• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Decided to check the episode out after hearing all the praise directed towards it

Nope. Still mediocre for the most part. The sound design and scene direction are so bad half the time, it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a villain get instantly owned for such a typical Saitama reason. I just can't. The comedic timing is on point.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3 is definitely the best so far this season in terms of quality. Also the end of the episode -- I watched that like 5 times in a row. Amazing.

I miss S1 music though. Not very good this time around. If it is somehow the same composer, it doesn't remotely sound like it.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode. I thought for sure that Tank Top Master was giving Garou a good fight but I guess he was just holding back. The ending was pretty funny.

Idk why but I enjoyed seeing seeing King and Fubuki hanging out with Saitama and Genos. It's a nice group. They just need Mumen Rider there for a party

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Is Saitama getting sent off to a tournament so Garo can spend more time being a "real threat" to the rest of the cast?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Thought the fight between Tank Top and Garo was nicely animated too!

Much better than previous weeks at least.

Hopefully it keeps this level of consistency throughout the season.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thought the fight between Tank Top and Garo was nicely animated too!

Much better than previous weeks at least.

Hopefully it keeps this level of consistency throughout the season.

So far, the best scenes were all animated by Kenichiro Aoki. Seems to be a new promising animator, and many people think he will get pretty big in the future.

Problem is, they can't rely on him alone for all the better action scenes, lol. Dude must be working his ass off right now, damn.

It will get pretty interesting from now on. Some sources predict that it possibly goes down hill from now on, because of the production and schedule.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this episode had a few decent cuts, but the episode overall was still wildly inconsistent with plenty of jank. All the decent cuts have basically been just one dude so far. Bless that man, he's trying his best to redeem this mess.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Saitama getting sent off to a tournament so Garo can spend more time being a "real threat" to the rest of the cast?

Can't have Saitama get involved in petty fights. The whole gag is that nobody takes him seriously or expects anything of him, so he needs to take out major threats while nobody is there to witness him do it.

I mean, nobody even knows Boros existed let alone that he would have massacred every hero on the planet if Saitama hadn't defeated him.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well i enjoyed it a lot, obviously the animation is not as good but I watch this show for fun character stuff so I was happy with it

Oh I enjoyed it as well, definitely the best of the season so far. It's just that when talking about quality, it's hard to not factor stuff like visual quality and animation into that, at least in my mind :)

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One Punch Man grabbed me with the holy crap animation, and kept me with the humor. This second season still has the humor. So I'm good.

The show still has my interest. Ep. 3 was legit funny. I'm just tuning down my expectations for the animation / art direction. It's really not fair to compare to the first season. It's night and day difference. The first season had almost OVA / movie quality animation. This has the typical shonen tv stuff. And that's fine. It's fine. It will be fine.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wow! Never thought we'd see that kind of animation come back to OPM after the past couple of episodes.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good episode

Maybe all the fights should take place at night for the rest of the season.

My only gripe is that I wish they had named all the guys in the tank topper crew because I always got a kick out of how stupid that shit is. Tank top hatter, lol.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The tournament seemed to last an eternity in the manga, but I wouldn't be surprised if they really condensed it down to 3-4 episodes in the anime with some montages. We'll see how long the Metal Bat fight actually lasts next episode as an indicator.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The last part of the recent episode was so sublime I had to watch over and over. 😊

When does the dubbed version come out?

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly even the pacing being the weakest part of the episode is probably because it is being too close to the manga. Here the chapters already started to be scarce and they feel somewhat disjointed when put together.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Episode 2 was beyond amazing, the Art is way better than the 1st season at least.

Edit: sorry i meant episode 3.

Last edited:

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
That was the best episode yet, especially in terms of animation/direction. I hope episode 2 is the exception.