• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
The season 2 eps I've watched must be a cruel joke then.

Not animation, I'm talking about art only, it's very detailed and love the light effects.

tumblr_pq47k86j4K1s307p6o2_500.gif

one-punch-man-s2-02-large-02.jpg

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
they really captured garo's sinister expressions. and I think that's why i didn't notice the animation differences the way other people did: i have more of an eye for and background with art than i do animation

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
The animation for the second season varies from adequate to high quality, but it doesn't keep the consistency of good to great animation the first season did. I'm enjoying the second season so far anyway, and I have far bigger animation problems with Kemono Friends 2, which tries to emulate the 'budget but with care and emotion' look of the first season, but turns out hollow and soulless instead.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this a lot so far. I have actually gone back and started rewatching S1 and the difference in the quality of the animation is stark, but as I said before I enjoy the characters, scenario and plotlines so much that it's not a deal-breaker. I'm looking forward to the showdown between Bang and Garou.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
There's one thing I don't understand. Why did Garo not kill anyone like he did with everyone at the Hero Association? He even mentioned that he was going to "murder" or "kill" them but they were still alive.

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
There's one thing I don't understand. Why did Garo not kill anyone like he did with everyone at the Hero Association? He even mentioned that he was going to "murder" or "kill" them but they were still alive.
It's a bit of a spoiler if tell but
he's all talk on the murder aspect and he didn't actually kill anyone in the Hero Association meeting

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can clearly see that the animations are not anyway near the quality of the first season but i somewhat like how they try to make up for the lower budget with sound effects. The fight between genos and sonic sounded awesome imo. The effects when genos started to move or when he almost hit sonic felt really punchy. Don't know how to dicribe it but imo they did that for all episodes so far.

Season 1 opening theme is much better than season 2 imo.

Love both but the new one i better imo.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
The reason why Episode 3 was fantastic:

https://twitter.com/jumpaoki?lang=en

He is carrying Season 2 pretty hard.

This scene actually woke my sleeping animation heart up.
Gives me hope for the future.

Saitama and Garou's encounter was one of the funniest I have ever watched in animes.

Same here and I knew it was coming.
Love that the encounter happened so randomly with no fanfare/epicness to it.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If it wasn't for the episode ending I'd almost believe this show had become what it lampooned.
Well here's hoping they can give a fun sendup of the obligatory martial arts tourney, so far I'm more ambivalent questioning the plot than I am about the animation.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3 was actually surprisingly good. Ending was great.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
I actually feel sorry for Garo, he was just trying to protect himself from a newbie and got rekt

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
If it wasn't for the episode ending I'd almost believe this show had become what it lampooned.
Well here's hoping they can give a fun sendup of the obligatory martial arts tourney, so far I'm more ambivalent questioning the plot than I am about the animation.
This arc is basically a very long build-up but worth the wait

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
First two episodes were great, 3rd was amazing.

The battles were very well shown and played out. Although bested would great to see other hero's in action, cool scenes.
Garou is actually a pretty fucking awesome villian so far, love how he is portrayed.
And the ending, rewatched liked 5 times so far just because how comical and perfect it is for OPM, especially realising Saitama was talking about the wigs and not Garou haha.
After S1 I was worried how ANYONE can be a threat after Boros and even though he got 1 chopped I can see him becoming bigger and badder.
I don't see how he can top Boros though...

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Missed the after credits scene as well lol.

Reminded me of what Murata drew for Togashi's 50th birthday (HxH spoilers):

19gr7dwde05y.jpg

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man between Episodes 2 and 3 I watched all of Seasons 1 OVAs, then all episodes of Season 1 and then both Season 2 episodes again. ._. The thirst is real. I was actually seriously sad when Ep 3 ended. Wish I'd had forgotten about Season 2 and then bringing it later this year. The wait is excruciating.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Man, I get that there was a obvious downgrade but I still loving this season so much.

Episode 3 was easily the best so far, that ending...kept rewatching several times over....

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
It's getting better at least.

The post credits was good. The hair animating as Saitama turned his head looked bad in a good way.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Im realizing some of the best moments this episode were the ones that were intentionally poorly animated, like the wobbling banana and saitama's chop

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So where do you guys think they'll end season 2?

I don't see it being the end of the tournament arc, because the big dude gets off-screened. I'm thinking maybe it will end with Saitama King destroying Elder Centipede. Still, while cathartic, there's not much of a climax there on the level of the Boros fight. I don't see how they can match season 1's climax.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
So where do you guys think they'll end season 2?

I don't see it being the end of the tournament arc, because the big dude gets off-screened. I'm thinking maybe it will end with Saitama King destroying Elder Centipede. Still, while cathartic, there's not much of a climax there on the level of the Boros fight. I don't see how they can match season 1's climax.
maybe i'm misremembering, but i feel like they're going to have time to get the entire garo arc in there.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe i'm misremembering, but i feel like they're going to have time to get the entire garo arc in there.
Nah, the manga hasn't even finished his arc yet. Going by the webcomic, there's still quite a way to go. I doubt they'll have pushed the anime past where the reference manga is, since they reference it nearly panel for panel.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

This is the most common complaint about the series. It isn't even very funny after a while.