• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, just bought an s10+ too. RIP me..... wish I knew about this.

Anyone know Amazon's return policy on phones?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
90HZ display is great but worse camera, worse battery life, not as bright or good screen and lack of support and accessories make it a tough recommend. Also, pop up camera is a huge no no

Have there been widespread reports of these pop up cameras breaking or something? Seems like a great idea. I never use the selfie camera.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
that's the thing with one plus phones

they're always fast. one plus 1 phones still feel like new. they are wizards.
If I had to guess, it's because they don't do bloat. You get a Samsung phone, and you can't remove most of it without rooting it. You get it through a carrier and you get even more bloatware!I their OS are trim as hell and my understanding is that there's almost nothing for bloat.

Have there been widespread reports of these pop up cameras breaking or something? Seems like a great idea. I never use the selfie camera.
What Oneplus says is that they opened it and closed it 150 times a day for five years straight. Now, this might be Oneplus blowing smoke, but even half of that would be impressive, though I agree with LTT that they've had great QC in the past.

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
I recently 'upgraded' my phone from the OnePlus 3 to a Samsung S9. I was getting fed up with the shitty camera on the OnePlus 3, so I went with Samsung.
Turns out... the camera is the ONLY thing that is better on the S9. Just about everything else is better on my old OnePlus 3!

Now, I'm kinda regretting my 'upgrade' to the S9. I wouldn't mind switching again back to the OnePlus, but I'm worried about buying the 7 Pro now, only for them to release a 7T Pro in October...

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
90HZ display is great but worse camera, worse battery life, not as bright or good screen and lack of support and accessories make it a tough recommend. Also, pop up camera is a huge no no

For me, the pop-up camera is the only thing that I dislike. I guess that's their answer for removing the notch? (I wish there was a better solution)

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly cant' find a use for wireless charging, it was never an important thing for me.

I'm actually dumbfounded that anyone finds it important, but circumstances differ and all that, heh.

The most common thing to break on anything is the charging port. Also I like to just sit beside bed or on my desk whilst I work and get a trickle charge. Can even get them in some cars now.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any issues with the in display fingerprint? Might get one of these since 7 isn't coming to US.
Depends on what your previous experience is. My last phone was an OP3, and that fingerprint sensor was incredible. This one is considerably more sluggish when it works, and has quite a few more issues reading your finger. It's functional, though .

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching Mr. Mobile's review and there seems to be issues with the cameras being soft and/or having lag. What are the chances that firmware updates will improve on this?

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they will have a T variant this year as the pro is more or less what the T should be.

it's a Chinese company. I can't imagine there not being a T variant.

Think they will finally add wireless charging.

Like what else is left to up charge for lol. the OP7 pro is easily the biggest jump in addressing their weak points yet (along with the price hike).

Oct 29, 2017
No wireless charging and no headphone jack make this meh. I use both very regularly. I'll stick with my S10, although I do honestly prefer the pop-up selfie camera rather than the hole-punch in my S10.

Nephix

Nov 2, 2017
Seems like a decent upgrade to my bloatware-ridden, 2 hour screen on time, with a none-functioning pos fingerprint sensor Samsung Note 8.
Also really psyched about seeing designs without notches - hide that selfie camera or get rid of it completely if you can't, it's hideous otherwise.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Talking about a dynamic variable option, so that its 90hz at times but if it's just on the home screen doing nothing its 60. The current options are just to switch it one way or the other.

It has that, according to The Verge's review. When you're watching a video, for instance, the screen'll refresh at its frame rate.

4 hour on screen time? Nah, I'm good dawg.

Most of the reviews I've seen have specifically praised the battery life, though? Screen on time can vary a lot based on individual usage. Like, sometimes my phone gets four hours SOT, other times it barely breaks two.

The battery life thing isn't an all out win for the S10 - like, from the reviews I've seen, it's probably gonna be better than the 10e or base 10 - and the camera's competitive with even the Pixel's according to The Verge's review at least. As for the screen, well, it's supposed to be pretty fantastic when it comes to brightness and colour reproduction - I haven't seen someone do a direct comparison with the S10 tho - and with the added advantage of the 90hz refresh rate... I dunno, I think you could probably make an argument that the OnePlus is better than or equal to the S10 in all these areas. The S10's definitely gonna win for after sales support and the accessory ecosystem, though. Plus, it has wireless charging, a headphone jack, and an IP rating.

