• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
This is incredibly bad holy crap. Not only does it put people's collections in flux, but it also severely limits the scope of competitive battling for Gen 8.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
This is 100% a misstranslation/ missunderstanding.

They may block non Regional for a while, just like they did in the past 2 gens with the pokebank.

There's no way they'll be blocking mythic pokemon from SM.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Just as they sell me on the game they drop this bombshell lmao

It's a weird decision, the whole point of Bank was to preserve your Pokemon over the years and keep bringing them forwards and we haven't seen any crazy improvements in graphics or animations that would require a lesser scope have we?

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
So... It's not like Sun/Moon where you can't transfer them for the first few months? They're just... not in the game?

Wow. This game looks so amazing but that's a HUUUUGE bummer. Like, really, really bad. Have to hope they're going to add them eventually. The fan backlash is going to be absolutely fucking terrible for this, they might have to.

chiayiii

Apr 19, 2018
So I'm assuming what they truly want to say is that they haven't had enough time to develop all pokemon models, and hence some pokemon will have to wait for the next game.

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously? This is *dire* news for this game, then.

I suppose that sets up DLC for the remaining Pokemon but...I don't like the sound of that.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, if this turns out to be a "National Pokedex is needed before you can transfer", will those who were misinformed realize this or will the rush to give bad news win over?

Spoiler: It's the later.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Just try to stop me from transferring Garbodor, you heartless monsters.

He's ugly and unpopular but he's my baby, goddammit. :(

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Garbage, worst news yet. Heres hoping they have post launch patches to add in more pokemon

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This is 100% a misstranslation/ missunderstanding.

They may block non Regional for a while, just like they did in the past 2 gens with the pokebank.

There's no way they'll be blocking mythic pokemon from SM.

They said that you can't transfer Pokémon that are not in the regional dex because there are over 800. I heard him loud and clear.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This alone outweights EVERYTHING else they showed.

It doesn't matter one bit how the rest of the game is if I can't have all Pokémon.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
You are jumping to wild conclusions with only a random fast comment from masuda. There's no way they are blocking non regional forever.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
we gonna need some clarification on this for real though, I wouldn't get too wound up about it just yet.

XSystem

Apr 1, 2019
I don't play competitively, but isn't this absolutely desastrous for that scene since they rely on the availability of all 800+ Pokémon?

Heck, I was so looking forward to transfering all the Pokémon I caught in previous Gens to Sw/Sh, this is *such* a bummer, UGH.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't really care before what old Pokemon were seen but now it's vital.

Thankfully Sawk has been confirmed

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, gamefreak strikes again with this bullshit.

I'll just wait for the revision with the whole dex then.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey don't advertise Pokémon Bank and Home then

Extremely disappointed. I'm specifically been playing through some of the older games to get Pokémon ready to transfer. It's just pathetic

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I really don't want to put my Pokemon on SS, just keep them in Home, but... what?

At least the national dex is unlockable?

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm starting to think we don't have full national dex in sword and shield just like lets go ,but of course bigger dex. Have they confirmed at any point in time that all pokemon will be there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.