• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yeah seems to be a pretty good group going right now, and since it's not a super long grind people aren't going stir crazy so no complaints here. I'm thinking about trying to hand off this session to someone else to manage so I can stop the PSN notifications lol
Fisty I def recommend to mute the notifications but keep them on so you can still see the chat.

I had to do it. My phone buzzing all the time was making me go nuts.

Thanks again for pulling in a bunch of people. Again, I happened to be on reserve but ended up with non Era PS members and man that was so cool just because there are so many nice people out there that aren't in this community. I will ask them to join of course. They need to be here with us. Sadly though most of their time is grinding trophies LOL.

If I finish this Evo Valkyrie trash trophy of rank 50, I will go back and help with RIGS. It's not so bad but you need a dedicated group for like 8 solid hours.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Fisty I def recommend to mute the notifications but keep them on so you can still see the chat.

I had to do it. My phone buzzing all the time was making me go nuts.

Thanks again for pulling in a bunch of people. Again, I happened to be on reserve but ended up with non Era PS members and man that was so cool just because there are so many nice people out there that aren't in this community. I will ask them to join of course. They need to be here with us. Sadly though most of their time is grinding trophies LOL.

If I finish this Evo Valkyrie trash trophy of rank 50, I will go back and help with RIGS. It's not so bad but you need a dedicated group for like 8 solid hours.

Trophy boosters are some salt of the earth gamers, met a lot of great folks through boosting sessions. I just LOVE comparing battle scars, during our RIGS boost everyone was talking about how bad Doom's boost was. Then I mentioned Bioshock 2 just to hear everyone groan loudly LOL

Also yeah definitely muted notifications since those EU folks love to get up early and start blasting the chat haha

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
In general, is it a big development lift to implement a peer hosting system? Sure would be nice to have that for when game official servers are taken offline, for any game.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Just a heads up, both Killzone servers are still up, in case anyone is trying to get a last minute trophy.

I tried to get into Rigs online, but gave me a DNS error, so not sure on that.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Didn't Nintendo shut down Splatoon 1's servers barely 2 years after the game's release?
No, they're still active and pretty populated for a Wii U game

The SplatNet stuff that shows stats and friends online status however has been closed, though the game is still fully playable online, just with a few missing features

and frankly I'd rather have missing features over a completely unplayable game

Last edited:

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
All the servers for Killzone Shadowfall/Killzone Shadowfall Intercept/Killzone Mercenary/RIGS are now dead.

Congrats to everyone who got the online trophies done for all those games - good night sweet prince to Killzone. Killzone Shadowfall was unfairly maligned and I found it to be a great game/campaign.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Got all the online done for Mercenary and Shadowfall. Buddy of mine got Aces High on the last update. Gunna take a break from video games this weekend haha.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
RIP Killzone: Mercenary, probably the most technically impressive Vita game, and a great game to play too. Botzone's still a bunch of fun (I farmed a 100 matches and had fun the entire time).

BrightUnevenGerbil-size_restricted.gif

Also, RIP Guerrilla Cambridge, I've only played three of their games, but absolutely loved two of them (MediEvil and KZ:M) and I can respect Primal for its originality.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
... Killzone Shadowfall was unfairly maligned and I found it to be a great game/campaign.
I am sorry but the campaign premise is so dumb I can't believe same studio gave us amazing HZD (I think they hired fallout Vegas writer for that?): you gave half your planet to the people whom you defeated... Lol

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I wonder if Killzone ever gets a revival. Never has a huge fan, but Killzone 2 at least was solid. And PS can use a big first party FPS, especially post Acti-Blizz deal. I guess they have Destiny but that stays everywhere and doesn't feel like a first party game really.

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if Killzone ever gets a revival. Never has a huge fan, but Killzone 2 at least was solid. And PS can use a big first party FPS, especially post Acti-Blizz deal. I guess they have Destiny but that stays everywhere and doesn't feel like a first party game really.
I just don't know how much mainstream appeal a franchise like that has.

There's a huge market for modern warfare combat clearly evidenced by COD and sometimes Battlefield.

There's a huge market for over the top cartoony/ hero shooters evidenced by Overwatch and Fortnite.

But Killzone is sort of a gritty, semi-futuristic aesthetic similar to COD Advanced Warfare. I just don't know if that appeals broadly. As cool as the Helghast are, their appeal to me also seems limited.

I'd rather SOCOM be rebooted and capture that Rainbow Six type magic of tactical team work while also appealing to that military shooter crowd.