• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

One year anniversary of bleach-gate. It's hard to believe this one one year ago. I kind of felt like a few months ago and 5 years ago all at once, if that makes any sense.

Enjoy the next 4 guaranteed years, folks. If we somehow end up with President Ron DeSantis, President Josh Hawley, or President Tucker Carlson, you don't want to say you took the good and normal times for granted.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
You're not fully clean until you're zestfully clean. On the inside.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
The combination of Trump being banned from Twitter and him losing the presidency has made it so he's has zero space in my mind since Biden took over. It's been so blissful. I'm actually not going to rewatch this moment because he's just a source of frustration.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that it's one year, and also like..... April 23, I remember feeling some amount of covid fatigue, like, "man we've been in this for so long and this buffoon is telling us to shoot sunlight into our lungs..."

Other parts of his remarks from that presser that were insane was....

"I'm not a doctor, but I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

...?

Like, at the time this sort of rambling incoherence was normal for Trump, it had been normalized for 4 years, but now, imagine an American president saying this. "I'm like a person thaat has a good you-know-what" when... talking about .. his brain?

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy that it's one year, and also like..... April 23, I remember feeling some amount of covid fatigue, like, "man we've been in this for so long and this buffoon is telling us to shoot sunlight into our lungs..."

...?

Like, at the time this sort of rambling incoherence was normal for Trump, it had been normalized for 4 years, but now, imagine an American president saying this. "I'm like a person thaat has a good you-know-what" when... talking about .. his brain?
When he speaks it's whatever but when you read the transcripts it's like what the fuck is he going on about?

Robotnik

Nov 3, 2017
Most of the time Trump spoke or tweeted, the audience was left to interpret his meaning. His followers could always project brilliance onto his insipid bullshit and conversely his detractors would always assume the worst. I think at some point, when his brain still had a few wrinkles, this may have been intentional. Because it allowed him plausible deniability and the opportunity to take credit for whatever charitable interpretation his supporters would give him in addition to lapping up all the negative media attention.

With time, however, I think he got worse and worse at capitalizing on this.

Jan 29, 2018
If you had asked me when last year that had happened I would've guessed like August or September. April just seems so early because I was already feeling pandemic fatigue when that stupid motherfucker said this shit. Jesus I need a vacation.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
i don't think we should just forget one of the stupidest and most dangerous things a president has said in recent history, during a pandemic that he was actively downplaying and ignoring. But maybe that's just me.

Yeah, Trump is a symptom, not the disease. After suggesting for people to inject bleach and allowing 400,000 Americans to die on his watch, 74 million people (most of them calling themselves "pro life") still voted for him. Trump may or may not be done with politics, but Trumpism is still alive in the GOP, and there are a bunch of people like Ron DeSantis who are trying to carry on his legacy with upcoming elections.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
i don't think we should just forget one of the stupidest and most dangerous things a president has said in recent history, during a pandemic that he was actively downplaying and ignoring. But maybe that's just me.

You're right, but I still wish I could forget it.

But yeah, I know, those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Special Puppy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 12, 2020
Now I remember MAGAs twisting themselves into a pretzel trying to defend this lol

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah, Trump is a symptom, not the disease. After suggesting for people to inject bleach and allowing 400,000 Americans to die on his watch, 74 million people (most of them calling themselves "pro life") still voted for him. Trump may or may not be done with politics, but Trumpism is still alive in the GOP, and there are a bunch of people like Ron DeSantis who are trying to carry on his legacy with upcoming elections.
I also think those people can possibly be more "clear-headed" now about Trump if that makes sense. Now that the cult and fevor around him has faded a bit, people may be a little more open to be critical of his past actions. Maybe not a lot, but maybe some and that could go a long ways in stopping a 2024 successful run.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I can't listen to his incoherent, dementia-laden ramblings anymore. He should be rotting in a high security prison, and we'd probably see more than a million dead by March if he were still president. Just fucking go away.

Oct 30, 2017
The mind boggles that this man was president of the United States and over 70 million people said let's do it again in November 2020.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Nah I don't need to listen to that again, but you be sure I won't soon forget it anyway.

When he speaks it's whatever but when you read the transcripts it's like what the fuck is he going on about?

Seriously. Whenever I've gone back and read transcripts of his speeches/press conferences, it reads like the rambling ravings of a complete madman.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

...?

MAN

WOMAN

CHAIR

TV

PERSON

That's it! I'm the smartest man alive! Can't trust Sleepy Joe, he probably has DEMENTIA!!!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
We really, really don't need to make threads on the anniversary of every stupid thing the former guy ever said.

EDIT: Please don't ban me for thread whining. This is valid topic, it just makes me sad to remember what we we've all been through.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
We really, really don't need to make threads on the anniversary of every stupid thing the former guy ever said.

EDIT: Please don't ban me for thread whining. This is valid topic, it just makes me sad to remember what we we've all been through.

Yes it is nice to not see a million threads about Trump. Once every once in awhile is a nice reminder though.

Trump would try saying anything that "made sense" to him. In the hopes that someone would try it and it would magically work.
"And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do... and I think you said you are going to test that too (looking at Birx)"
Just an utterly insane moment.
It's like he mentioned this shit in a meeting and everyone kind of shrugged it off, but he decided to get up in front of the cameras and repeat his "great idea" to make sure he got credit if it somehow worked.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
He is surely one of the worst Presidents in history, certainly the worst in modern times. Just the absolute worst possible human with zero redeeming qualities to be in charge during a pandemic. And it still goes on today. So much vaccine hesitancy among the right, all due to his lead, including getting his own vaccine in secret and refusing to join the PSA with the other former Presidents.

He wants credit for the vaccines, wants them to be called Trumpcines, but I honestly believe he'd rather see millions of Americans die and his precious stock market collapse, just so he could say, "I told you so. I could have saved you all."

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Come on OP, this thread is so useless lmao

I actually forgot this ever happened

This is literally the second dumbest thing he has ever suggested outside of nuking hurricanes, and it is bad that people *actually tried* chugging bleach afterward because they trusted the leader of their nation.

If anything, it's the best example of how your words really, really matter when leading a country of millions of (impressionable) people

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
It was always hilarious to me, in a dark, depressing way, when he later claimed he was kidding when he said this. Even if he was, (which he very, very clearly was not) why in the fuck are telling jokes at a COVID press conference? That part of the ol' cheerleader routine I guess? Don't want people getting too bent out of shape over the whole pandemic so you brighten their day with a couple goofers? He asked himself how he could best serve the nation and that's what he came up with?

Like goddamn, how are people that far gone?