• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Well Whitebeard island will probably show up again, so we don't have to only grind for it now.
We absolutely have to grind it now. A 1.75x booster for the TM, and the only unit outside of Stampede Luffy who can counter the 10-turn despair easily for the final boss. Totally worth dropping the World Journey stuff for this, IMO

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
GL finding a video that actually uses a 5* WB. For the low cost missions, zombie teams are easily found. That being said, it depends on whether or not you need another 1.2x booster or not. I'm evolving mine simply because the 6* version could be handy when I need to stall or need the 400k damage.
You never knooooow

Good point, I'll definitely encounter a situation where I need a 6* Whitebeard before I need a five star one, even if I don't use him in tm

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
You never knooooow

Good point, I'll definitely encounter a situation where I need a 6* Whitebeard before I need a five star one, even if I don't use him in tm
6*qckbeard with raid ace support is a full board of matching orbs. He loses it with the + since he doesn't do damage anymore. So definitely worth keeping a 6 version around. I know I am

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
So what are ya'll hoping for tonight on the stream? I don't really care about global exclusive stuff, I mostly just want more sweet, sweet qol updates

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that I haven't cleared story yet. Free EXP for me ;D

I like the stream lol, I just stay for the dumb posts haha

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
They're adding support to like every character

EXCEPT THE MOVIE CHARACTERS 😭😭😭

Just saw that list, it's pretty incredible lol. We're getting a few more recent JP batches but not the movie ones. Well, better than nothing.

Got the stream in the background this time, not as invested, looks like there won't be any Global first content revealed since they are keeping the anni sugo secret.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that list, it's pretty incredible lol. We're getting a few more recent JP batches but not the movie ones. Well, better than nothing.

Got the stream in the background this time, not as invested, looks like there won't be any Global first content revealed since they are keeping the anni sugo secret.

Lol I find the stream super entertaining. Maybe I'm just too easy to entertain :l

He said at the beginning though, that there will be something never seen before. Still got hope for Anni.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Lol I find the stream super entertaining. Maybe I'm just too easy to entertain :l

He said at the beginning though, that there will be something never seen before. Still got hope for Anni.

Oh I'm sure it's pretty fun like the last one, just had extra work to finish so couldn't focus on the stream. ^^;

Wonder what the reveal will be then, last time they had the JP devs announcing a lot of Global first QoLs.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
That stream was.... difficult to watch.

Also a bit sad that everything that announced was in the news update already. just like, what was the point?

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm sure it's pretty fun like the last one, just had extra work to finish so couldn't focus on the stream. ^^;

Wonder what the reveal will be then, last time they had the JP devs announcing a lot of Global first QoLs.

Stream over. Yeah their fails were entertaining. <___< 20 free gema for everyone isn't too bad though.

Gotta give props to the livestream dude. He is or would be surely perfect with children.

Edit: I love how they just blast random OPTC OST 10 minutes later

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ryu lied to me, there was no special announcement at the end.....

Guess the "never-seen-before" thing was the Luffy/Law figure.

Wish they just announced the sugos banners really. I know Final Fantasy Brave Exvius streams actually show the future banners/units. It's a good way to drum up some hype. There's no point keeping it a secret for another week or so.

They could have also shown some of the Wano content to get people excited.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't lie <~< XD
He said there will be some amazing stuff, something never seen before. But he meant the anni and he said that at the start.

Actually BlindCom he did say there will be something. You gotta keep the stream up until 3 hours after the end and then something superduper will happen. You're from Europe right? Have fun I wish you a good night hehehehe

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Lol Solaris, the OPTC database owner won one of the figures. Well deserved for his hard work :p

Looks like we're getting the first two batches of LB+ legends too and not just one. Faster rollout. Hopefully the keys will be easier to obtain because right now there's almost ZERO point using the precious rainbow keys on older legends when every single new legend is launching with a LB+. People on JP would rather ultra LB+ their brand new Luffy/Zoro or Sobamask than waste it on V1 Zoro.

Hope everyone has kept their LB mails preciously because the LB mats cost is ridiculously high. 500 fragments for one legend, that's brutal.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading that the JP's 5m and 7m tickets are from a restricted pool. If that's true, when did that come out? It would have saved the stream from being a waste of 45 mins...

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
I remember reading that the JP's 5m and 7m tickets are from a restricted pool. If that's true, when did that come out? It would have saved the stream from being a waste of 45 mins...

