• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
LOL, tried to make sense of the notice this morning and figured I'd come back later and see if y'all had made sense of it...we're all in the same boat of sadness and confusion.

More than ever, I'm glad I missed the whole thing. It'll be interesting once the dust has cleared to see what "benefits" people managed to get from it all, if any.

I'm not sure if their server tech was capable of it, but if they could have done a roll-back during the original maintenance on New Year's, that would have been the best action to take. It would have been messy as hell dealing with any legit purchases during that 3-ish hour span, and people would have been angry about re-doing any content/TM stuff they did, but man, it would have been better than this. They'd only have to fix three hours instead of two weeks (including new sugos, units. and rankings).

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I used a bunch of tablets and pulled since I had 30 gems. All dupes but got some movie units for supports

I just want this to be over. Bring the game back to normal again

Lowblood I think everyone agrees a rollback day 1 would have been best. But they were on vacation skeleton crew and couldn't make the decision. Once that passed it was too late

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I'm very confused that people seem to be acting like they'll zero out tablets even if you didn't use them. I haven't read through the thing yet but is that the case? I haven't touched them so they should just go back to what I had right?

edit: "That were erroneously sent" okay

How do you read that though? Let's assume we had 100 legit tablets of each type before the glitch and now we have 1000 of each type, so we got 900 glitched tablets. What if we spent 900 tablets today (presumably the glitched ones)? Do we find ourselves with our legit stock of 100 tablets when everything is fixed?

That's the most important part by far for me. I don't want to be set to 0 tablet going forward because I already rainbowed the few units I needed to. I want to have a stock of 100 tablets so that I can rainbow immediately whatever new good legend I get in the next few months. I don't really care about spending 900 glitched tablets to rainbow crappy legends/RRs but if there's absolutely no downside nor risk of losing my legit stockpile, I'll do it heh.

Spending 900 tablets on garbage units and getting to keep 100 legit tablets afterwards > Keeping 100 tablets for future great units >>>>>>> Spending 900 tablets on garbage units and be set to 0 for the next few months

Quickly everyone what units should we use out LB tablets on~

Use them on your LRR units

Jokes on you, I don't have any good LRR to use them on!

LOL, tried to make sense of the notice this morning and figured I'd come back later and see if y'all had made sense of it...we're all in the same boat of sadness and confusion.

More than ever, I'm glad I missed the whole thing. It'll be interesting once the dust has cleared to see what "benefits" people managed to get from it all, if any.

I'm not sure if their server tech was capable of it, but if they could have done a roll-back during the original maintenance on New Year's, that would have been the best action to take. It would have been messy as hell dealing with any legit purchases during that 3-ish hour span, and people would have been angry about re-doing any content/TM stuff they did, but man, it would have been better than this. They'd only have to fix three hours instead of two weeks (including new sugos, units. and rankings).

I reckon the trickiest part is ahead of us : the revocation of units. Considering how approximate and unclear the gem removal was a few days ago, I could see quite a few people losing units they shouldn't have or vice versa.

Concerning the rollback, I guess the consensus atm is that they probably don't even have that tech. I don't know if other gacha games do. I know that MMOs could rollback servers but I'm guessing it's not exactly the same infrastructure.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
After reading the compensation details and seeing that we're getting our gems zero'd AGAIN, I think I'm honestly done with this game. At least for a long while. I'll keep logging in with the hopes that Bandai eventually come to their senses, but nothing beyond that. It just shows an utter lack of respect for their players, and I really hope this has an impact on their bottom line (i.e., please don't spend anything for the Bullet Sugo!).

Just disappointing all around. But hey, I'm looking forward to that Sugo ticket dupe and Ray Points from those RR tickets!

Wait: Apparently we don't even get a Legend pull? I'm in a hurry now so I can't go over things properly, but will again when I have the time.

Last edited:

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I just rainbowed my units. If they're going to revoke the tablets and revert the units then so be it, but if they don't then I gain a box full of rainbowed units. I'm ready for this to all be over tbh, I'm not even using the illegitimate units anymore. I just want to know when I can start saving gems again without the fear of having them erased again...

