• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is butchered in practically every category yet I can't take my eyes off it.

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of hating a piece of entertainment, but watching this is pure suffering.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see the context behind these monsters having human characteristics.

There were also some monsters in Season 1 such as Crablante that reminded me of this.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see the context behind these monsters having human characteristics.

There were also some monsters in Season 1 such as Crablante that reminded me of this.

Most every monster was a human at one point with some being animals at one time. There are only like a tiny handful of monsters that are just monsters.

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
Wow. I had no real problem with the animation until now, sure, it wasn't as amazing as season one, but the bar was set so high so I couldn't fault it too much for that. But this episode...the animation (particularly in the Saitama fight) was noticeably awful. If it wasn't One Punch Man I would have stopped watching.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This is a 12 episode season right? I really feel like this season is gonna end on a really weird spot with how much content they're speeding through.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I figured the martial arts tournament would have been almost closing out the season but its around the mid point.

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This is a 12 episode season right? I really feel like this season is gonna end on a really weird spot with how much content they're speeding through.
The tournament arc ends next episode and I don't see the whole cabin in the woods/elder centipede arc being more than two episodes, really if there isn't any filler or recap episodes this season will end in a weird spot

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how many of you watched Sengoku Basara, but this new season of OPM reminds me of that. Production IG did the first 2 seasons of Basara and I really liked it. When I heard they were doing a third season I was excited. Then I found out it was by a different studio and my hype was completely deflated. The third season turned out to have such horrible animation I couldn't continue watching...

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
It was nice seeing more Class S Hero action, especially heroes that we've never seen in action before. Suiryu is incredibly powerful too.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another great episode. Was hoping to see Watchdoggo fight but I guess we'll probably get that next week. Pig God sure is something

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Ok gotta love the episode the way saitama won at the end haha. Also, his impression of martial arts by doing a twirl. Brillaint.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watch them announce Season 3 after the last episode just to fuck us over again. Also everything feels so off...the music and Saitamas VA are the most strange part.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched some S1 clips. Man, "look how they massacred my boy" is apt.
The sound design this season is the biggest offender, tho

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
That little flop of saitama onto the one half of the cracked ring was beautiful. You know, the whole motion bluring thing is something i only register as "hey its that thing people on era dont like" and otherwise i literally don't notice cuz they're quick and unimportant. To my eyes there were some really well animated moments here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
That little flop of saitama onto the one half of the cracked ring was beautiful. You know, the whole motion bluring thing is something i only register as "hey its that thing people on era dont like" and otherwise i literally don't notice cuz they're quick and unimportant. To my eyes there were some really well animated moments here.
Quick and unimportant. Like the tournament itself.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the pace they're speeding through this season they'll land right where the manga is right now.

Murata didn't finish the arc so far. It's feels close to ending but i don't really see him finish it before the season is over.

So they'll go ahead a few chapters or Murata is hard at work to get this done in time.

A season 3 isn't on the cards realistically. They would either have to wait for Murata to create more chapter (this would take years) or use the original web-manga but without the cool Murata art to butcher.

Oct 28, 2017
Atomic Samurai was one of my favorite characters in season 1. I really liked how his fight was animated. This version of him was just sad to see.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
At the pace they're speeding through this season they'll land right where the manga is right now.

Murata didn't finish the arc so far. It's feels close to ending but i don't really see him finish it before the season is over.

So they'll go ahead a few chapters or Murata is hard at work to get this done in time.

A season 3 isn't on the cards realistically. They would either have to wait for Murata to create more chapter (this would take years) or use the original web-manga but without the cool Murata art to butcher.

Murata is nowhere near finished with the current arc. There is a year or more of material left, probably more.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So we're getting a cliffhanger or an anime-only ending.

No anime only ending. It will end after a certain fight and that will be it. The arc just won't be complete at all so depending on what the committees plans are we will get either Season 3 as soon as the arc is finish in the manga or nothing at all.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No anime only ending. It will end after a certain fight and that will be it. The arc just won't be complete at all so depending on what the committees plans are we will get either Season 3 as soon as the arc is finish in the manga or nothing at all.

Wow... that's something.

Is that normal in anime-terms? Just stopping 2/3rds of the way through?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow... that's something.

Is that normal in anime-terms? Just stopping 2/3rds of the way through?

