• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
aCoTQArF_o.jpg

Move over FFXV, One Piece is repping for Cup Noddle! Well really for Nissin Foods, but specifically Cup Noddle with Bump of the Chicken doing the song for the commercial.

One Piece twitter lost there minds at seeing not only OP cast in such a different style, real world school, but seeing these character young for the first time in some time outside the flashback and recap specials.

But most of all...all the side charterers you can see, can you find them all Era?

In the Stadium:
Zoro
Mihawk
Pell is the hawk that soars into the sky, he has his headpiece.

Zoro Class:
Perona
Gekko Moria, you see him playing with shadows doll or something.
Cabbage/Cavendish
Urouge
Tashigi

School Yard as Zoro drags the anchor:
Whitebeard & Blackbeard talking.
Croc and Vivi, notice how she's in her Miss Sunday look.
Next we have Bonnery, Kuma, Katakuri and Ace eating lunch. We can tell it's Ace since the hat and he's face first in food.
Above them we see Boa has made a poor SOB into stone and what people think is Marguerite.
Across from them it's hard to see but we see someone holding a stick...which seems to then be Fujitora.
Lucci is just chilling with Hatori.
Fat Alvida is scolding Coby.
Last we see Gin being threaten by Pudding.

In the Dojo:
We see a statue of Kyros.
Doflmingo
Vergo
What I think is Jinbei.

Dojo at sunset:

Rockstar....yes really
Mister 1
McGuy
Shiryu of the Rain.

Zoro training:
Jango
Helmpolo
Kuro
Miss Goldenweek
Hawkins
X-Drake
Sugar
Baby-5
Monet

They even gave some background info for these versions of the characters:

D7J5plKUwAAj_nf.jpg

HUNGRY DAYS Sanji is good at cooking and soccer, has a part time job at Baratie, and always has candy in his mouth.
lollipopandcigerettes.png

D7J9ASSV4AAj3w4.jpg

Usopp like... ran an underground fake news website about his school.

D7J-qYtUcAAvHhP.jpg

In elementary school, Nami predicted a big typhoon was coming. She always uses tangerine scented hand cream.

D7K6_1AUcAAGxX3.png

Zoro's sense of direction is so bad that he still doesn't understand the route to school and is late every day. He tends to doze off and fights with his classmate Sanji. When he falls asleep in class, teachers often throw chalk at him.
8cb.gif

D7K9fJVUEAE2Qpw.png

Chopper's a little young, but he's a pure, reindeer-faced boy (lol, yes, that's what it says) and everyone loves him. He's really knowledgeable about medical treatments and is often helping treat injuries in the infirmary.

D7K_52uUEAE_a6x.png

Robin's cool, well-put together, and has a sharp mind. She's interested in history and aced the Japanese History test. Her dream is to solve the mystery of the 150 year void in 4th century Japanese history.

D7LPkqFV4AAGqus.png

Franky was originally a bad student and leader of the "Franky Family" gang, but recently is focusing on his dream to become a carpenter. He made an arch for the school's culture festival and works hard to help everyone

D7LRM3uV4AEukzj.png

Brook's a young man who's skinny as a skeleton! His weakness is sunlight and he lived like a shut-in (引きこもり) and had to repeat a school year, but Luffy got him to go back to school. He likes music and uploads his songs on the net.

D7LWds6U0AYUETn.png

Mihawk is captain of the Kendo Club & winner of the National Kendo Tournament. He usually uses a long, black bamboo sword, but uses a short bamboo sword against his juniors. He's a member of the student council, "The Seven Warriors." He likes gardening cabbages on the weekend.

D7JlqLiW0AESJgv.jpg

D7JlqjoXYAAy-LT.jpg

One last thing, Oda message for this:

D7L_kQeUwAAr4tV.jpg

If old...I guess I'm not so Teenager.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Robin, Katakuri, and surprisingly Franky all work great in this style.

Chopper is terrifying. Keep it away.

So is Kuma's face on a normal body.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bishonen piece. love this art style. i wouldn't even mind seeing a movie with them living in current times like the video.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At first the group shot on top was giving me doubt, but as I was scrolling down I got more into it.
This Franky looks awesome

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I dig the style. And I'm even wearing my Cup Noodle shirt today

419328-2.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Franky was originally a bad student and leader of the "Franky Family" gang, but recently is focusing on his dream to become a carpenter. He made an arch for the school's culture festival and works hard to help everyone"

that's amazing lol

he's kiryu from yakuza 0

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
cool designs

also I guess live action Chopper could just be a kid wearing a silly pink hat if they want to save on dat CG budget

Oct 25, 2017
Holy. Shit. The candy thing has got to be a reference to 4kidz.

I was able to identify most of the characters. Missed Boa, Drake, Pudding and Gin were too low quality to make out for me. Didnt notice the statue was Kyros.

But Rockstar? Fucking really? I thought it was Marco even though it wouldnt have made sense.

Where the Yonkou at tho? Big Mom, lunch lady. Shanks, lazy teacher everyone likes. Kaido, principal.

And they somehow made Mihawk even sexier then normal.

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Holy. Shit. The candy thing has got to be a reference to 4kidz.

I was able to identify most of the characters. Missed Boa, Drake, Pudding and Gin were too low quality to make out for me. Didnt notice the statue was Kyros.

But Rockstar? Fucking really? I thought it was Marco even though it wouldnt have made sense.

D7JwkkTUEAAVZ8F.jpg:large

That looks like Rockstar next to Mister 1.

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
D7KGVBeVsAA-8LR.jpg

Soul King Poster, Sun Pirates Emblem, Momoo, Reverse Mountain and someone on twitter says there's a Mister 9 Baseball club poster.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Eisaku is a great artist. I love his designs for Carole & Tuesday.

His rendition of the one piece cast is equally amusing and jarring given how subtle and grounded his art tends to be versus Oda's fun cartooning.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Where the Yonkou at tho? Big Mom, lunch lady. Shanks, lazy teacher everyone likes. Kaido, principal.

Big Mom would kind of open a can of worms if you think about it. She can't be a teen like everyone else since several of her kids are already here, but putting her as an adult would require us to wonder how she managed to have ~100 kids in an otherwise realistic setting.

(or we could just ignore all that)

I am surprised that Law seems to be missing. Obviously you can only do so much so a few popular characters will get passed over, but Law's basically main cast in popularity and function at this point.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
There was no reason to find a new human design for Chopper, Oda had already drawn a perfect one.
339ksni9s0x01.jpg

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This is just a taste of what's going to happen to One Piece after the series ends, lol.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this. I really don't want to see these characters outside of Oda's style. That's what made some of the movies awkward for me, as some strayed too far.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
i saw this last night and honestly couldn't comprehend what I saw. these are the type of spin offs we need.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
I would love a whole AU special based on this premise. The commercial is gorgeous.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017