Should have happened ages ago on Global, think it started with Shanks/Beckmann on JP, possibly earlier but at first it was just the 5m ticket. Now it's both. That being said, Global introduced very early 2 limited pool reds for top 500 and those are much better than JP limited tickets (which only excludes the oldest legends).

I hope we'll eventually get better 5m/7m tickets but I'm pessimistic about it, especially how easy it is on Global to hit that amount of points.

Why is the Koala FN marked as new? That's strange

Must be because it's a "new" version that drop valentines chocolate.

50 stamina Whitebeard is nerve wrecking. Beat it once but I think I'm gonna farm the lower difficulties...

LRR ticket was Fisher Tiger. Why not just punch me in the face, game?

I also pulled Fisher Tiger and he was one of the few LRRs I already had -___-
My red ticket was V1 Sabo, not even sure why I pulled, total waste of RPs. Really hoping we'll get a "last year only" red ticket in the rayshop for anni.

Man so much content. I feel like I'm full up on stuff to do and I'm even totally ignoring two of the other events happening(Neptune and Valentines). What were they thinking??

On another note, ya'll think it's worth it to evolve my dupe 5* Whitebeard? He's boosted in this TM as well abd I don't think we'll be having any low cost content soon

Yeah I've totally skipped Neptune too, baffling that he's around just for 3 days. They really want us to gem to complete all these CMs.
As others have said, I think it's worth evolving him, even though his 6+ is a very slight upgrade imo. His 6* is pretty sweet for that 400k nuke. I only ever used his 5* once and that was a while ago.

Well then I am fuck, is that 10 despair only at the New World League?

You should be fine in East Blue or Grand Line, the mechanics are tweaked. That being said, farm Whitebeard skulls if you can, we don't know when his skull island will come back. And could well require a gem to unlock it.

Actually BlindCom he did say there will be something. You gotta keep the stream up until 3 hours after the end and then something superduper will happen. You're from Europe right? Have fun I wish you a good night hehehehe

<.< >.> Guess I have to farm TM on JP anyway...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell! Jpn gold Tm ticket just got me Kaido! Hopefully that doesn't steal my global luck

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Should have happened ages ago on Global, think it started with Shanks/Beckmann on JP, possibly earlier but at first it was just the 5m ticket. Now it's both. That being said, Global introduced very early 2 limited pool reds for top 500 and those are much better than JP limited tickets (which only excludes the oldest legends).

I hope we'll eventually get better 5m/7m tickets but I'm pessimistic about it, especially how easy it is on Global to hit that amount of points.

Must be because it's a "new" version that drop valentines chocolate.

I also pulled Fisher Tiger and he was one of the few LRRs I already had -___-
My red ticket was V1 Sabo, not even sure why I pulled, total waste of RPs. Really hoping we'll get a "last year only" red ticket in the rayshop for anni.

Yeah I've totally skipped Neptune too, baffling that he's around just for 3 days. They really want us to gem to complete all these CMs.
As others have said, I think it's worth evolving him, even though his 6+ is a very slight upgrade imo. His 6* is pretty sweet for that 400k nuke. I only ever used his 5* once and that was a while ago.

You should be fine in East Blue or Grand Line, the mechanics are tweaked. That being said, farm Whitebeard skulls if you can, we don't know when his skull island will come back. And could well require a gem to unlock it.

<.< >.> Guess I have to farm TM on JP anyway...
I hope it's coming to global, even if it's really late. I'm afraid that they're not going to give it to us at all since our sugo rates are generally better than the JP version.

Also, I'm sick of grinding to top 500 just for a chance of something new. This TM looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass since so many will have access to the 1.75x boosters.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Qckbeard done in 13 runs. Moving on to finishing WJ Croc. Running a Bartodish team, and it's pretty scary with that burn and reduced RCV status. At 235 gems right now, so after TM I should be in a decent position for anni.*

*IE totally pissed off that I'll pull the entire Kaido batch yet miss the legend again, and none of my other pulls will be any good.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Qckbeard done in 12, take that AgentLampshade. Honestly I was surprised, I got a skull on runs 3, 4, and 6 for 50 stamina, then 11, then I switched to 30 because it was guaranteed with chopperman but it dropped there. Saved me some stamina! And I was prepared to gem to get it today too

Finished WJ Boa the other day, moving to finish Croc hopefully today, then Mihawk if there's time.

