• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 26, 2018
You'll probably enjoy this more than an iPhone XR on just a media consumption front due to the higher quality screen. What all do you use your phone for, and have you used Android before?

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x-oneplus-2-oneplus-3-3t-android-pie/

due to the nature of android being open source, you can get the latest versions on your own if you want to put in the legwork or even just use the work of others.
Heck you can see one right here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/development/rom-pixel-experience-9-0-t3863825

Or even if you want an android phone completely free of google? You can on android. https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/general/e-rom-t3842948 You can't get an iPhone without anything of Apple in it can you?
Never used an Android before. I mostly use my phone just to watch Youtube. And I would love to finally play games on mobile because playing the latest games on my 5s is literally impossible at this point. It lagged while playing Pokemon Go when it was released too.

Well, as someone who has the phone right now, it is to me, the best phone I have used thus far. I was using the s6edge since it came out but this phone is awesome. Its a beautiful looking phone, it has a fantastic screen, its really fast, never had a hiccup, its to me the best implementation of android. Its a fantastic phone really. It doesn't have everything mind you; no wireless charging but it has a really fast dash charging. the camera software is not the best but you can install gcam on it.

I was planning to wait until the S10 but I don't really like Samsung's interpretation of Android and this has the "look" of stock Android but with a better implementation. Their implementation of gesture control for example is much better than that of Google's while also giving you the option to use Google's gestures or the classic 3 button. Its around half the price the s10 will likely be and it has among the best spec of the current android phones with enough ram to make sure you never experience any slow down.
I can't comment really on iPhoneXR as I just don't like ioS on a phone. It feels too restrictive for me. But if you are already using an iPhone might like it. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the information. Sounds awesome getting then I bet. Gonna think about it.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never used an Android before. I mostly use my phone just to watch Youtube. And I would love to finally play games on mobile because playing the latest games on my 5s is literally impossible at this point. It lagged while playing Pokemon Go when it was released too.
I'd say get the 6T, you won't regret it especially at this price :)

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Well, as someone who has the phone right now, it is to me, the best phone I have used thus far. I was using the s6edge since it came out but this phone is awesome. Its a beautiful looking phone, it has a fantastic screen, its really fast, never had a hiccup, its to me the best implementation of android. Its a fantastic phone really. It doesn't have everything mind you; no wireless charging but it has a really fast dash charging. the camera software is not the best but you can install gcam on it.

I was planning to wait until the S10 but I don't really like Samsung's interpretation of Android and this has the "look" of stock Android but with a better implementation. Their implementation of gesture control for example is much better than that of Google's while also giving you the option to use Google's gestures or the classic 3 button. Its around half the price the s10 will likely be and it has among the best spec of the current android phones with enough ram to make sure you never experience any slow down.
I can't comment really on iPhoneXR as I just don't like ioS on a phone. It feels too restrictive for me. But if you are already using an iPhone might like it. Just my two cents.
I used One Plus since their first phone and the 6 is probably the best phone they put out. I am currently using Pixel 3XL but aside from the camera software, I much rather have my One Plus 6 back. Actually I am debating selling the Pixel 3XL and get the 6T. Oxygen OS is vastly superior to the horrible UI that is Android Pie. Also people can make fun of 8 gb or 10 gb but unless they got used to the speed of One Plus they will never understand. After using 6, it is quite a jarring to go to Pixel 3XL. The apps on Pixel constantly closed, lag and take so long to open. I definitely still noticed the difference even with Pixel December update.

Last edited:

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I used One Plus since their first phone and the 6 is probably the best phone put out. I am currently using Pixel 3XL but aside from the camera software, I much rather have my One Plus 6 back. Actually I am debating selling the Pixel 3XL and get the 6T. Oxygen OS is vastly superior to the horrible UI that is Android Pie. Also people can make fun of 8 gb or 10 gb but unless they got used to the speed of One Plus they will never understand. After using 6, it is quite a jarring to go to Pixel 3XL. The apps on Pixel constantly closed, lag and take so long to open. I definitely still noticed the difference even with Pixel December update.
Yeah. Its a fantastic phone and the OxygenOS is wonderful. Its fast and yet the animation flourishes are so nice.