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
How do you read that though? Let's assume we had 100 legit tablets of each type before the glitch and now we have 1000 of each type, so we got 900 glitched tablets. What if we spent 900 tablets today (presumably the glitched ones)? Do we find ourselves with our legit stock of 100 tablets when everything is fixed?

That's the most important part by far for me. I don't want to be set to 0 tablet going forward because I already rainbowed the few units I needed to. I want to have a stock of 100 tablets so that I can rainbow immediately whatever new good legend I get in the next few months. I don't really care about spending 900 glitched tablets to rainbow crappy legends/RRs but if there's absolutely no downside nor risk of losing my legit stockpile, I'll do it heh.

Spending 900 tablets on garbage units and getting to keep 100 legit tablets afterwards > Keeping 100 tablets for future great units >>>>>>> Spending 900 tablets on garbage units and be set to 0 for the next few months
my read is they'll do the simple math of "(Tablets you have) - (Tablets you received)"

So while I guess you can come out ahead over spending I don't have anything I particularly am antsy to rainbow and don't want to risk incurring any wrath(though they've made it very clear how toothless they are)

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Concerning the rollback, I guess the consensus atm is that they probably don't even have that tech. I don't know if other gacha games do. I know that MMOs could rollback servers but I'm guessing it's not exactly the same infrastructure.

Yeah, I'm guessing they don't have the tech. I suspect the game works by having all of our player data stored locally on our devices (as well as wherever the backups are, ie Facebook) and just doing server checks to authenticate whenever we do anything of note (gain a unit, clear a stage, level a character, etc). MMOs store all the gamedata server-side (nowadays anyway, hi Dreamcast PSO) so you can do rollbacks.

Either way I'm guessing and I'm a pretty bad programmer. :P They probably keep pretty detailed logs of the server checks, which they'd be relying on for all these fixes. One thing we're all missing here is just how widespread it was, since it was only for a few hours and only affected a smaller portion of the userbase (anyone who actually received the bigger 55m download awards). We're in the hardcore bubble so it seems like everyone playing was involved, but it's probably much less. At least, I hope so, because I'd feel for all the poor devs who'd have to comb individually over so many accounts.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
After reading the compensation details and seeing that we're getting our gems zero'd AGAIN, I think I'm honestly done with this game. At least for a long while. I'll keep logging in with the hopes that Bandai eventually come to their senses, but nothing beyond that. It just shows an utter lack of respect for their players, and I really hope this has an impact on their bottom line (i.e., please don't spend anything for the Bullet Sugo!).

Just disappointing all around. But hey, I'm looking forward to that Sugo ticket dupe and Ray Points from those RR tickets!

Wait: Apparently we don't even get a Legend pull? I'm in a hurry now so I can't go over things properly, but will again when I have the time.

From what I'm seeing, the French version states that they won't be taking gems away again, along with any manuals, tablets, or forbidden tomes that were used. But yeah, this whole thing has been communicated very poorly and they deserve to be criticized.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Reddit has gone full Law & Order now. TOS this, charge back that. Guess this what happens when your notice reads like a poneglyph. Sh-Should I lawyer up too?

This back and forth between "we're getting zeroed a 2nd time!!!!" and "we're safe, believe the French!" is a bit nerve-racking.

Hold onto your horse my friend, we might not lose all our gems again! The French librarians of Ohara have deciphered the prophecy. Though if we lose our gems again, guess it really wasn't meant to be for you ^^;

Regarding the legend pull, we're getting one but it's seemingly tied to the Ray Shop ticket so it's a bit confusing. Some people think that if you already bought the Ray Shop ticket, it will get refilled again and you can get another for free. Others think that if you already bought the Ray Shop ticket, you won't get anything. Finally some think that regardless of whether you bought the Ray Shop ticket, you WILL get a free red ticket.

I just rainbowed my units. If they're going to revoke the tablets and revert the units then so be it, but if they don't then I gain a box full of rainbowed units. I'm ready for this to all be over tbh, I'm not even using the illegitimate units anymore. I just want to know when I can start saving gems again without the fear of having them erased again...