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finished Qckbeard, Mihawk and croc.

First time since I play optc, that I saved over 600 Gems

Will go all in for Kaido (and Saboala/Lawffy since I miss this key Legends).

With additional free Anni Gems 13-14 Pulls could do the trick

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'll finish Croc in the next run or two and then I am DONE with WJ, hooray

....I should probably start making teams

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Sooooooo.... as some of you may know, JP got a pretty big change to TM this month with Viola/Rebecca and this is a change Global will probably get aswell. TM now has a hard mode (specifically for people like Kyou who keep complaning that TM is such an easy mindless grind <.<) with a +20% HP growth and +10% ATK growth per navigation level, instead of +10/+5 for normal mode.

The upside is that you get more points than clearing hard mode. The ugly downside is that normal mode points got nerfed hard, from +200 points per nav level down to +120 points. Basically there's no point running normal easy mode anymore, it already was massive grind prior to the change.

The new hard mode is the new standard difficulty that Bandai wants you to clear. What does in mean in practice? Well at navigation level 30 boss has 13M HP, at lvl 50 20M HP and at lvl 100 40M HP. First run, it's immediately obvious that it's much harder to run those non optimized teams with 2-3 dead weights for the highest point multiplier. I actually failed the very first intrusion with such a team. You'll hit the ceiling much earlier with wonky high multiplier teams, forcing you to focus on building proper teams and hitting your perfects etc.

Here are the teams I'm using for now, so far so good. I'm just nav lvl 15, will see how it goes when I'm around the 30-40 range. Amassing points faster but have to be more careful with the boss teams, I think it's a fair trade, I'm fine with that. Also hard mode finally gives guaranteed bird on JP but we've always had those on Global so not sure how they are going to tweak that for us. Maybe that's why last TM we got non guaranteed birds...

I hope it's coming to global, even if it's really late. I'm afraid that they're not going to give it to us at all since our sugo rates are generally better than the JP version.

Also, I'm sick of grinding to top 500 just for a chance of something new. This TM looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass since so many will have access to the 1.75x boosters.

I'd be fine if they gave worser "limited pool" tickets for 5m-7m like on JP, when it was a guaranteed 3 years old legend. "Last year only" legend seems too good to hand out to everyone.

And I'm with you about grinding top 500, I never have the TM boosters, I only managed to get there 3 times when it was those sugos where we all had the highest boosters. It's a very tough race.

Holy hell! Jpn gold Tm ticket just got me Kaido! Hopefully that doesn't steal my global luck

Wow congrats!!! One less reason for you to pull on Global anni :p

All my gold tickets were garbage so far, hoping to hit 7m this time though.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Btw for people who need him and may not have noticed, TM Sabo can drop from the new trusty character stage

It's rare but, hey, free tm unit

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Whew the reactions to the livestream on reddit are so negative. Feel bad for Nick and the rest of the community team. In terms of brand new content, the stream didn't deliver but otherwise it looked like good production values, nicer studio, a guest and a lot more giveaways. Also 20 gems for everyone, that's more than the usual 10 gems.

I think they just dropped the ball not revealing/teasing any of the Wano anniversary content. Pretty much everyone knows what's coming up, there's no point keeping it secret. Some Kaido showcase would have got people hyped. I can't understand why Bandai are so reluctant to reveal any future sugo in this game. Always feels like they are afraid players won't spend on the current sugo if they show what's coming next but other gachas do it fine.

Done with V2 Whitebeard skulls, eventually took 15 runs, did the last 4 on easiest difficulty, and no regret since I got 2 drops. Was done with World Journey yesterday so now I have plenty of free stamina for... farming Koala FN?

Qckbeard done in 13 runs. Moving on to finishing WJ Croc. Running a Bartodish team, and it's pretty scary with that burn and reduced RCV status. At 235 gems right now, so after TM I should be in a decent position for anni.*

*IE totally pissed off that I'll pull the entire Kaido batch yet miss the legend again, and none of my other pulls will be any good.

We're guaranteed to get at least 50 gems for anni aswell and some extra during the wano events. Plus if you're lucky, you'll win 1 million gems from the lottery ^^

Finished Qckbeard, Mihawk and croc.

