• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Not just this particular game if we are to believe Marvel. Iirc, in an interview they said: "The future of the Spider-Man games are in the hands of Sony and Insomniac Games..."
Sure i'm not disputing that. Just pointing out the difference between both is that Death Stranding is a Sony owned IP unlike Spider-Man that is a licenced IP.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Death Stranding isn't just published by Sony, but it is their trademark as well.
The game is published by Sony. Even on the official Playstation website it states as such.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/death-stranding-ps4/
D22HPMoW0AAuxQf

Sure i'm not disputing that. Just pointing out the difference between both is that Death Stranding is a Sony owned IP unlike Spider-Man that is a licenced IP.
Oh... sorry then. I understand now.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Even after the mod note some people are still harping on about DS coming to PC. Let it go, it's not happening.
Messages like these are no different though? "Even after the mod note some people are still harping on about DS not coming to PC".
The game is published by Sony. Even on the official Playstation website it states as such.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/death-stranding-ps4/

He isn't saying it isn't.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Weren't these all collaborations and incubated with Sony Santa Monica external (who went on to become Annapurna Interactive)?

I believe so. On top of that, they weren't using a proprietary engine of Sony's (though, of course, that's not 100% proof of anything either, but as I noted above, all about the emphasis :P)

Yeah, my bad, I fully admit I didn't read yours right.
Alright, fair enough.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post and history of trolling
People will lose their shits when Dead Stranding will be released for Xbox/PC two months after launch.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
GOT was really one of the only games that really grabbed my attention at e3. Its not even the graphics just the overall theme and gameplay looks spot on like old samurai movies

Yeah. They really did nail it from what i've seen so far.
If the sword combat/gameplay is half as good as it looks, i'll be satisfied

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
People will lose their shits when Dead Stranding will be released for Xbox/PC two months after launch.
Lol. It is not a question of when, more of "if". As it would be hilarious to see the meltdown, but I don't think it will happen. Mainly because the game is running on a proprietary engine made Guerilla Games. :P

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
As this video proves, PS4 doesn't need Death Stranding. It's obviously the furthest away from release too.

It will be huge and more important on PS5.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did a thread that doesnt even include the game people are portbegging for, turn into a portbegging thread. Era you really out done yourself this time.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, a lot of you can't even enjoy a sizzle reel trailer. At the very least these games aren't going to be on other systems any time soon so it's worthwhile for Sony to highlight them!

I know at the very least I will be enjoying these 6 games when I get a PS4, hopefully this year or next year. That's all there is to it for now, and Sony are taking advantage of it.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Wow..Sony threads are looking like Xbox threads now. I like the balance.

Good trailer but why show games that are already released.

It's meant to sell brand and legacy more so than the individual games. It's not that hard to figure out.
I didn't know that you had to use old games to do that. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Like damn, if y 'all want the game(s) then buy the console or wait until an OFFICIAL announcement that the title has gone multiplat; stop salt'n up the thread.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next time I hope they put some niche games in their videos. Great games like Gravity Rush, Astro Bot and Everybody's Golf.
The future looks incredible for Sony's Worldwide Studios. They have the best 1st party studios. And they are growing even more at the moment. Can't wait to see their first games on the PS5 :)
Spider-Man isn't first party

For the 10000000 time: It's fully funded and published by Sony. It is 1st party.

Oct 25, 2017
The game was announced only for PS4 and TK might pull the same shit they did with the first.

Not to disrespect these games, but this video shows the heavy hitters, not showing Death Stranding is wack, Horizon ( 2017 title) is in this and not DS?
Horizon is a critically acclaimed game that exists and Death Stranding is currently ???.