They won't revert your rainbowed units but you might find yourself with 0 tablet.

my read is they'll do the simple math of "(Tablets you have) - (Tablets you received)"

So while I guess you can come out ahead over spending I don't have anything I particularly am antsy to rainbow and don't want to risk incurring any wrath(though they've made it very clear how toothless they are)

Fair enough, that's pretty much my stance, I have very very little to gain from using all these tablets but I would have a lot of farming to do if my tablet count was set to zero (especially since Kizuna will get harder and harder to farm for tablets).

Yeah, I'm guessing they don't have the tech. I suspect the game works by having all of our player data stored locally on our devices (as well as wherever the backups are, ie Facebook) and just doing server checks to authenticate whenever we do anything of note (gain a unit, clear a stage, level a character, etc). MMOs store all the gamedata server-side (nowadays anyway, hi Dreamcast PSO) so you can do rollbacks.

Either way I'm guessing and I'm a pretty bad programmer. :P They probably keep pretty detailed logs of the server checks, which they'd be relying on for all these fixes. One thing we're all missing here is just how widespread it was, since it was only for a few hours and only affected a smaller portion of the userbase (anyone who actually received the bigger 55m download awards). We're in the hardcore bubble so it seems like everyone playing was involved, but it's probably much less. At least, I hope so, because I'd feel for all the poor devs who'd have to comb individually over so many accounts.

Yeah I think they are just scouring through logs to fix each individual account.

I totally agree with the bolded, I think this forum and the reddit and some discord channels are an echo chamber. Bandai definitely have the real numbers and probably found out it wasn't such a big deal thus why the major disconnect with the reddit freaking out about Bandai's lackadaisical approach.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get anything besides the 30 gems that I opened that was supposed to be invalid but inexplicably wasnt. That better be all they take. Have like 250 gems so it should be easy enough to deduct 30.

Anyway, the 15th can't come soon enough. The sooner this whole mess is over and forgotten the better.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why it's on the 15th and not, like, now.

Why give people time to stew and be confused and possibly make more of a mess

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
From what I'm seeing, the French version states that they won't be taking gems away again, along with any manuals, tablets, or forbidden tomes that were used. But yeah, this whole thing has been communicated very poorly and they deserve to be criticized.

Hold onto your horse my friend, we might not lose all our gems again! The French librarians of Ohara have deciphered the prophecy. Though if we lose our gems again, guess it really wasn't meant to be for you ^^;

Regarding the legend pull, we're getting one but it's seemingly tied to the Ray Shop ticket so it's a bit confusing. Some people think that if you already bought the Ray Shop ticket, it will get refilled again and you can get another for free. Others think that if you already bought the Ray Shop ticket, you won't get anything. Finally some think that regardless of whether you bought the Ray Shop ticket, you WILL get a free red ticket.
Thnaks you two, I guess I'll hold out and see how things go. Bandai definitely need to work on their communication issues though, this whole thing has been a massive confusion since day one. I'll be happy when it's over.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calm down Akainu.

Looks like us the real pirates will escape your buster call now :3

For now I'm going to hold onto my F2P gems and not pull them, if there's a slight chance I get to keep them.

latest

Bandai calling
They want to have a talk with you

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit has gone full Law & Order now. TOS this, charge back that. Guess this what happens when your notice reads like a poneglyph. Sh-Should I lawyer up too?

This back and forth between "we're getting zeroed a 2nd time!!!!" and "we're safe, believe the French!" is a bit nerve-racking.

They won't revert your rainbowed units but you might find yourself with 0 tablet.

Fair enough, that's pretty much my stance, I have very very little to gain from using all these tablets but I would have a lot of farming to do if my tablet count was set to zero (especially since Kizuna will get harder and harder to farm for tablets).

Yeah I think they are just scouring through logs to fix each individual account.

I totally agree with the bolded, I think this forum and the reddit and some discord channels are an echo chamber. Bandai definitely have the real numbers and probably found out it wasn't such a big deal thus why the major disconnect with the reddit freaking out about Bandai's lackadaisical approach.
I'd rather have a box full of rainbow units than get my 50 tablets back tbh. I don't know why more people are taking advantage of this if that's the case though so I'm prepared up have my box reverted.