First time since I play optc, that I saved over 600 Gems

Will go all in for Kaido (and Saboala/Lawffy since I miss this key Legends).

With additional free Anni Gems 13-14 Pulls could do the trick

Hope you get something great with those gems! I'd definitely be going all in too if I was missing those two.

Right now I'm just hoping that the guaranteed legend on the 9th multi of part 1 is something superfluous, like 6+ Lucy or V3 Kuzan. If I can avoid spending a single gem on anni, I'll be in a very good spot for the two huge back to back sugos in May/June.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew the reactions to the livestream on reddit are so negative. Feel bad for Nick and the rest of the community team. In terms of brand new content, the stream didn't deliver but otherwise it looked like good production values, nicer studio, a guest and a lot more giveaways. Also 20 gems for everyone, that's more than the usual 10 gems.

I think they just dropped the ball not revealing/teasing any of the Wano anniversary content. Pretty much everyone knows what's coming up, there's no point keeping it secret. Some Kaido showcase would have got people hyped. I can't understand why Bandai are so reluctant to reveal any future sugo in this game. Always feels like they are afraid players won't spend on the current sugo if they show what's coming next but other gachas do it fine.

TBH, it doesn't really matter anymore where you look at. People always complain :/ I found the stream super entertaining and made my jokes about it, but that's it. Especially the cosplay joke was super harsh, I felt so bad for him. Quality wise the stream was really the best so far and Nick is a super goofy but sweet guy. As I said, he would probably be amazing with children lol. Just think of this guy in the middle of a kindergarden. They would love him.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ok made my teams for TM Blackbeard. A few of them are similar to my JP ones except for the two bosses fights where I'm just running double 6+ QckBeard instead of Stampede Luffy FC + Stampede Sabo. Wonder what will happen when 90% of the rankings will be rocking a 9.04x multiplier team at the minimum...

It's a pretty straightforward TM otherwise, most annoying fight is Burgess imo because of the STR orb barrier but plenty of orb manipulators or barrier removers out there. Colo Law for the Pacifistas, Doc Q is a gimme for TM Akainu/Fujitora, Doffy is just made for Bullet or Jack.

Two written guides with stages breakdown :
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/f38437/tm_blackbeard_guide/
https://old.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/f28kfw/team_building_guide_tm_blackbeard/

Two videos :
Zeenigami's
Toadskii's

Got a pointless meat orb from snails, now I can farm exp to get it right for TM I guess.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TBH, it doesn't really matter anymore where you look at. People always complain :/ I found the stream super entertaining and made my jokes about it, but that's it. Especially the cosplay joke was super harsh, I felt so bad for him. Quality wise the stream was really the best so far and Nick is a super goofy but sweet guy. As I said, he would probably be amazing with children lol. Just think of this guy in the middle of a kindergarden. They would love him.

What was the cosplay joke about? I didn't hear any of the jokes tbh since I had it muted in the background, just checked the visuals at times ^^;

I do think it's great they are doing these livestreams. Just that for a 5th anni hype livestream, giving so few info about the anni events and sugo was the wrong choice. Left so many people disappointed. I don't think people are mad at Nick personally, he's been great for the community. Just he wasn't allowed nor had much to show yesterday.

the final zeenigami guide :(

T____T

Fitting that this is 6+ Dadbeard TM, end of era....

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was the cosplay joke about? I didn't hear any of the jokes tbh since I had it muted in the background, just checked the visuals at times ^^;

I do think it's great they are doing these livestreams. Just that for a 5th anni hype livestream, giving so few info about the anni events and sugo was the wrong choice. Left so many people disappointed. I don't think people are mad at Nick personally, he's been great for the community. Just he wasn't allowed nor had much to show yesterday.

Yeah it was probably overhyped. But tbh, I understand the point of delivering. I think they should've done the livestream closer to Anni so they could reveal the possible global first and I think it would've also had more impact that way. If they would've announced something yesterday, the hype would wear down in 2 weeks.

The joke was on Reddit and the mods gladly removed it. Was quite offensive so I won't repeat it.

TM time again... WohOO right? Wohoo..

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
Seriously though I did have issues with the Livestream why call it 5th Anni Livestream and not reveal what the sugo is for 5th Anni and do a play through with the Batch units and also they should of gave out 50 gems instead of 20 because what can you do with 20 gems, also with dokkan last livestream they gave everyone 55 stones.