• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think I will wait till they talk UK O2 Pricing and go from there. It certainly seems like a solid phone but I just don't know if the price jump is ultimately worth it for me at this point.

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why phone makers are so damn adamant about these bezel-less designs. Just put a thin bezel at the top of the screen for a camera and sensors and no one will complain about it

That's the way the market has shifted and is what seems to interest people the most. That and the camera. Majority of your interaction is with the screen after all.
It was between this and the S10+ and I'm more interested in this due to the lack of bezel and no notch, or hole punch for that matter.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am seriously thinking of getting this phone, i rarely use the front camera, only for video calls, I currently have an iPhone 8 plus and hate the new Apple designs hence why I'm still on the 8, almost got the Galaxy s10+ but the screen punch outs didn't look too good to me, my main concern is getting used to Android after so many years using iOS.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am seriously thinking of getting this phone, i rarely use the front camera, only for video calls, I currently have an iPhone 8 plus and hate the new Apple designs hence why I'm still on the 8, almost got the Galaxy s10+ but the screen punch outs didn't look too good to me, my main concern is getting used to Android after so many years using iOS.

Oxygen OS is imo better than stock Android on pixels. And it's not hard to switch between iOS and Droid. I do it all the time.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why phone makers are so damn adamant about these bezel-less designs. Just put a thin bezel at the top of the screen for a camera and sensors and no one will complain about it
Yup. I think Meizu has one of the best designs. Just look at this:

Meizu-16s-Plus-live-photo-1.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i own a pixel and an ipad so it's genuinely a daily - sometimes hourly - thing

I own an android (forever) and recently got an ipad and I just ignore apple trying to force you into their ecosystem clumsily as much as possible. I just watch YT on the iPad and treat it as a stand alone device.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Which stores? They're on sale already? I thought it was Friday for T-Mobile.

EDIT: Nevermind I think you're saying that stores already have them, they just aren't being sold yet.

You can order it 10AM May 17 online unlocked. Why would anybody order from Tmo unless it was unlocked or you are already on TMO...

From what I've read in a few comment pages the phones ship from the USA, and only take a couple days to arrive once ordered. Also it'll be state dependant, but apparently no sales tax in the state I live which is a pretty nice defacto nearly 10% discount, and free shipping, though I've not ever ordered from One Plus before to personally verify that particularly the latter.

I've also now read a few people online saying One Plus repair service for cracked screens is excellent, which was one of my major worries when looking into this phone.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone seen the water test videos on YouTube? This thing sure last long, a guy had it under water for 30 min! Still working like nothing happened lol

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Meh.
Pretty burnt out on phones. Nothing is new apart from better cameras and the margins for 'better' is getting so tight, its hard to call a clear winner.
I will hold onto my Note 9 for many years to come unless there is a compelling reason to get a new mobile phone.
Granted all phones nowadays are excellent pieces of kit. You really can't go wrong.

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017

Dave Lee reviewed on YouTube while it was submerged in water for 16 minutes. It came out functioning just fine. He even opened the camera under the water. It's not IP rated but it is water resistant.

I held it in my local T-Mobile store today. Felt good in the hand and looks beautiful. It had the clear case that comes in the package so that may have played a part. Loved the look of not having any kind of camera in the front. Its tall and slim. Didn't realized how slim it and other phones are now these days. Would rather have a little more girth personally but all in all I'm looking forward to getting mine.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Dave Lee reviewed on YouTube while it was submerged in water for 16 minutes. It came out functioning just fine. He even opened the camera under the water. It's not IP rated but it is water resistant.

I held it in my local T-Mobile store today. Felt good in the hand and looks beautiful. It had the clear case that comes in the package so that may have played a part. Loved the look of not having any kind of camera in the front. Its tall and slim. Didn't realized how slim it and other phones are now these days. Would rather have a little more girth personally but all in all I'm looking forward to getting mine.

wow just beautiful

Oct 25, 2017
You can order it 10AM May 17 online unlocked. Why would anybody order from Tmo unless it was unlocked or you are already on TMO...

From what I've read in a few comment pages the phones ship from the USA, and only take a couple days to arrive once ordered. Also it'll be state dependant, but apparently no sales tax in the state I live which is a pretty nice defacto nearly 10% discount, and free shipping, though I've not ever ordered from One Plus before to personally verify that particularly the latter.

I've also now read a few people online saying One Plus repair service for cracked screens is excellent, which was one of my major worries when looking into this phone.

I'm already on T-Mobile, and I don't think I would want to pay the whole 700 at once, I haven't decided completely yet though.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
For what it's worth, I wasnt impressed with the camera when I received my 7 Pro a few days ago, but an update came through today that really increased the quality.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, I wasnt impressed with the camera when I received my 7 Pro a few days ago, but an update came through today that really increased the quality.
Yeah. The DxO camera review mentioned as much. The update seriously increased the quality of the camera. Wonder if any of the reviews knew about it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Interesting.. Hopefully someone covers the changes, since the camera being solid was a big factor for me picking up the Pro.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting.. Hopefully someone covers the changes, since the camera being solid was a big factor for me picking up the Pro.
You can read the dxo review. Its a great camera. They rate it as 111 while the highest rated camera phones there are the P30 Pro and the GS10plus with 112. The noted that an update would be made available to consumers as the phone launches. From the reply above it is apparently available today.

Oct 27, 2017
I would be careful about getting the phone from TMO if you care about getting software updates directly from OP. The OP6T was locked down to 1 SIM and didn't even launch with the latest version of their OS so it was missing some of the features they showed off in the reveal for that phone. I ended up trying the phone for a week and decided it wasn't worth those limitations and returned it and went back to my OP6.

Personally, I would only buy it direct from OP.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for this phone. On a Pixel 3XL that runs like crap right now. OnePlus always has great performance.

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
4gb of ram in this day and age? Phones from 2015 were coming with 6gbs.

Google's software optimization may be pretty good but with that smallish battery and the way they introduce more and more apps that constantly need to check the background for info, 4gb of ram seems less than ideal.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still pissed OP basically abandoned the original OPO after two years and didn't provide any software updates after that. Rooting and installing LineageOS should not be a solution. It's the reason I went with Apple this time around. Even though iOS is nowhere near as good as the latest versions of Android at least the phone will get updates for several years afterwards. That being said the phone looks great but wish they made one with a smaller form factor.

OP
OP
Schlep

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Any ideas for a thread title? Would like to change the name of this one to the best idea, but can create a new one if needed.

OnePlus 7 Pro |OT| <insert best idea here>

madmook

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
What version of the OS is it now? I noticed in reviews it was 9.5.2.

How does the screen look when set to 1080p mode? Is clarity significantly affected? I've not used a 1440p phone yet.