I haven't sold a unit to Ray shop since they the game was taken out of maintenance and my box is currently at 1700. It feels great not having to worry about box space tbh but that just means cleaning it will take even longer once in forced to deal with a full box.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbowed most of my legends and good units.
did a multi — all dupes
Can't think of anything else to do with my 7 gems. Maybe one more single. Can't expand box anymore

Bring in the buster call and the second gem wipe. Maybe I'll get lucky and keep some legit gem pulls but I'm expecting the worst. At least box space is a nice plus but honestly I didn't need it and would rather the gems

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Game really needs a feature where it saved the team/setup you used last to clear a raid/Colo.... Hate always have to look up the Gimmicks for every old stage in need to run again for Support level copies.

Man I miss Monster Strike....the QoL features of MS combined with a game like OPTC....

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
If people can freely rainbow all their units with the tablets they got from the glitch....bruh. I was in the tier below that got no tablets so fuck me I guess. More reason to give Bandai the finger. I don't care about those people doing so being punished, I care way, way more about telling Bandai to go kick rocks for their shit handling of everything and the laughable compensation

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Game really needs a feature where it saved the team/setup you used last to clear a raid/Colo.... Hate always have to look up the Gimmicks for every old stage in need to run again for Support level copies.

Man I miss Monster Strike....the QoL features of MS combined with a game like OPTC....
I use the crew log and title each one "Vs [name]"

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Can you even safe that many crews ? There are other games that will automatically save the last used setup for you....guess OPTC isn't big enough for such a feature 5 years in - bummer.
20 crews in total. I tend to keep the most recent colos around then delete them once they've been rainbowed.
I used to have my active crews all set up so that 1 - 3 were my most used teams and 4 - 8 were my TM teams but I haven't bothered with that for a while.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Oh they updated the English version of the notice again, the previously obscure "conditions" section now reads "Non-Revoked Item Conditions", which is much clearer and in line with the French version.

Which MOST probably means this is NOT about a 2nd gems nuke. As I understand, they are telling us to use every single tablet/absolute almighty manual/forbidden tome before they are revoked. And they are also telling us to spend our glitched Ray Points on tickets in the Ray Shop because they won't remove those units.

latest

Bandai calling
They want to have a talk with you

3_720x.jpg

I'd rather have a box full of rainbow units than get my 50 tablets back tbh. I don't know why more people are taking advantage of this if that's the case though so I'm prepared up have my box reverted.

I haven't sold a unit to Ray shop since they the game was taken out of maintenance and my box is currently at 1700. It feels great not having to worry about box space tbh but that just means cleaning it will take even longer once in forced to deal with a full box.

Yeah I'm easily satisfied, I don't need many rainbow units, I can't blame people who love to rainbow everything going nuts, after all even if you farm every single Kizuna 24/7, it would take 10 years to get 1000-2000 tablets.

Rainbowed most of my legends and good units.
did a multi — all dupes
Can't think of anything else to do with my 7 gems. Maybe one more single. Can't expand box anymore

Bring in the buster call and the second gem wipe. Maybe I'll get lucky and keep some legit gem pulls but I'm expecting the worst. At least box space is a nice plus but honestly I didn't need it and would rather the gems

<.< >.> Hope you won't regret pulling if our gems won't be zeroed again.

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
The notice got updated on English for the conditions tab, it now says non revoked conditions, thus meaning I get to keep box space and ships for free

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The skeptic in me has me wondering if the reason they're going to let people keep the characters obtained from Ray's Bazaar is so people sell their glitched dupes for points, just so Bandai have less to go through when cleaning up all of the accounts. Too bad for them, I'm not going to bother with it so they'll have their work cut out for them when you go through my data.

Unfortunately I don't have any high-end tomes to use, since the majority of my characters aren't LB'd yet and I didn't get them anyway since I was in a lower reward category (only Forbidden Tomes + 15 Gems with each set of glitched mail). I might go through my Forbidden Tomes, since I'm at 9999 of them, or might not even bother. It's not as though they'r erare these days.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
They're making it real hard to convince myself it's not a good idea to use all my tablets

Oct 25, 2017
They're making it real hard to convince myself it's not a good idea to use all my tablets
Yeah, I'm kinda annoyed. I didn't do any multis with the illegitimate gems and had maybe 150 gems on hand when the glitch happened so hypothetically, if I had very little gems going into the glitch and then used the glitch gems to max my inventory space I would lose absolutely nothing but gain max inventory space. How is this even fair?

