• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, first sign of any difficulty and the Avengers are willing to trade lives.

In all fairness, I was mostly joking, I don't wanna throw anyone else into the Thanus again.

In terms of the challenge, maybe the stone is in Mars? I mean, Doom takes place in Mars and the text is red like the planet Mars.

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys can get 75 votes together you can trade lives again, but you'll only get another hint.

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah, you could also join with Doom. That's also an option, but who doesn't like trading lives?

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I think I got it. Doom takes place in Mars, the text color was a red similar to Mars, Mars is the name of Roman God of War, the God of War in Norse Mythology is Oden who is the father of Thor. We must find them, for they have the stone! Quickly gang, we must go to Thor 2: The Dark World!

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
You guys wanted a harder challenge. You made fun of the maze. Now look at you, bumbling around without a clue.

This is pretty funny to me, I must admit.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You guys wanted a harder challenge. You made fun of the maze. Now look at you, bumbling around without a clue.

This is pretty funny to me, I must admit.

You may be laugh now, but we took the Happy Meal toy from you when you were busy cutting out the maze from the box. We'll be willing to trade it for another hint.

41HMb7k3umL._SX425_.jpg

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't join up with losers so joining Doom is off the table for me, you all have fun though.

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I don't join up with losers so joining Doom is off the table for me, you all have fun though.
Well, you got three options as I see them

Figure it out yourself and win all the glory
Trade lives for a clue
Join with Doom and hope you aren't steered wrong

Personally I'd just go with the first one, but you're the avengers so you'll probably trade lives

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, you got three options as I see them

Figure it out yourself and win all the glory
Trade lives for a clue
Join with Doom and hope you aren't steered wrong

Personally I'd just go with the first one, but you're the avengers so you'll probably trade lives

You missed option 4

Continue to shrug my shoulders and move on because I'm not dead. I don't actually need to save anyone.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So we got 2 clues, have we established which these are?

Option 1: "All hope lies in Doom" and that "what would happen if we would joined forces with Doom" post.

Option 2: ColdSun posted 2 Doom gif's. Though that could simply be to mock us.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I'm all for figuring it out ourselves, but what are we even looking for? I spent a while digging through profiles, post histories and threads related to doom the game or the character or avengers stuff and didn't see anything, even poked around the doom twitter and found nothing.

The comics have tons of lore in it but how any of it translates into a tangible answer, especially one that b-dubs is able to put there, is beyond me.

And this thing about "latvera," well it's not another place or thread, it's this thread.

Last edited:

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm all for figuring it out ourselves, but what are we even looking for? I spent a while digging through profiles, post histories and threads related to doom the game or the character or avengers stuff and didn't see anything, even poked around the doom twitter and found nothing.

The comics have tons of lore in it but how any of it translates into a tangible answer, especially one that b-dubs is able to put there, is beyond me.

And this thing about "latvera," well it's not another place or thread, it's this thread.
Yeah I've read some lore among other things as well. Doom does kill Thanos at one point, so there's that. Latvera is a spoof name for Latveria I believe.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I did a search for the word hope on posts from Doom and he seems to be in a lot of NFL threads. Probably irrelevant.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
We don't even know what we're searching for. Like, the lore regarding "all hope lies in doom" doesn't have anything that's stands out what I can see. All I found is Doom sometimes does good deeds. Doom and some Avengers have teamed up before, Doom has saved Captain America once and Doom has killed Thanos.

So.. should we join the ranks of Doom?

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, you can have another hint. You're searching for the time stone.

Just think about that for a bit. What can the time stone do?

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
As someone who was too chicken to take part in the original game this thread is still an endless source of amusement for me. And now I have Cher stuck in my head.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
would you care to joiN with doom to Spare yourself and rulE at my side?

i call bullsHit this is orangE!

Mods!

i shall bE calling this place latVera

btw.

i'm gonna fuck with the algoritHm and use it to usurp power by snapping out all the mods/admins and Taking command.

doom is coming to Era

yOu'll fAll with the resT.

you'll fall last... i shall make sure of it.... call iT my grand finale.

Excelsior (Doom's) first posts in the thread have been changed to put capital letters in them.

Make sure you've found every post with cap letters (I think they're all in the first few pages) They'll either spell out a message or need to be unscrambled.