• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, been an amazing gen for Sony first party games. So much good stuff!
Even more including Gravity Rush 2 which I loved along with that great remaster of the first game.

I really do wonder about the timing of release for some of these games now, especially if PS5 is coming out soon. At least a few will be cross gen I guess....or I wonder if they will do the PS3 to PS4 transition thing again where they released a bunch of big games on the PS3 in the year PS4 launched

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I thought it was good stuff. Only one stinker out of the whole lineup is impressive.

I know Sony last gen was a good to great first party but this gen it feels like they stepped up to near match Nintendo in quality. They pump out hits, have some pretty good variety (they need a good shooter and turn based RPG imo but that's really it) and consistently push new tech. Gran Turismo Sport in HDR is bonkers.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Ignoring Staff Post
the own insomniac games says in their twitter and other sites, SPIDERMAN PS4 WILL NEVER BE IN ANOTHER CONSOLE OR PC. So, the detroit case with quantic dream is a very specific case, thats why we are never going to see the order 1886, spiderman, bloodborne, etc.. in another console, or PC. those are exclusive permanent games, the same with death stranding.

i don't think that any of those games you spoke about will come to pc but the argument in itself is bullshit. Detroit is a first party game, an IP owned by sony and a AAA at that. No one thought that would be coming to PC and yet here we are.

but yeah death stranding isn't coming to PC rofl i don't understand why that is even a discussion

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is entertaining just to see people blatantly ignoring the staff posts which isn't even exactly asking for much to talk about a conspiracy theory level nonsense for a game not even featured in the sizzle reel.

May 17, 2018
Leaving out stuff like MLB the Show, GT Sport, Astro Bot and Dreams make this video very one-sided to their super serious, cinematic 3rd-person action games.

I guess that stuff plays better in a trailer, but, the variety blows.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing. Sony has so many exclusives they couldn't even fit them in one video. Thank You Sony, I will continue to show my support. PS5 day one.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Yea but Days Gone looks whack and everything else looks great.

Alternatively Last of Us 2 or Ghosts don't need to be out for me to say they look awesome.
I see what you mean but it's quite possible for Days Gone to review positively and it can't be a dud if it's well received. I don't expect it to be as good as the rest of Sony's recent games but there's quite a big difference between "awesome" and "whack".

Plus, we've seen so little of Ghost of Tsushima gameplay that could inform us of much other than it has amazing production values. I have unconditional trust in a Naughty Dog game though.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I see what you mean but it's quite possible for Days Gone to review positively and it can't be a dud if it's well received. I don't expect it to be as good as the rest of Sony's recent games but there's quite a big difference between "awesome" and "whack".

Plus, we've seen so little of Ghost of Tsushima gameplay that could inform us of much other than it has amazing production values. I have unconditional trust in a Naughty Dog game though.
That's a little strange to not give Ghosts/Sucker Punch the benefit of the doubt considering their history.

Bend's last game I can remember was that horrendous Vita Uncharted spinoff where you were rubbing the touch screen in some bland ass environments doing iPhone tier boss fights. On top of that zombies and bikers are just bland to me so yea. It was just my opinion anyway. I'm sure a bunch of people will love it.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
GG peaks are equivalent to the lowest ND and SMS. Sucker punch has made nothing close to game of the year caliber games. They are still junior developers.
Near doesn't mean the same level.

Junior developers? GG's first try with an open world RPG and they delivered an 89 rated game, calling that junior is an insult, not to mention their past work with Killzone.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Watching this trailer was great but it really just makes me want Sony to make a game with a black or latin protagonist. I feel like if TLOU and Horizon can be super successful with female leads then it certainly bodes well for people of color.

With the heavy Native American feel I got from HZD, I was kinda curious why Alloy wasn't Native American

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping it elevates Bend to ND/SSM/Guerrilla status.

I think Sucker Punch is already there, but Ghost of Tsushima will seal the deal.

Sales wise...

I think it's a certainty. As long as it doesn't get review bombed It'll be embraced. When it comes to that single player, story driven narrative, Sony has garnered a ton of faith in that arena.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
All these DS talks about exclusivity and ports and here I am thinking that is probably because is the one title that will most likely be cross gen.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I really do wonder about the timing of release for some of these games now, especially if PS5 is coming out soon. At least a few will be cross gen I guess....or I wonder if they will do the PS3 to PS4 transition thing again where they released a bunch of big games on the PS3 in the year PS4 launched
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the timing of this set of games that is crossing very closely with PS5's presumed launch especially since some don't have dates yet, like Death Stranding.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
That's a little strange to not give Ghosts/Sucker Punch the benefit of the doubt considering their history.

Bend's last game I can remember was that horrendous Vita Uncharted spinoff where you were rubbing the touch screen in some bland ass environments doing iPhone tier boss fights. On top of that zombies and bikers are just bland to me so yea. It was just my opinion anyway. I'm sure a bunch of people will love it.
Golden Abyss was well received - not amazingly, mind you - but overall. For their status, Bend has always punched above their weight and produced great home console and portable titles.

They should still be given the benefit of the doubt given how big and ambitious of a game Days Gone is in relation to the size of their studio, and having transitioned from making portable games to big AAA console games, with this being their first in this area in a decade. I do have faith in Sucker Punch on delivering on story, open-world, action & stealth gameplay, but just like Bend has to do SP had to build up to their greatness.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima does have potential to be the best new IP of the generation tho - I think that game can be very special if they nail down the open world (all Infamous games have lifeless/boring open worlds)

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Golden Abyss was well received - not amazingly, mind you - but overall. For their status, Bend has always punched above their weight and produced great home console and portable titles.

They should still be given the benefit of the doubt given how big and ambitious of a game Days Gone is in relation to the size of their studio, and having transitioned from making portable games to big AAA console games, with this being their first in this area in a decade. I do have faith in Sucker Punch on delivering on story, open-world, action & stealth gameplay, but just like Bend has to do SP had to build up to their greatness.

Yeah Bend have made some decent games, their Syphon Filter games were great, so I'm definitely willing to give them and Days Gone the benefit of the doubt, some people are being really harsh on Days Gone.

While I do think Days Gone will fall a little short of the likes of Sony's recent top tier games (God of War and Horizon) I still think it will be a good game and review well enough (expecting 80-85 MC score) and should be a big hit for Bend.