• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
banner.jpg

Metacritic - 56
Opencritic - 68

We Got This Covered - 9/10
PlayStation LifeStyle - 8.5/10
Game Informer - 8/10
COGconnected - 8/10
Cerealkillerz - 7.8/10
Heavy - 7.8/10
Hobby Consolas - 7.2/10
TechRaptor - 7/10
RGJ - 7/10
Video Chums - 6.8/10
The Games Machine - 6.5/10
Jeuxvideo.com - 6.5/10
DualShockers - 6/10
Everyeye.it - 5.8/10
Xbox Achievements - 5/10
IGN - 4.8/10
Screen Rant - 4/10
CGMagazine - 4/10
Metro GameCentral - 4/10
Kotaku -in progress-
Japanese developer Ganbarion has put together one hell of a game, certainly the most ambitious ever created for the One Piece franchise. I've played Monkey D. Luffy in fighting games countless times, and I've never connected with the character nearly as much as I have just running through the green grassy hills of One Piece: World Seeker. [Impressions]

Seems like it's getting mixed reviews, I liked that Game Informer's line tho..
King Of The One Piece Games.

Damn, got me excited there.. can't wait to try it out myself

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That IGN review is rough. Still gonna check it out, though.

Apr 16, 2018
I never trust reviews for anime licensed games.

If you like the IP, chances are there's some fun to be had. It's fanservice. I don't like One Piece so I'm uninterested, but I bet fans of the series will.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
8 from Game Informer is a shocker

The other scores, not so much

Looks very passable from the gameplay videos that I've watched

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uhm...wow. This looks very bad so far? I enjoyed Unlimited World Red on the Vita so if that one here is good for fans i will give it a try.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I'll probably still get this when I catch up on the series in the near future.

I've played the awful Sword Art Online games. This probably won't be as bad and bland as those.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I wouldn't say garbage - it's like Jump Force and co. solid enough for fans that can overlook the deep flaws.

It's definitely not One Piece Breath of the Wild though.

Excuse me but i wouldn't call Jump Force and this one solid enough for fans.

FighterZ and Naruto games from CC2 are solid enough and really good games, these are cash grabs using popular IPs.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Excuse me but i wouldn't call Jump Force and this one solid enough for fans.

FighterZ and Naruto games from CC2 are solid enough and really good games, these are cash grabs using popular IPs.
Those are games selling mostly because of the IP and fanservice - people buying these games dont really care for reviews. There is a reason why Bamco can release them non-stop.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
From what I look it's kind of spiritual successor Unlimited Adventure/Cruise/World. Those are okay games, but if you're invested in One Piece universe they're a lot of fun. Playing as Luffy only sucks a bit but as long as there's plenty of interactions with SH crews it'll be fine.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Not even surprised lol. What game has this developer developed? And wth were they thinking about doing a one piece game with only one character. I'll give it a try once it hits bargain bin.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad, but it never looked good in videos so it was kinda expected.
I really liked the Unlimited Cruise/World games.
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is the best Once Piece game though. Amazing musou game all around.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
it's not an arena fighter, so that makes it more interesting than most anime licensed games to me

But yeah not surprised it's not outstanding, but when I'm caught up with One Piece (in about 50 years, I only just finished Alabasta, which was so good) I'll definitely check it out. Just fun to see the world and characters in something that isn't a fighting game, though I'll probably check out Unlimited Cruise and Pirate Warriors first.

Apr 16, 2018
Agree or not, but Naruto from CC2 is way better than all the anime games published by Namco Bandai (minus DB)
And then they made Shinobi Striker.
Maybe they have better cutscenes, but that's all.

They're literally one-button fighters, dude. They're not good games in any sense aside from production value.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Not even surprised lol. What game has this developer developed? And wth were they thinking about doing a one piece game with only one character. I'll give it a try once it hits bargain bin.
Making Luffy only playable is smart because no other Straw Hats really have the movement abilities as him aside from Robin and Sanji, though him running in the sky would always look weird.

