• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this a test?

• Now i'll watch the anime but won't touch the game

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Thanks but i already have my remaster

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Ew 3D

Votes: 70 25.1%
  • Capcom really hates Dino Crisis huh

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • Give me more Onimusha. Always.

Votes: 118 42.3%

• Total voters

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

View: https://twitter.com/NetflixAnime/status/1573896580507344896?t=P1-iBN9D_qH2OoXX5ZbdOg&s=19

Out of nowhere.

I guess the test...led to something then?

20220925-021358.jpg

20220925-021400.jpg

20220925-021403.jpg

20220925-022009.jpg

20220925-021355.jpg

Last edited:

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind 3D animation, but this looks a little flat and kinda gross. Still, I'm here for anything Onimusha. Hopefully this isn't all from the series we're getting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda...REALLY WEIRD to base a character model off of an actor who died over two decades ago.

Rango

Oct 29, 2017
this can only mean a new onimusha game is in the works based on that leaked list

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Did they pay for Toshiro Mifune's likeness or something? I have to assume they did, no way Netflix would be able to get away with that otherwise.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm... intrigued, but Dragon's Dogma was bunked. This at least has a lot more potential in my opinion.

Speaking of Capcom anime adaptations, whatever happened to that DMC show that had folks from the Castlevania series involved?

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Love the games & I'm a big fan of Miike's films. Not really into anime anymore though.

Hope it turns out well, I'll give it a shot.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The piece of shit that bought the DMC rights "so the wrong people don't get them" and ended up doing nothing with them for basically 10 years is starting to get on my nerves. Not gonna lie.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
1. Ew it's 3D.

2. I'm not an Onimusha expert but why is this not starring the protag from the games?

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Ooh, hope this means Capcom is interested in using the IP again. At least some remasters of the rest of the games would be nice.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The piece of shit that bought the DMC rights "so the wrong people don't get them" and ended up doing nothing with them for basically 10 years is starting to get on my nerves. Not gonna lie.

Uh... I mean a quick google search reveals that the Season 1 script was done and the show went into production in early this year. So like, I don't know, chill?

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
if this is by the same animation studio as dragons dogma its gonna have some seriously bomb ass actions scenes and a bunch of really bad looking ones

some of the dragons dogma shit is REALLY impressive, like unbelievably so because most of the show looks bad bad

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Uh... I mean a quick google search reveals that the Season 1 script was done and the show went into production in early this year. So like, I don't know, chill?

973944.jpg

Yeah well how about you google search again and find out that he got the rights over 5 years ago "to prevent others from adapting it" and then got a horrible writer to write the script recently.

And now it's the age of shitty 3D CG animes so who knows what it's even going to look like.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
973944.jpg

Yeah well how about you google search again and find out that he got the rights over 5 years ago "to prevent others from adapting it" and then got a horrible writer to write the script recently.

And now it's the age of shitty 3D CG animes so who knows what it's even going to look like.

I mean your first post said: 10 years ago, and last I checked, 2018 was 4 years ago.

Also from what I can tell the writer whose on the show has written 1 movie that got good reviews, wrote some episodes of an anime that got... pretty decent reviews and another show that hasn't released yet lol What makes them a horrible writer?

Also it's probably going to end up being animated by the same people who animated Castlevania.

Just seems way too aggressive for like no reason lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean, if this even remotely leads to some sort of revival for the series, I'll be happy.

Still can't believe they only did a remaster for the first game. That absolutely needed to be a $40 remaster collection of the original trilogy.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Am I going crazy or did they not announce a DMC one like 3 years ago from the makers of Castlevania?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
If this means a new game is coming, cool.

Honestly there's so many different directions you could go with a new Onimusha. Every flavor of From's games(Souls/Sekiro/Elden Ring) could be a new Oni template. Oni 2's relationship/branching system could be expanded. There's the question of tone, whether it's more Oni 1 dark and atmospheric or more DMC-esque over the top like DoD. What IS a modern Onimusha?

Oni games have a special place in my heart, as a kid I was completely enraptured with the sense of "real" Japanese history mixed with surreal horror and magic. A lot of my tastes probably got crystallized through those games.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who the crew is behind this one, but still I'm hesitant after Dragon's Dogma's adaptation.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I'll take anything Onimusha at this point. Even if it leaves me in a place of purgatory between always wanting a new game and knowing its never going to happen 🤡

Kitano

Mar 28, 2019
Please be fucking good. Onimusha is a hell of a game to be kept hiding like this.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have known it was supposed to be Onimusha if not for being told it was.

Also, I haven't bothered buying the Onimusha 1 remaster with the crappy new soundtrack but none of the Genma Onimusha content and I'm not going to either (I have all four of the PS2 originals, so I'm good).