• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yea it is.

The earlier they make it the better.

Thanks for your input.

I wonder how they would do to keep the quality. The amount of playable characters is huge:

c60z3085con11.jpg

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I played, and platinum'd/1000'd, Burning Blood as a PS4 import (I wanted the anime music edition) and as an X1 game. I played through Unlimited World Red on PS3, PS4 and...the 3DS. I think I'm gonna do fine here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whooo damnnn this game got clowned.

I hope BN are putting way much more time, effort and thought into the DBZ RPG

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The IGN review doesn't go into much depth for me to take serious. Unless that all the game is just running around and punching and unlocking treasures or something. He doesn't talk about any bosses, mechanics or anything. In the review video it looks like he might be using a reticle but only talks about punching which I relate to just mashing buttons like he said.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
I was not expecting this game to be great, but I definitely wasn't expecting literally both ends of the spectrum in reviews.

It sounds like something I'll enjoy. Can't wait to see more reviews pop up, because boy are they all vastly different haha.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wonder how they would do to keep the quality. The amount of playable characters is huge:

c60z3085con11.jpg

Same way DBZ does it, you don't include every single character you start with the most unique/interesting and the fan favorites, and then add over time. I'd imagine they would either scale down or not include the giant characters.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Same way DBZ does it, you don't include every single character you start with the most unique/interesting and the fan favorites, and then add over time. I'd imagine they would either scale down or not include the giant characters.
That wouldn't be that outside of the realm of reality, Oda already lieks playing with sizes even in-canon. Arc System Works already did a One Piece fighting game for the 3DS so it'd be natural to do a FighterZ style game for consoles.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I think that every OP fan would like to see in the game at least the 80% of the characters that appear on this image.
And we must consider that Luffy's crew and other characters of the Grand Line are missing. Even Mihawk and Buggy.

One Piece has many more and unique characters than DBZ.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think that every OP fan would like to see in the game at least the 80% of the characters that appear on this image.
And we must consider that Luffy's crew and other characters of the Grand Line are missing. Even Mihawk and Buggy.

One Piece has many more and unique characters than DBZ.

I would think that a OP fan would take a game as good as DBFZ no matter who was in it. And DBFZ launched with 0 characters from the current DBS arc, and three from DBS in total out of the possible 20-whatever they could have.

Assuming the base roster of a competent fighting game from scratch is going to be 30+ is naive at best. And really you could easily narrow down the characters to 1-2 per arc and skip some arcs as well.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That wouldn't be that outside of the realm of reality, Oda already lieks playing with sizes even in-canon. Arc System Works already did a One Piece fighting game for the 3DS so it'd be natural to do a FighterZ style game for consoles.

Their One Piece fighting game bombed really badly (IIRC, disappeared from the charts before hitting 20k) in spite of being similar to (and compatible with) Extreme Butoden which had decent sales. I really doubt they'll go back to One Piece anytime soon after that.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the negativity here. One Piece: World Seeker is a pretty ok game. It's enjoyable. Not bad at all. It's not shit, it's not great. It is a game that exists that you can play and have a decent time with, wrapped up in all the One Piece fan-service you could hope for. I really would have loved World Seeker to be the great One Piece game I've been waiting for but it's not like we've got a binary scale that only covers Shit and Awesome here. The game is decent, and whether or not that's worth playing right now because you love One Piece or deserves a wait for it to drop to $20 or less, there's a good time to be had in there if you decide to go for it.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I don't get the negativity here. One Piece: World Seeker is a pretty ok game. It's enjoyable. Not bad at all. It's not shit, it's not great. It is a game that exists that you can play and have a decent time with, wrapped up in all the One Piece fan-service you could hope for. I really would have loved World Seeker to be the great One Piece game I've been waiting for but it's not like we've got a binary scale that only covers Shit and Awesome here. The game is decent, and whether or not that's worth playing right now because you love One Piece or deserves a wait for it to drop to $20 or less, there's a good time to be had in there if you decide to go for it.
Well said. Obviously ratings for something like this would vary greatly since One Piece itself is enormous and if you're not familiar with it and its odd sense of style and humor then I doubt it'll be something other than "that weird pirate superpower game". It's a game by and large for One Piece fans and seems to be sufficient at that.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017

c60z3085con11.jpg

How can a 2D game work with the size differences in character? If Ridley was too big for Smash, wtf would Kaido be?

Even the admirals are already pushing it a bit in comparison to the strawhats.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How can a 2D game work with the size differences in character? If Ridley was too big for Smash, wtf would Kaido be?

Tbh fuck 2D fighting games. Tired of that nonsense gimme 3D Budokai Tenkaichi fighters. Least that had large ass characters like Great Apes and Hirudegarn.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First the Jump Force shitshow and now this. I thought anime games where on the up and up. DBZF is just the exception.

BuGeYeD

Mar 13, 2019
Howdy yall, I'm one of the reviewers on this game (DualShockers). Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017

They'd just adjust the scale. Whitebeard and Jozu were in Burning Blood and they weren't that scale compared to people like Luffy or Law. You could probably make the difference between Luffy and Big Mom or Kaido the same as the difference between Luffy and WB there, and just adjust everyone else accordingly.

(As a side note, I always found it weird that all four of the revealed admirals are somehow roughly the same height. I think even Green Bull looks like he's roughly the same)

BuGeYeD

Mar 13, 2019
Is there any One Piece character that shows up in the game that hasen't been in a trailer?
Yeah there's a ton of folks outside of the general Straw-Hat crew.

Is most of the game devoid of any music?
There's actually some solid music in the game. There isn't a ton of options but the ones there are really cool. One of the things I liked most is the fact that the game actually lets you create your own playlist in the menu.

It was cool. Animations are on point but I didn't like the combat much after eight or so hours.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecentral gave it 4/10

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/14/one-piece-world-seeker-review-open-world-anime-8899754/

sum-up:

In Short: A loving piece of fan service that looks and sounds just like the anime, but unfortunately it plays like a bad Xbox 360 era open world game.
Pros: The graphics are great and One Piece fans will love the attention to detail and the all-new story by Eiichiro Oda.
Cons: One note (and one button) combat is extremely repetitive, with some nasty difficulty spikes. Mission design lacks variety and stealth is extremely basic. Poor pacing and long load times.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
A loving piece of fan service that looks and sounds just like the anime, but unfortunately it plays like a bad Xbox 360 era open world game.
I think this is the common problem of most open world Japanese games. They're mostly a generation behind of the Western counterparts, because for a lot of Japanese studios, it's their first take on open world. They're mostly restricted by budget and/or experience. Nintendo games are the exception, as we can see from Xenoblade X and BOTW with amazing open world design and gameplay. MGSV was decent, but it doesn't feel like an open world game. It's just a lot of missions scattered in a very huge map.

Jun 4, 2018
That's quite the range. Will continue to keep an eye on the game, maybe watch some streams, and see how I feel about it at a discount.