Like Usopp has Pop Green maybe he could.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't care about One Piece at all but still wanna check this out at a deep discount.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I think the safe play with Namco's anime games is to just expect a 6-7 out of 10 sort of game that gets elevated to "Worth Playing" if you like the property. Occasionally you'll get a Ninja Storm or FighterZ that is worth playing even for non-fans, but you'll hear about those when they happen.

I'm expecting something on par with Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited World Red. Sounds like that's what we're getting.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
And its reviews are about the same as the My hero game, hell more people recommend World Seeker then the My Hero game
OP World Seeker is a more ambitious game for sure.

The reasons are Unreal Engine 4 and low production value.
Of course when you have these two factors you can make shitty games all year along.

They made these kind of games before the UE4 as well though - they just werent on HD systems for the most part but on handhelds.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
after seeing the gameplay video, i liked the game, even though i don't watch the show, maybe i will buy it in deep discount,

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Not very surprised, though it still looks good enough that I'll probably get it in a sale.

I haven't seen any mentions about the soundtrack though, even though it sounds amazing in the background of the IGN video review. Kohei Tanaka delivers again!

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
They made these kind of games before the UE4 as well though - they just werent on HD systems for the most part but on handhelds.

Because making them on portable was cheaper that's why.
Now they have UE4 and they can do the same time on more platforms at a lower budget.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly expected, though scores seem a bit all over. I expected a 60ish rating overall

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Not very surprised, though it still looks good enough that I'll probably get it in a sale.

I haven't seen any mentions about the soundtrack though, even though it sounds amazing in the background of the video reviews. Kohei Tanaka delivers again!

Well good news:

One feature that I really liked in One Piece: World Seeker is the ability to create your own playlist with the game's soundtrack. Some of the most iconic anime of all time is accompanied by incredible music. While you won't find any original One Piece music in this game, it's got a really fun set of songs and the ability to listen to those songs anywhere, in any order is a welcome feature that I hope more games adopt.

https://www.dualshockers.com/one-piece-world-seeker-review-ps4/

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
The fact that there are ANY good reviews is proof enough to me I'll love this game. I could eat One Piece shit and be happy, so I'm looking forward to this.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I never trust reviews for anime licensed games.

If you like the IP, chances are there's some fun to be had. It's fanservice. I don't like One Piece so I'm uninterested, but I bet fans of the series will.
I bought the Unlimited World Red for a friend a few years ago, sine he is big fan of One Piece. He seemed to like it initially but after a few days he dropped it completely, the gameplay was the same shit over and over according to him :(

Oct 25, 2017
Making Luffy only playable is smart because no other Straw Hats really have the movement abilities as him aside from Robin and Sanji, though him running in the sky would always look weird.

Like Usopp has Pop Green maybe he could.
Robin,sanji(fly) franky(motorcycle,shogun,coup de poo)
Usopp pop green wolf
Nami(Zeus(it's a game they don't have to follow them rules) and milky road
Chopper and brook can just run

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Agree or not, but Naruto from CC2 is way better than all the anime games published by Namco Bandai (minus DB)
And then they made Shinobi Striker.

This is a ridiculously irresponsible opinion to post, considering Bamco does way, way more than just JUMP bullshit.

It's one thing to be dissatisfied with games like Jump Force, it's another to even suggest that Jump Force is of the same quality of One Piece because review metascore dictates as such...to even go as far as to call this a cash grab when this is the sole project Ganbarion (the only One Piece developer) has been working on for YEARS...but to undermine the swath of titles Bamco publishes that are licensed titles comes off as incredibly shitty to me.

Why can't you just say they fucked up and be done with it instead of making these 5th grade assumptions that UE4 is responsible for shitty games, because I would much prefer if you stopped pretending that you knew anything about game development enough to make shitty ass comments like that