• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Day 2 begins, prepare yourselves
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
    General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    e38a19d90231.gif

We're closing in on 800 tributes as the Infinity Stones are gathered. Are so many truly willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of balance?

Day 3 begins, witness the power of the stones
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    The time grows ever closer, soon balance shall be restored. Gaze at the power of the infinity stones and know that 474 of you will sacrifice yourselves so that we may attain balance.

day 4 starts, the promised time draws ever closer
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    GenuineFlawlessLeech-small.gif

Watch as the power of the stones allows me to manipulate time. Though this post appears two hours later than normal, it is actually occuring in exactly the right place in the timeline. There is no event I cannot change, no enemy I cannot defeat, no strategy I cannot break.

Over 1000 of you stand against me, but soon half of your number will be as dust and the universe shall finally achieve balance.

Know that the hour of Thanos comes soon and that salvation is at hand.

day 5, all of reality bends to my will
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    e1a3fcfa752b2bc3eb2144e1b13c907d8fbfc3f1r1-840-473_hq.gif

My power grows with each stone that enters my possession. I will save the universe from the endless expansion that threatens it. None of you have the force of will to stop me. Look at how you all line up to help me, you know that this is the only way.

day 6, soon it happens
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    visiongif.gif

While I prepare for the cleansing, my minions continue to gather the stones. Though their power does not rival my own, they are far too strong for any of you to stop.

Know that the time comes. You cannot stop me.

Do you have a count of participants so far? This is pretty cool
    Closing in on 1100. It's slowed down significantly since the first day.

day 7, the final stone. sign-ups end, snap announced.
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    tenor.gif

The last stone is finally mine. Finally you shall all see the full power of the stones. Balance shall be restored to the universe and you shall all become children of Thanos.

Sign-ups are officially closed.

For the 600 of you about to be banned know this: your sacrifice has brought balance to the universe.

The snap will occur at 12 PM Eastern Standard Time on April 2nd. It will be livestreamed, so that you can see your fate.

Choose the tags and avatars for the mods
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    anigif_sub-buzz-18943-1525213673-10.gif

Given the mods who signed up are unable to be banned, there is a special fate planned for them. All of you will choose their tags and avatars if they are snapped. They will wear them for the duration of the snap (until April 26th).

Put forth ideas and suggestions for tags and avatars for those mods who will be snapped. The best shall be chosen.

Know that Thanos does not discriminate in any way. All are subject to the power of the stones.

Snap Livestream, event starts at 12 PM EST April 2
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    UglyValuableLemur-size_restricted.gif

The time comes. Eighteen minutes until you all learn your fate and balance is restored.

Since twitch chat cannot be disabled it has been set to subscriber and emote only. If you want to chat then do it in here.

Rejoice, for soon you shall become children of Thanos.

Last edited:
    Mod Avatars
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    Information
    A REMINDER: USERS STILL NEED TO CHOOSE AND VOTE ON AVATARS FOR THE MODS THAT GOT SNAPPED.

Take the fight to Thanos!
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    7z5q4a7uz0911.gif

Now that balance has been restored I can go off and do farming or whatever it is people who have killed billions do. But do you forgive? Do you forget?

Now is not the time of Thanos, but the time of AVENGERS.

In that spirit, and to show how much better than you Thanos is, I give you the opportunity to defeat me. Starting tomorrow there will be a series of challenges for you to overcome. You have a day to prepare yourselves Avengers.

Can you avenge the fallen or will you too become children of Thanos?

Challenge 1: Navigate the THANUS
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    The battle against Thanos has begun, it's not been going great, let's be real. Thanos is just so much better than all of you.

CoolLastingIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif

But then Hawkeye and Ant Man teamed up and did this...

original.gif

The problem is that instead of punching Thanos in the face, Ant Man wound up going into his mouth and down his throat. So now he's a bit trapped and needs to find his way out.