Not only that, gem abusers got to use the point boosters during their intended usage periods even if they're going to lose them, yet I spent legit gems for Doffy and got inferior ranks by the merit of not having all the other boosters.

And now I'm to believe that I should be using the 90 extra tablets I got just because all the players with 9999 tablets aren't going to face any repercussions for already having rainbowed all their units?

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
LOL is it just me or did they revert the ingame notice from "non-revoked item conditions" back to "conditions" again? Maybe because they updated it yet again with a crew log section now and the rest was an old copy/paste. Or they freaked out about people reading that as "just abuse the glitch to your heart's content".

So I made a list of potential rainbow targets for people who would find themselves with a few thousands tablets lying around. Obviously high priority for your most used/powerful legends and RRs. I'd say any dual legend is worth rainbowing and also any RR with either special CD reduction or double special( mostly V1 Big mom batch). Then you can focus on pinch healing on your favourite units since it can be a lifesaver and also RCV bind on your Enel/zombie team. Also for your shooter team, try get as much barrier pierce as possible of course.

• Legends
- Luffy/Law : pinch healing + critical
- Koala/Sabo : pinch healing
- Barto/Cav : slot bind (full removal)
- Warco : slot bind (full removal)
- Inu/Neko : critical
- V1 Big Mom : critical (helps a lot on her auto nuke)
- V1 Katakuri : because his 6+ is incredibly strong and will carry you through 2 months worth of content if you don't pull
- Lucy : similar to V1 Katakuri, though not a very strong 6+, still a decent ATK booster option for O-tama ranking
- Corazon : RCV bind + special CD reduction (<--- key for a lot of challenges/tougher content)
- Magellan : pinch healing (so good in Kizuna)
- Enel : RCV bind
- V1 G4 PSY Luffy : special CD reduction, starts the quest at max special, massive nuke, he's a decent option for fast farming teams
- Shirahoshi : RCV bind
- V2 Katakuri : RCV bind

• Rare Recruits
- V1 STR Elizabello : special CD reduction (by 15 turns!!! his special will be available straight away) niche but incredibly useful unit with his AoE nuke special, helps so many challenge/farming teams
- STR Zeff : special CD reduction, makes his special available straight away too
- STR Smoothie : double special, so good since it means 4 turns of paralysis/burn/bind/despair removal and 10k heal
- DEX Perospero : double special, actually a very useful unit that is kinda underrated, CA booster for 3 colours + reduces crew special charge, he's still relevant nowadays on JP, people used him to run O-Tama ranking recently.
- QCK Inazuma : special CD reduction, incredibly niche but yet irreplaceable for some zombie Kizuna farming
- PSY Kuma : double special, invaluable unit when you're not a whale since he allows you to cheese some very tough content. His LB doubles your chance at insta kill! Plus he packs great utility, could be MVP for you in the future Halloween Luffy raid
- PSY Camie : double special, allows her to delay AND provide a conditionnal ATK boost + 4 turns of special bind removal
- INT Chobro : special CD reduction
- INT Ain : double special, 4 turns of enemy buffs and crew debuffs removal and potentially healing too, pretty great
- INT Valentine Koala : special CD reduction
- INT Galette : special CD reduction, helps so much in Kizuna when you know you can't stall long enough for that one unit, she'll start with her special ready and will help reduce special charge time for another unit
- QCK Bobbin, PSY Hina, INT TS Nami : because you use them all the time

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I missed plenty of other units so feel free to add your own picks :)

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Adding to what BlindCom wrote I'd say make sure you tablet the TM Shop Garp, do you don't have to waste 8,000 blue tickets just for his qck damage reduction. And if you're crazy enough to have his 2nd lb unlock that as well.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
LOL is it just me or did they revert the ingame notice from "non-revoked item conditions" back to "conditions" again? Maybe because they updated it yet again with a crew log section now and the rest was an old copy/paste. Or they freaked out about people reading that as "just abuse the glitch to your heart's content".

