• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
sRn1f7i.png
5Jp5YLB.png

NqwEuMC.png
DNyMUaG.png

p4CHKFo.png
jJDMZuz.png

nFfCPum.jpg
4YYmGFh.png

9b608cz.png

cne64na.png

rOcQsZ7.jpg

hcYDpuP.png

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Beautiful OT. As a One Piece maniac I really wanna get this just not sure about it yet. Watched a couple of trailers and the game looked great it's just I'm afraid it's repetitive and gets boring halfway. A lot of mixed reviews!

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to play, even if the game is mediocre... maybe if I was a bigger fan of One Piece.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I feel like I will pick this up when I binge read the latest story arc sometime in the near future. I really want it to be good. It's a OP game so even a 7/10 game would be within my expectations.

At least they used Franky's classic hairstyle.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
I'm enjoying it, for what it's worth. Solid 7/10 so far. My only complaints are the stealth missions are totally out of place.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
The game is bad. Like really bad. Stupid AI. Empty open-world. Only one playable character. Ugly UI. Clunky movement. Barely any VA. Unnecessary and non-functional stealth, etc. And this was supposed to be their ambitious project? It honestly looks like it was done on an extremely shoestring budget by a bunch of people for their graduation project.

I didn't like Unlimited Red either, but Pirate Warriors 3 was good.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I am interested in this game but Namco been having a rough time lately with Anime releases. The poor reception of Jump Force and now this game also receiving middling reviews. Seems like a tough break.

I haven't been following One Piece for awhile. While this has an original story, I'm guessing it takes place after the timeskip?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I am interested in this game but Namco been having a rough time lately with Anime releases. The poor reception of Jump Force and now this game also receiving middling reviews. Seems like a tough break.

I haven't been following One Piece for awhile. While this has an original story, I'm guessing it takes place after the timeskip?

Yes, it takes place after Whole Cake

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is bad. Like really bad. Stupid AI. Empty open-world. Only one playable character. Ugly UI. Clunky movement. Barely any VA. Unnecessary and non-functional stealth, etc. And this was supposed to be their ambitious project? It honestly looks like it was done on an extremely shoestring budget by a bunch of people for their graduation project.

Damn.

Man, I wonder if I'll see a good One Piece or Hunter x Hunter game in my lifetime.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Man, I haven't watched or read One Piece and this actually looks like a dream game in some sense. I just watched the Tim Rogers video for it and the world is amazing. I would love it if this were given a proper budget and fully fleshed out its ideas. Even while I'm not familiar with the series that much, it just looks and sounds authentic.

It always feels like these sorts of ideas in anime games just never fully pan out. I remember the first Ultimate Ninja Storm and the XBOX 360 Naruto game (Broken Bond?) having cool ideas too, but this game's world and level design look astonishingly good for the type of game it is.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I haven't watched or read One Piece and this actually looks like a dream game in some sense. I just watched the Tim Rogers video for it and the world is amazing. I would love it if this were given a proper budget and fully fleshed out its ideas. Even while I'm not familiar with the series that much, it just looks and sounds authentic.

It always feels like these sorts of ideas in anime games just never fully pan out. I remember the first Ultimate Ninja Storm and the XBOX 360 Naruto game (Broken Bond?) having cool ideas too, but this game's world and level design look astonishingly good for the type of game it is.
What game you was watching I'm playing this now it's orettu damn bad

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
What game you was watching I'm playing this now it's orettu damn bad
I'm not saying it's good at all. It actually looks like it plays awful, but it LOOKS great. It's an open world anime game with a lot of variety in its world and interesting traversal mechanics.

The opening of the IGN review summed it up. The biggest problem with this game is that you have to play it lol. On paper it has a lot of what I want in a video game but nothing is fleshed out.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I hate it that I'll end up buying and Platinum-ing this eventually. I'm too big of a fan not to.

I guess that's how Dragon Ball fans feel a lot of the time.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate it that I'll end up buying and Platinum-ing this eventually. I'm too big of a fan not to.

