual unit i'm using?

Also what is this about losing gems? I have been farming gems since the beginning of the year, why are they taking them away?

For now keep your Legend dupes (if they are good legends, they can be useful in their unevolved version for some challenge content with unit cost restriction). Sell the useless legend dupes to the Ray Shop, that way you can use Ray Points to buy useful things like crystal skulls.

Do not feed any dupe legend to your legend, this is a very costly and "end game" move. And since you haven't limit broken any of your legends yet, it's even more useless to feed dupes since the reason why most people feed legend dupes if to fill up their LB nodes.

Don't worry about losing gems, you won't lose any since you just started and didn't abuse the glitch! You'll even get an extra 52 gems lol.

Welp, there it is. They will nuke the gems again, yes. I mean, on one hand understandable: they probably cannot put your boxspace back to the amount of space before - just think about it. Some may maybe even lose units because of this, so they rather want the gems reducted.
It's bad, but for Bandai MMMMMMMHHHHH. They now smell money, fair money. Because they know they can get away with this, because it was the people that were abusing a glitch and did actions against the TOS.
Now just wait for Bandai releasing not only Kaido but maybe a Global first unit on Anni with people having nearly 0 gems and again going all in for that unit. Bandai would make BAAANK!

Yeah can't complain really since I did increase my box space and did stamina refills. So just paying for it now. Just we tried to "game" the system and thought we were safe after the first gems nuke. But justice will prevail and we'll pay every single glitched gem spent until the end of our days.

So everyone that used gems for one or more of those things:

x stamina refills
x box expansion
x ships
x continues
x unlockable quests

Use your gems now. Pull like there's no tomorrow or do refills for whatever content. Or if your boxspace is still not max, max it now. Just use it up.

Hmm how do you know we :
1) will be allowed to keep those units/box space/ships
2) won't have to repay these used gems in a third nuke

I have spent about 150 gems on box space I think on NY night (because of Kyou!!!!!!!!!!!) so I'll definitely be back at 0. I don't even need that box space... I was doing fine before that with 1200 or whatever I had...

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
Update guys the French version has better translation for Conditions tab which translates to Items not revoked. Meaning we get to keep box space and ships for free and they won't be taking anymore gems off us

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wait....so if i already bought the Red ticket from Rayleigh a couple of days ago....i dont receive one now ?

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, if in going to have my gems zeroed out again, I might as well pull now so I can sell the dupes later...

I only played jpn so far
Most of us play global while a few of others play JPN as well. Global is fairly close to JPN now that we had to speed up certain events to make Kaido happen on anni. Ultimately it's up to you on what version you play, I personally like being able to read what my units do rather than look them up on a different site.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait....so if i already bought the Red ticket from Rayleigh a couple of days ago....i dont receive one now ?

Oh snap, this also applies to the LRR ticket, right? :/ Such a bad decision on Bandais part. Why can't they just be normal for once.

At least I haven't done the 0 stamina of the raid lol, but trusted Blindcom I did the other difficulty FNs orz lol.
I have 35 gems so you saying I should just use them? Oh wait Ryu is mad, lol. Just gotta remind me not to open my mail for 1800 days log in lol, 2 days left

xD
I found it mostly super entertaining. Sorry :I

Yeah can't complain really since I did increase my box space and did stamina refills. So just paying for it now. Just we tried to "game" the system and thought we were safe after the first gems nuke. But justice will prevail and we'll pay every single glitched gem spent until the end of our days.

Hmm how do you know we :
1) will be allowed to keep those units/box space/ships
2) won't have to repay these used gems in a third nuke

Never thought of a third nuke.
I'm still on ship "nuke nr. 2" even with the french translation. In context, it wouldn't make any sense to understand it as if they wouldn't nuke a second time now.
It would be hilarious though to wake up on the 16th or something, just to read "in case any player tried to escape our 2nd nuke with using up the gems prior, we will conduct a third nuke on all your mails that you tried to keep so desperately, all the gems you still tried to hide and units you obtained through a sugo prior to the 2nd nuke in another week".

Entertain me a little bit more, Bandai!

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
what is wrong with them? How are they so bad at communicating stuff.

I feel like pretty often the case is "No wait guys the French version is actually super clear and makes way more sense" but whyyyyyyyy

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
It's incredible how confused the community is despite Bandai going all out lawyer speech on their notice to try make it as clear as possible. Can't help finding it funny. But it's tragic too.

Update guys the French version has better translation for Conditions tab which translates to Items not revoked. Meaning we get to keep box space and ships for free and they won't be taking anymore gems off us

Just saw the screenshots for French Version, it reads completely differently than the English notice yeah. How did they translate "objets non repris" (not revoked items) to "conditions" in English? Those two things are not even remotely close. I'm a French native speaker and both notices read quite differently. But wouldn't be the first time that the French version is more correct. Though wouldn't be the first time either if the French version was wrong.

Also you're going to keep all the used tablets so you should use them now.

I think that's one of the main takes here, going by the French notice once again. On the other hand, I had over 100 legitimate tablets of each type before this bug, I don't want to be set to zero because I used glitched tablets. But if I'm going to be set to 0 anyway, I might aswell use them...

What? Is that true? I didn't read it like that, I assumed that if you did NOT buy yet, you wouldn't get the ticket. But if you're right, this is terrible because I already bought both red and LRR tickets with legit Ray Points.

xD
I found it mostly super entertaining. Sorry :I

Never thought of a third nuke.
I'm still on ship "nuke nr. 2" even with the french translation. In context, it wouldn't make any sense to understand it as if they wouldn't nuke a second time now.
It would be hilarious though to wake up on the 16th or something, just to read "in case any player tried to escape our 2nd nuke with using up the gems prior, we will conduct a third nuke on all your mails that you tried to keep so desperately, all the gems you still tried to hide and units you obtained through a sugo prior to the 2nd nuke in another week".

Entertain me a little bit more, Bandai!

Calm down Akainu.

Looks like us the real pirates will escape your buster call now :3

For now I'm going to hold onto my F2P gems and not pull them, if there's a slight chance I get to keep them.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very confused that people seem to be acting like they'll zero out tablets even if you didn't use them. I haven't read through the thing yet but is that the case? I haven't touched them so they should just go back to what I had right?

edit: "That were erroneously sent" okay