• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
No Spoilers from ether the Manga or Webcomic, this thread is specifically for the discussion of season 2 of the anime, if you are going to reference anything that happened in the Manga or Webcomic then make sure to tag those spoilers

One Punch Man season 2 is an anime by J.C. Staff that's based on a manga drawn by the very talented Yusuke Murata of Eyeshield 21 fame. The story is written by ONE of Mob Psycho 100, the original creator of the webcomic on which it is based. One Punch Man chronicles the life of Saitama, an overpowered superhero who has grown bored by the lack of a real challenge. While he lazes about, the Hero Association for which he works desperately attempts to contain threats to humanity.

One Punch Man season 2 is currently a Hulu exclusive that premiers every Tuesday

Crunchyroll announced that the second season hits Crunchyroll in the following territories: Europe, excluding French Speaking Europe and German Speaking Europe, and MENA.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...es-one-punch-man-animes-new-season-for-europe

Characters:
images

Saitama aka Caped Baldy

A Hero for fun and the Main Character of this story, he defeats his enemies effortlessly with one Punch

Genos
images

Saitama's disciple, a Cyborg out for revenge

images

Tatsumaki
Tatsumaki looks like a child but she's actually older the most of the main cast! Despite her small stature, she is the greatest telekinetic on the planet and easily one of the strongest characters in OPM. She also has a huge inferiority complex so she's liable to toss aside anyone who gets in her way, hero or villain alike.

images

Silver Fang
The premiere martial artist of the Hero Association, Bang is the master of Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist. He routinely tries to recruit both Saitama and Genos to his dojo without much success.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
absolutely love OPM, both original run and murata's
loved season 1
i'm dreading this season 2, i'll check out impressions 1st, if people say it's shit then ima just pass on this
fucking jc staff :<

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bracing myself for cool fights but somewhat horrible animation.

The trailer was bad...

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get hype but the promotional material in addition to the knowledge about the staff changes have me super pessimistic :(

New opening should be banging at least.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The animation is probably gonna suck, but the source material will still be the same. It'll at least still be funny, but man, I hope the action scenes look good.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I expect the best action scene this scene to looks as good as the 'ok' ones from last season at best.

I hope everyone tempers their expectations because this looks like a trainwreck coming in hot. Still at least one's writing will keep things fun.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
the thing about OPM is that Murata does the art so well, if Season 2s animation sucks ass I can just be happy sticking with the manga.

here's hoping.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. What's going on that the animation might be subpar?

OPM was my jam. I'm VERY excited about season 2. Reading that it might be meh vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
ONE had to sacrifice his firstborn to exchange for all of the sakuga that we just got in Mob Psycho. It's a shame, but he made a good trade.

At least the manga still has Murata's godly art.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
So much pessimism in his thread, goddamn. I sure hope it exceeds expectations

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Wait. What's going on that the animation might be subpar?

OPM was my jam. I'm VERY excited about season 2. Reading that it might be meh vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.
The animation won't be as good as season 1 because of a rushed schedule but season 2 will have more story and characters so I l'd still say it'll likely turn out great

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody worried about the animation, but I'm wondering what the season will end up covering

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Season 1 was made by Madhouse not Bones, and it's actually common for animes to not have all their episode finish before the premier, I'm not saying it's good but many shows have similar production schedule and turn out just fine
My fault, I corrected it in my edit (Mob messed me up). While it is true shows can have similar production schedules and turn out fine. Lots of characters are highly detailed in OPM and animation for fights are VERY demanding on time.

Can you realistically expect this
tumblr_nx5ehc1EWQ1qa94xto1_500.gif

To be in an episode?

On top of that shots of animation in the PV already look preeeeety bad. And that was used to ADVERTISE the show. Here is OPM S1 PV for comparison.

I am excited for the new season because of the content it covers but I do want people to prepare themselves.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One Punch Man season 2 is currently a Hulu exclusive that premiers every Tuesday
Where's it being streamed in the UK?
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...es-one-punch-man-animes-new-season-for-europe

Crunchyroll revealed a big addition for Europe this morning with the announcement of the second season of the One-Punch Man anime. The saga of the unstoppable Saitama continues when the series hits Crunchyroll in the following territories: Europe, excluding French Speaking Europe and German Speaking Europe, and MENA.

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
My fault, I corrected it in my edit (Mob messed me up). While it is true shows can have similar production schedules and turn out fine. Lots of characters are highly detailed in OPM and animation for fights are VERY demanding on time.

Can you realistically expect this
tumblr_nx5ehc1EWQ1qa94xto1_500.gif

To be in an episode?

On top of that shots of animation in the PV already look preeeeety bad. And that was used to ADVERTISE the show. Here is OPM S1 PV for comparison.

I am excited for the new season because of the content it covers but I do want people to prepare themselves.

Well I never said I expect the animation to be anywhere near what it was in season 1, I'm okay with mediocre animation as long as the pacing is good

Apr 8, 2018
Finished watching Season 1 last week and it was really great! Can't wait for the premiere today!

Probably a dumb question, but I saw TV Time (TV episode tracking app) listed multiple "specials" that aren't on Hulu or Netflix (Road to Hero, The Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close, etc.). Will I be fine going into Season 2 without watching those?

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Excited to see how it turns out.

Just announced it will be streaming on Crunchyroll in select European countries, at 6:35 pm GMT.

If anyone lives in France or Belgium it will stream on ADN

Crunchyroll revealed a big addition for Europe this morning with the announcement of the second season of the One-Punch Man anime. The saga of the unstoppable Saitama continues when the series hits Crunchyroll in the following territories: Europe, excluding French Speaking Europe and German Speaking Europe, and MENA.
I'll update this into the OP, thank you

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Finished watching Season 1 last week and it was really great! Can't wait for the premiere today!

Probably a dumb question, but I saw TV Time (TV episode tracking app) listed multiple "specials" that aren't on Hulu or Netflix (Road to Hero, The Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close, etc.). Will I be fine going into Season 2 without watching those?
Yes, they are just little comedy short stories with no attachment to the main plot.

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

They're not needed, they're just fun filler episodes

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Even if the animation's rough (hoping it's at least watchable though) the slice of life stuff should be fun to watch. One Punch Man's pretty tame after season 1 for awhile with fights and is more about gags/jokes from memory, though it gets really intense like the first season later.