Can you help Ant Man navigate the insides of Thanos? Can you help him escape? Can he defeat Thanos from the Thanus?

escape_from_thanus.jpg

Navigate the maze and help Ant Man before he's digested. Please, it's gross in there and he wants out. So help him out, will you?

CHALLENGE 2 - GATHER THE SOUL STONE
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    Ant Man's escapades haven't killed Thanos, but they have weakened him greatly. They've also scattered the Infinity Stones! This is the chance you've been waiting for!

Now, you have no idea where most of the stones are at the moment, but you sure know where one is.

You all fly off into space to a very specific planet and meet this guy:
    tumblr_pcpqkhS0d41x0bvwko2_500.gif

Cap isn't exactly happy about this, but he'll have to suck it up.

He tells you that in order to gain the Soul Stone you need to sacrifice one of your number. One of the Avengers has to die!

So your challenge for today: pick one of the Avengers to receive a ban until the 26th of April. Unlike the snap, there's no coward's way out of this one. If you take it, you're staying banned for the duration. In order to make the choice 100 Avengers must agree on the user.

Are you willing to do what is necessary to save the Fallen?

Good-bye Anustart
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    It is done. Anustart is banned and the Soul Stone is yours. Did you make the right decision? Only time will tell.

tumblr_pcpqkhS0d41x0bvwko2_500.gif

The Red Skull does tell you this: the stones were not destined to be gathered by Thanos. His existence is an aberration, unnatural. The universe wants you to set things right.

Unsure if you can trust him, you begin the hunt for the next stone: the reality stone.

Challenge 3: Gain the Reality Stone
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    03-c-3000-bce-the-convergence.gif

The Avengers have done it! They've managed to track down the location of the Reality Stone, but in order to get it they need to trigger the Convergence. But how can they do that?

In order to gain the Reality Stone you must make Avengers memes. These memes however, are not to be posted in this thread at all! You can't claim ownership in any way. If you do, you'll join the Fallen for the duration. They are to be sent directly to me. After 3 days pass, I will present all of the memes you have created and you will vote on the best one. If 30 of you are able to agree on a meme, you will gain the stone. The person whose meme it is might also get something at the end of all this.

Last edited:
    challenge 3: voting begins
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    tumblr_mgel5u9QFm1r011uqo1_500.gif

It is time. The memes shall be posted, but it will be done over a series of posts given the number of entrants.

Challenge 5: the space stone
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    tumblr_o9pm5bI1Kc1sbtt2jo3_540.gif

To gain the space stone, you have a fairly simple task: find a picture of the tallest mountain in the solar system.

Challenge 6: Get help! Get the Power Stone!
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    Avengers, as it turns out, you cannot actually defeat Thanos on your own. You need help! A lot of it. As it turns out, most of the well-known Avengers are busy. Don't worry though, we've made a list of lesser known Marvel characters who would be willing to help out. The issue is I can't remember any of their names, but I can remember certain things about them. If you can figure out who these lesser known characters are you'll gain the Power Stone.

• This guy is a racist caricature and is probably better left forgotten
    • This guy Bear-ly counts
    • You couldn't make a game about this hero until the N64 came out
    • worse Cyclops
    • how can characters be this dull?
    • Shockingly this character doesn't try and sleep with your wife
    • This guy needs to sit down with his ridiculous name
    • I can never find this guy anywhere but the end of my pencil
    • Did this guy just name himself after his weapon? Really?

Challenge 7: THE MIND STONE
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    It is time, the final challenge. In order to gain the Mind Stone you must prove yourselves worthy. You must solve my puzzle.

Go to the link, solve the puzzle, and take a screenshot of your answer.

O1e5l7R.png

(the cropped hint: 13. The podcast with 1 million downloads is either the podcast that began in 2014 or the show that began in 2011. "

Last edited:
    Final Challenge
  • OP
    OP
    B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
    Oct 25, 2017
    Avengers! At last you hold all the infinity stones and are able to defeat Thanos once and for all!

The final battle is upon you, can you succeed? Give it your all Avengers, the fate of the forum rides on you!

the-avengers-maze.jpg