I guess that's how Dragon Ball fans feel a lot of the time.
looks really mediocre but I'm a big fan so here we go...
This sums up the experience too big a fan I'll be going after the platinum regardless of the lifeless open world, the bland samey locations, the forced stealth and tailing missions....ugh

Dec 28, 2018
Despite the not so great reviews and poor impressions here I'll probably also end up buying the game because of how big a fan I am of One Piece. And atleast it isn't another 3D arena brawler so I'll give it a point for that.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

This. I played about 4 or 5 hours of it and ended up selling my copy off. The things that need to be fun are not, traversal, combat and exploration. Add to that really dumb decisions with things like mission design (The rescue Frankie mission and the side mission in the graveyard, ugh) and this game is a 5 out of 10 if you ask me.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I've been playing this game for a little while now and it's not amazing by any stretch—it's pretty close to a lot of Bamcos games. But I am enjoying it.

One question though. We're the Marines always called 'sailors'? I don't think I've ever seen that in the anime, so it seems kinda strange to me. (^^)

OP
OP
Imperial Bishop
Oct 26, 2017
Okay.....I've played for over 2 hours. I'm enjoying what I've played so far. There are some JRPG-like elements but they don't really feel like they add much to the game so far.
Enemy designs are noticeably more varied than previous Ganbarion One Piece games with some minor extra idle animation for when they're just hanging around.
There's some faux difficulty with certain enemies you run into dealing ridiculous amounts of damage (playing on Standard difficulty).
Skill tree has some promise. There's a skill boost that reduces the chest opening time significantly. Even without it, holding triangle to interact with chest and some doors doesn't feel so tedious.
Early game combat is pretty much just shifting between Haki modes when necessary and mixing in some ranged attacks.

Biggest gripes right now are the sparse spoken dialogue in conversations and not being able to grab onto ledges and rocks.
The former doesn't bother me too much since I've played my fair share of JRPGs with limited dialogue.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you very much OP! I've played almost 4 hours yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far. I loved the OP references and ester eggs that you can find around the world, it's always such a pleasure to find some

And yep, the game isn't great.. I'd agree with 6-7/10 from what I've seen so far which is mean above average to just good, but not near bad or garbage.. more importantly it's fun!

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Cool OT indeed!

The game, though... As a One Piece fan, I'm having fun with it, not gonna lie but it's just a 6-7/10 and objectively... I totally agree with the 4-5/10 reviews.

There is some good things and it's a great prototype for future games but World Seeker has too many flaws, especially in it's mission design, combat (seriously, even the Unlimited games have better combat) and the world itself. It isn't ugly, technically speaking but it's top empty, lifeless and it lacks that One Piece soul, some exceptions aside.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag should be their inspiration for a One Piece game, with some elements from the Unlimited projects: some small and big Islands, possibility to travel with the Thousand Sunny with sea fights, basic but fun and engagic combat (with a REAL lock-on, please), better traversal, better art direction, etc.

Also, in the future, don't tease people with words like "most ambitious One Piece game" when the only ambitious thing is the size of the world (and it's not that big, to be honest) and shit like this:

1552724521-20190316-092129.jpg

Last edited:

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Kinda curious about this and might pick this up one day even though I fell off the manga series at #56.

A quick question: Is there a way to disable the pemanent quest reminder in the left center of the screen? Probably not, eh? Thanks

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
My copy arrives Tuesday. I hear it's not that long which is good since Sekiro is next week.

OhNoMelon

Oct 26, 2017
Game is not good, it's not like, the worst One Piece game I've played but it's probably not too far off.

I like the set up, somewhat, feels very much like something that could have been a One Piece film at some point, but that falls apart when the game starts and it becomes typical open world padding. An open world which isn't even that fun to traverse at first because all the "fun" stuff is locked behind the skill tree which means the early game so far has been choosing whether I make traversing more enjoyable or combat (though, even when you buy the extra skills combat is still mashing x/square). Though when you do unlock them have fun when you're in like, areas full of marines snipers that spot you and instantly shoot you down knocking you back and forcing recovery time. Stealth looked bad in the trailer and it's even worse in game, as it completely broke for me during the barrel tutorial section has enemies still spotted me and would never leave suspicion mode. Everything about the game feels stiff and clunky.