Nowadays it's normal and back then we had way more anime only endings even for manga. Now it's more like that you won't ever see the full story for light novel or manga adaptions on screen, because those mediums are just there to promote the books. :) Just read the manga and listen to the OST.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
My 10 yo niece saw me watching OPM S2 and asked me about Garou. I showed her the scene of him as a kid watching TV and she identified with him.
Should i be worried, ERA?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the episode, the Saitama final fight was genuinely funny, him doing that stupid ass shuffle was hilarious.

We need a gif.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Well that fight was unintentionally hilarious. I died at the part where Saitama was floating in the air and landed on one half of the ring. But it looked like someone was dragging and dropping a clip art lol

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Credit where it's due, that episode had me laughing multiple times with the Saitama antics.
Feels weird that Saitama focus is almost like an unexpected treat this season.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So out of the boredom of being bedridden the last few days I decided to finally binge One Punch because I had been meaning to and my fucking god I think this might be the most fun I have had watching an anime since I first started watching My Hero. There was literally not a single episode of the entire series so far where I didn't laugh out loud at least once.

Saitama might be the best comedically written hero I have ever seen lol

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Saitama might be the best comedically written hero I have ever seen lol

as much as i like one punch man, most of the humor is pretty classic in term of a shonen parody imo... i don't say it didn't make me laugh, but i've seen way better in that category

if you want something comical with the same kind of setting, i really recommend you Tentai Senshi Sunred, full on sentai parody mostly based on humor rather than action, it's all on youtube (but i'm sure you can find a better quality one) and it's only 10 minute an episode :

and even then, it's only speaking of super hero parody... there's even more if you expend the genres

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
The music that played when Haragiri revealed himself to be a monster and threatened Atomic Samurai was really good, but it ended very quickly.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Well that fight was unintentionally hilarious. I died at the part where Saitama was floating in the air and landed on one half of the ring. But it looked like someone was dragging and dropping a clip art lol
I mean there are a lot of parts in that fight that are supposed to look underwhelming

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

The original webcomic's art gets really cool around this time. It would have been interesting if the whole anime had been based a bit more off that, like what was done with Mob Psycho 100

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I could deal with the fact that the animation was only ok but man some of the art is terrible and the decisions throughout really detrimental to the overall product. Orochi looks like he's made out of chewed bubblegum, the sound effects are not only weirdly muted for a city leveling battle but sometimes there aren't even any for what's corresponding on the screen, the editing almost seems arbitrary with no rhyme or reason and the pacing is crazy. Nothing is given any room to breath and they truncate what were already short scenes in the manga. Might

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
as much as i like one punch man, most of the humor is pretty classic in term of a shonen parody imo... i don't say it didn't make me laugh, but i've seen way better in that category

if you want something comical with the same kind of setting, i really recommend you Tentai Senshi Sunred, full on sentai parody mostly based on humor rather than action, it's all on youtube (but i'm sure you can find a better quality one) and it's only 10 minute an episode :

and even then, it's only speaking of super hero parody... there's even more if you expend the genres

i just want to go ahead and hard second Tentai Senshi Sunred. the show is wild and a real treat. if anyone is on the fence and not sure, or IS sure about finding something new and easily digestible to watch, give it a go.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just popping in here to ask how the general consensus of this season has been. I know a lot of people thought it wasn't gonna be as good because of talent changes. I haven't watched any of it yet. Is it on par with season one?

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just popping in here to ask how the general consensus of this season has been. I know a lot of people thought it wasn't gonna be as good because of talent changes. I haven't watched any of it yet. Is it on par with season one?
No. It's not horrible or anything, but season 1 is in another league. Think of every major fight in season 1, how they're animated and how they're executed. If they were made to season 2 standards, they would be reduced to a handful of still images showing one or two hits and then the aftermath of the "fight." Season 2 is about as low budget as it gets.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

S1 is better in just about every relevant aspect, including humor and Saitama screentime.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. It's not horrible or anything, but season 1 is in another league. Think of every major fight in season 1, how they're animated and how they're executed. If they were made to season 2 standards, they would be reduced to a handful of still images showing one or two hits and then the aftermath of the "fight." Season 2 is about as low budget as it gets.
S1 is better in just about every relevant aspect, including humor and Saitama screentime.
K thx. Still looking forward to watching it. Sad they couldn't continue keeping the quality they had with season one. Oh well

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apparently Murata's father passed away recently, which caused delays for the manga. But it seems a new chapter will be out this week or next