So I made a list of potential rainbow targets for people who would find themselves with a few thousands tablets lying around. Obviously high priority for your most used/powerful legends and RRs. I'd say any dual legend is worth rainbowing and also any RR with either special CD reduction or double special( mostly V1 Big mom batch). Then you can focus on pinch healing on your favourite units since it can be a lifesaver and also RCV bind on your Enel/zombie team. Also for your shooter team, try get as much barrier pierce as possible of course.

• Legends
- Luffy/Law : pinch healing + critical
- Koala/Sabo : pinch healing
- Barto/Cav : slot bind (full removal)
- Warco : slot bind (full removal)
- Inu/Neko : critical
- V1 Big Mom : critical (helps a lot on her auto nuke)
- V1 Katakuri : because his 6+ is incredibly strong and will carry you through 2 months worth of content if you don't pull
- Lucy : similar to V1 Katakuri, though not a very strong 6+, still a decent ATK booster option for O-tama ranking
- Corazon : RCV bind + special CD reduction (<--- key for a lot of challenges/tougher content)
- Magellan : pinch healing (so good in Kizuna)
- Enel : RCV bind
- V1 G4 PSY Luffy : special CD reduction, starts the quest at max special, massive nuke, he's a decent option for fast farming teams
- Shirahoshi : RCV bind
- V2 Katakuri : RCV bind

• Rare Recruits
- V1 STR Elizabello : special CD reduction (by 15 turns!!! his special will be available straight away) niche but incredibly useful unit with his AoE nuke special, helps so many challenge/farming teams
- STR Zeff : special CD reduction, makes his special available straight away too
- STR Smoothie : double special, so good since it means 4 turns of paralysis/burn/bind/despair removal and 10k heal
- DEX Perospero : double special, actually a very useful unit that is kinda underrated, CA booster for 3 colours + reduces crew special charge, he's still relevant nowadays on JP, people used him to run O-Tama ranking recently.
- QCK Inazuma : special CD reduction, incredibly niche but yet irreplaceable for some zombie Kizuna farming
- PSY Kuma : double special, invaluable unit when you're not a whale since he allows you to cheese some very tough content. His LB doubles your chance at insta kill! Plus he packs great utility, could be MVP for you in the future Halloween Luffy raid
- PSY Camie : double special, allows her to delay AND provide a conditionnal ATK boost + 4 turns of special bind removal
- INT Chobro : special CD reduction
- INT Ain : double special, 4 turns of enemy buffs and crew debuffs removal and potentially healing too, pretty great
- INT Valentine Koala : special CD reduction
- INT Galette : special CD reduction, helps so much in Kizuna when you know you can't stall long enough for that one unit, she'll start with her special ready and will help reduce special charge time for another unit
- QCK Bobbin, PSY Hina, INT TS Nami : because you use them all the time

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I missed plenty of other units so feel free to add your own picks :)

Thanks for the list, even if i don't have those tablets i'll keep them in mind instead of selling them for Ray Points.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I'm kind of hesitant to start any of the three FNs yet due to box space, I already committed to the Stampede raid and only really have space for that.

Getting the movie supports would give me some relief but I'll probably have to buy more box space at some point. Either that or I'll wait for the next special up event.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't started the newest fn since I'm gonna 0 out again I assume. Mostly today I finished running shiki and just doing the stampede straw hat fns. Easy to run and socket the units with nothing else to do. No point in saving stamina either once we hit the long maintenance

realllllly curious to see what I get to keep. I expect nothing, I hope for the few early legends I pulled, and I'd be amazed at incompetence if I got them all

moslty. Just happy this'll finally be over

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017

My god, actual human-ish communication!

Seems to confirm they're done revoking gems and it's only items this time. No idea if they consider characters items

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

My god, actual human-ish communication!

Seems to confirm they're done revoking gems and it's only items this time. No idea if they consider characters items

If you say sorry, everything is forgiven~

Time to break my F2P vow and buy 2000 gems for Bullet sugo ^.^

But yeah pretty much a copy/paste of the ingame notice with some apology on top. They are definitely revoking characters since they highlighted it but obviously the most important part is still unclear : are they revoking every single character, even legit ones? Or are they doing the sensible and logical thing, revoking characters pulled with glitched gems?