It's not a looker either, the world itself seems like it could have been interesting but it's so drab and completely detached from the characters within it. Speaking of, none of the characters really look much better than anything in the console versions of Red.

But, I'm not that far into it, I haven't unlocked any of whatever the crew are supposed to do. I'mma stick with it for now because it's still a One Piece game, and I hate myself.

It's all been down hill for one piece games since Pirate Warrirors 3, it's time for Omega Force to rise up and save us from this dark age.

OhNoMelon

Oct 26, 2017
With another muso game though? Is there enough here to salvage into a better game?

I mean, Pirate Warriors 3 is great, even if they did a Pirate Warriors 4 that was just that but with more content it'd still blow World Seekers or any other Ganbarion attempt out of the water.

I don't think what World Seekers is attempting is bad, just that it's execution in pretty much everything is bad. I think if a lot of it was refined it'd be a much better game, but I feel like it would also need to be in much better hands (though no Omega Forces in this case lol).

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think it would be hard to improve this game considerably with some tweaks. Some of the design decisions are baffling to me.

In regards to traversal, what is the point in making it so stilted? It's hardly like it would break anything to make it smoother. Increase the jump height considerably and make the jumps more floaty. Have the camera zoom out further when grabbing stuff and shooting forward after a tether jump. Upgrades could just increase the distance you can fly after a tether jump. Make the hover easier to pull off and let the player glide as far as you can in something like Prototype 2. There is a fast travel system anyway so what is the point in making traversal feel so crappy?

With combat there needs to be some back and forth. In this it's just a matter of wailing on the enemy until they are dead. If there was a lock on and some sort of rock-scissors-paper using blocks, dodges, block breaks, and heavy and light attacks it would be much more fun. The ranged combat done as a pseudo FPS seems silly too. Wouldn't a timed bullet reflect suit Luffy better and be more fun if it was mixed in with the melee combat?

Missions need some work too. The Frankie rescue mission is trash tier mission design.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I will get this eventually, I just have too much to play at the moment. As long as it's better than Unlimited World Red I'll be happy

Though this doesn't fill me with confidence for Project Z

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Do they really not have Reiju in the game? She was by far the most popular of the Germa bunch (she was the only likeable one too).
Anyway, reviews and word of mouth are telling me to stay far away from this one, so I'll end my post with my 100th request for Pirate Warriors 4.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Is this game worth a playthrough if you've never read or watched One Piece? Visually it looks really nice and I like the character design.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any mods that change or improve some of the UI decisions, like the painfully long times to open chests?

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely plan to get it this week, it looks really good to me! I'm just hoping those stealth sections are side content/missions and not main. As long as those aren't required to get through the game I should be okay. I don't consider any reviews for buying decisions, ive enjoyed many games that have gotten 6, 7 out of 10 as much as ones that have gotten 9 or 10 out of 10. I've even enjoyed games that have gotten 4s and 5s, too. It'd take a truly broken and glitched game these days for me to stay totally clear of it. I'm supporting it since I'd like to see more Anime adventure games, so many are usually fighting games. I imagine I'll be pretty satisfied with it.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, it's trashy and yet somehow I'm still playing, probably because it's entertaining trash and that's all I expected. I'd place it somewhere just below Unlimited Red.

I was hoping this would evoke the same feelings in me Unlimited Adventure did when I first played it on Wii. It was sub par in almost every way but you could see potential and heart everywhere. Shame Unlimited Cruise wasn't followed up (Red doesn't count).

Jan 2, 2018
Oh, wow! This game is developed by Ganbarion? Didn't they also develop Pandora's Tower? I loved that game.
Of course this is completely different, but I just noticed the developer.