If I were in the market for a new phone right now, I'd probably get the base 7 - the Pro is both too big and too expensive for me - but I definitely see the appeal of this thing.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
I was ready to switch from my pixel 3 xl , hanging on the camera performance. Sounds disappointing from what ive read so far.

Question for 6t owners, how reliable have the gmod ports been?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
It has that, according to The Verge's review. When you're watching a video, for instance, the screen'll refresh at its frame rate.
Their review might be wrong. In other reviews where the options are shown, you set it to either 60 or 90 only and it doesn't vary. The Verge review says it will change refresh rate or resolution dynamically but only the resolution (currently) has an auto switch option.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
looks like a fantastic device from the reviews. thinking of jumping from Pixel 2, my screen is broken and it will cost me $300 to get it repaired.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Somebody knows the SAR of the device?
I have an oneplus 5t and I'm very happy about it, but the high SAR doesn't feel very confortable, even that I know that it's harmless... I would prefer a slightly less value.

Oct 27, 2017
Hidden cameras are the best for me. I rarely selfie so the 10 times a year I pop it up it's like it's not even there. But is there if I really need it

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goshhh. The specs are wonderful, on a oneplus 3t and looking for an upgrade. The hidden camera is a huge plus for quirkiness, but I'm looking for a keyboard. The F(x)tec Pro 1 calls but for a little more the spec difference is crazy ;_;

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, so it is waterproof after all.

But the price here in Malaysia is near S10+

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
For people outside the USA who find the price expensive and want a top camera I would suggest wait till 21st May and see what the Honor 20 pro is saying.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
1+ should stop with this popup camera shit, nobody likes them
shame that 1+ keeps raising the prices of their new flagships, the 1st few 1+ are incredibly cheap compared to their competitors, not just cheaper
4 hours of screen time is terrible

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I can't really say more until my official review is up on the OnePlus community forums but...

This is single handedly the best phone I've ever used. And I've probably owned two dozen since my G1 all those years ago

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is better than an s10, especially with the 90 hz display.

the camera is worse, the battery life is worse and no wireless charging. Those probably matter more than a 90Hz screen to most people.

mechanical flip out camera could be an issue to some but that's ok to me, I don't use it personally. I'd rather have no holes.

Cronogear

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
Are the T-Mobile models different from the unlocked models in terms of bloat, branding, and updates, or is it the same?

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
the camera is worse, the battery life is worse and no wireless charging. Those probably matter more than a 90Hz screen to most people.

mechanical flip out camera could be an issue to some but that's ok to me, I don't use it personally. I'd rather have no holes.
Gcam fixes camera, variable refresh rate should help with battery. Wireless charging is the only "negative" but consider that wireless charging is a huge waste of energy and I personally do not want to add to additional Co2 emissions especially for just because inserting a cable is a little bit inconvenient. But, opinions and all that

curved screen? why oneplus, whyyyyyy
Ugh yeah, this bothers me too.

Oct 2, 2018
Google should be ashamed about the Pixel price after looking at the 7Pro specs and price.

Why should they be? Google is an American company and probably treats and pays their employees properly. Chinese companies aren't playing on the Same playing field

The camera is worse? Interest in this deflated

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm kicking a dead horse but still disappointed about the headphone jack. Damn it looks like a huge phone. Think I might stick with the 5 for another year.

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
Super tempted to trade in my 5T...battery life is a bummer but sounds like vrr could help if/when implemented. HATE there's no headphone jack, I have nice wired headphones I use every day. TBH that's my biggest holdup in upgrading right now.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I bought a OP2 when they came out and... they shit all over everyone who bought that phone. I promised I'd never support them again.

Then this year I bought a OP6. Its fine (and it has a headphone jack!). These look nice.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I don't see a single site talking about the camera so obviously it's just some generic afterthought.
Pass, I'll wait a while and get the Huawei P30 pro when prices drop.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
How is Tmobile in general, I've been using straight talk but my phone broke, and while I could buy the phone outright and stay with them, I think i should just save the money and switch to Tmobile for this, I had an s7 edge so not like my phone was new, I just want a phone that will last me another 2 - 3 years.