The community has been up in arms the past few days because everyone seems to assume that they took all the legit and glitched gems and will revoke any character pulled since then, legit or not.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
If you say sorry, everything is forgiven~

Time to break my F2P vow and buy 2000 gems for Bullet sugo ^.^

But yeah pretty much a copy/paste of the ingame notice with some apology on top. They are definitely revoking characters since they highlighted it but obviously the most important part is still unclear : are they revoking every single character, even legit ones? Or are they doing the sensible and logical thing, revoking characters pulled with glitched gems?

The community has been up in arms the past few days because everyone seems to assume that they took all the legit and glitched gems and will revoke any character pulled since then, legit or not.

The whole thing about which character people pulled is legit or not is iffy and I'm worried about how they will handle it. Are they going to apply some arbitrary rule where the first gems you used are considered glitched? It's not very clear-cut.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
The whole thing about which character people pulled is legit or not is iffy and I'm worried about how they will handle it. Are they going to apply some arbitrary rule where the first gems you used are considered glitched? It's not very clear-cut.

Exactly, this is the very crux of the matter and the fact it's never ever been clearly addressed is kinda baffling. To an extent, it's the same issue with tablets, tomes, manuals : which are we using first? Our real "pre-glitch" stock or the glitched items?

There seems to be this belief in the community that Bandai are incapable of differentiating between real and glitched gems, thus they don't know which pulled character is legit or not. And because of that, they'll revoke everything, like they revoked people real gems a few days ago (is that even true???). And they'll compensate people who lost legit gems/units later, which seems ludicrous to me.

Example 1 : Someone had 500 legit gems before the glitch, they opened 1 glitched mail with 50 gems inside, took their total to 550 gems. Now they pull on NY, Summer Blitz and Movies sugos for 300 gems. They have 250 gems left. What happens?

A) Their gems got zeroed (because Bandai assumed they used the 50 glitched gems first) and they lose all the legit characters they pulled with their 300 real gems? <---- That's the scenario most the community on Reddit seems to be assuming, worst case scenario of course

B) They lost the 50 glitched gems, leaving them with 200 legit gems still and they get to keep every single unit pulled during those sugos. <---- Best and most logical scenario, the one I'm assuming.

Example 2 : Someone had 500 legit gems before the glitch, they opened multiple glitched mails with gems inside, took their total to 1000 gems. Now they pull on NY, Summer Blitz and Movies sugos for 900 gems (500 real + 400 glitched). They have 100 gems left. What happens? :

A) Their gems got zeroed (understandable, they went over their initial limit, they should be minus 400) and lost all the characters pulled, both the ones pulled with legit gems and the ones pulled with glitched gems. So they lost 500 real gems just like that. <---- Worst case scenario assumed by the community

B) Their gems got zeroed but they get to keep all the characters pulled with the first 500 legit gems and are losing all the characters pulled with the 400 glitched gems. <---- Once again, best and most logical scenario

If A really is the route Bandai is taking, that's scandalous because a lot of players will lose tons of money just like that.

If B is the route Bandai is taking, I see no problem.

The fact we still don't know how the revocation of characters will happen on the 15th is very strange.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
If this had happened in, say, a maintenance on Dec 31, they could have just revoked all pulls in the three hour it was going

But maaaannnn did they make it worse letting it go for two weeks

Oct 27, 2017
I too shitty at navigating it though!

Looking through the database, here's some of what's available on global that can reduce the same def buffs as Vivi/Rebecca:

2 turns
FN Kid Sanji (also switches orbs)
TM Jack (also damages)
RR Daifuku (also reduces some other buffs)
RR Ain (also reduces bind/despair)

3 turns
TS Chopper (also damages)
QCK Diamante (also delays and changes orbs)
Vito (plus some other stuff)

4 turns
RR Trebol (also reduces threshold damage reduction)
Mont d'Or (also reduces some debuffs)

5 turns
6+ V1 Jinbe (plus some other stuff)
RR Bobbin (also reduces threshold damage reduction)

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I guess the reason the compensation summons might be based on the Ray shop is because they won't revoke the Ray shop summons. Also it looks like it's safe to use glitch tomes/tablets since they won't be revoke if they've been used.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Got to admit, I like the breakdown of Toadskii in this video. He did a really really good job in this one. He's getting better and better, clearly trying to get into the big footsteps of Zeenigami here.