• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
It is a snippet taken from a Donald Glover stand-up special (titled "Weirdo"). The collar pull (which is what he is doing) is an age old piece of body language that indicates discomfort. An exaggerated version of the collar pull is often used for comedic purposes. In this instance, it is being used as a gesture of "dramatic irony" (a narrative device for when the reader/audience has more information than the character in a novel/play). The implication is that you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

;)

Oh wow i didnt expect this elaboration. Thanks a lot for explaining. :)

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
So finally watched the final episode. A bit anti-climatic for a season finale.

Anyone else think they went for a cheaper studio this season because they knew the current story arc probably wasn't worth the big budget stuff ?

Maybe they'll do a big comeback with visuals next year.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So finally watched the final episode. A bit anti-climatic for a season finale.

Anyone else think they went for a cheaper studio this season because they knew the current story arc probably wasn't worth the big budget stuff ?

Maybe they'll do a big comeback with visuals next year.
The manga isn't far enough ahead for their to be another season right now, and it's gonna be like another year or two before there will be enough material for a Season 3.

We'll probably see S3 in like three years at an absolute minimum, but whether or not it ends up being any better probably depends on how much the good studios have on their plates at the time.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't actually know this was all on Hulu and watched season 2 all thrle way through over a day or two.

I don't remember much from season 1, but was there as little of Saitama in season 1 as season 2? It felt like he's barely in this season.
Pretty much every time he WAS on screen it was hilarious, especially him and King's interactions.

I had heard about the animation downgrades in this season beforehand, and it's definitely noticeable, but I don't know what was going on with the robot people this season. The metal parts on Cyborg Demon or whatever his name is looked absolutely terrible, like those parts were photos hop smeared or something.

I think my big problem was just the pacing. Like I said I don't remember a lot of season 1,but I rember it being paced extremely well with crazy stuff happening every single episode. This one had some moments here and there, but also felt like it dragged a lot too.
The fighting tournament arc felt like it took forever with them cutting to the other storyline going on so much.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been reading this topic and rewatching S1 recently, and I am in the mood to give S2 another go, but it doesn't seem to be widely distributed in English yet and I'm not using any shitty websites like Kiss Anime to watch it.

Anyone know if it available to watch on any streaming services in the UK?

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading this topic and rewatching S1 recently, and I am in the mood to give S2 another go, but it doesn't seem to be widely distributed in English yet and I'm not using any shitty websites like Kiss Anime to watch it.

Anyone know if it available to watch on any streaming services in the UK?
I watched it with English subtitles on Crunchyroll when it aired. I'm not sure if it has the dubbed version, though.