• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I always forget what day this comes out since it isn't on CR, but I just watched episode 7 during lunch and maaaan, that was a really good one. Hopefully these last episodes have a ton of Saitama and it kicks into high gear.

lbimlnmq9ji21.gif

I remember seeing this fan animation a few years ago and was excited to see how the anime did this fight. Did it even look better than this fan animation? lol
This is incredibly impressive. Whoever that fan is must have a job in the industry.

Dec 4, 2017
The last episode had a pretty major art screwup. When Suiryu cracks the platform in half, Saitama is depicted as still wearing his wig, despite having lost it several scenes earlier. It's made even more obvious when the camera immediately zooms afterwards on wigless Saitama, highlighting the difference even further.

Isn't there supposed to be an animation supervisor which checks the frames for consistency? Shirobako made it seem like keyframes are checked by an animation supervisor for art consistency before being sent to tweening (yet another thing which doesn't happen much in this second season, given the considerable amount of CGI blur used).

Last edited:

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Old eps are free on Prime over here, the quality really took a hit... yoikes, but it's still pretty fun.

The chibi artwork that flashes after the opening are cute as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
as much as i like one punch man, most of the humor is pretty classic in term of a shonen parody imo... i don't say it didn't make me laugh, but i've seen way better in that category

if you want something comical with the same kind of setting, i really recommend you Tentai Senshi Sunred, full on sentai parody mostly based on humor rather than action, it's all on youtube (but i'm sure you can find a better quality one) and it's only 10 minute an episode :

and even then, it's only speaking of super hero parody... there's even more if you expend the genres

That show is terrific btw. Kind binging it after you recommended it. Animal Soldiers!!

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Murata has been killing it lately on the Manga especially this week's chapter.

Season 2's animation on the other hand..

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Should have ended with the punch, decent episode over all, better than the last couple

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, this season officially sucks. This episode had a decent amount of action at least, but the plot still went nowhere.

This show either needs to take a shit or get off the pot with regards to all this monster association stuff.

JulesLove

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's impressive how the animation can get worse with every episode. They don't even show the moment just before a punch lands anymore

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This was terrible compared to the manga, damn I'm disappointed.

We're getting to the point that even an all star team would have trouble keeping up with Murata's incredible work in the manga. One of the upcoming fights is nearly an entire volume in length. Orochi alone if done properly would be some movie level stuff. Right now he looks like the world's biggest piece of already been chewed bubblegum.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
We're getting to the point that even an all star team would have trouble keeping up with Murata's incredible work in the manga. One of the upcoming fights is nearly an entire volume in length. Orochi alone if done properly would be some movie level stuff. Right now he looks like the world's biggest piece of already been chewed bubblegum.

To give context to anime only watchers, that fight includes a 150-pages-long chapter with a shitton of action. Murata's crazy.

Having said that, a decent studio with a decent production schedule should be able to still do much, much better than what we're getting now. There are ways to make action look cool enough even without incredible animation, but what we're getting definitely isn't it.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit... they made One Punch Man feel painfully generic. They did the impossible. How fucking tragic. I thought that the previous episode was moving things in a positive direction, only to have my incredibly low expectations crushed.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit... they made One Punch Man feel painfully generic. They did the impossible. How fucking tragic. I thought that the previous episode was moving things in a positive direction, only to have my incredibly low expectations crushed.

To be fair this is a lowpoint in the manga as well. Things were really dragging even if it was cool to see the other heroes finally do some stuff. It also feels rather redundant considering the stuff that comes up right after the tournament is the same thing but a lot cooler and better handled

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The sounds in episode 8 of One Punch Man are horrific.🤦‍♂️ Who da hell, why tha fuck!! Theirs just too many things wrong with the One Punch Man anime this season. All these scenes I was looking forward to seeing from the manga are so butchered, I can't even pretend to that im enjoying it anymore cuz im not. Im crying inside😢

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen Gouretsku and Nosferatu Zodd in the same place at the same time.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
This is the darkest episode of the season so far. So much hopelessness until Saitama shows up. A really nice way for Suiryu to realise how helpful heroes can be, no matter how weak or strong they are.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
To give context to anime only watchers, that fight includes a 150-pages-long chapter with a shitton of action. Murata's crazy.

Having said that, a decent studio with a decent production schedule should be able to still do much, much better than what we're getting now. There are ways to make action look cool enough even without incredible animation, but what we're getting definitely isn't it.
Wait, what fight is 150 pages long? PM me if necessary

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, this episode was boring as hell. On the verge of dropping it and just rewatch season 1.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I hope One Punch Man seaso 3 is produced by a more capable studio. Please :(

latex

Jul 5, 2018
In a vacuum I kinda really like this episode. The stuff with Suiryu was genuinely great but man, this is not the OPM that I fell in love with. Of course I'm going to finish this season because I want to know what happens but the staggering lack of focus on Genos/Saitama pains me!

I'm anime only, I don't know or care about any of these randoms. I feel like I'm watching a completely different show.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This season sucks so bad. I don't care about any of this shit.

Nevermind the Berserk-tier animation quality. This is genuinely hideous. Maybe it'd be more enjoyable if it wasn't for this shit.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
This season sucks so bad. I don't care about any of this shit.

Nevermind the Berserk-tier animation quality. This is genuinely hideous. Maybe it'd be more enjoyable if it wasn't for this shit.
Tbh this part of the manga coasted by on its godly art more than anything, so if you take that away what's left isn't up to scratch compared to the rest of the series.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
In a vacuum I kinda really like this episode. The stuff with Suiryu was genuinely great but man, this is not the OPM that I fell in love with. Of course I'm going to finish this season because I want to know what happens but the staggering lack of focus on Genos/Saitama pains me!

I'm anime only, I don't know or care about any of these randoms. I feel like I'm watching a completely different show.

It feels like a re-skinned My Hero Academia... with way worse animation.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

This is all straight from the manga but the manga could coast on the fact it's probably one of the best drawn series out there. This is what the manga looked like:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh this part of the manga coasted by on its godly art more than anything, so if you take that away what's left isn't up to scratch compared to the rest of the series.

Yup, this is exactly the reactions I expected. Again, I wholly recommend that people read the manga. You might still be bored, but at least it'll look good.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who enjoyed this episode? I think it's because it's been a while since I read the manga...