• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
I know I am super LTTP, but just finished watching it and goddamn, it was amazing!
Even though the premise seems boring (a hero that can defeat every enemy with one punch), the series has everything. Great action, gorgeous artstyle, it is very funny and the characters are insane and great.
The biggest achievement of the series is, that you really feel with Saitama as you hope that finally an enemy shows up he can't defeat with one punch, only to be just as bored as him about his fights. But to counter the boring fights of the main character, they give a great supporting cast with crazy and imaginative heroes that have really well done fights. The animation and effects are top notch in every episode and it is really a pleasure to watch.
Also the music is amazing.
The faces Saitama makes while his enemies give everything and go on about being super strong will always make me laugh.
one_punch_man_ok.jpg

So, if like me you somehow didn't watch the series until now, you should give it a try.
I hope Season 2 will be as good as Season 1 and I hope it will be up very fast on Netflix.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I finished S1 last night on Netflix, loved it. Not something I would ever normally watch but I really hope more seasons make is on to Netflix soon.

Jul 4, 2018
One Punch Man is amazing, it's a great satire yet the action is better than most of the series it's making fun of. OP you are lucky you don't have to wait that long for season 2. It's been a long wait since 2015 for me.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Check out the author's other work as well, Mob Psycho 100.

And I wouldn't get your hopes too high for Season 2.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
OPM is so enjoyable and I gotta binge it through soon. I haven't watched it in a couple years. I highly recommend MP100, because it's similarly absurd but

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I liked it...but its very one note once you get passed the initial stages of "holy crap so cool"

Mob 100 is actually a far more thought out work as a concept and is written far better with actual characterization.

But dont take my word for much, i dont really follow syndicated anime all that much these days, so i am not aware of the standards of writing quality outside of Type Moon

OP
OP

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Mob Psycho is sadly not on Netflix or Prime where I live :( But definetly interested in this, hope it comes soon.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
OPM is great but like others have said Mob Psycho is so much better. Season 2 is currently running and has one of the best animation sequences I have ever seen. If you can't afford it I might have a 2 day free trial code you can use to try it out.

Edit: Actually i have 3 guest codes if people want them.

Last edited:

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
How do we keep our protagonist out of fights so the fight doesn't end immediately, in a bad and obvious way: the series.

It's like the times in One Piece, where the heroes have to get somewhere, where they use it to fill episodes.
Only here it's the main feature.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Going to say what many others have already. OPM is great, but MP100 is even better. If you have a cable provider to sign in with you can watch it on the Adult Swim app.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when i read the reviews thought lets check this out. Then heard the premise and thought wtf sound so stupid. Then saw it and I was hooked haha

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I dropped MP100 after two eps because I couldn't stand the dude taking advantage of the MC. Maybe I should give it another shot...

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't get your hopes up for season 2, at least not when it comes to its animation. It's being handled by a different studio, a different director etc. and it's not looking likely that it will be as impressive as season 1 is.

Also definitely watch Mob Psycho 100, it's ONE's better work imo and the anime adaptation is incredible.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
nah, mob psycho is not better
now go read ONE's version of the manga before reading murata's version or vice versa
not going to have high hopes on JC staff being able to give OPM season 2 the treatment it deserves, goddamn shame madhouse is no longer doing it

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I dropped MP100 after two eps because I couldn't stand the dude taking advantage of the MC. Maybe I should give it another shot...

Oh god please do.

The character you're talking about is one of the best things about MP100. At the end you'll love him.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
You should. And I'd even go as far as to say you'll love that guy by the end, way before that probably.
(I assume you are talking about his "master").

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
I liked it...but its very one note once you get passed the initial stages of "holy crap so cool"

I still enjoyed it, but I thought it went on a bit too long. It teetered on the edge of being repetitive. The Sea King felt like a good end point, but I'm still thankful we got the rest if only for the final fight. I think Season 2 will be the important point in defining whether they can continue to keep it fresh.

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
I thought the first few episodes were incredibly funny anime parody but later on it became just another anime show and I didn't even bother finishing it
Mob Psycho though, that's a damn good show

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish people would stop doing this every time somebody brings up One Punch Man.

I gotta tell you, as somebody who loved OPM before I ever watched Mob Psycho, it makes you less likely to want to watch, not more.

Hearing MP100 was better made me want to watch it. So much that I jumped it to the head of the queue and binged it in a few days.

Imo MP100 is better, but as OPM is great everyone wins.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was enjoying it until the rapey gay character showed up. I was very displeased with that and have not watched an episode since.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The OPM anime didn't even really get to the best character yet (King). Hopefully the next season can live up to the first but I'm not holding my breath there.

That kind of character archetype is something I usually have no patience for but he's the best thing in it.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I loved it, so many social commentaries and amazing moments with a dark sense of humor. Saitamas internal struggle to be socially cool, but never achieving it even though he is brilliant is a fun take on superheroes.

And now half the posts are about MOB instead.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I rewatched this last week in addition to catching up on Mob. Any other stuff like this? I love those shows.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's fantastic. Great action, funny, solid characters. Can't wait for season 2.

Now go watch the vastly superior mob psycho 100, its by the same author.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I didnt finish the series but, yeah its probably the best anime I have seen. No lame romance in the episodes I saw, no school setting, just raw comedy and a good time. I need to watch the other episodes. I died laughing when the dude thought he missed the sale at the store. That was the last ep I watched.

Oct 27, 2017
One Punch Man is amazing, it's a great satire yet the action is better than most of the series it's making fun of. OP you are lucky you don't have to wait that long for season 2. It's been a long wait since 2015 for me.

Yeah, I loved how it was both a really effective satire as well as a damn good superhero show in its own right. I think there's some good drama around Saitama despite the fact he's so OP, and his naivety is quite endearing.

That character actually turns out to be one of the best things in the show, but I watched it recently and personally didn't think MP100 was nearly as good as OPM.