• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Sony's exclusives is what really sells their consolesand ps5 will continue selling gangbusters

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
Nier isn't a Sony property. Big difference. It also never had a trailer calling it PS4 Exclusive AFAIK.

Yeah, I don't think there ever was a standalone trailer claiming it was exclusive. But I mean, the whole "PS4 exclusive" thing is no longer a valid proof of something being truly exclusive, we've seen it often enough not being truly exclusive, most recently with the QD games.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Yeah, I don't think there ever was a standalone trailer claiming it was exclusive. But I mean, the whole "PS4 exclusive" thing is no longer a valid proof of something being truly exclusive, we've seen it often enough not being truly exclusive, most recently with the QD games.

Quantic Dream games are the only example (Detroit mainly) and obviously an exception to the rule (like Rapture). No point in looking far into something like that.

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
Great exclusives showcase! Sony killed it this generation with their first party games.

Also, people that think that Death Stranding (using a Sony owned game engine) will be coming to PC, are clearly delusional.
I think it would be pretty sweet if more people got to play Death Stranding, but I don't see it happening either. Not when you consider that Sony is funding the game and it's being made using Guerilla's engine. I honestly can't wait to see how the game plays. It's the game I'm most curious about at the moment.

Oh and Dreams will be better than all those games in that trailer combined. Don't @ me.

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Ignoring Staff Post
Quantic Dream games are the only example (Detroit mainly) and obviously an exception to the rule (like Rapture). No point in looking far into something like that.

And I wasn't sure, so I went and checked the trademark on Death Stranding, Sony filled it prior to the PC announcement, so really it being owned by Sony doesn't mean it would never come to PC as well. Now, I'm not saying it will still come to PC, I truly have no idea, nobody but Kojima and Sony know that, but all the proofs people bring up as for why it will never release on anything but a Sony console, really aren't proof. Anyway, I'll stop there, as we're starting to derail the thread, sorry.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
tenor.gif

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I think you have it backwards. You would think you would know, you're always in PlayStation threads causing trouble when you have no place to be here...Come on, you're not fooling anyone. People like you never learn and I expect to see you in the Days Gone thread as well, as you always are. You can't keep up this victim complex scenario forever. I honestly feel sorry for you that you need self vindication this much.

Hope you don't get banned for this but everyone who goes into those threads knows that what you've posted is the truth.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
And I wasn't sure, so I went and checked the trademark on Death Stranding, Sony filled it prior to the PC announcement, so really it being owned by Sony doesn't mean it would never come to PC as well. Now, I'm not saying it will still come to PC, I truly have no idea, nobody but Kojima and Sony know that, but all the proofs people bring up as for why it will never release on anything but a Sony console, really aren't proof. Anyway, I'll stop there, as we're starting to derail the thread, sorry.

It will remain a PS4 exclusive unless otherwise stated, like every Sony owed property. People just need to stop port begging. Not sure why this has to continue being said.

we've got too many exceptions this gen.

From Sony? And they are...?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Don't engage with Mazi. He's one of the worst offenders here. Just put him on ignore and every now and then peek to see what other nonsense he's spewing. Not worth your time. It's obvious what his agenda is. Don't encourage it further.

Thanks for the heads up! Wasn't aware of this user. Will definitely add him to my ignore list.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Games that were funded and published by Sony? I can't think of any other than Detroit which seems like a unique case where it seems QD and Sony came to some sort of an agreement. It certainly took me by surprise. I'm surprised Sony chose to give up control of the IP.

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, but yeah, your point still stands. I imagine they don't plan to work with Quantic exclusively again and, coupled with a money bag from Epic, made the deal.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
An embarrassment of riches right there.....pretty much sums up why I game on Playstation......a first party that really resonates with me,and two of my favorites in Bloodborne and The Last Guardian not even there.

madmisterf

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing that mod intervention was required for such a straightforward thread.

On topic, Playstation's 1st party lineup has seen a staggering increase in quality this gen. Sony is still lacking that one title that could rival Nintendo's finest.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Games that were funded and published by Sony? I can't think of any other than Detroit which seems like a unique case where it seems QD and Sony came to some sort of an agreement. It certainly took me by surprise. I'm surprised Sony chose to give up control of the IP.

pretty sure Sony still controls the IPs, and decided that they want to be on EGS.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
There's a few smaller games like Flower, Everyone's Gone to The Rapture, Helldivers and Journey. 2 are literally them allowing 2 PC mostly devs to port their games, those trying to make it a negative are embarrassing themselves though.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Weird... I've been looking on Google and I can't find any announcement/confirmation of a PC version anywhere.

Um... That's maybe going a tad overboard as 'joining forces' implies some level of organisation when really it can just be that a lot of seperate posters see these threads as opportunities to grind an axe for whatever reasons. Doesn't take a conspiracy to make an asshole do what comes naturally.

There was an article on PC Gamer about it. Although, the original article this one was based of was since removed mysteriously.

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/kojima-productions-opens-its-doors/
PCGamer said:
Update: A Kojima Productions Q&A posted by PlayStation's EU Community Manager has confirmed that Kojima's new project will be coming to PC, but only after a stint on PS4. The length of the exclusivity period was not coughed up.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Never forget how NieR:A was shown as being a PS4 exclusive at PSX after it had been announced as coming to PC as well. Since that PSX showing, they went radio silent on the PC version till like a week before it released. All that "exclusive" business is deliberately misleading as fuck cause they realized when the messaging is too clear people would just wait to get on their platform of choice.
Not true. It was never said to be a full PS4 exclusive. Even in the first reveal trailer, it was never touted as an exclusive in any way, either full or launch.

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
Not true. It was never said to be a full PS4 exclusive. Even in the first reveal trailer, it was never touted as an exclusive in any way, either full or launch.

https://youtu.be/LVyVelgMh2w?t=2446

And you can even find remnants of that misleading marketing on the UK PS site: embark on a perilous mission to retake your home world in this PlayStation 4 exclusive sequel to PS3 fan favourite NieR.

Difference is NieR was never a Sony IP. None of these games are. If they're saying Death Stranding and Spider-Man is exclusive, then it's exclusive. Death Stranding in specific is a Sony IP. Trying to discuss beyond that is pointless at this point.

I already covered how being a Sony IP does not mean something will never come to another platform no matter what they want you to believe right now. DS trademark was filled PRIOR to the PC announcement, it was already a Sony IP when they said it would come to PC later on.

Last edited:

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Wow this thread is just bad from both sides. Sony Bootlicking, as well as needless hostility towards them at the same time.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

Difference is NieR was never a Sony IP. None of these games are. If they're saying Death Stranding and Spider-Man is exclusive, then it's exclusive. Death Stranding in specific is a Sony IP, not Kojima Productions IP. Trying to discuss beyond that is pointless at this point.